Recent change to Galactic War - open conversation

Replies

• Options
    @Starjumper know that feeling :)
    Me 55 Opponents 65 67 60% PURPLE.

Was fighting at GW today, balance was ok moderate get killed after 10 fights.

BUT DO YOU SEE

REFRESH IS NOW AGAIN FOR 50 CRYSTALS.
    I know that 45 yellow blizzards are for free know but @EA_Jesse come on.

• Options
    So, since the controversial January GW update I had finished all but 3 heading into yesterdays game update.

Yesterday's was difficult to finish, but after sacrificing an entire B lineup at node 10 to take out a 5* FOTP among a high Crit team fronted by 7* Lumi and 3 other 7* characters - all high gear and Level 70 mind you - I was able to finish the remaining 4 and cruise thru remaining 2 nodes using three healers (Lumi 6*, JC 5*, Daka 5*) along w/ Sid 6* & 86 6* - all at 69 or 70 and gear 7-8, abilities 5-6 across the board.

The I ran into this squad at Node 10:

[Img]http://i.imgur.com/zsbd7MT.jpg[\Img] It took out 2/5ths of my 4 healer squad (all 5 and 6* level 69 or 70, 7-8 gear, abilities 5-6) before I had my first turn. After sid delivered his spin move... It took out sid. Then I got one or two additional moves and ded. It was over so fast I couldnt retreat in time. It was a bloodbath to say the least. I ran b-team out there and took out 86 before that team got eviscerated. Third tier team removed poggle. All totaled... That team took out 27 of mine. I managed just 2. Something has clearly changed.[/img]
  • Monkeyman
    143 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    BlackIrish wrote: »
    Something has clearly changed.
    Yes. You messed up. You shouldn't have run Sid after losing 2 of your squad first up and instead retreated immediately before either trying a different seed or sending one of the two suicide squads you mention into battle.

But clearly you think it's EA's fault because you erred.

If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez
  • Jaybayblay
    233 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    I'm pretty sure you **** in EA pull opponents based on the RANK of SQUAD ARENA because I used to be rank 100+ and clear GW reasonably but few days ago I've been ranking top 10 in my server and you retards give me the hardest opponents AS IF MY A + B SQUAD HAS LVL 8 GEAR and assuming I'd ever have enough credits to even afford getting my level 50 members to level 60+ when I'm only 66 oh and don't forget getting those characters from gear 5-8 to survive. What ever change you guys implemented for GW is stupid as **** because you just rewarded the people who were according to YOU **** 'ABUSING' the system for the longest **** time and punishing everyone else especially the newer players who weren't able to MAX STAR their sidious and luminara for a nerf. Do you **** realize how much real money any sane person would have to spend to have a viable A + B squad to even clear a GW of my level? It's even worse for plebs who are F2P because no **** WAY would they ever be able to afford to clear a GW in my situation and no I'm not going to spend a **** ton of money for a game that HATES giving players CREDITS.
    If anyone thinks the new Keycard Battle is worth it, go **** yourself for being a dumb ****

Here's an example of what I go through and I'm not F2P

OaSi5KX.png

Like okay the FIRST purple chest out of the 4 and I'm going against 4 gear level 8 characters LOL holy **** you guys are so greedy! Oh let me guess the 2nd purple chest will have 5 gear level 8 but less Stars but even higher levels ;)

Also when will you make AI's acknowledge Obi-Wan exists in fights, because out of the hundred battles I've played with Obi-Wan on my team, he'll only get targetted or die if there's him and 1 other toon alive and even that % is rare.. like at this point just get rid of Strike Me Down from his skill-set and don't even add anything else because that's exactly how it feels using him except he never gets targeted, he never gets killed or even low enough HP until there's 2 characters alive, and sure he will get targeted and possibly die if there's 3 characters alive if it's a full **** moon.
    I've recorded over 100 battles with Obi-Wan and the very vast majority of those battles will never utilize Strike Me Down so throw me a **** bone here and get RID OF THAT SKILL so the enemy AI can acknowledge who the **** HE IS

Oh also XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you **** in EA pull opponents based on the RANK of SQUAD ARENA because I used to be rank 100+ and clear GW reasonably but few days ago I've been ranking top 10 in my server and you retards give me the hardest opponents AS IF MY A + B SQUAD HAS LVL 8 GEAR and assuming I'd ever have enough credits to even afford getting my level 50 members to level 60+ when I'm only 66. What ever change you guys implemented for GW is stupid as **** because you just rewarded the people who were abusing the system for the longest **** time and punishing everyone else especially the newer players who weren't able to MAX STAR their sidious and luminara. Do you **** realize how much real money any sane person would have to spend to have a viable A + B squad to even clear a GW of my level? It's even worse for plebs who are F2P because no **** WAY would they ever be able to afford to clear a GW in my situation and no I'm not going to spend a **** ton of money for a game that HATES giving players CREDITS.
    If anyone thinks the new Keycard Battle is worth it, go **** yourself for being a dumb ****

