Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• It was good while it lasted..., i actually had fun on the last 2 weeks with GW, again the same ***, why in the hell a daily challenge has to take more than an hour of my day, you make 1 step forward and 2 backwards, today last squad took me 10 units to bring it down.. and they were jedis i cant imagine full clone squad or droids, by far was the hardest GW i've ever done. if you want to increase difficulty increase the rewards or make it shorter.
  • Oh yea and the teams name is Mol Eliza. Insult to injury.

Golden :D
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Just left a 1 star review in the app store. Hopefully we can save other people the pain and agony of the updates by these geniuses.
  • mMmLL4MA
    25 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Today my final node (#12) was a team with 38,699 total power, made up of 8,240 Old Ben, 7,190 Rey, 8,121 Qui-Gon Jinn, 7,600 Captain Phasma, and 7,548 Geonosian Soldier. The highest power I can muster is 34,121, but my usual team in Arena is 33,376; That makes the differences 4,578 and 5,323 respectively.

Hard is fine, but ~5,000 power is not close to fair, especially with nodes 6, 9, 11, 12 all having increased difficulty, especially 11 which is seeming really close to 12's difficulty, I had to use an entire team just to weaken 11 enough to pass with the main team. I have 12 7*'s at good level, so it's not like I don't have the means for something like this.

Today's release says "Provide a “war of attrition” where health is persisted as you progressed in battles." as one of the aims of Galactic War, and as long as I have been doing it it has not been. It was too hard, then it was nerfed so badly I could use the auto feature and maybe lose one person, and now, two days in a row I won't be completing it. If you expect us to sustain loses and for most people to complete it, then we cannot be expected to beat something better than our best teams, which would not be completely intact in all likely hood after a real gauntlet.
  • My wife just started playing this game and she is not a Star Wars fan. She is level 50 fighting level 65s with protection. Needless to say she is quite annoyed. We both like to spend money on games but I can tell to you 100% for sure she will not be. She is even saying to me why work on gear/leveling/characters to only continue to face harder and harder teams as you try to progress further. Basically why even play this game anymore?

Also the fact that you guys finally said something before leaving for the holiday weekend is just plain wrong. Not sure if this was a good decision on your part.
  • GForce9x wrote: »
    Maybe when they said you would spend less time on GW, their intentions weren't that people finish it in less time, but that people would get to node 6 and then quit/restart, technically spending less time that they would have going the full distance before the change.

This.
  • Aley
    94 posts Member
    Difficult is cool, but impossible is ignorant.

My best arena team is 30k so why did I have a 35k+ 6, 9, 10, a 37k 11 and a 40k 12? The 40k 12 team kills all but one person on my team before I even get to play. I used my entire roster on this node 12 team and did not even drop their shields 10% You say you wanted difficult? Well that is just freaking impossible. Yet even more silly is some people got all greens for node 12.

You Devs and moderators don't want to hear it either that is why you keep ending the discussions we the players are having and locking the threads.

I am not spending another dime on this game.
  • Daezl
    177 posts Member
    I don't buy it. I think they're too embarrassed to admit that they broke something. Again.
  • Utter insanity in galactic war. I don't have a single char at gear 11 and I run into a full maxed squad? Your tuning algorithms are flawed. That's about as civil as I can get without going into detail.
  • hahahah. They've tuned it to be a "working as intended" difficult challenge. With terrible rewards scaled for two level caps ago. What a joke. I hope EA cuts your Dec team in half while demanding more work from y'all with absolutely no increase on compensation.
  • oh i forget this is like talking to walls
  • Heina
    110 posts Member
    @EA_Jesse just increase the credit rewards in GW and we will all be cool.
  • There are four views in this topic:
    1. Harder then a cakewalk at node 12.
    2. Harder than murders row at nodes 10-12.
    3. Older shard players CAN showcase their roster, they've had time to build one.
    4. Newer shard players are showcasing? They're arena team and maybe a solid b and c team.

For number 3 category players, consider if you could of showcased your roster when you were level 71, 75, 78 etc, etc. Especially against the number 2 category.

I fall into 2 and 4. Ok I'll build up a showcase in my roster. Of course Im gonna need credits. So how do I get credits? GW!

