Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

They already explained that it's a combination of your power level + Arena rank. Read posts from CG and EA employees.
    Link please. Several people have asserted that CG and EA employees have said several different things (some even contradictory). According to my search no EA or CG employee has commented on GW (at least not in this thread - which is the one that CG started) in over 11 days. There have been two "updates" to the game since that time. Things seemed to have changed. In fact, the release on 1/21 brought a significant bump in traffic to this very thread as that is when this problem seems to have appeared.

So any references to GW match-making prior to the new "updates" is likely irrelevant anyway. But again, until someone from CG (or EA) actually confirms anything, we're left to guessing, anecdotal "evidence" and screen shots.

I couldn't find a post from the forums, but over on the Reddit, there's a dev named im-not-really-a-jedi that's been very active. Here he is saying that it now just looks at your highest rank attained in Arena, so while I'm now super salty at having lost rank for no reason, you have your proof.
    https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/czgkyc5
  • Options

They already explained that it's a combination of your power level + Arena rank. Read posts from CG and EA employees.
    Link please. Several people have asserted that CG and EA employees have said several different things (some even contradictory). According to my search no EA or CG employee has commented on GW (at least not in this thread - which is the one that CG started) in over 11 days. There have been two "updates" to the game since that time. Things seemed to have changed. In fact, the release on 1/21 brought a significant bump in traffic to this very thread as that is when this problem seems to have appeared.

So any references to GW match-making prior to the new "updates" is likely irrelevant anyway. But again, until someone from CG (or EA) actually confirms anything, we're left to guessing, anecdotal "evidence" and screen shots.

I couldn't find a post from the forums, but over on the Reddit, there's a dev named im-not-really-a-jedi that's been very active. Here he is saying that it now just looks at your highest rank attained in Arena, so while I'm now super salty at having lost rank for no reason, you have your proof.
    https://reddit.com/r/SWGalaxyOfHeroes/comments/432ybr/dont_reset_gw_at_rank1/czgkyc5

I also have proof by his words "dropping rank no longer helps you" (emphasis added) - that they have changed it. Bait and switch. I am sure those asking Google/Apple for refunds based on game changes after payment will be quite interested in this point. Thank you very much.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    So stop upgrading your best 5 for a while and spend time to upgrade your B and C teams!

Well, clearly. And don't try to "snipe" too high in arena.

There are two things about this that irk me just a bit:

1) Why haven't any CG/EA people posted answers HERE. On the "official" board in the thread they started about this very topic?

2) Why have the seemingly changed it (at least once - probably several times) and given no reason or explanation? Especially in light of all the questions in this very thread for the past 7-10 days about how matchups are determined?

The answers to the two above are one of two things:
    1) They don't want a majority of players to know how GW matchups are determined (which seems odd).
    2) They don't care.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • MeetraSurik
    313 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I also have proof by his words "dropping rank no longer helps you" (emphasis added) - that they have changed it. Bait and switch. I am sure those asking Google/Apple for refunds based on game changes after payment will be quite interested in this point. Thank you very much.

By that logic, any change made to any game ever is grounds for a refund under the same grounds.

It's stupid easy to get refunds/chargebacks. That specific system is set up under the nebulously fair "the customer is always right". If you're actually getting refunds/chargebacks under the logic you've used in this post, I hope CG bans your account for fraud.

Further more, using posts made in an unofficial capacity by a dev posting in his free time against the company that pays his/her bills is a great way to get said employee in hot water, and make it so that we don't get this avenue of discourse in the future.

I think that if you're as mad as your constant FUD would suggest, you should just quit. You'd be happier, and there would be one less whiny child for the rest of us to have to put up with.
  • Options

By that logic, any change made to any game ever is grounds for a refund under the same grounds.

It's stupid easy to get refunds/chargebacks. That specific system is set up under the nebulously fair "the customer is always right". If you're actually getting refunds/chargebacks under the logic you've used in this post, I hope CG bans your account for fraud.

Lol - you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, do you?

Fraud? Wow.

"Fraud: the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain."

How would anyone requesting a refund if they changed the game since payment be fraud on the part of the person requesting refund? Exactly what "deception" is taking place on their part. And only changes to a game that changed the game by some significance would truly qualify. Honestly, there are several aspects of the this game has been handled that could conceivably qualify - shifting characters that were previously only "P2P" characters (QGJ?) onto the free side (incidentally, since people previously paid for him, that would be considered fraud) Another would be the change in the refresh in GW changed to crystals (again, a unit on which money is spent) - and even the changing of pricing.