OaSi5KX.png

Like okay the FIRST purple chest out of the 4 and I'm going against 4 gear level 8 characters LOL holy **** you guys are so greedy!
    Also when will you make AI's acknowledge Obi-Wan exists in fights, because out of the hundred battles I've played with Obi-Wan on my team, he'll only die if there's him and 1 other toon alive and even that % is rare.. like can you get rid of Strike Me Down and replace it with some **** since it is hardly ever used in the history of **** ever?

Oh also XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Well that escalated quickly

• Options
    Well today node 2 gives me a team 12 levels higher with a combined 7 more stars. Yea not broken or infuriating at all.
  • Options
    Yeah, the matchmaking was definitely jacked with this patch. I'm player level 69. My guys are all L68. Here is what I pulled for Turn 8... I have tried all manner of combinations to get past this now, but a full squad of 7* opponents for a squad that only has 7*Sid/Lumi with 5*Dooku/JC/Daka... There is simply no contest... The RNG is especially frustrating too, since they dodge every other move I make, making the round impossible to control.

bJEi8Aal.png

I need to take a break before I pop an aneurysm or something.
    SWGoH Ally Code: 988-869-147 GM of [Elite Casual]
    May the Force be with you.
  • Options
    Just want to chime in and say I've had a similar issue over the last couple of days - facing teams 8 levels higher and an estimated 5000 power stronger in the first few battles. Not sure if it's due to the patch or due to a longer-standing pairing algorithm issue that I've somehow managed to avoid until now.
  • Options
    scootle wrote: »
    Yeah, the matchmaking was definitely jacked with this patch. I'm player level 69. My guys are all L68. Here is what I pulled for Turn 8... I have tried all manner of combinations to get past this now, but a full squad of 7* opponents for a squad that only has 7*Sid/Lumi with 5*Dooku/JC/Daka... There is simply no contest... The RNG is especially frustrating too, since they dodge every other move I make, making the round impossible to control.

bJEi8Aal.png

suicide squad and try and hit Poggle. Should at least soak his offence up, Sid's aoe and lumi's special and maybe even Kylo's too before they die.

Then put a squad in and take out in this order Poggle-Sid-Kylo-Lumi-5's.

That's what I would do anyway.

• Options
    Jaybayblay wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure you **** in EA pull opponents based on the RANK of SQUAD ARENA because I used to be rank 100+ and clear GW reasonably but few days ago I've been ranking top 10 in my server and you retards give me the hardest opponents AS IF MY A + B SQUAD HAS LVL 8 GEAR and assuming I'd ever have enough credits to even afford getting my level 50 members to level 60+ when I'm only 66 oh and don't forget getting those characters from gear 5-8 to survive. What ever change you guys implemented for GW is stupid as **** because you just rewarded the people who were according to YOU **** 'ABUSING' the system for the longest **** time and punishing everyone else especially the newer players who weren't able to MAX STAR their sidious and luminara for a nerf. Do you **** realize how much real money any sane person would have to spend to have a viable A + B squad to even clear a GW of my level? It's even worse for plebs who are F2P because no **** WAY would they ever be able to afford to clear a GW in my situation and no I'm not going to spend a **** ton of money for a game that HATES giving players CREDITS.

OaSi5KX.png

Like okay the FIRST purple chest out of the 4 and I'm going against 4 gear level 8 characters LOL holy **** you guys are so greedy! Oh let me guess the 2nd purple chest will have 5 gear level 8 but less Stars but even higher levels ;)

Also when will you make AI's acknowledge Obi-Wan exists in fights, because out of the hundred battles I've played with Obi-Wan on my team, he'll only get targetted or die if there's him and 1 other toon alive and even that % is rare.. like at this point just get rid of Strike Me Down from his skill-set and don't even add anything else because that's exactly how it feels using him except he never gets targeted, he never gets killed or even low enough HP until there's 2 characters alive, and sure he will get targeted and possibly die if there's 3 characters alive if it's a full **** moon.
    I've recorded over 100 battles with Obi-Wan and the very vast majority of those battles will never utilize Strike Me Down so throw me a **** bone here and get RID OF THAT SKILL so the enemy AI can acknowledge who the **** HE IS

I full agree with u

EA are ****ing all fo us... This new GW is ridiculous and impossible to finish. Today I was playing GW and in my 3rd match I've fought against a OP team (all with 7* and lvl 67 and my lvl 61 with 5/6*). **** EA... I'll stop to play this ****ing game that I loved so much.

