When will the Emperor's Demise event return? **MERGED**

Prev1345
kyloron
1 posts Member
edited September 2016
Does anyone think the Emporer event will return ?

[Moderator Note: Edited title for merged threads]
Post edited by Afista on

Replies

• Options
    Several months from next month.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    "Extremely Rare"..... my guess is like 2 or 3 weeks.

Or maybe they mean extremely rare and it will be several months and ppl shouldn't ask because they were fully informed that the event was extremely rare...
  • Options
    I would say I wouldn't expect it to come back any faster than the military might events. Those seemed like it took forever to come back. But it could also come back as often as the Yoda event. You never know.
  • Options
    The event will return and I am looking forward to it. However it literally just ended and is described as extremely rare.
  • Options
    A long time. But I would prepare your rebels now cause I made the mistake of leaving off *ing jedibfor yoda event too many times and kept not having enough time. Do it now and you'll have nothing to worry about
  • Options
    I'm hopeful it's a two month rotation tops. He is a pvp must have toon and those without him are at a severe disadvantage.
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    "Extremely Rare"..... my guess is like 2 or 3 weeks.

Or maybe they mean extremely rare and it will be several months and ppl shouldn't ask because they were fully informed that the event was extremely rare...

I think tomorrow
  • Options
    A long time. But I would prepare your rebels now cause I made the mistake of leaving off *ing jedibfor yoda event too many times and kept not having enough time. Do it now and you'll have nothing to worry about

This is good advice, will get right onto it (when i am finished with IG100, JKA, Jawas, Mace, Fisto, Empire team, Scoundrels and Ugnaught).
  • Options
    It will come back after everyone complains for several months that Big Palpy is OP. The devs will nerf him and bring back the event, and he will be worthless so really it doesn't matter.
    Collaborative T7 guild looking for active members. Details here or PM me.
  • Options
    Holliday season palpy
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Halloween
  • Options
    Zooey wrote: »
    Halloween

They should make him hold a pumpkin basket in October :)
  • Ultra
    11515 posts Moderator
    Options
    it'll return after devs give everyone plenty of time to 7* 5 rebels at the very least
  • Options
    I think it will come back once every two months. So Halloween is probably accurate
  • Options
    kyloron wrote: »
    Does anyone think the Emporer event will return ?

Yes. Eventually. There's an achievement for it. Just keep farming for it, and things will be ok when that day comes.
  • Options
    I wouldn't be surprised if they have this event again next year. The last time I saw someone asking for this event (prior to the one we just had) was dated somewhere in fall of 2015. Pretty sure with Rouge One coming out in December, EA will come out with even more op characters that will draw our attention to that in the meantime.
  • Options
    It should be at least 6 months.

Event was extremely rare, and a lot of people spent a few bucks to get EP in time.

How long does a chromium stay exclusive ? I would say Palpatine will be at least double that.
  • Options
    Feb 14, 2018.
  • Options
    Ea will get greedy and it will be back sooner than you think. They don't want the event to come back and everybody to already have 5 7* rebels. I would says 2 months.
  • Options
    Extremely rare should mean once a year. So sometimes next year that way it gives everyone who didn't get him a reason to play in the long run.

EA don't bring him back too early, too many emperors running around will saturate the arenas and Gws. We can't have that. He is rare, the event is extremely rare, he is the best toon in the game..not everyone should have him. Only the best players should have him.
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So basically punish those who didn't get him then? Not much vindictiveness with that. Once a year?? once every 6 months?? Lol... Yoda is once every month and as far as I recall he was an extremely rare event aswell. Or was he just a rare event... :) I think they set the precedent with yoda for event exclusive characters. I could be wrong...
  • Aniema
    602 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    So basically punish those who didn't get him then? Not much vindictiveness with that. Once a year?? once every 6 months?? Lol... Yoda is once every month and as far as I recall he was an extremely rare event aswell. Or was he just a rare event... :) I think they set the precedent with yoda for event exclusive characters. I could be wrong...

Yes punish people who didn't get him. Palpatene is the strongest Darkside toon. He also likes to punish others..according to canon. Do you not know the story of Darth Maul? Palpatene would hang Darth Maul by his hands and torture Maul to build up a resistance to pain.

An extremely rare event shouldn't be every month, every other month or every 6 months for that matter. It should be once a year or better yet..never again. Obviously never again won't happen but I hope once a year does.

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural.
  • Options
    Christmas time around the new movie is my guess. 3+ months.
  • Options
    Hopefully not too soon. Wedge is gunna take a while. Tthe rest of my team is done but he's not. 105/330.
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »

Yes punish people who didn't get him. Palpatene is the strongest Darkside toon. He also likes to punish others..according to canon. Do you not know the story of Darth Maul? Palpatene would hang Darth Maul by his hands and torture Maul to build up a resistance to pain.

An extremely rare event shouldn't be every month, every other month or every 6 months for that matter. It should be once a year or better yet..never again. Obviously never again won't happen but I hope once a year does.

The dark side of the force is a pathway to many abilities, some considered to be unnatural.

The hate is strong in you...
  • Options
    Hopefully not too soon. Wedge is gunna take a while. Tthe rest of my team is done but he's not. 105/330.

This is why he will be back sooner than later. They didn't develope this whole event to not make money off of it. It's probably going to come every two months. They didn't make it to make the game better. They made it to make money. If they wait a year he won't even be a top 10 toon by then
  • Options
    Unless it comes back this month I won't have to spend any crystals/money to beat it. So if they want to catch us all with our pants down. Expect it sooner than later. Also expect it to be a much shorter event. Possibly 3 days to a Week.
  • Options
    I'm hopeful it's a two month rotation tops. He is a pvp must have toon and those without him are at a severe disadvantage.

I am without him still, yet i have not much trouble with Palp in arena. I also think he will be incredibly useful to defeat Wiggs teams, but i am a bit skeptical about it. You need to make some sort of effort though and not run the same team as you used to. Teams i beat Palp teams with:

1. Phasma, QGJ, Rey, Han, RG
    2. Ackbar, Phasma, Han, QGJ, Rey
    3. Ackbar, Lando, Han, QGJ, Rey

With the 3rd team he doesn't even get to make a move before he dies. He is easy to defeat, (yet a powerful offensive weapon which is needed). With your OB, QGJ, GS, Rey, Han team, you can kill him before he acts.
  • Options
    But it is a han speed race speed race. Most palpakin squads also run double taunt. Much easier just to copy the meta.
  • Alexone
    3646 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    But it is a han speed race speed race.

Yep, but what can you do? Rex and Sun Fac, always Rex and Sun fac. :smiley:

EDIT: wish i were sold on Yoda but unless he gets a huge buff, don't think he is a solid option even in offense against Palp teams.