Please don't throw around legal terms like "fraud" if you clearly have no idea what they mean or how they are applied.

Part of the reason people have to quote "unofficial" posts, is due to the fact that CG/EA won't say anything officially on the topic.

Also, thank you for the clear display of maturity by reducing the thread and your response to name calling. Always a pleasure to have intelligent conversations with people that have to use insult instead of reason to attempt to make some sort of "point".

• Options

Lol - you have absolutely no clue what you are talking about, do you?

Fraud? Wow.

"Fraud: the intentional deception of a person or entity by another made for monetary or personal gain."

How would anyone requesting a refund if they changed the game since payment be fraud on the part of the person requesting refund? Exactly what "deception" is taking place on their part. And only changes to a game that changed the game by some significance would truly qualify. Honestly, there are several aspects of the this game has been handled that could conceivably qualify - shifting characters that were previously only "P2P" characters (QGJ?) onto the free side (incidentally, since people previously paid for him, that would be considered fraud) Another would be the change in the refresh in GW changed to crystals (again, a unit on which money is spent) - and even the changing of pricing.

Please don't throw around legal terms like "fraud" if you clearly have no idea what they mean or how they are applied.

Part of the reason people have to quote "unofficial" posts, is due to the fact that CG/EA won't say anything officially on the topic.

Also, thank you for the clear display of maturity by reducing the thread and your response to name calling. Always a pleasure to have intelligent conversations with people that have to use insult instead of reason to attempt to make some sort of "point".

Intentional deception - misrepresenting any change made that you don't like as a "bait and switch". Again, under such a loose definition of the term, literally any and every change ever made to the game would be grounds for a refund. It's that definition which is fraudulent, as you're intentionally misrepresenting changes made with an implicit accusal that there was some sort of agreement made by CG/EA stating that they wouldn't ever make chromium exclusives buyable, or change how GW shipments are refreshed, or how the Arena ranking affects GW. At no point was there ever a legal agreement made stating that CG/EA would ever honor what you're referring to in your claims. To state otherwise is fraud.

But again, the definition of what's provable in court and what you need to prove to Google/Apple/your bank is very very different. You'll be allowed to get away with it, like I said, because none of the parties that would be looking at your complaint would have any vested interest in denying it to you, yet all vested interest in keeping you happy.

The typical result of doing things like this is that you get your money back, up to the limit that, say, Google has already set, which is then taken from the company making the game. After that happens, they're usually looking over the transaction reversal to see if it's legitimate, and then they'll take action based on the accuracy of the claim being purported. As you've stated that you want to use unofficial comments voluntarily made to help the community, I hope that you're successful, that you get all money you spent on this game back, and you cut your losses and quit.

I am sorry I called you a child, though. You're right, such language doesn't have any place here.
  • Options
    Still feel de-frauded by EA and duped. I was tolerant when I spent 50 bucks for Bariss and they destroyed her. Ive been patient with Ventriss who I also payed for not working as advertised, but this GW debacle was the last straw. I am sure I'll get my money back and will be delighted to be banned from a game that has become duller than watching paint dry. Never spent any real money on a game before. I'll never give this dreadful company one more penny. Hope people getting refunds and 1-starring them makes them wake up.
  • analogkid76
    2 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hi everyone –

We wanted to have an open conversation with you all regarding the recent change to Galactic War. We made the change to bring the feature back into alignment with its original design vision.

Clearly this one change has driven a ton of forum activity. While many folks have said they like the change to Retreat, many others are quite unhappy about it.

So, let’s talk about it.

Ok, where to begin...

First let me say that I agree that the old GW needed to be "fixed". By exploiting the design flaw of the way the retreat used to work, it was relatively easy to complete GW.

However, now? Most days of the week it's impossible for me to complete. The match making appears to be horribly broken.

Take today as an example. I took my 25 characters into GW, who range from level 33 to 55 and did OK up until node 10. Node 9 required maybe half a dozen retries using different squad compositions... ok, fine... this I can live with.

