Game Update - 7/6/2016 - Comments- ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options
    Good to hear Jesse. Thanks for your assistance.
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    Options
    It will last for 48 hours after the update occurred, at least it should unless the notes get edited again...
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/52122/game-update-7-6-2016#latest
  • Options
    And GW @EA_Jesse any update on that by any chance?
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just talked to the game team and updated the notes some with the following:

Pass the summer days with the 2 Day Double Drop Event! For July 6th and 7th, rewards will be doubled (excluding XP, Crystals and First time rewards) for all Cantina Battles! UPDATE: this event will now run for 48 from the time the update went live

48 days?....months...years? cuz that's how much time I need to get all toons to 7* lol

• Bulldog1205
    3573 posts Member
    Options
    People will still be upset because they used their resets already on the 6th.
  • Ztyle
    1970 posts Member
    Options
    Angry_Bird wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Pass the summer days with the 2 Day Double Drop Event! For July 6th and 7th, rewards will be doubled (excluding XP, Crystals and First time rewards) for all Cantina Battles! UPDATE: this event will now run for 48 from the time the update went live

48 days?....months...years? cuz that's how much time I need to get all toons to 7* lol

No minutes :tongue:
    I'm Danish , Leader of the Space Slug Alliance , living the SlugLife , My collection
  • Eleazusthebold
    58 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think the gear packs arent too bad, especially if you are a struggling arena guy trying to move from gear 8 to gear 9. I bought all three packs and got 12 furnace salvage, 12 stun cuffs, and 12 mk 6 nubian design tech salvage as my most notable pieces. I may have gotten lucky but it felt like I just did some extra raids.
  • Poe_Dameron_BLK1
    205 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

+1 like me 4 minutes before the update went live; and instead of getting 8 shards I would've received 16. Which would have allowed me to 7* another character. Instead I'll try my luck again tomorrow and we all know how RNG/drop rates are
    Han Solo: No time to discuss this as a committee. Princess Leia: I am not a committee!
  • Kygo_Ren
    28 posts Member
    Options
    If you're going to make a completely greedy update - at least say what it will get us in return. IE:

"Hey everyone! Instead of implementing new content to actually earn items in game, here are some new options for you to spend real $$$! If we make $200,000+ from this promo then we'll be able to add a BRAND NEW two tiered event that provides minimal rewards (or action).

Who plays this game for content anyways, right?!

-EA "Hide yo kids, hide yo money, we rapin' everybody's bank account" Jesse"
  • ShadMula
    1 posts Member
    edited February 2020
    Options
    :/
    Post edited by ShadMula on
  • Options
    I was looking at the galactic gear pack, and I tapped a droid caller and "search", and suddenly it came up with a battle using cantina energy on something called a "Mod Table", with a level 50 gear 9 Geo soldier, what is this?
  • Options

Probably coming in the community update on Friday.
  • Options
    I'd appreciate it if they would look into the bonuses for AI. How is it Dooku ALWAYS gets the bonus hit, Sidious ALWAYS hits with the heal block, while Luminara and Old Ben are at 100% evasion when the get the +10% bonus to evasion?!?!

I've started counting the number of misses that happen to me and it's incredibly unbalanced. I've missed as many as 22 out of 25 attacks in one battle. HOW IS THAT EVEN CREDIBLE?!?!

Next update needs to address this as it is grossly out of whack. It seems to me when I have Luminara in the lead my goons still get hit EVERY turn, when Phasma is in the lead I NEVER an ally assist until 2 or more of my team members are down.

Come on guys. How do you miss these types of imbalances?
  • Options
    Please explain to me how if today is July 6 and the event will be running for 7 days it will be ending the 11th? Basic addition states 6+7=13, however, if we are counting what little is left of July 6th (the remaining 5 hours and 20 minutes PST) as a "day" than 7 days would still be July 12th.
  • PugVader
    438 posts Member
    Options

+1 like me 4 minutes before the update went live; and instead of getting 8 shards I would've received 16. Which would have allowed me to 7* another character. Instead I'll try my luck again tomorrow and we all know how RNG/drop rates are

If RNG was still on your side after this update :smile:
  • Options
    Please explain to me how if today is July 6 and the event will be running for 7 days it will be ending the 11th? Basic addition states 6+7=13, however, if we are counting what little is left of July 6th (the remaining 5 hours and 20 minutes) as a "day" than 7 days would still be July 12th.
  • Options
    Ztyle wrote: »
    Angry_Bird wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

No minutes :tongue:

You must be working for EA haha
  • Options
    Booo EA! BOOOO! Really starting to ruin a good game.
  • Options

Probably coming in the community update on Friday.

Probably right. But one can hope :)
  • Allenb60
    2171 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I was looking at the galactic gear pack, and I tapped a droid caller and "search", and suddenly it came up with a battle using cantina energy on something called a "Mod Table", with a level 50 gear 9 Geo soldier, what is this?

Ya, this looks like it needs to be patched out immediately whatever it is, don't touch it because it could lead to exploits like other updates have, thanks for the heads up
  • JRA
    336 posts Member
    Options
    Don't fall for it people. Don't spend. They can stuff this event, and every one from now until GW is fixed.
  • Options
    And with the update, so begins the race to get Vader to 7 stars.

May the biggest whale win!

I don't spend much, so that is definitely not me.
    BECAUSE I'M BATMAN - me
  • Options
    The whole shard shop raid gear fiasco has made your game even worse. Awesome job!
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options

I'd say disappointed: it would be better if it was announced earlier and we could plan, but not as upset as before.
    I already used my resets for the 7th (not even the 6th) and the 7th is still very long here, but at least I should be able to get the double prizes on the 8th and at the start of 9th if I'm fast enough
  • Options
    Allenb60 wrote: »

Ya, this looks like it needs to be patched out immediately, don't touch it because it could lead to exploits, thanks for the heads up

I just tried fighting it, it wont load. I waited good 5 mins.
  • RoBott
    30 posts Member
    Options
    This update may have created a bug in raids. Our T7 raid just ended at the start of P4.
  • SNAKEMAN
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Incase you were thinking about the gear pack here is the crap I got. I feel kinda robbed to be honest. Maybe if it was 3 different pieces I'd be ok with it.

sBLuZ0b.png
    IGN: RANKMAN
    Line: xSNAKEMAN
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    RoBott wrote: »
    This update may have created a bug in raids. Our T7 raid just ended at the start of P4.

Auto-abandon!
  • Options
    SNAKEMAN wrote: »
    Incase you were thinking about the gear pack here is the **** I got. I feel kinda robbed to be honest. Maybe if it was 3 different pieces I'd be ok with it.

sBLuZ0b.png

Don't ever buy their packs unless you are a whale. And now they don't have to with the shard shop having gear.
  • Options
    ShadMula wrote: »
    After this update the guild bank coins leader boards reset to 0. I maintained in the top 10 for lifetime coins accrued...Anybody else see this if so anybody else as perturbed as me?

Our guilds statistics were not reset.