Daily Crystal Booster Packs returning

Replies

• Options
    It used to give 300 initial and 120 a day then the special that gave 160 per day now they went the other way and took crystals off the table.. what else is new it is business. At least it's not Scopely.
  • Options
    Was about to buy but then i saw it was only available to players who already put money in

Doesnt make sense to me now i definitely wont spend any money on this game
  • Options
    Kyuu2 wrote: »
    reizse wrote: »
    not worth getting up in arms over an extra $5. really. come on. that's $10 a month. surely people can skip eating out ONCE A MONTH to get daily crystal shipments. PBNJ for one day a month. worth.

It's the trend that concerns some people I think.
    $5 for 2400 crystals over 21 days = 460 crystals per dollar
    $5 for 1455 crystals over 7 days = 291 crystals per dollar
    $10 for 2200 crystals over 21 days = 220 crystals per dollar

Don't get me wrong, as it's still an attractive deal in comparison to the normal crystal sales, but I can't help but to shake the feeling that they are just trying to push to see how far they can milk the players. They could have easily implemented one or both of the previous offers but they didn't. The $5 for 1455 over 7 days actually can produce more income than the 21 day sale.

Agreed. Thanks for the calculations.
  • HaraLucas
    67 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @EA_Jesse please, bring back the dark side pack with dooku and maul, please bro. It'd be awesome
    Unfortunately I lost the first ofer, but I'll not give that chance again lol
  • Options
    seriously...$5 extra!! you've gotta be a real scrooge mcduck if that's the deciding factor...every time i eat lunch out, it's like $25. i can def skip a lunch out every 2 months and i'd still be ok (not that i'm going to skip...lol)

Where do you eat lunch? Mine cost me like $15 tops and I live in a HCOL area.
  • Options
    KairiRhien wrote: »
    seriously...$5 extra!! you've gotta be a real scrooge mcduck if that's the deciding factor...every time i eat lunch out, it's like $25. i can def skip a lunch out every 2 months and i'd still be ok (not that i'm going to skip...lol)

Maybe he is hungry. Here in nor cal dinner is like $15-20 bucks but lunch is usually a tad cheaper. I measure things in terms of Starbucks coffee. $10 bucks is like 3 cups of coffee per month.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

south orange county (OC)...i don't know if it's considered HCOL, but compared to the rest of the state besides Marin and the general Bay Area, pretty expensive to live here. a sushi lunch can easily ramp up to 20+ just for food. add in a drink and it's pretty much at 25. shabu shabu is nearly 30 per lunch (and that's with a lunch special). thai runs a bit less, maybe 18+. italian can run up 25+ if i get the daily catch with penne or linguine. there's a great burger place that charges 19 for a half pound angus pat lafrieda patty...add in an iced tea and side salad and you're looking at 27+
    mighty chlorians
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    sometimes, though, i do get cravings for a super thick PBNJ...so i'll make one last minute before leaving for the office...a triple decker with extra PB with banana slices and honey drizzle. side of grapefruit juice and carrot sticks rounds out my lunch. do that once or twice a month and i can def justify a crystal sub. nbd.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options

south orange county (OC)...i don't know if it's considered HCOL, but compared to the rest of the state besides Marin and the general Bay Area, pretty expensive to live here. a sushi lunch can easily ramp up to 20+ just for food. add in a drink and it's pretty much at 25. shabu shabu is nearly 30 per lunch (and that's with a lunch special). thai runs a bit less, maybe 18+. italian can run up 25+ if i get the daily catch with penne or linguine. there's a great burger place that charges 19 for a half pound angus pat lafrieda patty...add in an iced tea and side salad and you're looking at 27+

Ahh that explains it, I usually save sushi for dinner. However, even your Thai food prices are pretty high, Seattle seems to have pretty moderate food prices compared to OC.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »

Maybe he is hungry. Here in nor cal dinner is like $15-20 bucks but lunch is usually a tad cheaper. I measure things in terms of Starbucks coffee. $10 bucks is like 3 cups of coffee per month.

Haha, now that's where we differ, my lattes are like $5 each.
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options

Ahh that explains it, I usually save sushi for dinner. However, even your Thai food prices are pretty high, Seattle seems to have pretty moderate food prices compared to OC.

the problem is that once my income started to rise, so did my standard of living. when i was poor as dirt in college, i got by on basically whatever i could afford and for some reason now that i'm better off than i was in school, i tend to spend more. funny how that happens....
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    I love the daily crystals, good work bringing them back!
  • Rolf
    1032 posts Member
    Options
    the problem is that once my income started to rise, so did my standard of living. when i was poor as dirt in college, i got by on basically whatever i could afford and for some reason now that i'm better off than i was in school, i tend to spend more. funny how that happens....
    Ramen, anyone? ;)
    My ally code: 296-673-769. Wish we could have more than 35.
  • Options
    any chance we will see some new character packs being released any time soon? or re-released even?
  • Options
    Thank you, thank you!
  • Options
    Cdmd2b wrote: »
    Offer the dark side starter pack for those of us that didn't get the offer.