At node 10 all progress halted. I tried every single combination of my "good" characters who number about 8 - 10, and no matter who I put in, in what configuration, I was unable to complete node 10.
    My poor level 55 guys got destroyed by a group of 63 characters with purple gear.
    I then proceeded to have the rest of my 25 characters blown to bits in a desperate bid to at least... finish this one node and maybe get some ability mats out of it so that all the time I had spent trying to get past this node were not completely wasted. Sadly, my time was indeed wasted.

How is this fair?
    Why on earth should I be facing such an OP squad at node 10? At node 11? Node 12? MAYBE... but even there I would complain since clearly it's not POSSIBLE for me to complete this currently.

I'm an FTP player. Quite frankly I hate the FTP model. I would much rather buy the game outright and not have to worry about facing a bunch of people who just love to pour money into their squads, causing an impossible matchup situation for those who choose to spend their money on other things like, oh, I don't know... food? mortgages? diapers for their kids?

Yup, I'm dating myself. But that's also my point. Is this game only supposed to be fun for 20 somethings who have nothing better to do with their money?

I would MUCH rather pay $50. Once. And be done with it. Face an even playing field where I know the opponents I'd be facing would be a fair challenge and not have the odds impossibly stacked against me.

Change the match up logic so that the gap would closer to 3-5 levels instead of the 8 that I currently face at node 10 and maybe I'll keep playing... but for now I feel like I'm wasting my time and this is no longer fun.

• Options
    I have won more after the change. So I dunno. It hasnt impacted me in a bad way.
  • ckl
    18 posts Member
    Options
    I like the new system. A 5* or 6* squad can expect maybe 10 shards out of GW In order to win GW the developers have designed it where you need at least 10-15 six star and up toons.
  • Options
    I still don't understand the artificial link to arena ranking in determining GW match up. Power of your top 5 or even top 10 characters? Sure.

But why arena ranking? If you got on a server early and took a break or are f2p but about up the arena ranks early before the whales showed up, you are getting absolutely hosed.

If anyone can give a reason (other than greed and trying to make people p2p) why this makes any sense whatsoever, I'd love to hear it.

• ccfoo
    154 posts Member
    Options

This system is pretty messed up! The system actually punishes people for having 7*
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    As a F2P player I managed to beat GW about 20 times. Since the game update I've been slaughtered every time I gave it a go. Only need 10 Lumi shards to get her to 7*...

So EA, please reduce the difficulty of GW! :expressionless:

Just reload and try other sequence of actions till you get the optimal result. Do you not realise that CG has actually done you a favour and made GW easier with the infinite reload?

I don't have time for that, I can only spend about half an hour a day on games.. I just quit playing GW.
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    Hi everyone –

We wanted to have an open conversation with you all regarding the recent change to Galactic War. We made the change to bring the feature back into alignment with its original design vision.

Clearly this one change has driven a ton of forum activity. While many folks have said they like the change to Retreat, many others are quite unhappy about it.

So, let’s talk about it.

Ok, where to begin...

First let me say that I agree that the old GW needed to be "fixed". By exploiting the design flaw of the way the retreat used to work, it was relatively easy to complete GW.

However, now? Most days of the week it's impossible for me to complete. The match making appears to be horribly broken.

Take today as an example. I took my 25 characters into GW, who range from level 33 to 55 and did OK up until node 10. Node 9 required maybe half a dozen retries using different squad compositions... ok, fine... this I can live with.

At node 10 all progress halted. I tried every single combination of my "good" characters who number about 8 - 10, and no matter who I put in, in what configuration, I was unable to complete node 10.
    My poor level 55 guys got destroyed by a group of 63 characters with purple gear.
    I then proceeded to have the rest of my 25 characters blown to bits in a desperate bid to at least... finish this one node and maybe get some ability mats out of it so that all the time I had spent trying to get past this node were not completely wasted. Sadly, my time was indeed wasted.

How is this fair?
    Why on earth should I be facing such an OP squad at node 10? At node 11? Node 12? MAYBE... but even there I would complain since clearly it's not POSSIBLE for me to complete this currently.

I'm an FTP player. Quite frankly I hate the FTP model. I would much rather buy the game outright and not have to worry about facing a bunch of people who just love to pour money into their squads, causing an impossible matchup situation for those who choose to spend their money on other things like, oh, I don't know... food? mortgages? diapers for their kids?

