Where were all the people saying they liked the old mods yesterday?

Replies

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    I disagree. I thought at most it would take a week to stay competetive as a player. Obtaining mods for free. I don't see how 4 or 5 days of not having mods would have ruined anyone's gaming experience. I don't see how a few days of "I am always top 5 arena, and today i was 28!" Would have ruined anyones game. Especially anyone playing for months.

I can see what you mean, but if you got knocked back, you couldn't beat other teams again because they were simply too powerful. Then each day you didn't have mods you lost out on top 5 rewards and got top 100 rewards instead. Very different crystal income, esp for FTP players.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • ZurinFet
    261 posts Member
    Options
    This is just silly. You guys literally complain about something until they rush out a fix and change it. And then half of you start saying you want the old mods back smh no wonder the devs are probably going craZy

I'm here.. old mods > this pseudo progression. It's meaningless.
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    I disagree. I thought at most it would take a week to stay competetive as a player. Obtaining mods for free. I don't see how 4 or 5 days of not having mods would have ruined anyone's gaming experience. I don't see how a few days of "I am always top 5 arena, and today i was 28!" Would have ruined anyones game. Especially anyone playing for months.

I can see what you mean, but if you got knocked back, you couldn't beat other teams again because they were simply too powerful. Then each day you didn't have mods you lost out on top 5 rewards and got top 100 rewards instead. Very different crystal income, esp for FTP players.

The first three days I cleared every single mod battle node and stacked up 25-30 rank five mods. Anyone with a couple hundred crystals could have done the same. FTP was on even footing from day one unless they were 100% broke the day of the update.

And to OP, I was here, telling people to give mods a chance.

• benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    hhooo wrote: »

The first three days I cleared every single mod battle node and stacked up 25-30 rank five mods. Anyone with a couple hundred crystals could have done the same. FTP was on even footing from day one unless they were 100% broke the day of the update.

Personally, I feel scammed out of 600 crystals for 3 days wasted on refreshes to get the most/best mods since they were OP. Now they're meh, and I would. It think about spending more than 100 on refreshes.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • hhooo
    656 posts Member
    Options

Personally, I feel scammed out of 600 crystals for 3 days wasted on refreshes to get the most/best mods since they were OP. Now they're meh, and I would. It think about spending more than 100 on refreshes.

Yep, no way I was going to spend a 400 refresh on current mods. I normally only do the 100. This whole update sucks.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

Yep, no way I was going to spend a 400 refresh on current mods. I normally only do the 100. This whole update sucks.

Yeah I felt like I had to since I'm usually top 3 in arena where the top 20 can all be top 3, so to stay competitive I needed as many mods as possible and fast. Now, I could get away with the occasional mods with one daily refresh.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options

5 days tops. Big whoop. In the grand scheme, this is nothing.

Personally, I spent a whopping 200 crystal refresh. Twice. Because I had the crystals to burn. And I went up an arena bracket.

On a competetive server maybe u would a dropped 5 tiers if u didn't spend 1600 crystal refreshes..... but how u gonna make 1600 crystals in arena with a few days worth of advantage? Admit it.... these spenders were going to have buyers remorse anyway. In 3 days when the same teams they couldn't beat are back..m and they still can't beat them.... they would have realized they overpaid.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

5 days tops. Big whoop. In the grand scheme, this is nothing.

Personally, I spent a whopping 200 crystal refresh. Twice. Because I had the crystals to burn. And I went up an arena bracket.

On a competetive server maybe u would a dropped 5 tiers if u didn't spend 1600 crystal refreshes..... but how u gonna make 1600 crystals in arena with a few days worth of advantage? Admit it.... these spenders were going to have buyers remorse anyway. In 3 days when the same teams they couldn't beat are back..m and they still can't beat them.... they would have realized they overpaid.

Well I used all of my saved crystals that was originally intended for gear to get these OP mods. Now that those got nerfed and gear has meaning again, I have no crystals for gear and a bunch of meh mods to show for it. I feel scammed out of crystals and that's all I'm trying to say.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    Options
    Frankly, anyone that leveled mods before the price hike should still be happy as clams. Ur gonna still need every one of those mods.
  • Options
    Frankly, anyone that leveled mods before the price hike should still be happy as clams. Ur gonna still need every one of those mods.

Good point. Still a **** move
  • Options
    People were quitting the game in droves after they saw these mods the 1st time and they were justified in doing so. They made the past investment in gear pointless since mods completely outweighed the benefit of gear. So now you had to invest even more time farming mods to stay relevant especially if you weren't willing to spend since there was no way to compete without a fully modded team. People weren't willing to wait weeks to catch up so they complained or quit which is understandable in my opinion.

If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    People were quitting the game in droves after they saw these mods the 1st time and they were justified in doing so. They made the past investment in gear pointless since mods completely outweighed the benefit of gear. So now you had to invest even more time farming mods to stay relevant especially if you weren't willing to spend since there was no way to compete without a fully modded team. People weren't willing to wait weeks to catch up so they complained or quit which is understandable in my opinion.