@Cdmd2b
    Yes I agree! I was never offered the starter pack otherwise I would have got it. My friend who I recently got hooked onto this game was offered it on his ipad and I'm confused and bummed as to why I never saw the offer in the shop
  • Options
    not worth getting up in arms over an extra $5. really. come on. that's $10 a month. surely people can skip eating out ONCE A MONTH to get daily crystal shipments. PBNJ for one day a month. worth.

Don't get me wrong, as it's still an attractive deal in comparison to the normal crystal sales, but I can't help but to shake the feeling that they are just trying to push to see how far they can milk the players. They could have easily implemented one or both of the previous offers but they didn't. The $5 for 1455 over 7 days actually can produce more income than the 21 day sale.

Yeah this in combination with the required $5 purchase to get the crystal offer to begin with probably will count me out. I really wished I did it when it was 21 days. 7 day one wasn't enough to pull me in. Now 10 for 2200 PLUS another 5, think I'm going to have to pass unfortunately. Was looking forward to this more than anything but maybe Yoda and Young ObiWan but it's just not worth it to me.
  • Raven
    113 posts Member
    Options
    sometimes, though, i do get cravings for a super thick PBNJ...so i'll make one last minute before leaving for the office...a triple decker with extra PB with banana slices and honey drizzle. side of grapefruit juice and carrot sticks rounds out my lunch. do that once or twice a month and i can def justify a crystal sub. nbd.

What the hell, im in my office with few minutes to lunch time. **** that sounds tasty!
  • Options
    My prayers have been answered!
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    Cpt_Dan wrote: »

Haha, now that's where we differ, my lattes are like $5 each.

Lol I just get an americano straight black. That'll get me going for at least another 5k lines of code.
  • Options
    So if you purchased for a minimum of 4.99 in the past you shoud be able to see it?
  • Options
    So if you purchased for a minimum of 4.99 in the past you shoud be able to see it?

Exactly! And also this:
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    We're aiming to have this live this week, but there is always a chance it'll slip to next week.

• Options

Right, so if we all stick together and nobody buys this, they will offer a better deal............

• Options
    $10??? Lol.... this game won't see another penny from me. (to come back with an offer significantly worse than all previous subscriptions)
  • Devour
    262 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect your Crystals every day.

Sleezy dirtbags word things like this, instead of stating the dollar amount. You are a punk dude.

• Options
    Nice job for those who are willing to spend.

Release a Yoda $5 or so pack and I'm down for that and maybe I'd consider this.
  • Options
    Do they stack? @EA_Jesse
    like if i buy two will i get 200 crystals everyday for 21 days?
    or 42 days of 100 crystals?
  • Options
    Greetings Heroes,

We wanted to take a moment to let you all know that we’ll be making the highly requested Daily Crystal Booster Packs available to players. The Pack we are offering will deliver 100 Crystals to your inbox every day for 21 days, including 100 Crystals immediately upon purchase! This bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect your Crystals every day. Once you have purchased the pack you will have until midnight each day to collect your daily Crystals from your inbox. Late redemption will result in forfeiture of the previous day’s Crystal entitlement.

The only requirement is that players will need to have purchased at least $4.99 worth of content from the shop to see this offer. This could have been the Dark Side Starter pack, the Bag of Crystals (610 Crystals) or any of the previously offered Daily Crystal Booster Packs. Once that condition has been met you will see the option to purchase the Daily Crystal Booster Pack.

We also wanted to let you know that this offer will be permanent and re-purchasable, so don’t worry, it’s here to stay :)

Cheers,
    Capital Games

@EA_Jesse are we weeks or months from showing up? I don't see anything yet
  • Options
    Do they stack? @EA_Jesse
    like if i buy two will i get 200 crystals everyday for 21 days?
    or 42 days of 100 crystals?

When you buy it, it disappears from the store. It doesn't show up again until the sub is gone.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Devour wrote: »
    This bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect your Crystals every day.

Sleezy dirtbags word things like this, instead of stating the dollar amount. You are a punk dude.

Well that escalated quickly.