Why is 7* Palp so hard to beat

Prev134
Basti4SWGOH
135 posts Member
edited August 2016
Why do they make the event so extremely hard, should not you get rewarded by events for playing the game??

I have spend a LOT of money into the game already (e.g. I have unlocked 7* GG), I have 20+ 7* toons, many GL10. I am arena #1.

Now they come around with this event where you need again toons that many dont have leveled up.
So my very good rooster does not help at all, which took a lot a lot of effort (and money) and is now worthless for this event.

I have 5 7* for this event (for which I quickly put in a lot of resources already) and which is the only setup i can use):
7* Leia (G10), almost maxed out
7* Lobo (G10), maxed out
7* Biggs (G8)
7* Hoth Soldier (G7)
7* Hoth Scout (G7)

all lev 80, all fully mod with 5* Mods

Now, I have absolutely no chance to get Palp 7 down with this setup. Light years away.
Which I find ridiculous. Should not events reward you for playing this game?

So now i need to spend again several hundreds Euro just to get the reward for this event because they force again (once more) to gear up toons that I dont play otherwise.

Will they ever stop being that greedy?

Replies

• Options
    Lando is the Key for many events.With him is Palpatine very easy.
    Lv up him for the next Palpatine event.He is also very good for credit heist and the other event.
  • Options
    Well, many others have managed to beat him. I beat him with Ackbar (L), STHan, HRS, Leia and Lando.

Others may disagree, but I think your team composition isn't quite right to beat the challenge. Are your mods levelled or all sat at 1?

I don't think it was greedy at all, I think it was a good, difficult challenge that had a great reward. You come across (and I apologise if this was not on your mind) as a bit self-entitled; you are not "owed" anything automatically for just playing. I think many of the complainers would do well to remember that, but that's just my opinion based on what I read.

But anyway, enough complainers will ensure Palpatine is nerfed soon enough :rage:
  • Options
    Ackbar and / or at least ST Han are a must for this event .. you have bad lack missing exactly those 2, but most people have at least one of them / most free to play have ackbar because of phase 1 in raids and the other half have St Han because his arena presence/ ...
  • Options
    AA, Lando, ST Han, Leia, Biggs did the trick for me. Looks to me your G7-8 are the weakspots. If you get them to G9 you should be able to do it.
  • Options
    If you still want to get by try for AA. He made this much easier with his dispelling ability.

Also STH helped a ton as a tank. Not sure about the HRS since I don't have him.

The fight was close but I just focused on the royal guards first, then Vader and the emperor last.

Good luck man, there's still lots of time to get it done.

Moth Tio
  • Petrelli81
    81 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    If you have spent that much, why on earth would you not have Lando?...

No Han, no AA or Lando = building the wrong characters for general usefulness in the game. Sorry, but you can't rage at the event when you're missing pretty much everyone that could help you.
  • Options
    Event was easy for many too. I think they did a decent job tuning difficulty on this one. Personally, I auto' it, as did many of my friends
  • Options
    I autoed it with Ackbar, STH, Biggs, leia, and lando. Poor toon choices is your prob. AA was g8, the rest G9. First attempt success. Make better choices and stop complaining. Hoth rebels are not going to do it for you, you need a cleanse for Vader.
  • Options
    My kill order was: RG 1, RG 2, Emperor, Vader
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options
    Disagree with OP... each event as we have seen rewards those that have worked hard on a specific faction (we knew rebels were coming so no real excuse if you wanted to)

For this event I was lucky as already had x3 7* toons and rest were there or there abouts.. for this event I didnt mind blowing a load of resources (not real money) into the event due to the reward, where previously I havent done that (whats point of blowing 3mil credits for a 1mil reward)

The game rewards you for playing... but its a Rebel event... not sure why it should reward those that either havent lvld Rebels or willing to try to
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I disagree as well. I used AA, STHan, HRSc, Biggs, and Leia. Found it to be pretty easy. Don't think the Devs tuned the difficulty too high at all. I went straight after EP, and used AA to clear debuffs so I didn't get smoked by culling blade.
  • Options
    You're going to need Lando
  • Basti4SWGOH
    135 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I autoed it with Ackbar, STH, Biggs, leia, and lando. Poor toon choices is your prob. AA was g8, the rest G9. First attempt success. Make better choices and stop complaining. Hoth rebels are not going to do it for you, you need a cleanse for Vader.

So who decides what a "poor toon choice" is? You? How can you know upfront?

Thats exactly my point, I have many very well build chars but they are all worthless since they force you to use a very limited toons setup for this event. It comes down that you need 1 or 2 specific chars (Lando, AA), otherwise you are screwed. So all my G10/11 chars like GS, RG, Droids (I run a full droid setup), Obi Wan, Yoda, GS, Sun Fac, Teeboo, Ana etc. are all worthless in this event.

I am #1 arena, so my toon choices cannot be that poor. Are you also #1 arena?

• Options
    I beat the event on Auto, but I have run Rebels on and off in the arena for awhile. Currently Wedge Biggs Lando (and I have max or near max STH, Leia, HRScout, Ackbar, Luke).