Point
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Anyone who invested months and hundreds or thousands of dollars, then couldn't handle a week of turmoil until they could uh, get the exact same mods as the, err... precrafter 2.0ers.... well I don't even know what to say to that. It doesn't make sense.

Mods never erased previous "hard work." And it is not like it would take any time at all to have all the farmable ones.... and these uber players would have been the first to get the higher level ones...

And then in one week, guess where they are? Back on top. Whale status preserved.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    For you it was only 600. For me I refreshed to 1600 for 3 days and spent the rest of a vault on credits.

I did this because they were such a game changer.

I would not have done that if these wet noodles had been presented on day 1. I don't really care what they look like but I'd like my money from the last 3 days back so I can go back to farming shards and gear.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    Kurgen wrote: »
    For you it was only 600. For me I refreshed to 1600 for 3 days and spent the rest of a vault on credits.

I would not have done that if these wet noodles had been presented on day 1. I don't really care what they look like but I'd like my money from the last 3 days back so I can go back to farming shards and gear.

Exactly. We were cheated out of an investment that seemed to be worth the crystals we paid. Yours is much worse for sure, and I hope you can get those crystals back.

In no means is it the same as months of farming, but still having these mods seemed like a game changer and was worth the investment, only for them to be worth hardly any investment at all.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options

1600 for three days... wowsers. Well considering u have gotten mods on every drop, at least the first two days, that is really only 500 per refresh, essentially. So still not that bad.
    And If u leveled them while it was only 250k per mod, that is good!

But even if mods stayed the same I don't see how ur impatient investment would have paid off... compared to collecting the mods over several days. As far as the cantina refresh goes.... but the credits u saved on leveling.. I think maybe u came out ahead. Really.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

1600 for three days... wowsers. Well considering u have gotten mods on every drop, that is really only 500 per refresh, essentially. So still not that bad.

But even if mods stayed the same I don't see how ur impatient investment would have paid off... compared to collecting the mods over several days.

Just because you don't see the worth in spending crystals doesn't mean you should belittle those who do.

As the saying goes, opinions are like arseholes; everyone's got one and everybody thinks everybody else's stinks.

Our opinion is that we paid crystals for a false investment and feel cheated.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options

1600 for three days... wowsers. Well considering u have gotten mods on every drop, at least the first two days, that is really only 500 per refresh, essentially. So still not that bad.
    And If u leveled them while it was only 250k per mod, that is good!

But even if mods stayed the same I don't see how ur impatient investment would have paid off... compared to collecting the mods over several days. As far as the cantina refresh goes.... but the credits u saved on leveling.. I think maybe u came out ahead. Really.

I'll excuse your ignorance.

The mods were game changing and they were nerfing the drop rate. So.... I did what everyone with half a brain did and stocked up.

If they were the wet noodles they have been nerfed to I certainly wouldn't have refreshed as much.

If they had stayed the same I would have been way ahead in terms of having 100% drop rate..... Now not so much.

But thanks for your well thought out reply.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I said I loved them. I did love them. I left the game as a 5 digit spender because of todays actions.

I'm sorry to hear that for sure. If I had invested that much, I would surely have quit as well seeing how they don't know how to make a decision. Did you at least get some refunded?
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    you can look back i said i liked the mods the way they were, the day they came out and got everyone spitting on me for it. and i still stand by that today, they were great, now there ****.

Yeah they're hardly worth an investment now. At least before, we could actually change up toons. Now we just enhance current ones and we're back to the same meta stuff as usual.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So u did 3 1600 refreshes. Meaning u did at least the first one even before they announced the decreased drop rate? Meaning u thought the drop rate was 100 %, and u still thought it was a good idea to pay 1600 to have mods a few days sooner than your competition... like that would ever have paid off. Did u discover a mod that increased arena payouts too?

And they are still worth way more than the cost to level them and are still a gamechanger..

So why would u want to give em all back? Like u said, they nerfed the drop rate.

So what I hear is..

I want all my crystals and credits back. I want all my mods rolled.back to level one.

But I want to keep all my mods.... ok.

U gambled. U lost*. And now u want to turn it back to zero... except keep all your mods that dropped 100%.

This is just trying to get something for nothing. More free shards, gems, xredits. Same boring whine all the time.

*not really. U would have to spend over 3 times as much cantina energy to get those mods... so what did u really lose?
  • SamoBudo
    223 posts Member
    Options
    Mods are good now this is how it should have been.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    I said I loved them. I did love them. I left the game as a 5 digit spender because of todays actions.

I'm sorry to hear that for sure. If I had invested that much, I would surely have quit as well seeing how they don't know how to make a decision. Did you at least get some refunded?

