Can Darth Maul be made relevant?

Replies

• Options
    Wholf wrote: »
    neither of us are putting any effort into constructing positive feedback anymore. But I might as well share the work we have already done.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/65950/3-misrepresented-heroes-darth-maul#latest

NGL, this is a pretty good read so far. Regardless, I'll keep talking on this thread, and doing my best to prove Maul can be made viable.
  • Options
    Hobnob wrote: »
    Personally I think the best solution would be a synergy with Savage, both a bit pointless, maybe a Wigs style boost would do the trick. You just never know what the next gear and level cap will do to toons, many an OP toon has come and gone

From what I understand, you're among friends in that hope. A lotta threads want a "Mavage" as well. Personally, I'm disappointed EA/CG saw a connection in Wedge and Biggs more than Maul and Savage.
  • Options
    [/quote]

From what I understand, you're among friends in that hope. A lotta threads want a "Mavage" as well. Personally, I'm disappointed EA/CG saw a connection in Wedge and Biggs more than Maul and Savage.[/quote]

I want to make bad, Better Call "Saul" jokes
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

From what I understand, you're among friends in that hope. A lotta threads want a "Mavage" as well. Personally, I'm disappointed EA/CG saw a connection in Wedge and Biggs more than Maul and Savage.[/quote]

I want to make bad, Better Call "Saul" jokes
    [/quote]

Lol, it's not like @EA_Jesse is gonna stop you.
  • Options
    Only after Boba gets to be made relevant
  • Options
    He was pinacle for my tourney. He's a beast if left unchecked. I had so many fights where the opponents team was all near enough to death that after a EP offense boost he wiped their team. He was cracking out 17k crits on Jedi and about 8-9k crits on everyone else. Plus his AOE basically full heals him.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Saul>Mavage, it's not even a debate!
  • Options
    W/ Maul seemingly taking on a bigger role in season 3 of Rebels, i imagine EA under the Big Mouse will find a way to rework Maul and either make a couple bucks or use him heavily in marketing the game. Wiggs got you down? Better call Saul!
  • Options
    W/ Maul seemingly taking on a bigger role in season 3 of Rebels, i imagine EA under the Big Mouse will find a way to rework Maul and either make a couple bucks or use him heavily in marketing the game. Wiggs got you down? Better call Saul!

Maybe even a new Maul like how they've done with Han. Rebels Maul with a single blade and robot legs. Could be a beast
  • Options
    No!
  • Options
    Why should they make a character all of the whales already have, relevent?

I am going to get banned.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    Valace2 wrote: »

Same goes for Boba. (And he's f2p besides all the crazy gear he needs)

They will only rework maul because of all the crying, it's the only reason they are thinking of doing Boba. So keep crying, as much as you all possibly can, and you might get a rework sometime not-so-soon.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »

They will only rework maul because of all the crying, it's the only reason they are thinking of doing Boba. So keep crying, as much as you all possibly can, and you might get a rework sometime not-so-soon.

Keep crying?

LOL

• Options
    +1 for a rework on one of the coolest chars in Star Wars lore
  • Options

I wasn't crying when I made this thread, nor am I now. I was trying to make him not just a GW King, but useful in Arena as well.
  • Options

Maybe even a new Maul like how they've done with Han. Rebels Maul with a single blade and robot legs. Could be a beast

Sounds like it could work. Make a thread about it, it might blow up in the forums! :smile:
  • Options
    Whoa, wait.... Darth Maul is actually a character in this game? What?!? Since when?
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options

I wasn't crying when I made this thread, nor am I now. I was trying to make him not just a GW King, but useful in Arena as well.

My point is, unless everyone crys and crys, nothing will change. And he won't be relevant.

Anakin only got his buff because of crying. Simple as that.
  • Options
    Wait until new gear drops after cap increase some characters could see a speed increase in thier gear

maul could get a boost here then he'd be a really viable option especially under emp
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I'll be sincere and admit I didn't read all that... but honestly he's not as bad as most people make him out to be..

He should get some lovin for sure and definitely should be a stronger character but as is stands he's really not so bad...

Here's my honest feedback

He does nutso damage... Even more so vs Jedi... I've seen some crazy damage numbers from maul.. He can even hit Lando numbers! (Although only vs Jedi and only for one turn (and not repeatedly))

Full TM on kill? Yes please... Lays waste to any team with multiple Jedi... Maybe? Granted he needs some speed or a TM boost but once he gets going he can cause some problems if things go your way... Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't

Have you tried him as leader in a all Sith team?

I have... and while it can compete it's stil pretty lackluster compared to the teams people are using nowadays... Another pure RNG team that can either do amazing or fail miserably

He could use a reevaluation for sure and needs something to make him the character he should be given his rarity and popularity

Not as bad as people think? I wouldnt know... ive never seen him attack.

