Player Created Galactic War posts - MERGED HERE

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    A better fix would've been to find a way to save buffs and debuffs so people can't retreat then re-enter with the same toons to dupe the system.

We've talked about this, actually. Not sure if/when it can happen though.

@CG_AaronNemoyten Fair enough. I'm genuinely curious though:

How is it more difficult to save the current status of our toons health within the same node and as you progress but not the buff/debuff status?

Also, if you were using feedback from some forum posters about the cheesiness of the existing retreat system to implement change why would you not heed what others were saying about the existing difficulty or why it was a good system? Why was this change pushed out without an accompanying change to the matchmaking system? Any change to a mechanic this fundamental is going to have a huge impact on the bigger picture.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    @d3gauss - thanks. Well, at least people who have a lot of chars have a chance against really tough teams then. Of course, if you lose your starting 5 you are generally hosed anyway. The whole point of retreating was to be able to regroup before that happened.
    I just finished my first GW run since this update. Know how many characters I used? 5. This used to be a mode where it was great fun to try different combos, to swap guys in and out and manage your whole team. Now it's either nearly impossible to complete (for newer players) or a borefest.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • CrossXcalibur
    98 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Fantazy wrote: »
    @CG_AaronNemoyten @EA_Jesse

Then ALSO reset our units cooldowns if we manage to make it through one fight. Right now what used to take 45 minutes - 1 hour of careful planning now takes 1hr+ of trying different setups in the vain hope one can make enough good units survive to try to beat the next node.

I'm facepalming hard at this decision. Did you try to beat 12 teams in GW with your own "f2p-similes" accounts before releasing this change, or did you just go all theory-crafting and said "yeah this concept will make it even"?

It's plainly obvious this wasn't fully tested. Whether or not it's true, it looks like a knee **** response to the whining on the forums over the past week. It is also very hard to believe this wasn't intended to happen now.
  • Nosnibor wrote: »
    It'll soon get changed back when they realise they're losing money. All these high and mighty "I don't use retreat because it's cheating" players probably don't put a penny into the game. Those who do should speak with their wallets and see who the devs agree with then.

The game is supposed to be played without putting a penny into it. Theoretically that is what "free to play" means. I've put just a little money in it but I don't call it cheating, just exploiting something that wasn't meant to be done.

^^^

• d3gauss wrote: »
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Question for anyone who has lost a round in GW now (all 5 died). If you go in with 5 new guys, are the enemies at least still stuck with their cooldowns and health totals?

Yep, you can still throw in lvl 1s to get ai to pop abilities. You just have to let them die.

Great, more reason to keep some at 1. If they're higher, they might contribute to AI cool downs by staying alive longer. So some top guys and some lvl 1 guys.

Nicely done, devs!
  • Just rsstarted GW first match all 60's lu i and dark sidious dies in the first match well they can keep my 8 bucks i spent on this game this game just went to straight ****...
  • Just played the same match 3 times, did the exact same thing 3 times. Same exact results all three times (as expected). Other team was FOTP, Chewy, Daka, and 2 others I didn't care about. I killed FOTP, Chewy, then attacked Daka. Same exact dmg every hit, same exact results every time. After attacking Daka she would raise FOTP and Chewy. So forth time I will just kill Daka first.

NOW I feel dirty and I am totally gaming the system. Please change it back.

I did video it too

Always kill Daka fast or she brings them back. Going for Chewie before her was a mistake.

I'm anti this change BTW, just offering a piece of advice.

I was 8 levels higher than the team so none of it really mattered to me. I was just running a test to show why the new system is flawed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vlYaw6d0vXY

Wow lucky you. I face LVL 60 all purple 6-7* by fight 3 every single march. The first 2 are LVL 60, purple 5-6* with an occasional 7. How do I get a draw of 8 levels lower?
  • dc2484 wrote: »
    What happens if my a squad dies? does the enemy heal fully? or does the damage they received stay?

The damage and turn meters stay
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Wow lucky you. I face LVL 60 all purple 6-7* by fight 3 every single march. The first 2 are LVL 60, purple 5-6* with an occasional 7. How do I get a draw of 8 levels lower?
    Even after all this time, nobody understands the matchmaking in GW, and they haven't clarified. My first team today was level 49. I've been level 60 for a month with several purple 7* characters. *shrug*
  • warmonkey
    1314 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    d3gauss wrote: »
    Question for anyone who has lost a round in GW now (all 5 died). If you go in with 5 new guys, are the enemies at least still stuck with their cooldowns and health totals?