Yup, I'm dating myself. But that's also my point. Is this game only supposed to be fun for 20 somethings who have nothing better to do with their money?

I would MUCH rather pay $50. Once. And be done with it. Face an even playing field where I know the opponents I'd be facing would be a fair challenge and not have the odds impossibly stacked against me.

Change the match up logic so that the gap would closer to 3-5 levels instead of the 8 that I currently face at node 10 and maybe I'll keep playing... but for now I feel like I'm wasting my time and this is no longer fun.

True, GW became way too hard for FTP players after the update
    SWGOH.gg profile - Our guild, 3720 to 1, has 1 spot open! [49/50].
  • Options
    ilyanor wrote: »
    Po6oT wrote: »
    Anraeth wrote: »
    Po6oT wrote: »
    Second day in a row I meet this squad in GW and I have no idea how to beat it. My 66lvl A team has max geared 7* toons and it gets wiped out without any chance.
    Is it supposed to be unbeatable??

I deal with these teams every day, I'm also 66. Here is how I do it, send in a fodder team and laugh as Poe blows his taunt, and QGJ and the others blow there cool downs on single targets. No AoE damage so now that their abilities are on cool down, you send in your A team wipe them up.

The problem is that by the time I reached them I lost my B team and all toons higher then 60 lvl.
    Previous squad was not as strong but had 7* Leia....

i can feel the pain, it happened the same thing to me, lev 65 vs this: http://postimg.org/image/i6qlucwvf/
    2 days in a row.. the same opponent.. Sometimes happens..
    ?
    And this isnt a computer generated team?
    Who plays the Galactic War without at least one healer?
  • LukeSkywalker420
    460 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I am FTP at a bad transitional level and have won more after the update. So i am not sure how it is too hard.
  • Options
    Hi all;

I am a relatively new player here. First F2P game I've spent money on. Never intended on spending money on a F2P game, but got **** in, it can be addicting! Anyway, I've spent about $100 (Canadian) and don't regret it. I don't buy packs after I bought 5 to start and got squat (Greedo and kit fisto 2 star). Not planning to spend much more if any, maybe just the daily 100 crystal thing.

Anyhoo, on to the topic at hand. I LOVE GW. It's my favorite part of the game. I love it more since the update getting rid of the retreat to remove debuff thing. I complete it most times, but I have failed a couple times since the update.

I think maybe the problem is people expect to beat it every time. I don't think this would be good design. The mode should be a challenge to overcome. In fact I would be in favour of making it longer and harder (that's what she said) so finishing is a rarer occurrence. I guess I can see people taken aback by the random difficulty (some days is definitely tougher) but I like it - makes it more exciting not knowing what is waiting for you in the next node.

The fact of the matter is you don't lose anything by taking the challenge. If you only get to node 8, you still have the rewards from node 1-7!

I had the most epic match today. Ran into the customary node 7 difficulty spike on a dps opponent 8 levels higher than me. I don't have a huge bench, my A team is a droid composition for arena, so I have to maintain a couple healers to bring to GW, and I have a couple extra B guys. Lost 4 characters on node 7 and figured, there is NO way I am going to finish today. Was irritated, but OK with it. I fight a couple more battles with no losses, then run into another battle I can't finish without losses. Lose 2 more. I have no bench left, I am bringing in a crappy Jawa, and.... then I realize I unlocked Darth Vadar today via achievements. So off I go. Of course I am saving for 7 star upgrades, money is tight, a million bucks or so to level to 60.... can't justify it, decide to skimp and get DV to 43. Blow a bunch of mats on gear upgrades and off we go. I absolutely limp through the last couple fights, replaying each 4-5 times to get the optimum result, and manage to clear the whole thing. Took me around 2 hours, and I had to spend a bunch of cash I was saving for future upgrades, but that was a fun time. This is the one I will happily remember because it was challenging and unexpected.

other thoughts

1. I don't think arena rank matters. Really, I have read that it does, but I have been high in my arena for some time, and I have still noticed a large variation in GW difficulty, implying its more random than dependant on rank.
    2. I find a diverse team is needed. I wonder if people who have trouble clearing don't have enough high dps. Just a thought but I find sometimes I need a slow team to milk my skill recharges and heals, other times I need to clear a couple enemy dudes like GS, Rey, IG86 asap
    3. There have been other times as well I have had to stop my focus on my pvp team to focus on the GW team to have a better shot there. This adds to the choices and the agonizing on where to put your resources. Makes things interesting.

