Maul should have about 90 more speed, and 50% more health+protection
    look a tthis fanfilm to get what he should be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
    fast and agile

I'd enjoy that, but again Neva Gonna Happen. :wink:
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    He needs a major rework. Nothing in the game now makes him good enough. The major rework should include changes to health/speed but also abilities and a major synergy with Savage-I am talking ridiculous proportions of synergy akin to Biggs+Wedge.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    He just needs to be farmable.
  • Options
    Wholf wrote: »

Didn't realize it had been. My mistake, I suppose.
  • Options
    Smapty wrote: »
    I'll be sincere and admit I didn't read all that... but honestly he's not as bad as most people make him out to be..

He should get some lovin for sure and definitely should be a stronger character but as is stands he's really not so bad...

Here's my honest feedback

He does nutso damage... Even more so vs Jedi... I've seen some crazy damage numbers from maul.. He can even hit Lando numbers! (Although only vs Jedi and only for one turn (and not repeatedly))

Full TM on kill? Yes please... Lays waste to any team with multiple Jedi... Maybe? Granted he needs some speed or a TM boost but once he gets going he can cause some problems if things go your way... Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't

Have you tried him as leader in a all Sith team?

I have... and while it can compete it's stil pretty lackluster compared to the teams people are using nowadays... Another pure RNG team that can either do amazing or fail miserably

He could use a reevaluation for sure and needs something to make him the character he should be given his rarity and popularity

He can even hit Lando numbers... Against Jedi only. Lando can chain this ability back to back. Darth Maul? He needs a rework, he is not viable and is outclassed by just about anyone.
  • Options
    He could def do with a rework to make him relevant.

SG
  • Options
    I would love to run a sith squad. Am currently working on SO, but Kylo sucks, I refuse to level Dooku, and DM is P2P only. So this is a distant dream for now...maybe I will sub in Daka or Asajj as the next best thing.
  • Options
    Revenant wrote: »
    Smapty wrote: »
    I'll be sincere and admit I didn't read all that... but honestly he's not as bad as most people make him out to be..

He should get some lovin for sure and definitely should be a stronger character but as is stands he's really not so bad...

Here's my honest feedback

He does nutso damage... Even more so vs Jedi... I've seen some crazy damage numbers from maul.. He can even hit Lando numbers! (Although only vs Jedi and only for one turn (and not repeatedly))

Full TM on kill? Yes please... Lays waste to any team with multiple Jedi... Maybe? Granted he needs some speed or a TM boost but once he gets going he can cause some problems if things go your way... Sometimes they do and sometimes they don't

Have you tried him as leader in a all Sith team?

I have... and while it can compete it's stil pretty lackluster compared to the teams people are using nowadays... Another pure RNG team that can either do amazing or fail miserably

He could use a reevaluation for sure and needs something to make him the character he should be given his rarity and popularity

He can even hit Lando numbers... Against Jedi only. Lando can chain this ability back to back. Darth Maul? He needs a rework, he is not viable and is outclassed by just about anyone.

If his AoE would reset on critical hits like Lando's, he'd be much more viable. He's still too slow.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    I use my gear 9 (almost gear 10) DM in GW for fun. If you time it right, he can kill all 5 people either with his AOE (fun, but not the most fun) or 5 single attacks (lots of fun, unless they dodge!!). Nothing like dropping 1 after another after another. Also, if you have the last two GW battles being easy mode, he can do the same thing (i will actually just have him as my only team member and go to town).
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Barrok wrote: »
    I use my gear 9 (almost gear 10) DM in GW for fun. If you time it right, he can kill all 5 people either with his AOE (fun, but not the most fun) or 5 single attacks (lots of fun, unless they dodge!!). Nothing like dropping 1 after another after another. Also, if you have the last two GW battles being easy mode, he can do the same thing (i will actually just have him as my only team member and go to town).

Yeup! It's a pretty typical pattern I also follow. With DS or Boba lead, Maul can be pretty nasty thru first 6 nodes of GW.
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    nah

Nah? What do you mean Nah?

It's this simple: He's SLOW! Not even the best speed mods will make Maul relevant. By the time it's his turn he can easily be 1 shotted by most every decent toon in the game. He needs to be buffed by EA, plain and simple; Maul was never slow in lore.

He and my Siths do help me get thru the first 6 nodes of GW, tho. :)

If speed is your game, he can be made fairly decent. He sits at max 94 speed. Each max speed set of two gives +10% speed. 30% of 94 = 28 (approx.). 28 + 94 = 122, which is four off of ST Han. Some people he beats in speed terms: Lando, Ackbar, Biggs and Luke, aka part of the Rebel Meta, aka the people Sith/Empire teams would clash against the most.
    Error #1: speed mods require 4 to be effective
    Error #2: if you put the same mod set to other toon who has a higher base speed, hat toon will be viable either, maybe even more

Error #1: Not gonna lie, I didn't take a good enough look at that. I've never fiddled around with Speed Mods, mainly health and critical chance. Regardless, I should have taken a better peek, simply because I never even knew some relied on four to retain a set bonus.

