Where were all the people saying they liked the old mods yesterday?

Prev13
This is just silly. You guys literally complain about something until they rush out a fix and change it. And then half of you start saying you want the old mods back smh no wonder the devs are probably going craZy

Replies

• Options
    I like how they are now.
  • Options
    I like how they are now.

+1
  • Options
    No, people are saying they want refunds. The original mods were awful
  • Options
    Captainrrl wrote: »
    No, people are saying they want refunds. The original mods were awful
    read a few threads there's multiple people saying they want the old mods back there's even a few threads on it.

• Options
    What are you crying about? These new mods are great. Maybe if you whined about how people want MORE on top of this you have a point, but a lot of people think this is a step in the right direction
  • Dgreaser
    218 posts Member
    Options
    Way better balanced with percentages than straight out stat boosts.
  • Options
    I like how they are now.
    I like how they are now.
    It's just less of a sticker shock now people would have relied the old mods were fine if they were pataint. There's less custamosation now.
    The new mods are alright but personally I thought the old ones were fine
  • Options
    Old mods can't be defended. Kinda cool at times, but to drastic.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    people who are happy are much less likely to take the time to say anything. You'll almost always hear from dissatisfied customers, but happy customers rarely say much.

I am personally pretty happy with the current state of mods, even having spend 12m credits on them. While I think some form of rebate is in order after the massive alteration made to what we paid for, I feel like the current mods numbers are much healthier for the game overall.
  • Options
    Dro1dm0de wrote: »
    What are you crying about? These new mods are great. Maybe if you whined about how people want MORE on top of this you have a point, but a lot of people think this is a step in the right direction
    not saying it isn't I just find it humorous that once it rolled out people want the old ones back.

• Options
    Mods obliterated the game the way they were. No question. People who've invested heavily were QQ'ing. They are happy now. There are a lot of people who put significant investment into the mods with the way they were. They need to compensate those people by giving their investment (or a very large portion of it) back. Those people have the same right to be angry and should pursue whatever they feel is necessary to be made whole.
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    Mods obliterated the game the way they were. No question. People who've invested heavily were QQ'ing. They are happy now. There are a lot of people who put significant investment into the mods with the way they were. They need to compensate those people by giving their investment (or a very large portion of it) back. Those people have the same right to be angry and should pursue whatever they feel is necessary to be made whole.

I love you man
  • Options
    Dgreaser wrote: »
    Way better balanced with percentages than straight out stat boosts.
    Yes and no. There's no real custamosation now you can't really boost parts of toons that were flawed like the old ones. Doesn't really matter to me though both updates are alright
  • Options
    Enjoying ourselves in the game for the first time in a while instead of here.
  • Nicol_Bolas
    375 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I like the old mods, but I also like the new ones.

What I didn't like was the nerf in mod drop rate, the increase in mod leveling cost, and the disappointing increase in GW rewards.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    I agree. I didn't mind old mods. I don't mind new ones. I don't understand why anyone wants refunds though. New mods are still worth the credits.

Old mods were screwy for only one reason... that is u needed them. Right now. Drop everything and get mods. So if some people felt compelled to buy credits to level mods, I can see where they should get a refund. They are still going to buy those mods, but maybe they would have kept their wallets closed and obtained them the same as everyone else. A little at a time. With free credits that the game gives. Like for free. Otoh, I find it funny that people pay money to get ahead and then now they don't want their Edge anymore.

That huge edge was going to be history in a few days anyway u cut it. Getting mods wasn't a secret exploit that was going to propel u to the top, lol.
  • Options
    HokieFiend wrote: »
    They really didn't though within a week things would have stabilized.
    The other part of your post ( as right as it may be) doesn't really have much to do with my complaint though. I'm not bashing on the people who think they deserve a refund or compensation( I myself spent a little bit to get ahead so I wouldn't be opposed to the idea) Just the people who suddenly showed up wanting the old mods back.
  • Options
    The were OP before they are probably still OP, but they shouldn't swap out a +offense % mod for a +accuracy % mod. Nerf it fine completely swap to a stat I don't want is wrong.
  • Options
    The were OP before they are probably still OP, but they shouldn't swap out a +offense % mod for a +accuracy % mod. Nerf it fine completely swap to a stat I don't want is wrong.
    intresting, none of mine saw a change in the type of stat just a flat percent change to the ones with flat stats

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    The way they did it is why people are mad. If they had rolled out today's update first instead of the OP mods, it likely would have been more welcomed.

But since people invested huge amounts, and I do mean huge, to get as many OP mods as possible the past couple days only to have them reduced to almost nothing in comparison, they are rightfully mad.

Personally, as a FTP player, I spent my saved crystals on the 100, 200, and 400 cantina refreshes until the update today, when I only deemed one 100 refresh worth the cost, that's 600 crystals for 3 days that I would have saved if they had given us the current mods first. Also, since gear is somewhat useful again, I wish I could go back and use those wasted 1800 crystals to buy something more meaningful.

And don't get me started on the nerfed drop rate. It's bad enough that the mods got nerfed, but now you probably won't even get a nerfed mod.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I think most people mods stayed the same. Only a few people have had the primary stats changed. All mine are essentially the same. I didn't write down every secondary stats, but the ones I remember are also still unchanged.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I think most people mods stayed the same. Only a few people have had the primary stats changed.
    No sir they were changed drastically across the board my 47% offense went done to like 7% i believe and that's just naming one
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I think most people mods stayed the same. Only a few people have had the primary stats changed. All mine are essentially the same. I didn't write down every secondary stats, but the ones I remember are also still unchanged.

+48% offense on a t6 mod is not nearly the same as +5.66% offense which it is now. Drastically different. Secondary stats sure, but primary stats got nerfed HARD.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Yes, all my offense 47% changed to offense 5.88%. But I mean it is still offense up..

And 6080 health changed to health % etc. But the primary stats are otherwise same. They didn't change offense up to accuracy. I have seen a couple people complain of that. And it seems to be a tiny minority.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    In any case, I would not have paid crystals for refreshes if the current mods were the originals. It's a slight increase but not enough that if you don't do it you'll fall entirely behind.
  • Options
    This is just silly. You guys literally complain about something until they rush out a fix and change it. And then half of you start saying you want the old mods back smh no wonder the devs are probably going craZy

Because they didn't fix the issues people had with the mods. they just changed them to something worse.
  • Options
    medetec wrote: »
    While I think some form of rebate is in order after the massive alteration made to what we paid for, I feel like the current mods numbers are much healthier for the game overall.

I agree with this statement in particular. When the mods first came out, I felt like it was a mad scramble to pay for mods to stay as a viable player. Now, the change isn't so drastic that strategy can't help overcome it.

• JonVaper
    739 posts Member
    Options
    anyone know what the speed primary ones got nerfed to
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    McDorkus wrote: »
    medetec wrote: »
    While I think some form of rebate is in order after the massive alteration made to what we paid for, I feel like the current mods numbers are much healthier for the game overall.

I agree with this statement in particular. When the mods first came out, I felt like it was a mad scramble to pay for mods to stay as a viable player. Now, the change isn't so drastic that strategy can't help overcome it.

Exactly. I would have saved an extra 600 crystals a day not doing 2 and 3 refreshes for 3 days. I would like those crystals back because this change is not nearly as drastic and game changing. Before, if you didn't have full t5 mods, you dropped from top 10 to top 200 overnight.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I disagree. I thought at most it would take a week to stay competetive as a player. Obtaining mods for free. I don't see how 4 or 5 days of not having mods would have ruined anyone's gaming experience. I don't see how a few days of "I am always top 5 arena, and today i was 28!" Would have ruined anyones game. Especially anyone playing for months.