Galactic War - Post ALL Comments Here ***MEGATHREAD*** (GW Threads all Merged here)

Replies

• warmonkey wrote: »
    Gratz on making the game less fun for terrible level 40 rewards. No freaking way do I want to spend more than an hour everyday fighting the same teams in GW I fight in arena everyday.

Very much agreed.

And I don't remember the last time 6 out of 12 translates as one of "the last few".
    On June 29th we made an adjustment to the June 15th tuning to make the last few nodes more challenging.
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • Seems like they stealth tuned it intentionally. Can't understand why a heads up would not have been a good idea. Makes it come off as if they are taking away our credit gain since we have the scoundrel event now(which some of us still aren't able to complete yet).

Not saying that this is definitely the case, but when you do stuff in such a shady way you typically have a shady reasoning behind it.
  • Slewfoot
    910 posts Member
    Called it (from the old megathread)

This whole thing was probably planned long ago. People stopped buying credit packs and getting all their credits from GW. People were intentionally sandbagging their arena teams for easier GW, so the devs intentionally weakened GW for a bit to get people to boost their arena teams. Then a few weeks later in the middle of the night, a stealth update to bring back GW to the old algorithm, and people cant finish and are forced to buy credit packs or waste resources for a scoundrel event.
  • Remember that the tuning changes on the 15th June were to make GW less time consuming. This seems a complete reversal of that policy
  • It's not fair that I'm facing multiple teams 6-7k higher than my highest possible team. There is a huge difference between a challenge and a screw-over like this
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    @CG_JohnSalera, you guys need to actually read the forums, look at the screenshots. Maxed out teams on node 6 and 3 star gear 3 teams on node 12.

It's completely backwards, full of bugs.

Sometimes I wonder if we're even talking about the same game.
  • Is this real life?
  • I'm just really confused about the all green 2* final node
  • "Provide a real challenge to players"

Thank you! For long time players I think you put GW into a good spot now, decent mixture between auto-mode fights and some nodes along the way that require attention. More interesting than before and doable in a resonable time aswell.

---
    Some things to consider when you look at it again:
    - At high arena power (39k+ atleast) the 12th node is a lvl 78, green-geared 3 star team.
    - At lower level (or fresh to 80 g8) the challenge towards the end is perhaps more the impossible than a challenge, while I'm strongly in favour of providing long term goals and something to aspire to, being a lvl 75 and facing a finished lvl 80 team is too much.
  • Ely
    161 posts Member
    Notification before there is a tweak would be appreciated.

Single targeting a toon for the first 6 nodes is a bit much.

A challenge is fine, less nodes with same overall rewards would make it less time consuming.
  • KelEl85
    158 posts Member
    In any game like this the challenge should get easier as you level up and expand your roster OR the rewards should get better as the challenge gets harder. This is just backwards, greedy, and lazy design
  • +1 I have seen pictures of my guild mates fights in GW and they have easy teams all low gear and low star and here I am getting level 80 7* max gear in nodes 5 to the end. So it's defently not fixed this shady update for GW has ruined GW yet again. We as a community should not be at all surprised since this happens ever time they try and fix GW.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I say thanks for making GW interesting again. I'm loving the tweak. So what, there's 3 teams out of 12 that are challenging.

For me the challenge is seeing who can solo toon the last weak node. Day 1 it was 5's, day 2 Vader.

Who will it be tomorrow.....
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Please consider revamping Galactic War entirely instead of tuning the random distribution algorithm. You guys (and gals?) seem to have a dedicated and talented team working on events, perhaps consider handing GW over to them as a major content block. They could craft preset themed campaigns that rotate each month, which allows the player access to new content and gives the developer the ability to fine tune the difficulty to an intended rather than random level.

For example, the Galactic War for August could be "A New Hope" with an Empire themed campaign, each day ending in a miniboss that changes on a weekly basis culminating in a raid like battle against the Emperor in week 4. This also gives the ability to show off new and upcoming characters in scheduled PvE content.
  • stumpoman
    442 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    I will be running to node 6 and stopping from now on
  • Lasserini wrote: »
    "Provide a real challenge to players"

Thank you! For long time players I think you put GW into a good spot now, decent mixture between auto-mode fights and some nodes along the way that require attention. More interesting than before and doable in a resonable time aswell.

