Before saying GW has become too hard !

Replies

• Options
    KellJace wrote: »
    I'm arena lvl 36k, still can auto 90% of GW. All you need is a right team that's it) I really want to see how people play when they claim that GW is taking them more than 30min. If it takes that much time i'm not sure you are ready to clear GW fully or you should change your strat) It's a mod that have a basic requirement of a big roster. If all you have is team A and B and you can't beat it, then you need to get more toons. For people who are claiming that they can clear the GW but they feel like a chore, it's just your opinion. If you don't like it that's fine but for many people GW is the only fun gameplay they have in this game. Devs have all the stats. If they decided that current state of GW is fine, that means that they saw stats and they showed that enogh people clear GW daily. Best thing you can do to protest is not playing GW.

I can only agree with that. Since they have the stats they know full well how many ppl complete Gw daily and how much time we spent on it !
    Btw i said starting from 34000 it becomeschallenging so no wonder you clear it with 36-39k if you are well geared with some proper troops!
  • Options
    Arijit wrote: »
    @StupidPadawan You might be having lots of free time in your life, but we have a life outside SWGOH and we do not want to spend all our free time in its never-ending grind.

P.S. "Saving Sim tickets" - seriously!!

Fyi i play 1h-1h30 daily if you stick all pieces of times spent on the game
    GW takes 30min the rest is 50mns for arena/challenges and some LS DS Cantina missions and Raid takes 10-15mins and voila my dailies all cleared rewards all claimed no more energy left until next day
  • Options
    I believe GW difficulty is based on how much money you invest. Invest more, get easier teams. Invest less (as I have done lately) and get more difficult teams. Think about it.
  • Gynn
    26 posts Member
    Options
    I agree GW is hard for new F2P players as it will give you opponents way above your level and gear level. Once max level and get a deeper bench then you will fare better.
  • Options
    But, but , but ......
    Arena gives out those sweet sweet crystals that otherwise you need to open your wallet and $$$$$
    So bad advice
    Get in arena , make sure to get that top 5 payout everyday. Those crystals are worth more than the last node or two of GW that you are may or may not complete because your arena team is too powerful
  • Options
    Optimus11 wrote: »
    But, but , but ......
    Arena gives out those sweet sweet crystals that otherwise you need to open your wallet and $$$$$
    So bad advice
    Get in arena , make sure to get that top 5 payout everyday. Those crystals are worth more than the last node or two of GW that you are may or may not complete because your arena team is too powerful

Agree with you either pick arena and cristals or gw and credits, no greed
  • uffdan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    But, but , but ......
    So bad advice

I don't know that "get top 5 arena payout" is really viable advice since y'know.. 5 spots..? 99.999% of players on the server can't do that simply on logistics
  • Options
    uffdan wrote: »
    But, but , but ......
    So bad advice

I don't know that "get top 5 arena payout" is really viable advice since y'know.. 5 spots..? 99.999% of players on the server can't do that simply on logistics

Wrong !
    There is a payout every hour. People from all over try to payout at different times. I know that on my payout time only 3-4 people seriously want 5 top spots. All 3-4,of us always end up top 5 nobody else is moving up or down meaning they don't care about that payout
    I get 4th spot I can sit there 3 hours before payout will not get moved. If I want 1st I need to battle it out and play the sniping game
  • J0K3R
    2286 posts Member
    Options
    But, but , but ......
    So bad advice

Wrong !
    There is a payout every hour. People from all over try to payout at different times. I know that on my payout time only 3-4 people seriously want 5 top spots. All 3-4,of us always end up top 5 nobody else is moving up or down meaning they don't care about that payout
    I get 4th spot I can sit there 3 hours before payout will not get moved. If I want 1st I need to battle it out and play the sniping game

Dont assume every leaderboard is the same
    May the force be with you. It shall free you.
  • uffdan
    49 posts Member
    Options
    But, but , but ......
    So bad advice

Wrong !

oh you're right, I just wasn't trying to land a top spot when I used my 5 daily arena fights. I'll drop from 30 to 80 around payout time.
  • Zahreem
    122 posts Member
    Options
    milkacak wrote: »
    Wow, you really deserve your name, don't you?