**** EA!!!!

• Options
    1. i'm not here to complain, but to explain my point of view.
    2. In the last 2 days (since the patch) GW has been very difficult for a lev 70F2P as me, too. Facing maxdps-teams since battle 5-6 is really really hard.. i can complete it, only because i have many toons leveled up, but for a newbie of this game(or simply a lev 60player) i think it's impossible.. and obviuosly i have 9-10 toons maxed because i ve completed lots of time my GW.. in this way Capital Games is increasing the gap between new players and older ones..
  • scootle
    237 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Monkeyman wrote: »

bJEi8Aal.png

suicide squad and try and hit Poggle. Should at least soak his offence up, Sid's aoe and lumi's special and maybe even Kylo's too before they die.

Then put a squad in and take out in this order Poggle-Sid-Kylo-Lumi-5's.

That's what I would do anyway.

Yeah, I haven't had to B-squad-kamikaze often, but this go-around required it. Did as you suggested and after a half dozen tries with my blue-geared B-team (Han/Poe/Talia/FOTP/5's), managed to kill off that pesky Poggle before they expired. That was pretty much the linchpin of that entire lineup.

Just finished clearing this GW pass now. Carry on! :)

Thanks.

• Options
    MrClean621 wrote: »
    I DID IT!! I finished for the 5th time!! Halfway to the 10 achievement! At the current rate I will make it in a few weeks.

One thing I noticed. Sometimes you will have your chars in a certain order and you will be getting creamed. If you simply leave the exact same chars in but experiment with their positions suddenly you can find an order where it works better. The AI will often attack a specific position and not necessarily a specific toon. Also you can make a big difference with chars that get an assist if you pay attention. If the assist is coming from a low damage toon and you are not quite getting that finishing blow then try putting a high DPS char in that position. The assist will come from the same spot. Of course this doesn't always work because you could stick a Jedi against Sid and he could dodge them. Or the move could cause the AI to attack differently.

I guess this is what I don't like about GW. There is really nothing random from move to move. There is a predetermined "best" set of moves that you can perform. I don't think it necessarily means that you can win every battle everyday but there is still a best case scenario. The problem is that most of us don't have the kind of time needed to first figure out the best set of toons and then also figure out the best sequence of events.

Today I had a battle where at first I was getting destroyed. I swapped out one char and the sequence changed. I then kept memorizing every move and managed to get deeper and deeper into the battle. Memorize...retreat...swap positions Memorize.... Retreat... Swap positions.... The exact same battle that I was getting annihilated in I managed to win only losing one toon and the rest in pretty good health with cooldowns in a reasonable place.

The last couple of nodes I was down to 4 of my 5 main chars and one second stringer. The difficulty settled down a bit and I escaped the last node with only 3 in tact.

Still... Seems like a lot of "work" and time to try to figure out everyday.

Yeah, it's hard to discern if the fixed memory-style gameplay is the intended mechanic at this point with GW, since that's what it takes to cross some overly difficult matchups. It's one thing to face a team higher level/power/stars than you, a whole different level of difficulty when you are already injured and on cooldowns.

Again, not having cooldowns clear while a character is on the bench is beyond frustrating.

• Options
    Since it's opened up for feedback, I'm adding my 2 cents. The GW bug fix was fine, but game play is way out of balance now when I'm faced with teams of higher level heroes that are 6 and 7 stars (mine are only 5 right now) on the 2nd battle. It's tedious trying to fight through it 7 different ways. I have better things to do. Games should be challenging but fun. You drained the fun and piled on the challenge. Pass for now, hope you fix it.
  • LordTaz
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Thank you EA!!!
    Today, first time when i remained in top 100 in squad arena, and what do it get when i reset Galaxy War??

image.jpg

So i wasn't able to defeat not even the first!!! opponent. Tried with decoy team and after that team A and B....i lost. The opponent is better than my main team.

I can get it to make GW harder, but not impossible!

So think first before saying that GW is ok...
  • Options
    The currency change for refreshes in GW makes sense, BUT....what am I going to do with an odd number of credits in the GW section now?
  • Options
    Im currently level 61, with only 1 character at level 60 with purple gear, most my toons are between levels 54-58 and are 5*. So I'm on node 7 today, and I have to battle 4 7* purple gear (Phasma, Sid, Lumi, and Kylo) and 1 5* purple gear (Dooku). And how is this fair again?!?!
  • Options
    I am so glad I am not the only one just being completely destroyed in GW. I am facing a bunch of strong teams and can barely get to battle 6.
  • Options
    GW become boring i think. Always fight Phasma lead Dooku, lumi, sid and one other, with Phasma adn Dooku showdown their superior bonus attack
    TNR Rey of Hope, Heroic Raid 36/50
  • CPMP
    974 posts Member
    Options
    LordTaz wrote: »
    Thank you EA!!!
    Today, first time when i remained in top 100 in squad arena, and what do it get when i reset Galaxy War??

image.jpg

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA XD
  • Options
    Told you Guys all that Stuff 3 Days before!