Thanks for reading if you got this far. Cheers.
  • Options
    Today my last match was against all lvl 55's 4-5* and I am 60 5-6*. So even though i lost some key members along the way (7* sidius few nodes back) i ended up winning GW today woohoo.
  • Options
    I now start seeing Level 66+ (my current level) 6* and 7* only teams after node 4 or so. It is finally more of a challenge.

My main 7 players that I rotate in are all almost geared and starred, I guess it's time to gear and star more players to ensure daily completion (kinda the point of the game mode).

I also get the frustration of players, GW went from a face roll clear with the old retreat system + FC and easy match-making, to something quite different in a matter of weeks. Once people expect their daily rewards and they are taken away, frustration ensues.
  • Red_Glare
    106 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Guess i'll share my two cents... Except the first 2-3 gw i've done (late december) i've yet to NOT complete a gw. Before i've done my share of retreat - submit ticklers to reset cooldown - get ready for next fight, now i just sub Lum(L) 7*g7, sid 7*g8, gs 5*g8, ig86 4*g7 and juggling between daka 4*g7 and jc 5* g8 (all level 63) and just breeze through all battles except last two (where if i'm seeing dooku or higher level purple toons i sacrifice poe 4*g8 or chewie). As long as i can remember, the only time i felt forced to retreat is when ig86 bites the dust too early, but i think i can manage even if i lose him in the 6 - 7 battles.
    I must say that even if before gw was more strategical and pushed me to use even the most pathetic toons in my roaster (i'm looking at you, ig100) i get the feeling that now is easier, maybe just because this setup really encourage you to burst throught with an A team but that's something i could've done before. Obviously, facing weak teams really helps.
    FYI, i start to encounter purple team 2-3 level above me from the seventh - ninth battle but still have yet to meet a proper roadblock.Also, i'm always top 50 in my server,if anyone is wondering.

Here's my common gw
    http://i.imgur.com/vOaAS18.jpg
    Post edited by Red_Glare on
  • Options
    Red_Glare wrote: »
    Guess i'll share my two cents... Except the first 2-3 gw i've done (late december) i've yet to NOT complete a gw. Before i've done my share of retreat - submit ticklers to reset cooldown - get ready for next fight, now i just sub Lum(L) 7*g7, sid 7*g8, gs 5*g8, ig86 4*g7 and juggling between daka 4*g7 and jc 5* g8 (all level 63) and just breeze through all battles except last two (where if i'm seeing dooku or higher level purple toons i sacrifice poe 4*g8 or chewie). As long as i can remember, the only time i felt forced to retreat is when ig86 bites the dust too early, but i think i can manage even if i lose him in the 6 - 7 battles.
    I must say that even if before gw was more strategical and pushed me to use even the most pathetic toons in my roaster (i'm looking at you, ig100) i get the feeling that now is easier, maybe just because this setup really encourage you to burst throught with an A team but that's something i could've done before. Obviously, facing weak teams really helps.
    FYI, i start to encounter purple team 2-3 level above me from the seventh - ninth battle but still have yet to meet a proper roadblock.Also, i'm always top 50 in my server,if anyone is wondering.Maybe i'll post some screenshots tomorrow

There is a big difference in the kind of teams you face when you are "top 50" versus "top 3".
  • Options
    DarthThai wrote: »
    I had a team of lvl 59s thrown at me on my 5th battle this morning, got past them but taken out by the next team of my equal lvl of 56's.. It does seem a little off, i say that because I was just starting to clear gw's and rarely would face 59's until my last 2 battles.

Just wait. It will get worse, the higher level you get. :D

Although the devs/mods probably tuned out of this thread by the 5th page, I think it's important to note how many people in the beginning of this thread were saying the change is fine, and how it shifts to more and more negative as time goes by and the thread gets longer.

Furthermore, it should be noted how many posters in this thread have only posted 1 or 2 times in total on the forums, have posted negative feedback. I imagine a large portion of these posters were infrequent visitors to the forums, and probably hadn't even registered a name. Meaning, the GW fiasco was so egregious that tons of people went through the trouble to come to the forums, register, and seek out this thread simply to voice their displeasure with the change.