Given the bait and switch evidence I have and the lawyer in the family I asked about this my bank will refund me fully. Worked out good she is my cousins wife and we were out for beers and air hockey when this garbage happened so I asked input. I was advised to also submit a BBB report. Which I will.

Wow that's pretty lucky haha. Let me know how that goes because I'm very interested to see, and of course I would love to see CG get a taste of their own medicine.
  • papnwors
    749 posts Member
    Options
    I spent a lot of crystals getting mods before the nerfed drop rate. Do I feel like that money was wasted? Yes.
    Am I **** off? Not really, the game is healthier for it and will live longer.

Hopefully next the leveling cost is dramatically lowered to represent the drop in effectiveness and they give everyone 1000 crystals minimum.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options
    So u did 3 1600 refreshes. Meaning u did at least the first one even before they announced the decreased drop rate? Meaning u thought the drop rate was 100 %, and u still thought it was a good idea to pay 1600 to have mods a few days sooner than your competition... like that would ever have paid off.

And they are still worth way more than the cost to level them and are still a gamechanger..

So why would u want to give em all back? Like u said, they nerfed the drop rate.

So what I hear is..

I want all my crystals and credits back. I want all my mods rolled.back to level one.

U gambled. U lost. And now u want to turn it back to zero... except keep all your mods that dropped 100%.

This is just trying to get something for nothing. More free shards, gems, xredits. Same boring whine all the time.

When mods came out, they were not advertised as a gamble. They seemed like the new gear, which should be highly sought after. But it turns out they were falsely advertised and people were cheated out of crystals.

Stop trying to argue agains people's motives for spending crystals that the entire basis of FTP vs whales in this game.
  • Kurgen
    226 posts Member
    Options
    So u did 3 1600 refreshes. Meaning u did at least the first one even before they announced the decreased drop rate? Meaning u thought the drop rate was 100 %, and u still thought it was a good idea to pay 1600 to have mods a few days sooner than your competition... like that would ever have paid off. Did u discover a mod that increased arena payouts too?

So what I hear is..

U gambled. U lost. And now u want to turn it back to zero... except keep all your mods that dropped 100%.

Hmmm.... Again I'll forgive your ignorance and misunderstanding With respect to timezones.

I actually had 3 bites at the cherry after they posted the nerf warning.

But anyhow I am sure you will remain happy having thrown a tanty with the rest of the forum.

Yes I would like my credits and crystals back. I'd also like a roll back to before this latest debacle but neither of these are likely.

Oh well.... Whingers win again.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    So u did 3 1600 refreshes. Meaning u did at least the first one even before they announced the decreased drop rate? Meaning u thought the drop rate was 100 %, and u still thought it was a good idea to pay 1600 to have mods a few days sooner than your competition... like that would ever have paid off.

So what I hear is..

When mods came out, they were not advertised as a gamble. They seemed like the new gear, which should be highly sought after. But it turns out they were falsely advertised and people were cheated out of crystals.

Stop trying to argue agains people's motives for spending crystals that the entire basis of FTP vs whales in this game.

Mods are still worth the credits to level. They are still worth the cantina energy. U got 100% drop rate. Why complaining? U have more mods than anyone else. Why u thought u needed to buy and level 150 of them when u can only put 30 of them on an arena team, why don't u tell us?

And why don't u explain how these mods which give 2 to 3 times the boost of a gear level and wayyy more than a million credit star increase are now worthless?

Everything is a gamble in this game. U put all ur eggs into one basket, that is the chance u take. I figured 6 and 7 star mods are coming. Raid changes are coming. Devs aren't going to let everyone solo tier 7 every two days and let everyone cap gear in a few months. I saw the grumbling on the forum. But maybe I don't have that half a brain u do.
  • benacrow
    2700 posts Member
    Options

So what I hear is..

Mods are still worth the credits to level. They are still worth the cantina energy. U got 100% drop rate. Why complaining? U have more mods than anyone else. Why u thought u needed to buy and level 150 of them when u can only put 30 of them on an arena team, why don't u tell us?

And why don't u explain how these mods which give 2 to 3 times the boost of a gear level and wayyy more than a million credit star increase are now worthless?

I wanted to get the best ones, i.e., the speed and offense ones, but kept getting not those ones. I'm sorry that I'm a competitive FTP player who could keep up by spending my saved crystals, and competitive means you'll get the best new thing so you can remain competitive, since you don't seem to understand why people would want to be competitive.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited July 2016
    Options
    Are not ur speed and offense mods still rare? They are. And speed in particular are now among the best ones, still being ridiculous. They also said at the same time they announced the drop rate and price hike nerfs that they were going to retroactively change the mods. That my friend is gambling.

U have played this game for how long. And u didn't think EA could possibly bend u over and screw u on this? And still as i said, ur mods are still good. And u still got them relatively cheap, considering the leveling cost and drop rate. I presume u only leveled the good ones. And they are still Good. I would say u done good but u want to keep ur rare mods and get a refund?