Can Darth Maul be made relevant?

Replies

• AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    Ugh have you played Boba Fett? He is garbage. Best character in the Star Wars universe and he is worthless in this game. At least when I see a team with a Darth Maul I make sure I kill him first. When I see Boba Fett I know I can get him last.

Not sure how Fett tied into this but...
    Okay-Waka-Flocka-Meme-04.gif
  • Options
    Mauls speed is in his TM gain, which can take place in his first turn. The problem is he doesn't get a first turn. He needs more hp/protection more than speed.
  • Options
    nah

Guy writes a book trying to explain his point and that's your response lolol
    Priceless, gave me a good chuckle
  • Options
    I don't have Maul, but I've fought plenty. He rarely gets an attack of any kind before dying. Here's what I'd do to buff him:

1) Add 30 speed

2) He somehow survived being cut in half and falling into a bottomless pit. I'd say he deserves a revive added to his passive. "30% chance to revive at 30% health any time he is defeated"

3) Add more protection so he can take a little more damage before dying. Maybe 15 - 20% more protection at each gear level.
  • Options
    Auricius wrote: »
    He needs a resurrection unique!

Yep..... That makes boba fett so much more viable.... Hk too.... People are always farming him because of his resurection ability....
  • Options
    Auricius wrote: »
    He needs a resurrection unique!

Yep..... That makes boba fett so much more viable.... Hk too.... People are always farming him because of his resurection ability....

I'm pretty sure they farm him because he is a cool character or they think he's getting a buff soon
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Got my Maul to g10 today, woot woot. I have about 100 in speed mods I could give him, but I don't think it is worth it.

Though, I am getting a kick out of using him in GW. If he was 120 speed instead of 90ish, he would be a machine. Those last levels he does 30k crits to jedi's... it's so awesome. Having him kill all characters 1 after another is boss mode. I got to figure out how to get him on my arena team :D
  • AimingForGaming
    334 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    CapnnRex wrote: »
    Ugh have you played Boba Fett? He is garbage. Best character in the Star Wars universe and he is worthless in this game. At least when I see a team with a Darth Maul I make sure I kill him first. When I see Boba Fett I know I can get him last.

Okay-Waka-Flocka-Meme-04.gif
    Olle wrote: »
    Mauls speed is in his TM gain, which can take place in his first turn. The problem is he doesn't get a first turn. He needs more hp/protection more than speed.

Which is what I was trying to accomplish with the EP boost and mods.
  • Options
    Zip0zilch wrote: »
    nah

Guy writes a book trying to explain his point and that's your response lolol
    Priceless, gave me a good chuckle

Was a lil bit salty to begin with for that reason, lol, but meh.
  • Options
    SpySinger wrote: »

That was a great watch, and does show just how dangerous he can be, his slow speed is a little disappointing, his low health is balancing his high dmg imo.

---

Vader OTOH, was my biggest disappointment. "Terrifying Swing"? LOL Anything but, his base attack is so weak he is just useless to me. Yes if paired with at least one other debuffing toon he is better, but still he NEEDS a crit on that throw to really be of use, I have hit crit level modded up and it just doesn't really cut it, not the terror he should be at all, I'm sure this is a dead horse by now. However, with Palpatine, Vader really did come more to be what Vader should be, not sure if that applies as much to DM

• Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Maul should have about 90 more speed, and 50% more health+protection
    look a tthis fanfilm to get what he should be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
    fast and agile

This was frgging sweet! Surprised how well done it was for a fan done vid thx for sharing
  • Options
    Maybe he is Mr superfast when lvl 90 max gear is reached
  • Options
    He did get owned, pretty hardcore. I hear he's more interesting in the cartoons.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    SpySinger wrote: »

That was a great watch, and does show just how dangerous he can be, his slow speed is a little disappointing, his low health is balancing his high dmg imo.

---

Vader OTOH, was my biggest disappointment. "Terrifying Swing"? LOL Anything but, his base attack is so weak he is just useless to me. Yes if paired with at least one other debuffing toon he is better, but still he NEEDS a crit on that throw to really be of use, I have hit crit level modded up and it just doesn't really cut it, not the terror he should be at all, I'm sure this is a dead horse by now. However, with Palpatine, Vader really did come more to be what Vader should be, not sure if that applies as much to DM

Honestly I think DM, just like any other character, can be made viable. But you've got to put the effort into it. I'm just hoping people will see this and try it out, like SpySinger did.
  • Options
    theHejiN wrote: »
    Maybe he is Mr superfast when lvl 90 max gear is reached

Lol wouldn't that be ironic. When the race for max level begins, he's just sitting there, already finished. It'd also be a clever move on EAs part, having a character who's not as good when not max level, ergo urging players to max level to obtain this amazing char.
  • Options
    He did get owned, pretty hardcore. I hear he's more interesting in the cartoons.