Error #2: I didn't give the same mod set to another toon, simply because there's a diversity in plenty other mods besides health and speed. To list them off, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Defense, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity.

That's terrible logic. So if you build another DPS with crappy tenacity mods or something else stupid, and slap good mods on Maul AND give him offense up, he's almost as good as them? Putting good mods on Maul is like putting a good stereo in a car on fire. Hes slow, squishy and deals mediocre damage. By the time he gets a kill (lol) to get that offense up, Rey with the same mods would have killed 2 characters. Hell, probably more given that shes nearly twice as fast. Maul is only decent against Jedi and seriously needs a boost.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Bossk_Hogg wrote: »
    nah

It's this simple: He's SLOW! Not even the best speed mods will make Maul relevant. By the time it's his turn he can easily be 1 shotted by most every decent toon in the game. He needs to be buffed by EA, plain and simple; Maul was never slow in lore.

If speed is your game, he can be made fairly decent. He sits at max 94 speed. Each max speed set of two gives +10% speed. 30% of 94 = 28 (approx.). 28 + 94 = 122, which is four off of ST Han. Some people he beats in speed terms: Lando, Ackbar, Biggs and Luke, aka part of the Rebel Meta, aka the people Sith/Empire teams would clash against the most.
    Error #2: if you put the same mod set to other toon who has a higher base speed, hat toon will be viable either, maybe even more

Error #1: Not gonna lie, I didn't take a good enough look at that. I've never fiddled around with Speed Mods, mainly health and critical chance. Regardless, I should have taken a better peek, simply because I never even knew some relied on four to retain a set bonus.

Error #2: I didn't give the same mod set to another toon, simply because there's a diversity in plenty other mods besides health and speed. To list them off, Critical Chance, Critical Damage, Defense, Offense, Potency, and Tenacity.

That's terrible logic. So if you build another DPS with **** tenacity mods or something else ****, and slap good mods on Maul AND give him offense up, he's almost as good as them? Putting good mods on Maul is like putting a good stereo in a car on fire. Hes slow, squishy and deals mediocre damage. By the time he gets a kill (lol) to get that offense up, Rey with the same mods would have killed 2 characters. Hell, probably more given that shes nearly twice as fast. Maul is only decent against Jedi and seriously needs a boost.

What you are saying might be true... but using Rey instead of Maul means you aren't using Maul... and Maul is awesome (the Star Wars character, not the in game toon). I want to get Maul on my team just cause Maul is such a sweet Star Wars character!
  • Options
    nah

That's terrible logic. So if you build another DPS with **** tenacity mods or something else ****, and slap good mods on Maul AND give him offense up, he's almost as good as them? Putting good mods on Maul is like putting a good stereo in a car on fire. Hes slow, squishy and deals mediocre damage. By the time he gets a kill (lol) to get that offense up, Rey with the same mods would have killed 2 characters. Hell, probably more given that shes nearly twice as fast. Maul is only decent against Jedi and seriously needs a boost.

What you are saying might be true... but using Rey instead of Maul means you aren't using Maul... and Maul is awesome (the Star Wars character, not the in game toon). I want to get Maul on my team just cause Maul is such a sweet Star Wars character!

I agree, and think he needs a boost. But the OP's brain twisting logic that with mods he rises to an unmodded other character's level so he must not suck is some Chewbacca Defense levels.
  • Options
    nah

LOL! :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Ive fought a couple maxxed out Mauls on EP teams that are pretty beastly. If they get protection (like the RG/STHan Double protection teams) - it can be deadly.
  • Options
    The first thing to consider about about dps is that basically speed=damage, simple as that. So while he might do a small amount more damage per hit than rey (basic attack, and only to a Jedi) rey is still almost technically twice as powerful as him just because of her speed being almost double maul's. Also I'm pretty sure she has more health/prot than him (I haven't checked though) and 2 of her abilities can provide her with foresight giving her insane amounts of survivability compared to DM and depending on RNG (for basic to proc FS) and the rest of your team (taunts to draw fire). I like maul and would love him to be a strong viable choice in multiple area of the game, but the amount of toons that easily outclass him in every aspect coupled with him still being stuck behind p2p just completely ruins him
  • Options
    With the introduction of mods, and the even newer introduction of Palpatine, things have been looking good for Star Wars' real heroes: the Sith. However, can this bring about the use of the glassiest of the glass cannons?