Rebels are the easiest to obtain faction in the game, as far as I can tell. The event should be hard. Things are more fun when they are challenging.
  • Saraleb
    2070 posts Member
    Options

So who decides what a "poor toon choice" is? You? How can you know upfront?

Thats exactly my point, I have many very well build chars but they are all worthless since they force you to use a very limited toons setup for this event. It comes down that you need 1 or 2 specific chars (Lando, AA), otherwise you are screwed. So all my G10/11 chars like GS, RG, Droids (I run a full droid setup), Obi Wan, Yoda, GS, Sun Fac, Teeboo, Ana etc. are all worthless in this event.

I am #1 arena, so my toon choices cannot be that poor. Are you also #1 arena?

1. You dont need Lando to complete event (I used AA, Leia, STH, Biggs, Luke)

2. So you have a set of G10/11 chars yes well done, so do a lot of people, but they also have spent time on other factions.. Im sure if this was droid only event which you could obviously do on auto and someone started complaining but I dont have any droids your first remark would be well Farm them
  • CronozNL
    2869 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    This smells fishy..
    You do have GG which costs thousands to unlock which means you bought a lot of chromiums which means you should have Lando unlocked.
    Everyone on my shard that has GG, got the rest as well.

Or just extreme bad luck?

Anyway you still have time and the event will return. Can't imagine this to be a 1 time thing to let 50% of the playerbase never be able to complete EP.

I didn't get yoda the first time he came around, nothing to be crying about. Also we did know this was coming, we got a heads up.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options
    I did it with AA lead, Lando, Leia, STHan and level 1 Biggs

It's not rocket surgery.
  • Options
    CronozNL wrote: »
    This smells fishy..
    You do have GG which costs thousands to unlock which means you bought a lot of chromiums which means you should have Lando unlocked.
    Everyone on my shard that has GG, got the rest as well.

My GG:
    FuvmT0.png

My Lando (unlocked today, farming with C energy). I got basically go no Lando from Chromiums.
    QqHeuV.png

• Options
    All depends on who you go for. Some people wanted Sith or Empire or something other than Rebel.

I do think the Rebels should have unlocked Luke instead but now we know its the opposite.

This game isn't going to reward you for spending money, but when you do it's because it's something you want like a character or gear or whatever.

No matter what now you know what to do for the next time it comes around and if there is a new character you want, go for the opposite stat synergy.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Sorry OP, but your Rebel line up is very suboptimal - not just for this event, but in general.

To begin, you are trying to take down a high-level event with 2 characters at G7. Gear level 7 is "token" protection - not even anything practical. You also have one at gear 8. Lobot has very little Rebel synergy (he is better suited for droid teams). So your team is severely under-geared. As an example, the team I used to take down the T7 version of the event also had a Gear 8 Biggs - but he was the lowest (and also, the first dead). I also had a gear 11 STHan, gear 11 Lando, gear 10 Leia and gear 9 Ackbar.

The issues isn't your star level - it's your gear level.

As I mentioned, your team is also not very synergistic - you have Leia to give crit chance up - but no Lando to take advantage of it. You have several good DPS characters, but no tank in STHan to protect them and control TM. If you truly are a whale as you claim, you have Biggs, but no Wedge to take advantage of the synergies between the two.

Money can get you pretty far in this game - but only if you understand the importance of gear and synergy. I presume from the fact that you only have 11 posts and just joined the forums a couple of months ago that you are relatively new to the game (or at least the forums). It might be helpful to go through some of the guides and tips here to learn more about the game then simply presuming that throwing money at it will make you better.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I used AA lead, ST Han, Leia, Hoth Scout, Biggs. Only AA and Scout are gear 9, the rest are gear 8. Biggs is just lvl 71.

I didn't win when I used Auto. Had to win manually. Kill order was EP first then Vader then RG. I don't remember RG taunting. Scout provided the heavy damage by firing 8k crits at the emperor with his special then being able to fire his primary again.

I honestly found the 7* easier than the 6*. Then again, there was a noticeable difference in 6* and 7* Biggs.

Oh, I didn't use ST Han's taunt.
  • Options
    So my very good rooster does not help at all, which took a lot a lot of effort (and money) and is now worthless for this event.

LOL. A very good rooster is never worthless!
  • Options
    Lando's AOE is the key
  • Basti4SWGOH
    135 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Sorry OP, but your Rebel line up is very suboptimal - not just for this event, but in general.

To begin, you are trying to take down a high-level event with 2 characters at G7. Gear level 7 is "token" protection - not even anything practical. You also have one at gear 8. Lobot has very little Rebel synergy (he is better suited for droid teams). So your team is severely under-geared. As an example, the team I used to take down the T7 version of the event also had a Gear 8 Biggs - but he was the lowest (and also, the first dead). I also had a gear 11 STHan, gear 11 Lando, gear 10 Leia and gear 9 Ackbar.

As I mentioned, your team is also not very synergistic - you have Leia to give crit chance up - but no Lando to take advantage of it. You have several good DPS characters, but no tank in STHan to protect them and control TM. If you truly are a whale as you claim, you have Biggs, but no Wedge to take advantage of the synergies between the two.

Money can get you pretty far in this game - but only if you understand the importance of gear and synergy. I presume from the fact that you only have 11 posts and just joined the forums a couple of months ago that you are relatively new to the game (or at least the forums). It might be helpful to go through some of the guides and tips here to learn more
    about the game then simply presuming that throwing money at it will make you better.

Thanks for the answer, but you did not get the point.

First, I am arena rank number 1... constantly. If - as you say - I don't have a clue about synergies etc, how would I be able to get top tank #1 and keep it? I fully understand the importance of gear and synergies.

My point is that this event specifically force you to have 1-2 specific toons. If you - for whatever reason - did not have build up exactly these chars (here it is Lando in the first place and AA in the second) than you are screwed for this event (or at least it gets very very hard). This is what I do not like, the very limited choices and inflexibility. Why not allow Rebels and Jedis for such an event, giving people a wider range of choices and to not force them to have 1 or 2 specific chars out of the 90 chars this game has.

I play this event with this setup (which is not optimal for sure) since I do not have another choice. You get the point?

I do not focus too much on Rebels, true, since you cannot put endless resources in the game.

• Options
    ackbar and lando are critical rebels for this event and the game in general. Probably wouldnt have a problem with the two of them...
  • DarthZannaH
    577 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    I would say Ackbar,Lando,Leia,STH are critical...all F2P... STH taunts helps immensely with free turns... Ackbar heals on Vader dots are awesome + his leader gives +10% tenacity so you won't get stunned too often by Palpy... Lando AOE helps immensely to get through the double taunters (RG) and Leia DPS + Stealth are awesome.

I just did it yesterday with:

https://www.reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/4z0vjl/omega_for_emperor_event_sthwedgelando/
    • Ackbar - 74 - G9 (4 pieces to G10) c.rap mk1~5 lvl 9~11
    • Leia - 77 - G10 (3 pieces from max) c.rap mk1~5 lvl 9~11
    • STH - 73 - G9 (3 pieces to G10) arena mk5 lvl15
    • Lando - 80 - G10 (3 pieces to G11) c.rap mk1 lvl15
    • Wedge - 80 - G8 (1 piece to G9) arena mk5 lvl15

No omegas, c.rap mods except for STH and Wedge where I got my mods from arena (if the best mods were on Lando would be the same).

Your 5th can be anyone, Wedge because I bought aurodiums back in May when I started, but Biggs/Luke/HRS/Lobot will do.

Took me 2 tries, RNG in the 2nd try was perfect... lots of crits from Lando and Leia, and fast taunt from STH.
    Do or do not...
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options

Money can get you pretty far in this game - but only if you understand the importance of gear and synergy. I presume from the fact that you only have 11 posts and just joined the forums a couple of months ago that you are relatively new to the game (or at least the forums). It might be helpful to go through some of the guides and tips here to learn more
    about the game then simply presuming that throwing money at it will make you better.

First, I am arena rank number 1... constantly. If - as you say - I don't have a clue about synergies etc, how would I be able to get top tank #1 and keep it? I fully understand the importance of gear and synergies.

My point is that this event specifically force you to have 1-2 specific toons. If you - for whatever reason - did not have build up exactly these chars (here it is Lando in the first place and AA in the second) than you are screwed for this event (or at least it gets very very hard). This is what I do not like, the very limited choices and inflexibility. Why not allow Rebels and Jedis for such an event, giving people a wider range of choices and to not force them to have 1 or 2 specific chars out of the 90 chars this game has.

I play this event with this setup (which is not optimal for sure) since I do not have another choice. You get the point?

I do not focus too much on Rebels, true, since you cannot put endless resources in the game.

This is not true i have AA at 6*, you don't need him to beat the Emperor. I guess you've just been so good for so long you forgot about the rest of the characters in the game. No one is sorry that you didn't get Rebels because you decided to go a different way and work up your main squad which helps you in different ways. That's just how the game is just like the Scoundrel event, if you didn't have scoundrels then you didn't get the 1 mil.

Congrats on your 1st place for Arena though! hopefully one day i get there!
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options

First off, finishing first in arena is no great accomplishment - many f2p players can do so with a simple crystal refresh. Whales, even easier, as they can simply buy characters early on that are more difficult to beat (at least at low levels). Citing that as some claim to understand how the game works actually suggests the opposite.

Secondly, the decision to not "focus too much on Rebels" from someone who claims to understand the intricacies of the game is a little confusing though. STHan is one of the top 3 tanks in the game (RG & OB being the others) and Lando is probably the best AoE (although JKA works well in certain setups too) in the game - so choosing "not to focus much" on some of the top heroes in the game seems an odd choice. Especially for someone who cannot put "endless resources into the game" - despite being able to farm a mediocre, but expensive GG.

Yes. I now understand. You spread yourself too thin, focus on Arena success, then took to the forums to complain because you farmed the wrong toons for an event and are upset that you can't auto-win every aspect of the game simply because you spent money on it. I understand perfectly. Thank you for clarifying.

May the force be with you.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • ABNRAS
    564 posts Member
    Options
    You should farm Lobot. Said no one........ever