Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• Don't forget you can actually charge turnmeter in the early nodes of gw. For example start with A-team node one, node 2 change to B-team, node 3 change to C-team. And then continue with your regular team. You now have 3 teams charged with turnmeter.

I dont like the change. But this is just a tip to ease gw
  • This game has gone from fun to fiasco. Glitches galore, horrible design choices, disgusting business practices, complete ignorance and disregard to their own community, absurd progress barriers, etc.

And now this update that is clearly faulty, there is more than enough proof from players. Pitting us against teams that are over 40k power with multiple gear 11/10 toons is beyond ridiculous and now is impossible to beat. Kudos to you CG for continually messing this game up.

My wallet will remain forever closed from this point on and I urge others to do the same. Speak the only language they seem to understand. Furthermore take monetary complaints right to Google/Apple for compensation. We need to send them a clear message about how incompetent these people really are.

Brother lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    I'm just so confused about the co.plete disregard for the bug where players are pulling 3* teams as the last node.

That has nothing to do with difficulty, yes it's hard. First day this caught me off guard because we had no warning and I could finish. But why should the difficulty be so hard for no more reward.... "hard nodes" should pay more or give more shards or something.

It needs to be toned down just a little, I am facing teams that it takes a squad to take down one player, I'm sorry but not everyone has that lvl of depth nor will they for a while and by then it will be even harder.
  • MLGebra
    343 posts Member
    Yep, that works well enough for backup squads. Even so, those are very limited in that they require a high gear level, which in turn requires a long, long farm.
  • I am all for making GW more difficult. But now this takes longer than ever. Why not keep it tough but cut it to 9 nodes. Just to note that I haven't got close to completing the last 2 GW as these epic teams have annihilated my extensive 7 star roster :(
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    I'd like to comment here, but we were told to keep it civil. I can't think of anything nice to say. Never spend any money on this game.
  • They probably wanted to see the reaction and judge the difficulty without players knowing there was a change.
  • JRA wrote: »
    I'd like to comment here, but we were told to keep it civil. I can't think of anything nice to say. Never spend any money on this game.

Thats ok. I get in trouble even when I'm being civil. The only thing that truly matters here is certain peoples perception, not fact
  • Yudoka
    1274 posts Member
    You guys didn't tweak it, you broke it. Unless it was your intention to provide the most difficult team possible for node 11 and then a generic 3* team for node 12. Or maybe that's the intent and you figure after a fight like that all we'd have left is one guy? It's honestly worse now than it was pre-June 15th update.
    They groaned, they stirred, they all uprose, Nor spoke, nor moved their eyes; It had been strange, even in a dream, To have seen those dead men rise.
  • Apoc
    172 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Wow! Their response was a slap in the face. Well, that it. I'm not spending another dime on this game...ever.
    Post edited by Apoc on
  • methoss1004
    148 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Well... I can finish it, but it is harder and takes longer than it did prior to Jun 15. I may go back to not completing it daily. I dont need the shards anymore and Ive been cutting back on crystal usage to save for gear so the only thing I would miss is credits, the ability III piece and the random shard. Not a huge loss if I stop without completing on days I dont have time. It stinks, but meh. Im starting to care a lot less. Im competitive enough and there are other areas I can concentrate on.

If they bump up the rewards for nodes 6-12 by two to five times then I be willing to spend that extra time.

I think its contradictory to say that you want to shorten the time needed to complete it and then boost the difficulty thereby greatly increasing the time needed to complete it... Unless by 'complete' you mean quit trying early. And its clearly the hottest topic in a while with over 800 comments in just 2 days in one thread.

BTW, thanks for the reply. Though, since it was planned, next time please dont make a ninja update to something this major. That kind of practice really upsets people.

@CG_JohnSalera
  • Well... I can finish it, but it is harder and takes longer than it did prior to Jun 15. I may go back to not completing it daily. I dont need the shards anymore and Ive been cutting back on crystal usage so the only thing I would miss is credits, the ability III piece and the random shard. Not a huge loss if I stop without completing on days I dont have time. It sucks, but meh. Im starting to care a lot less. Im competitive enough and there are other areas I can concentrate on.

I think its contradictory to say that you want to shorten the time needed to complete it and then boost the difficulty thereby greatly increasing the time needed to complete it... Unless by 'complete' you mean quit trying early. And its clearly the hottest topic in a while with over 800 comments in just 2 days in one thread.

Yea , hottest topic since last weeks fup with raid exploiters not being punished lol. Pretty much theres a screw up weekly now, if not more often
  • I'm done. I'm voting with my wallet, and with uninstalling the game. I've dropped a considerable sum of money into this game. Unfortunately, it is now abundantly clear the developers are unethical ****. No notification they were changing anything. No word for two days after they make the change. And now that a statement has been made, it is quite evident that it is nothing but a lie to cover over their mistake.

It is nothing but a never ending parade of inconsistencies from @CG_JohnSalera, going back to the "protection" update a couple of months ago. Changes are made not in the interest of making a game that people want to play, but only in the interest of milking this golden cow for every drop they can.

I'm not going to spend an hour of frustration trying to beat GW, especially with such crappy rewards. The fact that they dramatically increased the difficulty without any change to the loot drops just makes it clear that EA and CG are clueless on how these types of games should be managed.
  • My last node is 7* lvl 80 gear X Old Ben (L), 7* lvl 80 gear XI QG, 7* lvl80 gear X GS, 7* lvl 80 gear X Rey, 7* lvl 80 gear X RG, all with protection of course. This was after a couple other nodes with similar opponents.

Are you kidding me? I guess they want me to quit playing GW. Good jorb
  • Don't forget you can actually charge turnmeter in the early nodes of gw. For example start with A-team node one, node 2 change to B-team, node 3 change to C-team. And then continue with your regular team. You now have 3 teams charged with turnmeter.

I dont like the change. But this is just a tip to ease gw

I do that now. Kinda fun. But it doesn't matter when when that wrecking ball meta squad comes screaming in to wreck your world. "Oh, you've got a partially full TM with you. How cute." *BOOM*
  • Krey
    341 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    There are at least 4 problems that I have with this.

1. An update to GW was not announced in any way. It took 2 days of complaining and 100's of posts to get someone to fess up.
    2. Making nodes 6+ a pain in the rear (except for the final one which i will address in a moment) is not making the last few more difficult. That is making half of them more difficult.
    3. The whole 3 star, junk gear teams on node 12. How does stuff like that happen of you have tested it at all? You should put just as much testing into every GW change as you did the first time when you made it easier. You actually had other players testing it who were giving you feed back. Did you just decide that those players who helped you test last time weren't good enough anymore? Because there is no way this update, especially with the buggy final node, would have gotten you positive player feedback from anyone.
    4. You talk about this being a battle of attrition that forces you to go through your roster. Ok. But do you realize that this premise is completely flawed and at odds with a daily task in a mobile game? A single, daily task you are supposed to do everything in your power to complete every 24 hours should not be an arduous, 1+ hour grind. A grind is something that plays out over days (like leveling and gearing characrers). Not daily tasks. If this is what you want, double the rewards and make the reset timer 24 hours. Or leave the rewards and the reset timer, make it 6 battles, and give me top 5 arena teams on every node (since that is where I normally finish at payout). Either way, the problem is that GW takes too much time to do in a 24 hour period. Difficulty is not a factor for me. It is time doing a single task every day. Go fix that problem. Fix time. Not difficulty.
  • Back to not caring about the GW. A complete waste of time for garbage rewards. I'll only attempt to get through it when it's the guild event. Otherwise it's to node 6 and quit. If I messed up this badly in my job I'd be fired for sure.
  • Oh yea and the teams name is Mol Eliza. Insult to injury.
  • It's bad enough I have to choose between 37-40k Dooku/Rey/RG/GS/QGJ or Dooku/Rey/RG/Fives/GS or Dooku/Rey/RG/QGJ/Fives for arena but to see it 4-5 times in GW is ridiculous
  • Not sure what is going on, but I have 20 level 80 characters that are 7* and gear level 8, 9 or 10.

I used to win GW 9 out of 10 times, now I win in 1 out of 10.

I literally run into teams that kill 5 level 80, 7*, gear level 8 & 9 without me being able to kill a single character. I can weaken one, or sometimes kill one before dying.