If you stop to think about it, with this evidence, maybe the decision to change it wasn't the best move.

I have been absent about 4 days but have read mist of it. Complaints are about matchmaking, and many are related to dmg/HP rates and whales with 7*s Rey, GS, FOTP, QGJ PLUS Poe. Teams like this exploit (legaly and with no derogatory meaning) the huge imbalances in the game, turning strategy game into....

GOSH DIMN CHEAP ACTION SHOOTER.

The game sould not state turn based or strategy in the description. As addictive as the mind-blowing psycho-meta might be, there is little strategy actually, and Arena and GW could simply be replaced by a charged dice. Actually mist of the game could be just ONE "Auto-Sim Everything" so we can get over to other things as we collect the toons we are actually wanting to.

• Options
    Lost my A team on battle 8 today. It's getting worse as I rise in level
  • Options
    I could not complete GW yesterday for the first time. Lost all my toons in node 11. So today I changed my strategy, I upgraded Lumi's leadership skill all the way up, so that I get that extra heal each turn. Even though I do not run a single Jedi in my team it helped a lot. I have a high DPS lead by Sid but higher level when you face starred and double purpled Doku, Sid, FOTP, Daka, Qui Gon in a single team, you need to think how life is unfair lol. I could complete somewhow with this strategy, but do not know how long I can hold up.
  • nokoryous
    19 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Over the last 5 days I have been pulling at my hair as I get stuffed over and over on GW as early as node 5. Yet...I've won every war. Some of the wars took me like 2 hours to solve, and it's hard to say if it was luck or balance that got me through, but a few things I seem to be seeing:

1. GW is no longer (almost ever) beatable without losing some key toons and/or a suicide squad. I have 10 dead characters on average by node 12. **If somehow you still don't know that at the end of a lost battle, the enemy team freezes with their current HP and cool downs til the next fight, now you know.** I retreat CONSTANTLY on hard fights until I have an outcome that I feel is manageable for progress. This is particularly useful because...

2. Your hardest fight is no longer always node 11 or 12. My team (lv 58) has faced a 64 squad at node 7, then a 55 squad at node 12 at times in the last 3 days. It requires a huge act of faith sometimes, but I've let 3 guys on my A-team die in like round 8 or 9 and puttered into a victorious finish because it ended up being the most difficult battle in the war. You don't always know when you'll face another crazy tough squad, but in the last few days, it has seemed to me that when you fight the juggernauts early, they don't show up in such great force at the end, and that possibly the aggregate power level of every war is fairly even, with a few really hard fights in each.

Despite the rule of 3's, I'm going to stop there. Those are the main things. I'd like to know if others have noticed this, and I leave room for the possibility that I'm due to hit a wall soon. But it's been pretty fun overall really. I've wanted to break my iPad over my knee a few times as well. But that's why we have self-control :)
  • Options
    FlyPhish wrote: »
    There is a big difference in the kind of teams you face when you are "top 50" versus "top 3".

I'm actually more of top 15-ish than top 50, and in that tier i face from the occasional hk droid team, high end "goodstuff" team (all 7* phasma led team with lumi,sid,kylo and etcetera) and the poe-QGJ-FOTP nightmare teams, and all of that from levels 64 - 68. So no, there isn't that much of a difference between composition of teams

• Options
    Let me start by saying that I state the following being both a Paid and Free player. I pay on my iPad and play free on my Android device. I've spend probably somewhere between $100-$200.

Honestly, the thing that ticked me off the most about recent changes is the fact that they switched out War Tokens being the refresh currency with gems. GW was the only reason I was able to compete as a free player because I happened to get some lucky character drops in my free cards and I could use GW to level them up and be somewhat competitive. Now, having to wait the ridiculous 6 hour timer for it to refresh without spending gems, I may as well uninstall on my free account. This change SUCKS for free players and as a paying player also, I can see the direct disadvantage.

The same goes for Arena. Everybody should get the same amount of Arena matches and that's it. Being able to purchase more with gems makes Arena Pay to Win and complete bull. At least GW allowed free players to tier up their characters in a timely manner, but now EA and CG have taken that away in favor of money. Should have seen this coming with EA's history of greed.
  • Options
    Still want you guys to change it back
This discussion has been closed.