Who got owned where?
  • Options
    1. 30+ speed
    2. Move evasion up under passive to 1 enemy killed activated and move crit chance to the second enemy - this will help his durability
    3. Grant 100% TM on kill with AOE special in addition to the basic
  • Options
    1. 30+ speed
    2. Move evasion up under passive to 1 enemy killed activated and move crit chance to the second enemy - this will help his durability
    3. Grant 100% TM on kill with AOE special in addition to the basic

Sounds nice, but it won't happen :smile:
  • Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    Got my Maul to g10 today, woot woot. I have about 100 in speed mods I could give him, but I don't think it is worth it.

Though, I am getting a kick out of using him in GW. If he was 120 speed instead of 90ish, he would be a machine. Those last levels he does 30k crits to jedi's... it's so awesome. Having him kill all characters 1 after another is boss mode. I got to figure out how to get him on my arena team :D

That's the whole point of this thread, lol, to make it possible to use him in arena.
  • Options
    Give Darth maul some love he deserves!. He should be meta.
  • Options
    Hopefully, but not realistically. Newer and better characters can just be made.
  • Options

Darth maul is one of the most beloved characters in all of star wars. So you can say newer, but not better. No one qualifies more for a rework than Darth maul.
  • Options
    Hey shore trooper with another tank ( RG, ST Han or Sun fac) just might let Maul get a turn or two. That may be all he needs, since he will go last and be ready to get that 100% turn meter bonus.
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    Hey shore trooper with another tank ( RG, ST Han or Sun fac) just might let Maul get a turn or two. That may be all he needs, since he will go last and be ready to get that 100% turn meter bonus.

That would be an interesting approach. Perhaps Sun Fac, Shore Trooper, Royal Guard and Emperor Palpatine could light the way.
  • Options

Darth maul is one of the most beloved characters in all of star wars. So you can say newer, but not better. No one qualifies more for a rework than Darth maul.

It really depends on who you favor more in the SW universe. Hell, you could ask that JKG gets 200 speed, or the reworks that people ask for in this thread for DM, because the nameless ones are the ones who have the real struggles of the wars in Star Wars. Whatever reason, my point is that I can, I'd just need a different viewpoint.
  • DatBoi
    3615 posts Member
    Options
    It seems like everyone has forgotten what balance is. Everyone is asking for maul to be made a "perfect" toon with great speed, high health, mega damage, etc. But thats called a broken character and defeats the purpose of the game. There have to be extreme glass cannon characters like maul just like there are tank characters like royal guard who have crazy health but low damage. The point of strategy games like this is that every character has compromises, and you address those compromises by building a well rounded team.

I don't think Darth Maul needs a rework. Maybe he could be f2p but you cant give a character that kind of damage and abilities without sacrificing other stats.

I dont know, am I crazy?
  • Jetlife
    1367 posts Member
    Options
    I want too see him under palpi lead, next to shoretrooper. I want him somewhat viable
  • Options
    DatBoi wrote: »
    It seems like everyone has forgotten what balance is. Everyone is asking for maul to be made a "perfect" toon with great speed, high health, mega damage, etc. But thats called a broken character and defeats the purpose of the game. There have to be extreme glass cannon characters like maul just like there are tank characters like royal guard who have crazy health but low damage. The point of strategy games like this is that every character has compromises, and you address those compromises by building a well rounded team.

I don't think Darth Maul needs a rework. Maybe he could be f2p but you cant give a character that kind of damage and abilities without sacrificing other stats.

I dont know, am I crazy?

No, he does need a rework. Not to make him a god, just to make him viable. All these suggestions about giving him speed mods, protection mods, etc. and he'll be fine - wishful thinking. In the real world, base stats matter because with like for like mods he's still going to be the same distance away from the stronger toons by the same factor.

If I give him all my best speed mods, he's still under 200 speed. I can put those mods on a far faster, stronger toon and have a party.

Protection mods - forget it. Unless you have some huge numbers on your secondaries, 20%+ protection won't do anything for Maul. 20% of pretty much nothing is pretty much nothing.

He needs some love, I agree that a Savage synergy would be interesting. Let me be the first to coin the term "Mavage" for when the team becomes OP. :smile:
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    Personally I think the best solution would be a synergy with Savage, both a bit pointless, maybe a Wigs style boost would do the trick. You just never know what the next gear and level cap will do to toons, many an OP toon has come and gone