I will bet they will change it after the Yoda Event.

You do not farm any jedis now at GW after the event I bet there is everything normal.

It's a trick...

50 Crystals to refresh

We all said no!!! They bringt it back.

They know we will farm a Jedi at GW so they stopped it.

but hell yeah we can buy some jedis hahaha no way...

Cantina shards are also lesssssss after the update guess what so you can't Farm a Jedi quick enough.

• Options

bJEi8Aal.png

Same issue here. I haven't seen anything like it in 2.5 months of playing.
  • Options
    DarkVader wrote: »
    Started GW today, it feels way harder than it needs to be. Is it just RNG for today or are others running into this post patch?

+1....big time!
  • Options
    Same for me today, node 8 I come accross all gear 8 7* lvl 70's. I'm player level 69 with 1 lvl 66 4* gear 8, 1 62 5* gear 8, 1 lvl 62 6* gear 7, 1 lvl 64 4* gear 7 and 1 lvl 62 4* gear 7. I really can't see how I can pull a team like that as opposition. The highest rank I've reached in Arena is mid 40's.
    Ally Code: 753-789-771
  • Options
    I don't wish to complain but today in GW I was pitted against a team 2 levels higher than mine with several 7 star characters (I have none). Despite all my efforts this team is impossible to beat. I understand this is supposed to be challenging, but completely impossible is very disappointing. Please consider what has been done to GW and the game in general and find a way to keep it challenging without reaching impossibility.
  • Terminex
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    w23RrPw.png
    EQsPaic.png
    Seriously??

I just wanted to add, I understand that this matchup might be beatable, but the level of meta gaming required to do so transcends stupid. Having to sacrifice my B, C, and D teams yesterday to defeat 2 single characters was ridiculous. I've beaten 2 total wars since 1/28, and yesterday required over 100 restarts, and almost every single one of my 40 characters. This is not "challenging", it's bloody ridiculous, and a huge time sink. If this is the kind of time and dedication it takes to beat this everyday, count me out.

P.S. if you losers think I'm gonna drop $60 on CHARACTERS for your MOBILE GAME, dream on. Who do you think you are charging the same price as a AAA game for 2-3 blasted characters??
  • five2zero
    512 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    They did massive AI changes, AI Dooku hits always 2x. Phasma leads ends in 5 or more attacks, up to 10! AI Jedi always hit my Sid, thats 100%! AI most dodge. I ran into a Dooku hit me 5 Times by one turn (with counter)
  • Options
    I think GW is the last straw for me. I'm not complaining and I'm not going to ask for a refund, but gw being literally impossible makes the game not worth it anymore.

I have 16 in purple gear, mostly gear 8 and level 70, but it's still literally impossible. I've spent hours reworking strategy and retreating, but it doesn't matter. I'm just glad I didn't sink too much cash before realizing this. Was fun while it lasted at least.
  • mel
    127 posts Member
    Options
    Simmer wrote: »
    I think GW is the last straw for me. I'm not complaining and I'm not going to ask for a refund, but gw being literally impossible makes the game not worth it anymore.

I have 16 in purple gear, mostly gear 8 and level 70, but it's still literally impossible. I've spent hours reworking strategy and retreating, but it doesn't matter. I'm just glad I didn't sink too much cash before realizing this. Was fun while it lasted at least.

Definitely a lot of effort for 5 shards (if you can even get through 6 nodes). It's also the only part of the game that rewards a decent amount of credits. I'll still play but a lot of the game feels like a chore at this point.

• ChefHaze
    628 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Dear EA. I agree with most of the sentiment here. There should be at least a chance to make it all the way through. But as it is for the last 24 hours, that's just not going to happen. I don't mind all the changes to retreat. I see how you're trying to keep it in line with your original intentions. I also understand that you're trying to get people to get multiple squads into play. But I can put a b squad in to be completely destroyed by someone 9 levels higher than me and be basically back at square one with the A squad. Then they're destroyed too. I like this game, and don't mind spending a little $ every now and again. But having challenges that are pretty much impossible that weren't just 2 days ago, is just going to frustrate me and push me away from the game.

Fellow players, we should just all stop playing the gw. They seem to be paying attention. No one played the keycard battles and now they're gone. If we just ignore gw instead of spending so much more fruitless time playing. They'll probably make it more playable.
This discussion has been closed.