Imo, one of the few things EA messed up about this game was Darth Maul, DM for short. One of the longest surviving badasses in lore, it should have been a duty to EA out of honor (if not, then money, because let's be real here, Maul makes money.) to give him some use, or at least make him farmable, just if only to have him be your bench warmer. But can he be saved? Allow me to explain (AKA throw numbers around to make me look like an smrt).

One of DM's major problems was his health. Even at his max everything, he holds a mere 9883 HP. But with the right buffs, he has plenty.

Now take a look at Palpatine's leader ability. It gives Empire and Sith alike +32% HP (and potency, but that is irrelevant in my claim I'm trying to prove).

Then take a look at mods. Even the weakest mods for health, when maxed, give +15% HP, and that is leaving out a few added percentages that could come with the individual mods, not just the set bonus.

Now for the real number tossing part. 32% of 9883 is 3162.56. 15% of 9883 is 1482.45. Those two percentages added to DM's max hp results in 14528. If you don't believe that's much, allow me to compare. Maxed ST Han has merely less than one thousand HP more, and depending on your individual health mods, the added one to five percent along with it should seal the deal, making Maul as strong as one of EAs best tanks.

You're probably getting ready to type right now, "that takes care of HP, but what about damage?" In which case, I'm glad I/you asked.

You see, his maxed basic attack does 4655 damage, at the very least. However, when given Offense Up (which someone can either give him, or he can give himself when he kills a character), it raises his damage by 2327. The total equals out to 6982, which tops even the character with the highest basic damage in the game, and yes, even beats Rey's. Not to mention, there is still a crit factor to be worked in, which means there is only pain to be brought, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to get rid of a pesky Anikin, Qui-Gon or Yoda, since he deals double damage to Jedi.

Finally, there's the turn meter problem. Unfortunately, by using the health mods and Leader ability of EP, not much can be done about his speed, unless you pack fast with Speed Ups. However, this is not to say he is still not fast and deadly.

You see, on his basic, for those unaware, he receives 100% turn meter for each kill he gets. So, while you might have to set it up, DM could potentially get two hits in one each time, combining the annoyance of Dooku's multi-attacks with the HP of ST Han.

In conclusion, as you can tell, I am a huge fan of DM, both in game and in lore, which is why I've tried to make this guide explaining how you can potentially set him up without having to necessarily revolve your team around him.

If you guys can, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this below, maybe if this thread gets enough attention EA will redo Maul and make him better/farmable, haha.

I think you're forgetting that while you're modding your DM everyone else is modding every other toon, leaving you basically where you started. That said, he's decent, just not OP
  • Options
    nah

1) I never said I'd put tenacity on a DPS like Maul. I simply stated all he current mods.
    2) I never realized stereos on fire were squishy, good to know ( :tongue: ).
    3) You act like Jedi are old news. With the rework of Anakin, the "Grand Master's Training Event," as well as the introduction to being able to farm Aayla Secura and Kit Fisto mean that Jedi are becoming popular again. Or at least EA is trying to make them.
    4) He does need a boost, but while you say this also realize the futility of your words, EA will just make a new and better character :smile:
  • Options
    With the introduction of mods, and the even newer introduction of Palpatine, things have been looking good for Star Wars' real heroes: the Sith. However, can this bring about the use of the glassiest of the glass cannons?

Imo, one of the few things EA messed up about this game was Darth Maul, DM for short. One of the longest surviving badasses in lore, it should have been a duty to EA out of honor (if not, then money, because let's be real here, Maul makes money.) to give him some use, or at least make him farmable, just if only to have him be your bench warmer. But can he be saved? Allow me to explain (AKA throw numbers around to make me look like an smrt).

One of DM's major problems was his health. Even at his max everything, he holds a mere 9883 HP. But with the right buffs, he has plenty.

Now take a look at Palpatine's leader ability. It gives Empire and Sith alike +32% HP (and potency, but that is irrelevant in my claim I'm trying to prove).

Then take a look at mods. Even the weakest mods for health, when maxed, give +15% HP, and that is leaving out a few added percentages that could come with the individual mods, not just the set bonus.

Now for the real number tossing part. 32% of 9883 is 3162.56. 15% of 9883 is 1482.45. Those two percentages added to DM's max hp results in 14528. If you don't believe that's much, allow me to compare. Maxed ST Han has merely less than one thousand HP more, and depending on your individual health mods, the added one to five percent along with it should seal the deal, making Maul as strong as one of EAs best tanks.

You're probably getting ready to type right now, "that takes care of HP, but what about damage?" In which case, I'm glad I/you asked.

You see, his maxed basic attack does 4655 damage, at the very least. However, when given Offense Up (which someone can either give him, or he can give himself when he kills a character), it raises his damage by 2327. The total equals out to 6982, which tops even the character with the highest basic damage in the game, and yes, even beats Rey's. Not to mention, there is still a crit factor to be worked in, which means there is only pain to be brought, ESPECIALLY if you're trying to get rid of a pesky Anikin, Qui-Gon or Yoda, since he deals double damage to Jedi.

