Where were all the people saying they liked the old mods yesterday?

13Next

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Are not ur speed and offense mods still rare? They are. And speed in particular are now among the best ones, still being ridiculous. They also said at the same time they announced the drop rate and price hike nerfs that they were going to retroactively change the mods.

U have played this game for how long. And u didn't think EA could possibly bend u over and screw u on this? And still as insaid, ur mods are still good. And u still got them relatively cheap, considering the leveling cost and drop rate. I presume u only leveled the good ones. And they are still Good. I would say u done good but u want to keep ur rare mods and get a refund?

Can't get a refund I've spent no money. Other than that, I'm done trying to tell you why people decide to spend crystals on items in this game. It was an advantage, so we saw that and played the advantage only to have that advantage be wrongfully takes away after our initial investments. We've never seen this type of behavior in this game before and it's just sickening right now.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Captainrrl wrote: »
    No, people are saying they want refunds. The original mods were awful

How so? They were free and dropped 100%. Nothing was stopping you from modding up, say, your key arena team members and making them just as powerful as the teams people were whining and saying "they hit me so hard, I wanna cry....whaaah!"
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I spent to get an advantage too. And I got it. I spent enough to finish my GW. And tonadvance/maintain my arena rank. And that didn't take much. I am still waiting to hear how u want to give back all ur speed mods for some measly credits and crystals which u will use to recollect these at one third the drop rate and twice the leveling cost. Because now mods are only 3x as good as raid gear instead of 30x.

.... or maybe u just wanted to get some free stuff by whining.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    In any case, I would not have paid crystals for refreshes if the current mods were the originals. It's a slight increase but not enough that if you don't do it you'll fall entirely behind.

This is exactly how i feel about it. More than 10m and 3k crystals down the drain. :|
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Alexone wrote: »
    benacrow wrote: »
    In any case, I would not have paid crystals for refreshes if the current mods were the originals. It's a slight increase but not enough that if you don't do it you'll fall entirely behind.

This is exactly how i feel about it. More than 10m and 3k crystals down the drain. :|

Exactly. Totally got cheated and scammed here.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    I wish I had done more refreshes and I have a few mods I wished I had leveled when I had the chance. But I hedged my bet and saved over half my crystals and credits. Who knew that drop rate greater than shards would be 0.5% greater? Who knew that fewer lucky upgrades would mean twice the leveling cost?

Mods are still gamechanging. Completely required for arena. And as far as we know completely required still for GW. If only I had spent a little MORE.
  • Divona
    117 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Even if old mods were bit too powerful especially T6-T7 stats then current ones make no sence at all. They give like 1-2% lower tier mods making them pointless credit sink. Character gear level can make your mod like its nothing. Those +4 and +2 set bonuses are now laughable. I mean take a look speed bonus +4 or potency now? You would be really stupid to use them now. Or crit chance adding so little.

The good thing is that no more money (crystals) needed to spend leveling mods. They give so little so you wont miss out much like less than 5% when fully equipped.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I wish I had done more refreshes and I have a few mods I wished I had leveled when I had the chance. But I hedged my bet and saved over half my crystals and credits. Who knew that drop rate greater than shards would be 0.5% greater? Who knew that fewer lucky upgrades would mean twice the leveling cost?

Mods are still gamechanging. Completely required for arena. And as far as we know completely required still for GW. If only I had spent a little MORE.

With these numbers, they really aren't.
  • Options
    I adjusted my mods to take on other's crazy stats. It was impossible for F2P though so I understand changing the mods...HOWEVER I spent a lot of money on something that is basically obsolete. There's no way in heck I'd ever have spent crystals on upgrading the now ridiculously low mods. So I would've have spent money getting those crystals.

I want a refund. That's all. It's not a tiny adjustment. I bought a false product.
  • Options
    This is just silly. You guys literally complain about something until they rush out a fix and change it. And then half of you start saying you want the old mods back smh no wonder the devs are probably going craZy

They were playing the game probably and not posting.

Today all the drastic changes were noticable though, so it caused a reaction.
  • Options
    I was here praising the old mods. I felt lonely.
  • Options
    I was here praising the old mods. I felt lonely.

I am also an "Old Mod-praiser" :smile:
  • Lexe0815
    5 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Mod Praiser to until yesterday. Today everything about Mods is ****... Stupid change of this update... Mods are now no more worth anything! Only EA has won - much credits AND crystals from my Account... Spent in order to get nothing... Very awesome EA - thanks a lot for nothing... Feelin very sad!
  • Options
    I was so happy with mods when they first came out. I immediately thought of all the possibilities it opened up for practically every single character in the game. With so much customization and so much raw power placed directly in our hands anyone could make practically any character they liked great in any way they wanted, regardless if that same character has been considered viable or not before.

I couldnt believe that they had the giant balls it took to give us so much control, but i was more excited then ive ever been about the game. People were complaining sure. Some (lots of?) people didnt like it, but nobody liked protection when it was first introduced either. Now its the standard, and mods would have gotten to that same point eventually.

The only real problem i saw with the mods is it overshadowed level and gear necessity, but ima be honest, for months and months the only thing that has mattered has been gear. Gear gear gear. I was ecstatic that finally farming gear wasnt practically the only objective. I was getting real tired of looking at all my characters being useless because i need a raid gear piece, along with the fact that 80% of them all need furnaces.

In the end, imo, old mods were play your way. Build how you want. Make any strategy. Use any character you love instead of just the meta. Make all your own decisions. Its what ive been dreaming of since i played this game; the chance to make my characters unique from others. Now that everything is percentage based, its a waste to do much besides hp and protection on tanks and dmg on carrys. Goodby customization. It was fun for the entire 1 day you were here. Now its back to the same grind of every character needing the same stuff as everyone else.

Finally, how am i suppose to be satisfied with my characters now that they feel weak? They were gods and i got a taste of it and now they feel like wet noodles -_-
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Old mods new mods. I don't care. Old mods were a necessity to stay competitive. So some of us invested heavily. They they change them but leave our coin where they say we put it and now we have to deal with it.....that's not how it should work.

I only want the old ones back if my coin stays where it is. If they want to leave the new ones then remove all refund just coin and let everyone choose how to develop knowing thats what they are spending it on.

I had mods change primary stat, not just decrease....this not what I invested in. So I don't want them to change but if they are then please let me invest how I want not how I did with a different system.
  • Options
    I personally like the old mods. Do I think they maybe should have slowly introduced them? Yes. But I liked being able to to use a non meta team and be top 3, with out much fear of losing many spots. Now it is back to the old way previous mods, where if I don't use a meta team my rank drops drastically overnight.

Personally I could care less about GW being harder with old mods. I never had a problem with finishing it. I figured out early on that the point of GW was to try and use different teams and character placements. You can not auto attack through the whole GW.

Just my opinion.