A complete fail, at least for categories 2 and 4.
  • Sunod10
    211 posts Member
    I guess a lot of wallets will be closed from now on. I like the game, not the headaches. My final node was an all maxed g11 team. Thx for trying EA. But no thx. I'll still play, but no impulse to spend. So no angry demands. No rage quitting from me. It's just sad to see the ending coming sooner than later. So with the fourth coming people will not be spending on this game. And after that get lost post. No spending next week either. Maybe that might resonate and effect change. Gonna go spend my former Star Wars money on other stuff
  • Catarra
    67 posts Member
    Well, I guess the one good thing about this is that it confirmed it wasn't my imagination. Today it took me close to 30 minutes to complete the final node, where I was facing a fully maxed and geared team of Rey, RG, QGJ, GS, and Phasma. It was miserable and took multiple retreats, as well as multiple suicide squads who couldn't make that much of a dent. About 90% of the time when I restarted that node, the opponents' team would hit first, and hit hard. Rey was pretty much one-hitting and destroying everyone. Finally I stumbled across the right combination of moves to take her out and then chip away at the rest of the team so that I beat that node. But it wasn't fun.

And dodge is STILL a huge problem. It's so frustrating to see the AI team dodge half a dozen times in a row when I'm lucky if one of my toons manages to dodge maybe once during the whole battle.
    "They were in the wrong place at the wrong time. Naturally they became heroes." ~ Leia Organa
  • If you are going to make it more difficult, make the rewards more fruitful for meeting the challenge.
  • Ibonedleia wrote: »
    There are four views in this topic:
    3. Older shard players CAN showcase their roster, they've had time to build one.
    4. Newer shard players are showcasing? They're arena team and maybe a solid b and c team.

For number 3 category players, consider if you could of showcased your roster when you were level 71, 75, 78 etc, etc. Especially against the number 2 category.

I fall into 2 and 4. Ok I'll build up a showcase in my roster. Of course Im gonna need credits. So how do I get credits? GW!

Keep in mind human nature. People in 3 don't care about people in 4 as a general rule, and most likely most people in 3 want to keep and increase their advantages over people in 4.
  • Could be nuffin but my arena team power is 34k but it shows as over 36k in the guild stats. No changes been made to my team. Hope the GW ain't calculated off the 36k. Coz that would be poos
  • Ibonedleia wrote: »
    There are four views in this topic:

Category 5
    Older players who just focused on collecting characters, not building them and have an A team and a decent b-team and ok C-team

That's me
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • @PainSaber
    Unfortunately true.
  • Sunod10 wrote: »
    I guess a lot of wallets will be closed from now on. I like the game, not the headaches. My final node was an all maxed g11 team. Thx for trying EA. But no thx. I'll still play, but no impulse to spend. So no angry demands. No rage quitting from me. It's just sad to see the ending coming sooner than later. So with the fourth coming people will not be spending on this game. And after that get lost post. No spending next week either. Maybe that might resonate and effect change. Gonna go spend my former Star Wars money on other stuff

I bought a new 1911 .45 caliber with what I saved by not spending in goh!!!

Just read that and immediately felt like a car insurance commercial lmao
  • So which is it? yesterday they claim they didn't make an adjustment and now today it was intentional. First it was too hard and time-consuming so they made it easier on us and now it's too easy so they made it even harder on us. The only consistency is apparently us getting screwed.

• @PainSaber

You may be interested in (google: rio grand handgrips).
  • some people kept their arena team low power so they could have an easier time at GW. They nerf the event to make GW easy. People then power up their arena teams and the developers pull the rug out from underneath. It seems purposeful and also pretty shady.
  • some people kept their arena team low power so they could have an easier time at GW. They nerf the event to make GW easy. People then power up their arena teams and the developers pull the rug out from underneath. It seems purposeful and also pretty shady.

It goes off the 5 hightest power characters you got. Not your arena squad.
  • Mine isn't just more difficult, it is completely impossible. The majority of my resources are in my arena team which are all lvl 78 gear 9. After that, the next tier of my toons are lvl 75 gear 7/8. Today I faced 4 teams lvl 80 gear 10/11 and no matter what combo I use I can not get passed the last node. It's simply no fun spending hours on a "challenge" that can't be beaten.

The last team they threw at me was Anakin (L), Fives, Aayla, QGJ, and RG. Every ability was omegaed w 41k power... just unreal.

And your proof of this assumption?
  • Go_Blue
    95 posts Member
    I implore @CG_NotReallyAJedi, @CG_JohnSalera, @EA_Jesse and others to have a real conversation with the player base about this. There's a lot of passion here and everyone wants the same thing-- to make the game enjoyable. Let's work together to make that happen. Engage with us. Don't ignore us.
  • PainSaber wrote: »
    some people kept their arena team low power so they could have an easier time at GW. They nerf the event to make GW easy. People then power up their arena teams and the developers pull the rug out from underneath. It seems purposeful and also pretty shady.

And your proof of this assumption?

There's multiple people that have proved it through keeping track of arena power vs highest 5 toons vs GW opponents.

• It goes off the 5 hightest power characters you got. Not your arena squad.

If so, that would be another change.

It used to be based off the highest powered team you ever used to win a match in the arena.