Prev13456718
BentWookiee
4819 posts Member
edited July 2016
EA_Jesse wrote: »
Greetings,

Here are the update notes for today.

General
  • Limited time Galactic Gear Pack – Need extra gear to get your remaining character ready for Raids? The Galactic Gear Pack is now in the Store! For a limited time you can get the gear you need, and have a chance to get exclusive Raid Gear. This pack is available for 660 Crystals and may be purchased up to 3 times a day. These packs will only be available until July 11th.
  • For the next 7 days you can now refresh the Shard Shop with CRYSTALS. During this time you can purchase exclusive Raid Gear in addition to General Grievous and random character shards. This Event ends on July 11th.
  • A new Booster Pack is available during each Grand Master Yoda event, the Jedi Order Bundle. This bundle is priced at $59.99 US dollars and includes:
    • Obi-Wan Kenobi (Old Ben) 4-Star
    • Jedi Knight Anakin 4-Star
    • 25 Qui-Gon Jinn shards
    • 25 Jedi Consular shards
    • 25 Jedi Knight Guardian shards
    • 30 3-Star Training Droids
    • 1,000,000 Credits
    • 40 Ability Material Mk I
    • 20 Ability Material Mk II
    • 10 Ability Material Mk III
  • 3 new achievements have been added to the game (and will be retroactively awarded to those who already meet the requirements):
    • Guild Raider: Finish 5 Raids
    • Guild Earner: Earn 5000 total Guild Currency
    • Guild Contributor: Contribute 10000 Guild Bank Currency
  • Pass the summer days with the 2 Day Double Drop Event! For July 6th and 7th, rewards will be doubled (excluding XP, Crystals and First time rewards) for all Cantina Battles!

Bugs
  • The Grandmaster's Training event has been reset to its initial value of each 2nd Thursday in a given month. This change is to return the event to its initial values, following the cancellation of the Force Champions events.
  • Fixed a bug where Talia's Water of Life ability does not drain health from the caster when this ability is a mission-specific ability
  • Fixed a bug where Luminara's Master Healer's Blessing is not healing the user's squad when used as a mission-specific ability
  • Fixed a bug where General Grievous’ lightsaber slightly ignites the air after performing his special ability on specific backgrounds
  • Fixed a bug where units with active foresight buff can dodge all extra attacks from Chief Chirpa's Tribal Unity ability
  • Kamino Landing Platform ground texture has been udpated
  • Messaging on the "Defeat" screen has been updated to be less repetitive
  • Fix an issue with hero descriptions being cut off in the "Borrow a Hero" screen
  • Fixed an issue with the Sim Tickets number overlapping the energy icon
  • IG-88's "Rapid Fire" ability block now retains the Ability Block icon for 2 turns
  • Fixed an issue with the Merit Token quantity overlapping the Close button
  • Fixed an issue with the cost for changing the player name not fitting in the Confirm button
  • Fixed an issue with the Training Droids and Ability materials being displayed in a higher brightness state
  • Fixed an issue in several localizations where text was being overlapped by badging in the Store

Hey everyone,

Just talked to the game team and updated the notes some with the following:

Pass the summer days with the 2 Day Double Drop Event! For July 6th and 7th, rewards will be doubled (excluding XP, Crystals and First time rewards) for all Cantina Battles! UPDATE: this event will now run for 48 from the time the update went live .

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52122/game-update-7-6-2016/p1?new=1

Please keep all comments in this thread civil and on topic :)
Post edited by J0K3R on

Replies

• Options
    I have heard a lot of talk about this Boriss character and I was just wondering which character he or she iswas because I could not find he or she in the character selection were you can see all the churches you have an characters you have not unlock.
  • Options
    Bariss Offee can only be found for purchase through data card packs. She's a Jedi in a long blue dress. She has very high hitpoints and a great team healing ability.
  • Options
    Actually though Bariss shard can be farm on dark side hard mission 5-E and 5-C, but its gonna take a month or 2 to collect all 80. i think the developer nerf the shard drop since global release because i only got 3 shard for the last 3 days.
  • Options
    Forgot all about those. I'm currently farming Anakin.
  • Options
    Don't think so, it's always been very low. Took me more than 2 months for 50 shards of Dokuu (still missing one last shard...)
  • Options
    Looking at the fundamental change made to GW I have to ask, is this still the Beta? Because I would think that as game developers they should have tried to reason out playing strategies during development, and then watched for any unintended overly effective strategies during the beta. That should be one of the goals of the beta, to identify areas that aren't playing as intended. So either this is still the beta or they are just realizing that their base players are much better gamers than they or their beta testers are.

And for those amongst us that like to use the people feel like they should be entitled to things argument, you really to get better logical arguments. People aren't complaining because they feel entitled to win, they are complaining because they feel entitled to fair treatment. What CG has done is the equivalent to a five year old throwing a tantrum. They have basically stated that the players were too good playing the way they set up the game, so they are changing the rules so we don't win as much. As someone who did spend money on this game and then allocated those limited paid for resources to be the most effective within the parameters the devs setup, to then have those parameters changed leaves me feeling cheated. Not that I had my entitlement taken away. I didn't always beat GW because I was still building my roster, but now a lot of those choices have been made into bad ones, even though I paid for some of them.
  • Options
    Nope not the beta
  • Options
    Yes, this is the beta. You can tell by the build number. It should be 1.0 or higher. Instead its 0.2 something.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    ottomaddux wrote: »
    Looking at the fundamental change made to GW I have to ask, is this still the Beta? Because I would think that as game developers they should have tried to reason out playing strategies during development, and then watched for any unintended overly effective strategies during the beta. That should be one of the goals of the beta, to identify areas that aren't playing as intended. So either this is still the beta or they are just realizing that their base players are much better gamers than they or their beta testers are.