---
    Some things to consider when you look at it again:
    - At high arena power (39k+ atleast) the 12th node is a lvl 78, green-geared 3 star team.
    - At lower level (or fresh to 80 g8) the challenge towards the end is perhaps more the impossible than a challenge, while I'm strongly in favour of providing long term goals and something to aspire to, being a lvl 75 and facing a finished lvl 80 team is too much.

+1
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    I agree if the difficulty is increased we should get more credits than we did during the level 60 level cap.
  • Why is it so darn difficult for the devs to understand player feedback on GW? The playerbase's opinion on GW is unanimous and unequivocal and overall not hard to understand. You say you monitor play feedback? Then monitor this:
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?
  • We got a lousy response. Pretty much f-off players. Take what you get and like it.
  • I'm really hating GW now. I loved the Jun.15th update where it was easier and more time manageable. This recent change makes me not even want to play it. The last 3 nodes I faced were extremely difficult. The last node especially took 4 teams to end it and even with that I barely made it out. It's not fun... just pure frustration.
  • Palanthian
    1262 posts Member
    It's statements like this from John that show a complete disconnect between the man at the top and what's actually going on in the game. I'm all for a challenge but anyone can see the nodes are bugged, all you have to do is play it.

2 days of discussing this, a 30 page thread, so many screenshots showing the obvious bugs, and then the statement above. I just don't get it.
  • medetec wrote: »
    Please consider revamping Galactic War entirely instead of tuning the random distribution algorithm. You guys (and gals?) seem to have a dedicated and talented team working on events, perhaps consider handing GW over to them as a major content block. They could craft preset themed campaigns that rotate each month, which allows the player access to new content and gives the developer the ability to fine tune the difficulty to an intended rather than random level.

For example, the Galactic War for August could be "A New Hope" with an Empire themed campaign, each day ending in a miniboss that changes on a weekly basis culminating in a raid like battle against the Emperor in week 4. This also gives the ability to show off new and upcoming characters in scheduled PvE content.

Too bad these kind of awesome, constructive, thoughtful posts will get buried but would've never been read or regarded anyway. :/

Great idea @medetec , I would thoroughly enjoy this. :+1:
    Proud and Belgian officer of [DTA] BIER DTA | official Lando Calrissian fanboy KappaPride
  • The node six meta team is an absolute brick wall for newer/leveling players. By having it at six you cripple their ability to get credits. The more I think about it, the more I think that is the point of having it there.

Also, I know a few people that are going to absolutely furious over this. They had previously kept their arena team in check due to GW. With the last changes they thought it was safe to fully gear and level them. Guess not.
  • This pretty much sums up all my thoughts regarding GW:
    Satirist wrote: »
    GW is an incredibly boring, tedious, annoying and aggravating chore that takes ages to complete and provides absolutely no entertainment value whatsoever. No one enjoys it, no one wants it. The only reason people still do GW, is because they have to, if they want to stay competitive.
    The whole concept of GW is broken beyond repair. One of the main reason people like GoH, is because it doesn't take a buttload of time to play on a competitive level. (Hint: sim tickets) How could you possibly think people enjoy retreating from the same battle for two dozen times, just so they can finally beat GW?

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Adding to this, they "heard" our feedback on it being to hard, so they made it easier, and now they changed their mind. I posted this in the other thread deserves another bump:
    32b4229145de0a2c1171b9b5757f25dfaa1bbf7b9be0b687be4dd5aec76a34d6.jpg
  • Miralectred
    169 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    This company can't do anything right. Not a single thing. It's embarrassing.

Edit - That last paragraph is a joke. Lie more please.
  • Vaexqua
    49 posts Member
    As a paying customer, I would appreciate either better rewards or go back to easy GW. This has become a daily grind which is no longer any fun. I can finish it, but I don't like spending the amount of time required to finish. Not sure if anyone has ever heard of the old business saying "The customer is always right." Apparently our voice doesn't count. Eventually players will get fed up or bored and move on. I'm getting close myself. I can spend my entertainment dollars elsewhere.
  • I like this idea, it's better than making it harder on people who didn't want it to be harder in the first place
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    Ok. I'm F2P and can actually still easily beat it and so this is actually good for me since it will mean it will be slower for other people to catch up to me.

Now I think there may be a misunderstanding of the word challenging. If I can beat something 100% of the time that means it is not a challenge. Unless I am misunderstanding and by challenge they mean it's tedious and boring so it's a challenge to want to play it.

Was fun. Now it is not.