Finally, there's the turn meter problem. Unfortunately, by using the health mods and Leader ability of EP, not much can be done about his speed, unless you pack fast with Speed Ups. However, this is not to say he is still not fast and deadly.

You see, on his basic, for those unaware, he receives 100% turn meter for each kill he gets. So, while you might have to set it up, DM could potentially get two hits in one each time, combining the annoyance of Dooku's multi-attacks with the HP of ST Han.

In conclusion, as you can tell, I am a huge fan of DM, both in game and in lore, which is why I've tried to make this guide explaining how you can potentially set him up without having to necessarily revolve your team around him.

If you guys can, I'd love to hear your thoughts on this below, maybe if this thread gets enough attention EA will redo Maul and make him better/farmable, haha.

I think you're forgetting that while you're modding your DM everyone else is modding every other toon, leaving you basically where you started. That said, he's decent, just not OP

I never said he was OP. I made the implication that he could be relevant.
  • Options
    SpySinger wrote: »

Sure he does hit strong against Jedi, but that was a very weak opposing team. I'd be interested to see how Maul shapes up to a Wiggs or Lando AOE team.
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    I would love to run a sith squad. Am currently working on SO, but Kylo sucks, I refuse to level Dooku, and DM is P2P only. So this is a distant dream for now...maybe I will sub in Daka or Asajj as the next best thing.

Fortunately, you can make a team without Maul included, however you will need to acquire Dooku for an all Sith team. The five FTP Sith are EP, DS, DV, SO, and CD. If you really truly thought CD is the bane of your existence, and you're not in the market for chancing DM in a pack, then I recommend Daka. She stuns, heals, and potentially revives. Or maybe try your luck at RG. Lore-wise he uses a Force Pike if you're looking for an excuse to use him. He'll synergise well with EP, and will cover anyone who goes below 50% HP.

BTW, Kylo isn't a Sith, or at least not tagged as one.
  • SnakesOnAPlane
    4363 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Can this Maul stuff just die already?!

P.s. TTT! :D
    SnakesOnAPlane
  • Options
    Can this Maul stuff just die already?!

P.s. TTT! :D

What do you mean, on both accounts of what you just said?
  • Options
    benacrow wrote: »
    SpySinger wrote: »

Sure he does hit strong against Jedi, but that was a very weak opposing team. I'd be interested to see how Maul shapes up to a Wiggs or Lando AOE team.

Unfortunately I'm not equipped to get a Maul myself to further the evidence, I can only use the numbers.
  • MrJx3
    257 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I'd really like to see Maul buffed. Maybe in the future though they could add another version of Maul (the one with the bionic legs). That version could have savage synergies and be s a good as he should be.
  • Options
    MrJx3 wrote: »
    I'd really like to see Maul buffed. Maybe in the future though they could add another version of Maul (the one with the bionic legs). That version could have savage synergies and be s a good as he should be.

I wouldn't hold my breath, but it is a nice thought :smile:
  • Options
    Ugh have you played Boba Fett? He is garbage. Best character in the Star Wars universe and he is worthless in this game. At least when I see a team with a Darth Maul I make sure I kill him first. When I see Boba Fett I know I can get him last.
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    Maul should have about 90 more speed, and 50% more health+protection
    look a tthis fanfilm to get what he should be
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Djo_91jN3Pk
    fast and agile

That would be awesome.
  • Options
    JohnTS676 wrote: »
    The first thing to consider about about dps is that basically speed=damage, simple as that. So while he might do a small amount more damage per hit than rey (basic attack, and only to a Jedi) rey is still almost technically twice as powerful as him just because of her speed being almost double maul's. Also I'm pretty sure she has more health/prot than him (I haven't checked though) and 2 of her abilities can provide her with foresight giving her insane amounts of survivability compared to DM and depending on RNG (for basic to proc FS) and the rest of your team (taunts to draw fire). I like maul and would love him to be a strong viable choice in multiple area of the game, but the amount of toons that easily outclass him in every aspect coupled with him still being stuck behind p2p just completely ruins him

1) Apologies for not responding to this sooner, didn't show up in my feed.

2) He does more basic dmg than Rey does with an Offense Up regardless if they're Jedi or not. Jedi are just Maul's forte.

3) His protection is the lowest in the game, second only to Jedi Knight Guardian, so no point in trying to defend that. As for health, either EP leader or health mods will make his hp surpass Rey's.

4) Speed Mods or Speed Up will abridge the gap.

5) While she may lose foresight, if someone places a debuff (Offense Down for maximum effectiveness), her damage goes down the drain, whereas Maul does not have that risk.

6) I completely agree, Maul could/should/would have been better with say speed or anything. But our pleas and complaints will fall upon deaf ears if EA even saw this thread. :smile: