Best F2P farm route

Replies

• Options
    Eveets wrote: »
    Well killer swan , this is already answered in the OP first post.
    Just have to read.☺

I just want to know which path to follow. There are three different options and I don't know which one to focus on. My long term goals are getting yoda, using a droid team, getting HIGH in arena, and being successful in events. What can I do and who should I farm to accomplish these goals?
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Just have to read.☺

I just want to know which path to follow. There are three different options and I don't know which one to focus on. My long term goals are getting yoda, using a droid team, getting HIGH in arena, and being successful in events. What can I do and who should I farm to accomplish these goals?

Get one decent team to 7* asap and work slowly on an endgame arena team. Looks like you combined a few different ideas which is fine but will leave you lagging behind people who focused more.
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Just have to read.☺

Get one decent team to 7* asap and work slowly on an endgame arena team. Looks like you combined a few different ideas which is fine but will leave you lagging behind people who focused more.

Who should I focus on then? Which is better: Droid Team, Rebel Team, Scoundrel Team, Jawa Team, Ewok Team, just to list a few. Which is more important: CH, Yoda, Palpatine, and other events. I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what I can do to fix it. Thanks!
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Just have to read.☺

Who should I focus on then? Which is better: Droid Team, Rebel Team, Scoundrel Team, Jawa Team, Ewok Team, just to list a few. Which is more important: CH, Yoda, Palpatine, and other events. I would like to know what I am doing wrong and what I can do to fix it. Thanks!

All I mean is get STH to 7* before starting 88. Get Phasma to 7* before starting the next one. Etc. once you do have a 7* geared arena team you can dabble a bit more but that's priority.
  • Options
    Thank you. I will.
  • Eveets
    10 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Yes, sad but true. The important thing is to do our best and have fun. If some F2P is worried about being the top 1 to have fun, better to change the game.

You're indeed right about that . I realize that play for arena rank drop a lot of fun as a f2p. Sure you have more refresh energy and all, but you're always under pressure to stay at the top of the mountain.
    No choice for characters, not any day allowed to relax. Always on your phone to check if someone didnt took your rank.( and as a free to play your team will be always targetted first by everybody, since a lot weaker than p2w). Thats not what i hoped for when i started to play this game lol.

I'll just try to do the best i can, seems like things get a bit cooler as days of play pass. Not sure if i can hold top 5 for long like this. We'll just see.

Anyway, the guides here are a huge asset for ppl that don't wanna spend 100$ (or more and i'm not exagerating) to start on a server and still be competitive . Thanks to you and the other contributors. :)

• Options
    Hello KillerSwan13!

All 3 paths are viable. But the goals of each are different. On the path I've suggested, you'll have 5 heroes from various different factions little by little, focusing on specific heroes at every turn. The droids path is for those who like droids compositions (which are great by the way) and focuses on taking the critical damage challenge as early as possible. Zooey's path has a focus on having 5 characters for the CH event as early as possible.

However, all 3 paths converge to a need: Have focus. The listed heroes and their farm order are not there by random and these heroes (save for a few exceptions that are explained) should be maximized before moving on to the next. This is very important. You will not be able to stay competitive in the arena and complete all GWs if you do not have focus.

I hope I have helped!
  • Options
    Yes, sad but true. The important thing is to do our best and have fun. If some F2P is worried about being the top 1 to have fun, better to change the game.

You're indeed right about that . I realize that play for arena rank drop a lot of fun as a f2p. Sure you have more refresh energy and all, but you're always under pressure to stay at the top of the mountain.
    No choice for characters, not any day allowed to relax. Always on your phone to check if someone didnt took your rank.( and as a free to play your team will be always targetted first by everybody, since a lot weaker than p2w). Thats not what i hoped for when i started to play this game lol.

I'll just try to do the best i can, seems like things get a bit cooler as days of play pass. Not sure if i can hold top 5 for long like this. We'll just see.

Anyway, the guides here are a huge asset for ppl that don't wanna spend 100$ (or more and i'm not exagerating) to start on a server and still be competitive . Thanks to you and the other contributors. :)

Thanks man. Glad to help!
  • Options
    How hard is the cantina mission with wedge like what level should you be
  • Options
    Hello Shadowcolassal!

The level requirements for each stage of the cantina are:

Stage 1: Player level 28.
    Stage 2: Player level 36
    Stage 3: Player level 44.
    Stage 4: Player level 53.
    Stage 5: Player level 61.
    Stage 6: Player level 69.
    Stage 7: Player level 77.
    Stage 8: Player level 83.

Wedge is in the 6F battle (enemies are level 74). It's not a difficult battle, at this point in the game you'll already have enough heroes to beat it with 3 stars (if you focus on the path you choose).
  • Options
    Hello Shadowcolassal!

The level requirements for each stage of the cantina are:

Stage 1: Player level 28.
    Stage 2: Player level 36
    Stage 3: Player level 44.
    Stage 4: Player level 53.
    Stage 5: Player level 61.
    Stage 6: Player level 69.
    Stage 7: Player level 77.
    Stage 8: Player level 83.

Wedge is in the 6F battle (enemies are level 74). It's not a difficult battle, at this point in the game you'll already have enough heroes to beat it with 3 stars (if you focus on the path you choose).

Right now I'm farming rebels I'm lvl 59 I wanted to have a strong rebel team for when the empire event and ships come out
  • Options
    After I'm done farming Biggs I'm stuck on who I should go for next in gw teebk phasma or cad? Cad and phasma would be good Cuz my dark side guys suck and cads a scoundrel but I know how essential teebo is for rancor
  • Options
    I just created a new account and got a free four* biggs for free and got a 2*leia on a chromium. Should i focus on biggs on GW or get phasma asap to get top rank. Advice is highly apreciated. Thanks
  • Options
    I just created a new account and got a free four* biggs for free and got a 2*leia on a chromium. Should i focus on biggs on GW or get phasma asap to get top rank. Advice is highly apreciated. Thanks

Biggs is solid but unspectacular until you can get Wedge. Previously that was level 69 and you would have had time to get Phasma first. But Wedge is now in Fleet Shipments (it's an amazing Synergy that makes Galactic War really easy) so I say go full out for him now. Especially since you also have Lei. I wouldn't put anything more into Lei though, she's very replaceable and there are lots of rebels coming out all the time.
    I like playing with her, but if you are FTP then there is no room for sentiment.

I think Biggs has more long term potential so that would be my advice. He also has a great ship as well.
  • Options
    Andyroo880 wrote: »

Biggs is solid but unspectacular until you can get Wedge. Previously that was level 69 and you would have had time to get Phasma first. But Wedge is now in Fleet Shipments (it's an amazing Synergy that makes Galactic War really easy) so I say go full out for him now. Especially since you also have Lei. I wouldn't put anything more into Lei though, she's very replaceable and there are lots of rebels coming out all the time.
    I like playing with her, but if you are FTP then there is no room for sentiment.

I think Biggs has more long term potential so that would be my advice. He also has a great ship as well.

Thanks, gonna take your advice.
  • Options
    I'm having trouble finding a proper synergy with my chars. I had spent quite a bit and now finding the most efficient way to play without spending.

My main chars are
    IG88 5*
    Old Ben 4*
    HK47 4*
    Daka 4*
    Ig86 3*

Other chars:
    https://swgoh.gg/u/nubcake/

Based on what I have, could anyone recommend what should I focus on?

Have been farming:
    Cantina shipment: QGJ 3*
    Cantina mission: GS 3*
    Guild shipment: JE (not yet activated)
    Arena: STH 3*
    GW: IG86 and Lumi
    Hard nodes: RG, IG86, Lumi, clone sarge, Fives
  • Options
    @Nubcake
    I would follow the Droid path. There is strength in the dark side.
  • Options
    @Nubcake

Based of the strength of my other chars, droids is the team to go for arena?

If droids, do I go:
    HK47 L 4*
    IG88 5*
    IG86 3*
    RG 3*
    Daka or old Ben ?
  • Options
    Nubcake wrote: »
    @Nubcake

Based of the strength of my other chars, droids is the team to go for arena?