+1
  • Options
    KellJace wrote: »
    I'm arena lvl 36k, still can auto 90% of GW. All you need is a right team that's it) I really want to see how people play when they claim that GW is taking them more than 30min. If it takes that much time i'm not sure you are ready to clear GW fully or you should change your strat) It's a mod that have a basic requirement of a big roster. If all you have is team A and B and you can't beat it, then you need to get more toons. For people who are claiming that they can clear the GW but they feel like a chore, it's just your opinion. If you don't like it that's fine but for many people GW is the only fun gameplay they have in this game. Devs have all the stats. If they decided that current state of GW is fine, that means that they saw stats and they showed that enogh people clear GW daily. Best thing you can do to protest is not playing GW.
    Arijit wrote: »
    @StupidPadawan You might be having lots of free time in your life, but we have a life outside SWGOH and we do not want to spend all our free time in its never-ending grind.

P.S. "Saving Sim tickets" - seriously!!

Fyi i play 1h-1h30 daily if you stick all pieces of times spent on the game
    You can't serious expect the majority of players to play as much as you. It's a mobile game. You're not their target demographic.

If you have an 1h every day to dump into videogame, get a console/PC. Spending that much time on a mobile app sounds rather, um, pathetic.
  • Options
    For the record, while I can*usually* finish gw post-patch, I had a run where my last node was a 39k power, almost fully omega'd meta team. It was not the meta team of the run.

My arena team is 32k power.

Some of your assumptions are not universal truths.
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    GW teams are determined by your top 5 characters and the gear they have, when totaled up they are then presented to you in node 12 in GW with about 4k to 5k power added on. I made a post about this today with information over 5 different accounts but then it got removed. Its not about player level or arena ranking, its your top toons with there gear thats it. So with that being said, how are you supposed to progress in the game gearing up your characters when all it does it make GW harder? strange thinking,
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    Karfax wrote: »
    ... how are you supposed to progress in the game gearing up your characters when all it does it make GW harder? strange thinking,

Deep roster. To beat the last nodes of GW you will need lots of toons of equal power and level, not just a few select "star players" .
  • Karfax
    286 posts Member
    Options
    Fair enough
    *** So be it... Jedi ***
  • Options
    ... how are you supposed to progress in the game gearing up your characters when all it does it make GW harder? strange thinking,

Deep roster. To beat the last nodes of GW you will need lots of toons of equal power and level, not just a few select "star players" .
    1. You literally cannot get toons of "equal power". At lv80 you fight exclusively G10+ toons. How many of us can have a full team of those?
    2. It's a vicious cycle. If you can't win GW every day you don't have the money to expand your roster. You'll get stuck with a shallow pool.
  • Darling_Ventress
    376 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

1. You literally cannot get toons of "equal power". At lv80 you fight exclusively G10+ toons. How many of us can have a full team of those?
    2. It's a vicious cycle. If you can't win GW every day you don't have the money to expand your roster. You'll get stuck with a shallow pool.

Sorry, I don't mean "equal" to the opponent, but equal to your own top characters. You can't keep power concentrated in a few select places. You need to spread it evenly, yet keep it as high as you can.
    I just fought a node 12 opponent against which I had to use 3 full teams and a suicide team to break down. It took a full team just to reduce one toon to killing range. The problem was a lvl 78 6* gear 9 RG. My team was level 69. Yes I had dispellers, but they kept getting knocked off by a nasty Luke with 2x crit or whatever it is.
    The next 2 teams had to take out one guy at a time. That requires lots of toons that have the strength to take a beating and last long enough to do some damage.
  • Options

Sorry, I don't mean "equal" to the opponent, but equal to your own top characters. You can't keep power concentrated in a few select places. You need to spread it evenly, yet keep it as high as you can.
    I just fought a node 12 opponent against which I had to use 3 full teams and a suicide team to break down. It took a full team just to reduce one toon to killing range. The problem was a lvl 78 6* gear 9 RG. My team was level 69. Yes I had dispellers, but they kept getting knocked off by a nasty Luke with 2x crit or whatever it is.
    The next 2 teams had to take out one guy at a time. That requires lots of toons that have the strength to take a beating and last long enough to do some damage.

"equal to top characters" but almost have only one decent team and you fight against 3 or 4 top players in GW.

If you can win GW you cant up another team...
    Commander of Latin Force - I always fight Back
  • DarthHernia
    200 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

I'm gonna ignore your opinion for now. Come back when you've gotten to lv80 and fight G11s daily. Then we'll talk.

Why do ppl feel the need to comment on things they turn out to have no right commenting?
  • Options

Lmao
  • Options

And using that many toons also requires vast amounts of time, time many of us don't have to play a mobile game
  • Paxus
    60 posts Member
    Options
    I complete GW every day but hate it. I am tired of the "challenge" they cook up that doesn't come with appropriately increased rewards. Their system is still based on level 60 needs and desperately needs to be fixed.

Just because I breeze through doesn't mean I can't also be on the side of fixing the hot mess that is GW.
  • JulenGales
    82 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I don't want to have to spend an hour each day to beat GW. I hate the time that is now required to be invested. More and more and more time...I don't have all day every day to play. We're not all "gamers" and only play this game and do nothing else with our lives. I want to play it and I play often but just don't want to have to drone through the immense burden that GW has become. I have plenty of toons to beat it and that isn't the issue. But it is just boring, it's not "funner" stupid padawan it's that I have a life other than this and don't want a mobile game to take this long. If I knew I would have had to spend this amount of time playing at this stage, I wouldn't have invested so much into it (thousands). The devs just keep making it more and more intense when the "fun" should be in shorter challenges that can be completed quickly. That is a mobile game. Want something more, those things are out there but this is not the venue for it. I mean my freggin phone battery dies almost every day now thanks to this game!
  • Options
    Not sure what the fuss is about, really. I clear GW every day with one team (Teebo lead, Phasma, Rey, EE and Chirpa) and only have to substitute in for nodes 10-11. Node 12 is a joke but even if they threw in an arena deathsquad I am pretty sure I could beat it with my reserves.

Arena power is 38,648 so I don't think I am having an easy time of things, but man does my team get the job done. I agree with the dev comment that GW is supposed to be hard. Looking forward to the boost in credit rewards so my 20 minutes of daily GW time is even more worthwhile.

Dolphin that was F2P until last month when I needed some crystal infusions to purchase some critical gear.
  • Options
    Javel1na wrote: »
    I believe GW difficulty is based on how much money you invest. Invest more, get easier teams. Invest less (as I have done lately) and get more difficult teams. Think about it.

disagree.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    im lvl 71 and today i had a full gear9/10 lvl80 enemy team on node 12..
    im full gearlvl 8 (thats max at that lvl, you cant get higher..) ...and there is no way you can beat a g9/10 lvl80 team..its not hard or a challenge..its just dumb.
    if you really think thats fair or that game needs that...you really deserve your name.

Level 71 rookie thinks he can barge in here and start insulting??? In my eyes you are the S****d Padawan

To the Op you have a resonable point and to all the critics if you don't like GW don't do it. It's not obligated I for one don't do it EVERY day and have 7M credits to spare once you are maxed in arena you can afford any side project you want as long as you go one toon at a time which means your deep bench will take you past GW. Im am #1 in arena MOST days not everyday and I have yet to fail a GW attempt I can't get all the way past it with just my A squad anymore but my Rebels and Jedi are there to clean up the trash
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Tarugo91 wrote: »
    The rewards in GW is the problem. In any game, any existing event should be easier if you level up . To keep it challenging an new level of the event with commensurate rewards should be available for the higher level player. In this case, GW became more challenging as your level goes higher but the reward stays the same.

I do Agee with everyone saying this
    For level 80 players the rewards should have scaled by now. It makes no sence to keep making a aspect of the game increasingly difficult without a proper reward so yes they really need to buff the rewards to make the time spent more worth it
  • Nodoon
    112 posts Member
    Options
    Not sure what the fuss is about, really. I clear GW every day with one team (Teebo lead, Phasma, Rey, EE and Chirpa) and only have to substitute in for nodes 10-11. Node 12 is a joke but even if they threw in an arena deathsquad I am pretty sure I could beat it with my reserves.

Arena power is 38,648 so I don't think I am having an easy time of things, but man does my team get the job done. I agree with the dev comment that GW is supposed to be hard. Looking forward to the boost in credit rewards so my 20 minutes of daily GW time is even more worthwhile.

Dolphin that was F2P until last month when I needed some crystal infusions to purchase some critical gear.

You are getting an easy time, until they update it again anyway. It has been shown that if your arena team is high enough you will not get the hard fights on node 12 for sure, and with how high yours is, probably not on node 11. They used a broken formula.
  • Zazoo
    8 posts Member
    Options

if you are below 34 000 and loose GW you are really a bad player
    if you don't and keep loosing GW then use your brain

So you are saying I must go back to spending an hour or so EVERY DAY on GW....
    Wow you a clever one.