When will the Emperor's Demise event return? **MERGED**

Replies

• Options
    He stops the stun. Then dies.
  • Options
    he will return in a galaxy far far away....
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options
    Tactyou wrote: »
    Feb 14, 2018.

Valentine's Day. Bummer.
  • Options
    Pjay wrote: »
    A long time. But I would prepare your rebels now cause I made the mistake of leaving off *ing jedibfor yoda event too many times and kept not having enough time. Do it now and you'll have nothing to worry about

This is good advice, will get right onto it (when i am finished with IG100, JKA, Jawas, Mace, Fisto, Empire team, Scoundrels and Ugnaught).

At least three of the rebels are also classified as scoundrels, two of those (Lando and STH) are it toons in arena right now. Why would you not farm them? Wedge and Biggs are also pretty popular. AA can be useful in other aspects of the game. Leia is fairly useful if not limited. They are giving us another rebel on a daily basis. They gave us Wedge shards last month. There is another rebel specific event that reappears every once in a while. You need them for tenacity mod challenges.

But, you're right. They're not a priority.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    Extremely rare should mean once a year. So sometimes next year that way it gives everyone who didn't get him a reason to play in the long run.

EA don't bring him back too early, too many emperors running around will saturate the arenas and Gws. We can't have that. He is rare, the event is extremely rare, he is the best toon in the game..not everyone should have him. Only the best players should have him.

I couldn't disagree with this any more. not everyone should have him, only the best players. ****!!!!

everyone should have the same fair chance at ALL characters no matter how good or bad you are as a player.

I'd quit playing if it became a matter of certain toons for certain players based on how good of a player you were and I think a lot of others would too.

with that out of the way the event will return because as stated there's an achievement for it. I think it will come back sooner than people thing. the games one year anniversary is coming so it could be then or even sooner because they will want to make more money and like stated if they wait too long everyone will have 7* rebels on their own.
  • Options
    Definetly not this year.
  • Options
    I feel bad for the people who bought palp thinking ea wouldn't double dip to get more cash. I could have comfortably got 5 star palp but I didn't push it because I knew he would be back and it's not worth pushing rebels so hard when there are a lot more important toons. By the time he is back I will probably have 5 7star rebels but I'm sure there will still be some casual p2p players who won't and the longer they wait the more money they lose. Once they see all the P2P guys have him the event may become more rare but I doubt it.

I am certainly more worried it will come back before my rebels are ready than I am worried I'll be waiting around for anything more than a month from when I finish them.
  • Options
    Does anyone know when is it going back? Of course I'm not asking for a date, but more like 3-4-5-6 months? Cause "very rare event" as it was called, can mean anything from 3 months to 3 years. Will be good to know how much time we have to prep our rebel team accordingly.
  • Options
    4 years
  • Options
    Devs don't like people who didn't spend all their money on rebels, so it is EXTREMELY RARE
  • Options
    So noone knows, ok.
  • Options
    When I started the game and I have talked dozens of others to join one thing I told them was that in the beginning we where told the Jedi pack was only available once and when it went away it would never come back, well we all know how many time it has been back, so people like me who spend money on this game would appreciate that the emperor event comes back soon then it's ok to play the rare card !!
  • Options
    Better question is when do they nerf palatine
  • Options
    Better question is when do they nerf palatine

Never
  • Options
    KrasenYan wrote: »
    Does anyone know when is it going back? Of course I'm not asking for a date, but more like 3-4-5-6 months? Cause "very rare event" as it was called, can mean anything from 3 months to 3 years. Will be good to know how much time we have to prep our rebel team accordingly.

More than 2 months
  • Options
    It's f you want a serious educated guess, Christmas time.
  • Options
    It's f you want a serious educated guess, Christmas time.

That's what I'm thinking too. Perhaps around the time Rogue One hits theaters.
  • Options
    Can someone just confirm that the Emperors Demise event is returning. I only got Palpatine to 5 stars and I really want to use him, plus I've been working non stop on my Rebels.
  • Options
    Prolly by christmas. It did say extremely rare event
    Yes Yoda is worth farming
  • Options
    I'm in the situation as you, got EP only to 5* during event, was just one char missing by that time and now got my rebel squad fully 7*. But I don't expect it come back in the near future. December when the new movie comes out might be a good guess.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    They told everyone very clearly extremely rare for a reason. You should have spent $$$ to get him like they wanted....

I inly have him 5* too, but I knew what they meant. It's not coming back any time soon and they didn't want ppl complaining about the event not retuning soon enough.

It will return and no one know when. Just gonna have to live with the fact that you can't have the current "meta"......
  • Options
    He has an event with the exact same structure as Yoda. Yoda event returns monthly. Whenever they decide on a set timeframe for Palpatine, it'll follow that consistently. Until then, you'll just have to wait for it to come back.
  • Options
    My only fear is that they are gonna make the event harder and maybe unbeatable...EA loves to squezze money out of us and I hope the event will be as hard as it was.
  • Options
    Emperor will return Post-rogue 1 content. We will have 5-7 rogue 1 related rebels from the movie. So by that point if you dont have a full rebels squad, it will be your own fault. That way any complaints about timing will be invalid. Looking at early-mid january for emp return.
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    The Yoda event took Jedi. The emperor event should take Sith and empire toons. I hope when it comes back they will fix that. Please make this change CG/EA. Nothing would please me more than to see the pain in people's comments.
  • Options
    The Yoda event took Jedi. The emperor event should take Sith and empire toons. I hope when it comes back they will fix that. Please make this change CG/EA. Nothing would please me more than to see the pain in people's comments.

This won't happen, work them rebels.
  • Options
    Emperor will return Post-rogue 1 content. We will have 5-7 rogue 1 related rebels from the movie. So by that point if you dont have a full rebels squad, it will be your own fault. That way any complaints about timing will be invalid. Looking at early-mid january for emp return.

I think it will come back before then. Quarterly most likely. Every 3 months or so.

Besides if they wait too long, another character will come along and no one will care about the Emperor anymore.
  • Options

I think it will come back before then. Quarterly most likely. Every 3 months or so.

Besides if they wait too long, another character will come along and no one will care about the Emperor anymore.

If it were to come back quarterly then why would it be called an extremely rare event?
  • holyjoe
    595 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    to answer the OP's question. if you look in your achievements there is one for the emperor's demise event just like the yoda event so i will return. when though is anyone's guess.

now for the you should have spent money comments. that doesn't necessarily guarantee you would have finished tier 7.

i spend like $200 maybe more and i was only able to finish tier 4. so no EP for me until the event returns. i had zero rebels when the event started. i purchased the emperor's demise bundle, the rebel pack and the $100 crystal option and never ended up with a rebel higher than 4 star.

since i don't care for rebels my focus for the return of the event will be completing tier 5 and 6. i'm sure i'll complete tier 5 as i am almost ready for tier 6. but i don't see myself being ready for tier 7 as i've slowed way down and farming rebels and am back to farming my other characters. it will not go away since there is an achievement for it so i can get tier 7 done on the third go around.

i think it was called extremely rare for hype and in compared to the yoda event. i think next time we will see it is christmas time when the new movie comes out. or once hey realize how much money they made from it and want more. because let's face it there are always new players joining the game and will be players willing to pay. the fact that those who spent money last time or finished the event won't care about is irrelevant. they will still make as much or more money on the second event. i might even be willing to spent another $200 if i were close enough to tier 7 that spending it would get me there.
  • Options

If they ever made this change the whining on these forums would be deafening.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!