If droids, do I go:
    HK47 L 4*
    IG88 5*
    IG86 3*
    RG 3*
    Daka or old Ben ?

The OP has been banned, but I can help you.

Droid Path requires focus on droids and jawas since account creation. At the moment you could try HK-47 > IG-88 > IG-86 > RG > Old Ben

But you must immediately start to farm JE in guild shop. If possible farm B2 too and your final composition should be: HK-47 > IG-88 > IG-86 > JE > B2
  • Options
    DarthX wrote: »

Droid Path requires focus on droids and jawas since account creation. At the moment you could try HK-47 > IG-88 > IG-86 > RG > Old Ben

But you must immediately start to farm JE in guild shop. If possible farm B2 too and your final composition should be: HK-47 > IG-88 > IG-86 > JE > B2

Oh, bummer. Thanks for helping :) I'll work on the Droid team in arena for now.

But I have alot of other chars at
    4 stars: Daka, Fives, Rex, Biggs, vader, Sidious, Akbar

3 stars: IG100, Lumi, QGJ, STH, Leia, clone sarge, Phasma, Cody, echo, GS (almost 4*)

I'll ignore them for now?
  • Options

3 stars: IG100, Lumi, QGJ, STH, Leia, clone sarge, Phasma, Cody, echo, GS (almost 4*)

If you plan to focus on droids, these other chars do not match with droids, but you can work on them in other farm spots, as long as it does not hinder maximizing the main heroes.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options

Don't go HK first. You can keep HK at 4* for a while since he does all he needs to without stars. Finish 88 first from arena then resume HK. Max 86 asap and farm JE as fast as you can. Put JE in as soon as you get him. He needs minimal gear to be effective. Farm B2 as soon as you hit his node.

As for the rest, you'll need a credit heist team before long, so I'd recommend getting at least Cad Bane and Boba. I'd probably start farming Lando now because you don't really need anyone from cantina before B2.

And lastly, the usual next step for droid users is to get Jawas. You want lots of crit damage mods, and they're good in the raid.
  • Options

Don't go HK first. You can keep HK at 4* for a while since he does all he needs to without stars. Finish 88 first from arena then resume HK. Max 86 asap and farm JE as fast as you can. Put JE in as soon as you get him. He needs minimal gear to be effective. Farm B2 as soon as you hit his node.

As for the rest, you'll need a credit heist team before long, so I'd recommend getting at least Cad Bane and Boba. I'd probably start farming Lando now because you don't really need anyone from cantina before B2.

And lastly, the usual next step for droid users is to get Jawas. You want lots of crit damage mods, and they're good in the raid.

Thanks for the tips! Some updates:
    Level 44
    88 5*
    86 4*
    RG 4*
    HK 4*
    Old Ben 4*

JE is still a long way to go. Also I actually have magna100 at 3*. Worth swapping him with Ben? Though Ben's aoe ability block seems very useful for IG88 atm.

As I have 88 at 5* already, is it worth while farming STH to 4* at least for a rebel team? I need only a few more shards. Also my Akbar is 1 shard shy of 5* and I'm unlocking lando soon. Also I have Biggs/QGJ / fives/Rex/ GS all at 4*. Any worthwhile synergy there?

• Options
    I just got thrashed by a Wedge, lando, Biggs, RG, Akbar team with similar squad power. How do I counter these teams? Their lando and wiggs does insane aoe and takes out one of my chars in their first turn.

I'm running HK, 88, 86, QGJ, RG
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    I just got thrashed by a Wedge, lando, Biggs, RG, Akbar team with similar squad power. How do I counter these teams? Their lando and wiggs does insane aoe and takes out one of my chars in their first turn.

I'm running HK, 88, 86, QGJ, RG

You need JE. Droids aren't droids without that little munchkin. Also, don't dabble in a bunch of different toons. Take your arena team to 7* and max their gear asap so you can actually get a decent payout every day.
  • Options
    Hey guys,

Wish I had seen this a few months ago :)

I normally religiously study stuff like this before diving into games but this time just went with what I felt was right and what I was facing in arena/GW.