Never lives that long
    "May the Schwartz be with you", Yogurt

Guild: -FTB- Reign Of Fate
  • Options
    I used to defend him as balanced but I simply can't anymore. He's got less health, speed, and damage than the wiggs guys so yeah, he definately needs a rework.

Notice how the devs don't give any new character with less than 100 speed anymore even though some of them (*cough* palpatine *cough*) probably deserve it. I take that as their silent little way of saying that they messed up with Maul, and Ashoka, and Assaj.
  • Options
    I used to defend him as balanced but I simply can't anymore. He's got less health, speed, and damage than the wiggs guys so yeah, he definately needs a rework.

Notice how the devs don't give any new character with less than 100 speed anymore even though some of them (*cough* palpatine *cough*) probably deserve it. I take that as their silent little way of saying that they messed up with Maul, and Ashoka, and Assaj.

A very interesting revelation indeed.
  • Options
    They should just change the "speed" stat to "turn order," lol. This way people can take it literally for what it is and stop linking it to the character's agility in lore.
  • Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    Ugh have you played Boba Fett? He is garbage.

I feel like I'm playing a different game than all the Boba haters. He does great for me but somehow he sucks for everyone else.
  • Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    Ugh have you played Boba Fett? He is garbage.

I feel like I'm playing a different game than all the Boba haters. He does great for me but somehow he sucks for everyone else.

He plays ok in relation to the top tier toons. His self revive causes a lot of hate when you seem to get stuck in a loop. For example my Maul kept killing their Boba over and over and over again for a solid 3 minutes. It **** but that just proves that he is useful.
  • Options
    It's very interesting to see that the conversation shifted from Darth Maul to Boba. In the spirit of the original intention of the thread, I'm going to bring up a few characters that could benefit Maul.

Chief Chirpa. His Speed Up will allow Maul to get a taste of what it feels like to be one of the higher ups, albeit for a short period of time. This also applies to Scarif Rebel Pathfinder.

Chief Nebit. His Protection Up, if granted to Darth Maul, will aid in the region that is the least fixable.

Chewbacca. His Health Up will, obviously, increase his longevity as well as his chance to be useful in the Arena. This applies to any character with the same ability.
  • Options
    It's very interesting to see that the conversation shifted from Darth Maul to Boba. In the spirit of the original intention of the thread, I'm going to bring up a few characters that could benefit Maul.

Chief Chirpa. His Speed Up will allow Maul to get a taste of what it feels like to be one of the higher ups, albeit for a short period of time. This also applies to Scarif Rebel Pathfinder.

Chief Nebit. His Protection Up, if granted to Darth Maul, will aid in the region that is the least fixable.

Chewbacca. His Health Up will, obviously, increase his longevity as well as his chance to be useful in the Arena. This applies to any character with the same ability.

Most of this could be achieved by mods alone though. With mods Maul has been made relevant; in certain circumstances. For example I use him in my arena squad and I target people using more than one Jedi; why? Because I can guarantee that 9/10 Maul will kill whatever Jedi it is by his second turn after the rest of my team has gone. After that initial kill Maul gets Offence up which usually make him hit like a truck on his immediate next turn which has crit hit for about 9k on just about everybody. In the case of if the person has more than one Jedi on their team then that set him up for a second consecutive kill due to Jedi typically having low health. This leads to a 3 v 5 fight and from there I usually target who I want dead first and set to auto. Rinse repeat and now I'm consistently breaking into the top 100 whereas before I was lucky to place in the top 200. Maul makes wrapping fight up a breeze and under two tanks such as ShoreTrooper and RG with an EP lead and Vader, Maul usually doesn't get targetted on defence first and that comes back to bite people because of his back to back killing potential. They basically need a healer and that typically is a Jedi and that creates a never ending circle of Maul winning most of the time.
  • Options
    I have had Darth Maul for a long time since he is one of my favorites. I used a health arrow wI think 30 speed on it and then had a health cross with 26 speed as a secondary. Lastly I had a health triangle with 36% crit dmg and I've had DM hit for 34k in arena against Jedi. What I found though was when I left him in for defense I would drop in rankings. I don't think the AI knows how to play him properly.
  • Options
    Well well well.. Looks like Maul meta is upon us
  • Options
    The one thing I don't understand about this game is how seemingly unimportant characters in the movies/series are the meta. I know that to make a team based strategy game you have to even the playing field or DV, EP and Luke would take out everything. What I don't get is how toons who were big characters in the movies like yoda, DV, DM and others are so insignificant in arena.

I also believe that yoda should have a leader bonus that rivals anything else in the game.