And for those amongst us that like to use the people feel like they should be entitled to things argument, you really to get better logical arguments. People aren't complaining because they feel entitled to win, they are complaining because they feel entitled to fair treatment. What CG has done is the equivalent to a five year old throwing a tantrum. They have basically stated that the players were too good playing the way they set up the game, so they are changing the rules so we don't win as much. As someone who did spend money on this game and then allocated those limited paid for resources to be the most effective within the parameters the devs setup, to then have those parameters changed leaves me feeling cheated. Not that I had my entitlement taken away. I didn't always beat GW because I was still building my roster, but now a lot of those choices have been made into bad ones, even though I paid for some of them.

The change is necessary. Beta or not..every game changed after they think it is necessary.

*Retreat have been abuse by player (make challenge not as intense)
    *Force close the app - they need this fix aswell.

I think this update would balance the game since I getting 1200War Token from 12battles each time was piece of cake. Im sure alot of folks think that too. Atleast for me i won 23times consecutive from lv51-60.

You might not able to get 1200war token but 800 token is possible. That is equivalent to 30shards,

• Options
    [/quote]

You might not able to get 1200war token but 800 token is possible. That is equivalent to 30shards,

[/quote]

wow i want to play your version. in mine 800 tokens is only 10 shards
  • Options
    Song wrote: »

I think this update would balance the game since I getting 1200War Token from 12battles each time was piece of cake. Im sure alot of folks think that too. Atleast for me i won 23times consecutive from lv51-60.

Retreat was not being "abused" it was functioning exactly as they put it in. They just didn't expect that people would use it as effectively as they were.

Force close was the unintended function, they never intended people to force close to start over. So they took out the intended function and replaced it with the exploit.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

wow i want to play your version. in mine 800 tokens is only 10 shards

sorry was a long day at work. I see too much number on today.

lol i mean

1200war token = 15shards.
    800 war token = 10shards..
  • Options
    Yes, this is the beta. You can tell by the build number. It should be 1.0 or higher. Instead its 0.2 something.

I wondered that myself and I always felt this project got rushed just by the issues in the bugs thread like characters not working right and minor graphical issues. Those things are usually cleared up.

Reminds me of the Windows Vista release, no logo on boot, functions and tools not working, etc...
  • Options
    I think many mobile titles are rushed out the door. Go with what you have. Once money starts coming in, then add features and squash more bugs.
  • ThePedroKid
    368 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Song wrote: »

Retreat and Force Close are the same exact thing now.
    Is this a beta?

Yes.
    Post edited by ThePedroKid on
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse - it would be great if you could discuss future plans for the currencies in the various stores in the community update. Having farmed everyone in GW store, Cantina store, Squad Arena Store, and Grievous in Shard Shop, all of those currencies have been steadily building. Gear would be great and I would pay up for raid gear. Or add a toon with a similar cost structure to Grievous. It would be nice to hear there are plans for these currencies in the future other than more toons I already have. Thanks!
  • Fher
    188 posts Member
    Options
    +1
  • Options
    So that's why GW is working as intended!

Gone.
  • Amalthea
    691 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    2 day extra rewards that they announce at 9pm on the first day? Not cool.
  • Options
    Wow....Just wow is all I can say. C.R.E.A.M thanks for making Galatic war worse and for the sake of money smh. I'm out, have fun guys.
  • klath
    9 posts Member
    Options
    I just did my cantina battles right before this, bogus.
  • Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

+1
    You guys had a riot? On account o' me? My very own riot?
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    Options
    So you do a cantina event at the end of the day after most everyone has already used all their cantina energy? I'm pretty sure July 6th has past in some parts of the world so I guess everyone in Asia and Australia can feel good.

Also can someone clarify if he foresight fix applies to all assist called attacks? That's been a known bug since foresight was introduced. It's odd this was specific for tribal unity when it's always dodged all assist attacks (phasma, qui gon, GS, etc).
  • C3POwn
    507 posts Member
    Options
    Amalthea wrote: »

+1 and half the world is already waking up on the 2nd day
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options
    So....anyone but the gear data card?
  • Options
    Would have been nice to get some notice on the cantina event.... On HODA CG was never this bad at being transparent and letting us know of events and responding to issues. I know CG is busy, but some communication would go a long way to help the community.
  • Options
    Complain much? They don't have to give double rewards. Sorry giving you something extra that you weren't able to try and maximize the free stuff that was given to you is so upsetting.
  • Options
    this is very disapointing. i've already spent twice today on cantina. no gw change. crazy.
  • RogueHS
    148 posts Member
    Options
    Fixed a bug where General Grievous’ lightsaber slightly ignites the air after performing his special ability on specific backgrounds

This is the bug everyone was worried about. Thanks EA!
  • Joaquin
    41 posts Member
    Options
    Yeah, why wouldn't you announce this earlier?
    I swear I say to myself that you couldn't surprise me anymore, but you try really hard.