So, I am now around the 250 mark in Arena and have not been able to finish a GW for ages and need your help if you can!

Here is what I have so far:

https://swgoh.gg/u/kireoguh/collection/

Happy to drop anything and start again but really want to be able to go a higher in arena and finish the **** GW. Also, with Ships now in play would be nice to have toons that are also valid there but not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance!!
  • Options
    libelula5 wrote: »
    Hey guys,

Wish I had seen this a few months ago :)

I normally religiously study stuff like this before diving into games but this time just went with what I felt was right and what I was facing in arena/GW.

So, I am now around the 250 mark in Arena and have not been able to finish a GW for ages and need your help if you can!

Here is what I have so far:

https://swgoh.gg/u/kireoguh/collection/

Happy to drop anything and start again but really want to be able to go a higher in arena and finish the **** GW. Also, with Ships now in play would be nice to have toons that are also valid there but not a deal breaker.

Thanks in advance!!

To win the galactic war some specific strategies are needed because it is designed to be unfair and challenging. I am slowly writing a detailed topic with the main points to be successful. As soon as it's ready I'll post.

But about your question, I needed to abandon my first account due to wrong choices. The punishment for wrong choices in this game is hard. If you have free time for the next few days, starting over might be a good idea. I am writing another detailed topic about farm route since account creation, since the OP of this topic is banned and we can not know for how long.
  • Andyroo880
    32 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    libelula5 wrote: »

If that Sideous was Stormtrooper Han, it would be a pretty easy fix.

As it stands there are some conflicts.

A clear and obvious one is to finish Lando and Geo Soldier. Lando's a great toon and you already have him up high.
    You should also pick five Chars and level those to your player level rather than spreading yourself thin.

It's going to take a bit of a while to catch up in your regular arena so I think a bias towards ships might be a good idea, to get you some sucess in the meantime.
    You don't have a top tier tank. I would normally recommend ST Han, and you probably should start him in Arena. However Sun Fac is a pilot and a tank. You would be starting from zero on Sun Fac (he's in Ship Shipments) but he has synergy with Geo Soldier and should be a great fit.

Sun Fac (ship shipments)
    Geo Soldier (cantina energy)
    Boba Fett Lead (cantina shipments, hard modes and daily log in next week)
    Rey (guild shipments and hard nodes)
    Lando

That's an unconventional 5 but should be fun, lots of debuffs and crit damage.

You can keep Vader, Phasma and Lumi in until Sun Fac, Rey and Boba over take them.

Purposefully didn't choose anything from galactic war so you can focus on ship blueprints there.

Once you get Boba to 7 stars, I think Poe might be a good fit for you . At least start on Poe's hard modes as they give nice gear. Don't wast ship shipments on him though.

In Arena, he's a long way off, but you need a scoundrel. If you go for Sun Fac it could be IG88 over ST Han. Risky but he's way more fun and has Bounty Hunter Synergy. Once ships settle down, you will probably need Cad Bane as a 5th scoundrel, or if you are in a good guild and getting a good amount of guild currency you could start on Dengar instead and farm simultaneously with Rey.

• Thegreekog
    3 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Looking for a direction to focus on. I am normally in the top 20 in arena with a 3 droid, rg, lumi team. This is my current collection: https://swgoh.gg/u/thegreekog/collection/ Just hit lvl 50 and have a follow up question. Should I keep spending Cantina engery on Lando until 7* before using it on mods? How should I split the cantina farm vs mod farm? The characters I've been going for in the various areas are:
    GW:IG86 / Lumi
    Cantina: Lando
    Cantina Credits: QGJ
    Squad: StH
    Hard: Rey, RG, Boba
    Post edited by Thegreekog on
  • Options
    I would stick with Lando until 7 star. Up until now if you have unlocked a new character it doesn't take long before you can use them. That's soon going to change and you will hit a wall where the people who have focused on 5 characters will start to see them hit 6 and 7 stars as well as have purple gear.

Also having Lando at 7 stars and all your team a couple of levels higher will make the mod battles easier. They are 5 stages long (not 3) so you don't want to be spending energy and not completing it.