Yep, you can still throw in lvl 1s to get ai to pop abilities. You just have to let them die.

I tried that earlier and that didn't happen. My toons were all dead and unavailable and then going back into battle the opposing team was back at full health with their powers ready to f me up.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Even after all this time, nobody understands the matchmaking in GW, and they haven't clarified. My first team today was level 49. I've been level 60 for a month with several purple 7* characters. *shrug*

Some think that the matchmaking is based off of other teams that fought that mode before you, however I think that if that were true your opponents in GW would have more healers and sometimes just three healers resetting their cooldowns vs a Bariss. Its a big mystery. Pilot had a theory that sounded legit but imo he's wrong
  • This is why I don't spend money on these games. The developers eventually completely ef it up and take the fun out of it. It just comes down to greed.
  • Song
    863 posts Member
    I love this update.. so i dont expected to completed all 12battles.

Atleast i think i can get down to 9 battles or 800Tokens.

• Just played the same match 3 times, did the exact same thing 3 times. Same exact results all three times (as expected). Other team was FOTP, Chewy, Daka, and 2 others I didn't care about. I killed FOTP, Chewy, then attacked Daka. Same exact dmg every hit, same exact results every time. After attacking Daka she would raise FOTP and Chewy. So forth time I will just kill Daka first.

I did video it too

Always kill Daka fast or she brings them back. Going for Chewie before her was a mistake.

I was 8 levels higher than the team so none of it really mattered to me. I was just running a test to show why the new system is flawed.

Running my own tests after hearing from others. BEFORE this patch this was EXACTLY the same with force close. If you follow the same pattern of attacks without changing your team members (prior to update) it will ALWAYS happen EXACTLY the same. I heard about this and tried it my self to make sure and have been able to duplicate the same exact procs for an entire match about 20 times before I go bored. Never reported it because I always found the force close to be an exploit and haven't ever needed to use it really. (been fairly luckish with opponents). Something is coded funny with procs. Its VERY clear that the game doesn't do proc rolls during each attack but maybe procs every possible outcome before the match? Not sure but example being if I take Lumi on first turn and use force block and it evades, if I force quit and try again, there is NO calculation by the game at the point of pushing the button, it would miss 100% of the time. It might however, hit someone else if I force quit and attack another.
  • Before commenting on the new patch and it's changes for GW, I tried to accomplish GW without retreating for over an hour now - I'm stuck at stage 7. I can tell it's not much fun watching your team being destroyed by 7* Sid and 4*Vader with 5*Phasma as leader. Oh I forgot to mention JC and Cheewi healing/taunting, all lvl 60 and purple Gear.
    Without a bunch of highly leveled, geared and starred characters it'll be nearly impossible to beat GW for the most time.
    Besides it takes a lot of time just to finish off one table - I can say for myself that I won't have the time to do so, but that's my problem.

In my opinion the gap betwee F2P and P2P player will increase even more and I guess that's what EA supposedly intended. It's all about the money, nothing more and nothing less.
  • Well, we were promised a game-changing update.
    In fairness, they never claimed it'd be an improvement.
  • GW is supposed to be end game content, a gauntlet of hard arena matches. The npc basically tells you you need a lot characters to do it, yet you think your supposed to do it with one team? The whole reason they reward you at each stage and not at the end only is because your not supposed to be able to finish it until you have built up a lot of the characters. You guys have been cheesing your way through and now when it finally gets fixed the way it should have worked from the beginning you get angry. It is only one month into the game, if your f2p your not meant to win. You have to farm and level all the characters that is the main reason there are so many. If you want to level one team only stick to arena. It is going to take a lot of time but honestly it should feel like a huge a accomplishment like almost beating the game, not like a daily chore new players are supposed to finish everyday.
  • DeltaOne wrote: »
    Just played the same match 3 times, did the exact same thing 3 times. Same exact results all three times (as expected). Other team was FOTP, Chewy, Daka, and 2 others I didn't care about. I killed FOTP, Chewy, then attacked Daka. Same exact dmg every hit, same exact results every time. After attacking Daka she would raise FOTP and Chewy. So forth time I will just kill Daka first.