If I only run into one team of that strength I can win, 2 teams of that quality and I probably lose but have a small chance and 3 teams of that quality is a guaranteed loss. Today, the first team I ran into at that strength was in the 5th battle! Then again in the 9th battle. And, finally in the 11th battle where my guys so depleted that I had no chance.

Not only is not much fun to know you have no chance of victory. It also seems completely ridiculous that characters that are literally maxed out not only can't win, but they get beat in an embarrassing fashion.

I still enjoy the guild raids and some of the other gameplay but this is making me seriously consider quitting.

• Aley
    94 posts Member
    My best arena team is 30k so why did I have a 35k+ 6, 9, 10, a 37k 11 and a 40k 12? The 40k 12 team kills all but one person on my team before I even get to play. You say you wanted difficult? Well that is just freaking impossible. I dumped my entire roster on node 12 and never even got their shields down 10%

You Devs don't want to hear it either that is why you keep ending the discussions that we the players are having and locking the threads. Saying as designed is either a cop out or you want GW to be unwinnable. Or some people are getting low level greens for 12. Even more ridiculousness.

See if you ever get another dime out of me.
  • Satirist
    34 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Satirist wrote: »
    Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

Just to counter that - soon as GW was changed to be easy there were multiple threads that went up complaining that it was too easy. Me personally, I like that it's not as hard - but to say that no one liked it the old was is totally not correct. There were actually a decent chunk of players that liked the challenge.

so what? the other day there was a poll on that subject and 95% of all votes preferred the easier GW. Are you saying EA should cater to the remaining 5%?

Besides, you absolutely fail to get my point. This is not about challenging or not challenging. Of course people like a challenge. Otherwise there would be no sense of achievement. But there are many things in the game that provide a challenge: Arena, Events, Even raids are challenging for lower level players/guilds.
    But GW is not challenging, it's just a mess. It's challenging in the same way as manually computing the last digit of PI is challenging. It's challenging in the same way as climbing a mountain in a wheel chair is challenging. Maybe there are people who enjoy this kind of thing, but for the majority it's just a pointless sisyphean task.
  • stumpoman wrote: »
    Back to one star on the review.

I didnt think about this. This finally motivates me to do a review of the game. Too bad EA. I used to like you.
  • Maybe when they said you would spend less time on GW, their intentions weren't that people finish it in less time, but that people would get to node 6 and then quit/restart, technically spending less time that they would have going the full distance before the change.
  • Come on - Galactic War It is too difficult.
    Why such a big leap difficulties ?
  • Maybe it'll be fun?

I will probably forget I said this and say it's the worst thing ever tomorrow..
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    I've been running to teams with 7* level 80 gear 8 or higher on nodes 6, 9 and 12 the past 3 days.
  • PainSaber wrote: »
    Well... I can finish it, but it is harder and takes longer than it did prior to Jun 15. I may go back to not completing it daily. I dont need the shards anymore and Ive been cutting back on crystal usage so the only thing I would miss is credits, the ability III piece and the random shard. Not a huge loss if I stop without completing on days I dont have time. It sucks, but meh. Im starting to care a lot less. Im competitive enough and there are other areas I can concentrate on.

Yea , hottest topic since last weeks fup with raid exploiters not being punished lol. Pretty much theres a screw up weekly now, if not more often

The others were hot topics, true, but not to this extent. It was almost a thousand replies in two days. It was the major portion of guild chat as well. The other topics were hot, but not this hot. Even the dodge megathread only has 2.5k replies and thats months and months of replies.
  • Kane13
    256 posts Member
    Complete slap in the face from the devs. Tuning without acknowledgment to the players is FUBAR. This game is quickly falling apart. Good job EA. Once again you prove why you're the #1 hated company in the U.S.
  • PainSaber wrote: »
    Well... I can finish it, but it is harder and takes longer than it did prior to Jun 15. I may go back to not completing it daily. I dont need the shards anymore and Ive been cutting back on crystal usage so the only thing I would miss is credits, the ability III piece and the random shard. Not a huge loss if I stop without completing on days I dont have time. It sucks, but meh. Im starting to care a lot less. Im competitive enough and there are other areas I can concentrate on.

The others were hot topics, true, but not to this extent. It was almost a thousand replies in two days. It was the major portion of guild chat as well. The other topics were hot, but not this hot. Even the dodge megathread only has 2.5k replies and thats months and months of replies.

Im just saying lol