I did video it too

Running my own tests after hearing from others. BEFORE this patch this was EXACTLY the same with force close. If you follow the same pattern of attacks without changing your team members (prior to update) it will ALWAYS happen EXACTLY the same. I heard about this and tried it my self to make sure and have been able to duplicate the same exact procs for an entire match about 20 times before I go bored. Never reported it because I always found the force close to be an exploit and haven't ever needed to use it really. (been fairly luckish with opponents). Something is coded funny with procs. Its VERY clear that the game doesn't do proc rolls during each attack but maybe procs every possible outcome before the match? Not sure but example being if I take Lumi on first turn and use force block and it evades, if I force quit and try again, there is NO calculation by the game at the point of pushing the button, it would miss 100% of the time. It might however, hit someone else if I force quit and attack another.

@CG_AaronNemoyten in case it isn't supposed to be calculated this way
  • Nicks075 wrote: »
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.
    Nicks075 wrote: »
    Retreat still works it just resets the match, everyone is back to full health or whatever health you had when you started the match.
    Its pretty much is the same as result as force closing. I for one think it was a good idea, if a match doesnt go your, retreat and start again fresh. I lkke it. Plus no more complaints of force closing being cheating.

If this is true, how is that making GW more of a Challenge? It makes it even easier since now you can keep treating till RNG favours you lol... Dooku didn't double Stun? Retreat till he does, Daka didn't revive? Retreat till she does lol...

And you probably have lots of free time and patience, in which free time I don't have = )) I would asume that you are just saying it, not even try for once, let alone doing this all through GW.
  • Very disappointed by this change, can't believe it was not mentioned in the patchnotes, it's a very significant change to the whole GW mechanic...

Just glad I already 7*ed all my GW chars or else this woulda made me puke real hard...
  • Qeltar wrote: »

My matchmaking never changes. First battle I may see 58/59 5* minimum all purples every 3rd day, but pretty much take it to the bank 5-6* lvl 60 purples fight 1 and 2. By the 3rd it is lvl 60 purple 6-7* maybe a 5 here or there idf Barriss or Dooku are in. From there it is all 6-7* purple 60's until the final 3-4 in which I draw lvl 60 purple at least 3 7*, always Sid and Lum at 7 then a random toon or 2 at 7, any not 7 ar 6. This is every march day in and day out. Retreat helped me, a spender with over 2 dozen level 60 toons from 5-6* 2 at 7* get through that march seeing as no heals, no cooldowns between fights. Retreat helped me be able to reset cooldowns and heal some. Did I still walk into fights damaged and without cooldowns, yes. When your last 3-4 matches look like what is below it is inevitable,lol.

All 7* purple
    QGJ
    Ima
    Secura
    Lum
    Kit

Or all 6-7* purple
    HK
    Poggle
    Poe or Lum

Or all 6-7* Typically 7 on this
    Phasma
    Maul
    Leia
    FOTP
    Poe
  • Reposting from another thread:

Without the tactical retreat, the AI has a huge advantage unless you have a deep bench. I noticed I had to bench my Kylo because he was low on health and I would be fighting with a weakened squad as I won't be able to bring in a substitute in case he dies before I can heal him up. And he did, lol, 3 times before getting benched. The AI has a full strength squad while mine is half spent, special attacks recharging and can't take anyone low on health as I won't be able to sub. Basically, if your toons are low on health, they're already dead and cannot be taken in.

That said, finished the war with 2 casualties, Dooku dead, Kylo as good as dead. Daaka's and Finn's stuns carried me halfway and Lumi the rest. Got much easier opponents compared to last few matches that I remember.

Despite my deeper bench, apart from my A squad, none of them have any proper synergy. And without being able to sub toons, I don't see how I'll even reach halfway if I get my regular opponents, 7 starred, purple gear, lvl 60 synergised squads from the 3rd to 4th matches onwards. My A squad is not all 7 starred.

@elFlaco, lol, 4 starred toons won't last one match if you get my usual opponents in GW.

Why would you be able to get through 12 battles with just one properly leveled team and weak support? I have a similar problem, but must solve it somehow. I am at lesst greatful I can try a different strategy. If they remove the Restart, then it will be mosly imposible. As it is now, it requires more effort and thinking and uncertainty, but still doable.

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    GW is supposed to be end game content, a gauntlet of hard arena matches. The npc basically tells you you need a lot characters to do it, yet you think your supposed to do it with one team? The whole reason they reward you at each stage and not at the end only is because your not supposed to be able to finish it until you have built up a lot of the characters.
    And yet before I used 10 or 12 characters to complete, because I didn't force-close and had to be careful with strategy. Today I did it with 5.
    You guys have been cheesing your way through and now when it finally gets fixed the way it should have worked from the beginning you get angry.

I'm unhappy because I WASN'T "cheesing my way through", I was using strategy appropriate to a war (retreat and regroup, and manage resources) and that was taken away and I was told that "cheesing" is the only possible tool available now.
    They could have put in a reasonable solution for force-closing -- such as penalizing you for starting a match and then not finishing it, just as they do if you force-close a PvP match. Instead they put in a change that not only doesn't fix the problem, but basically tells everyone to do it.
    This is a case where no action would have been an improvement. The people who were force-closing now are legitimized, and the people who were using proper retreat/rotation strategies are now stuck with a boring game mode, the only part of the game that until now was interesting.
    It's lose-lose all around.
  • Jabberwocky
    1809 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    doob wrote: »
    Well, we were promised a game-changing update.
    In fairness, they never claimed it'd be an improvement.

Exactly right!

I'll be changing my game too, I won't be spending another cent and I've bought every toon pack and 2-3 $25 crystal packages a month.
    Thanks CG, now I have a lot more money for beer.
    Ally Code: 945-699-762
  • Bacon wrote: »
    Imo they chose the easy way out since there is no way they can control when person force closes an app on their device.

If they were able to work up a way to maintain buffs and debuffs between fights and retreats while still keeping the old retreat function as it did before that would be way more fair. Let chewie keep his taunt up if it means I can bring in a different character when one of mine is about to die.

Please consider maintaining buffs and debuffs throughout the war and as a way to level things out instead of this change that adds nothing fun and merely forces people to spread their resources thin in an effort to progress in GW.

How do you maintain a taunt when you cange all chars? How is it ok to send in 1 level toons to "absorb specials"? I know I loked doing that when absolutely needed. But it's not easy to keep it in a state where it still makes sense besides restarting.

• Qeltar wrote: »
    They could have put in a reasonable solution for force-closing -- such as penalizing you for starting a match and then not finishing it, just as they do if you force-close a PvP match. Instead they put in a change that not only doesn't fix the problem, but basically tells everyone to do it.

My only issue with this would have been that my app crashes multiple times a day - which sucks enough when I lose energy because of it...but it would make GW unbearable if I was penalized for the app crashing because it considered it a FC.
  • Barrok wrote: »
    Barrok wrote: »
    The game predetermines the moves. If you start a match with the same 5 players in the same 5 slots, and you make the same moves, they will play out exactly the same right down to the damage.

Not true. Please stop.

I expect an apology if you prove what I said to be true :)

I don't think anyonenis lying, but in my iOS app the enemy will always respond dodging, or will always stun me, unless I change my team. If Intry again with same team, the "Opening book" stays the same. This helps my enemy, as if I ever Retreat it's because I was crushed and need to use my brain to come up with a different plan.

• I don't think anyonenis lying, but in my iOS app the enemy will always respond dodging, or will always stun me, unless I change my team. If Intry again with same team, the "Opening book" stays the same. This helps my enemy, as if I ever Retreat it's because I was crushed and need to use my brain to come up with a different plan.

@CG_AaronNemoyten already acknowledged that he checked into it more and he was mistaken - there is an RNG seed that does not reset when you would FC - or now with reset - and he apologized for saying that there wasn't.
  • GW is supposed to be end game content, a gauntlet of hard arena matches. The npc basically tells you you need a lot characters to do it, yet you think your supposed to do it with one team? The whole reason they reward you at each stage and not at the end only is because your not supposed to be able to finish it until you have built up a lot of the characters. You guys have been cheesing your way through and now when it finally gets fixed the way it should have worked from the beginning you get angry. It is only one month into the game, if your f2p your not meant to win. You have to farm and level all the characters that is the main reason there are so many. If you want to level one team only stick to arena. It is going to take a lot of time but honestly it should feel like a huge a accomplishment like almost beating the game, not like a daily chore new players are supposed to finish everyday.

+1
  • It's pretty scary that @CG_AaronNemoyten had no idea how the seed formula worked after force restarts (and now retreat) and yet they implemented this change. This sound like the requirements team had no idea what the impact would be if they made this change and didn't test this sufficiently.

Yet were supposed to talent at good faith that this will improve the game.

It's silly. I'm #1 in my arena EST most nights and have been playing since hard launch. I think I've used my knowledge of the mechanics of the game to beat people who regularly dump more money in. I've gotten some bad luck and have never gotten bariss, ewok elder, or Daka so my bench is pretty thin with healers. Now GW won't necessarily be harder than with the retreat button but it's going to be both more aggravating and less interesting.

You've taken the best 'grind' method and made it more Grindy and less fun. People will still complete it. They just won't enjoy it.

GG.