Devs: Hard Caps, Soft Caps and Poe

Replies

• Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    Options
    Darivon wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    The exact quote by @EA_Jesse was "While intended to be a viable healer, she is currently outperforming nearly all healers in most situations." This is blatantly the case with Poe. All other tanks are left in the dust.
    The difference between Poe and Barriss is: There are NO other Tanks in the game for him to outperform.
    Not that i think the Barriss nerf was justifiable, but you are comparing apples with bananas.

Han, Chewie, and that's if you don't count non-taunters like 5555

The OP is right in the statement that Poe makes every other taunter obsolete.
  • Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »
    - Poe = lower his speed a bit so that he is not the first to go. Remove slow/expose and should only taunt for 1 turn
    - Han = increase his hp. A tank that has less hp than an attacker in this high dps meta is just silly
    - Chewie = increase his taunt to 2 turns and add slow/expose

The above suggestion is calling for a significant nerf to Poe, but he still remains dangerous as he can disrupt/dictate the flow with his fast speed and resist detrimental effects. Han is slower and has no self-heal, but can manipulate turn meter and withstand more punishment with higher hp. Chewie is the slowest, but brings the most powerful taunt with slow and expose.

The whole point here is each tank should have something unique that justifies using one over the other. Currently, Poe is clearly superior to the other two, making them obsolete and hence, hurting the diversity

You think Han is inferior to Poe? They have different uses, just because you couldn't wrap your mind around how to use him does not make him worse.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    DknSho wrote: »
    **** GUYS
    i dont understand why u guys keep saying need to NERF Poe (if he cant tank the coming attact why we need the tank in the game? )
    People who says that Poe is OK because he dies, are misleaded by the "Tank" label. Forget he is a tank. Call him "Support" . Now you have a Support char that goes first, steal turn meter, expose, AND as a side effect let your squishies ignore 1-3 shots. Yeah, he dies later. So does Poggle after using Droid Assault. So what?
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Heronmar wrote: »
    - Poe = lower his speed a bit so that he is not the first to go. Remove slow/expose and should only taunt for 1 turn
    - Han = increase his hp. A tank that has less hp than an attacker in this high dps meta is just silly

The above suggestion is calling for a significant nerf to Poe, but he still remains dangerous as he can disrupt/dictate the flow with his fast speed and resist detrimental effects. Han is slower and has no self-heal, but can manipulate turn meter and withstand more punishment with higher hp. Chewie is the slowest, but brings the most powerful taunt with slow and expose.

The whole point here is each tank should have something unique that justifies using one over the other. Currently, Poe is clearly superior to the other two, making them obsolete and hence, hurting the diversity

You think Han is inferior to Poe? They have different uses, just because you couldn't wrap your mind around how to use him does not make him worse.

Yes, because speed kills.

Let's say two teams face off: The composition of both teams are high dps (for the sake of argument, let's say QGJ, Genosian Soldier, IG-86 and FOTP), but one side has Poe while the other has Han.

Poe taunts first and his team members generally get to shoot ahead of the other team. Han doesn't even get a turn since he is so fragile; GS with the FOTP assist killed him in one shot.

I love Han and his turn meter manipulation ability, but what use does he have if he ain't around to use it? There is a reason why everyone uses Poe and there is a reason why Han and Chewie are essentially extinct.
  • Options
    Believe me when I say, Poe is the least of your problems in this game...
  • Options

Let's say two teams face off: The composition of both teams are high dps (for the sake of argument, let's say QGJ, Genosian Soldier, IG-86 and FOTP), but one side has Poe while the other has Han.

Poe taunts first and his team members generally get to shoot ahead of the other team. Han doesn't even get a turn since he is so fragile; GS with the FOTP assist killed him in one shot.

I love Han and his turn meter manipulation ability, but what use does he have if he ain't around to use it? There is a reason why everyone uses Poe and there is a reason why Han and Chewie are essentially extinct.

Han works wonders with Rebel and Phasma squads so I don't really get your point. And GS with FOTP assist can kill every character in the game so really not a point there either.

And just so you know, IG86 and FOTP still move after a Han even when Han's turn-meter is reduced. Your argument is based upon mirror matches where one character complements one team better, it really is not useful for an argument's sake.

Poe might better for a wider range of squads but Han is better for the others, this does not make any of two better than the other, however Chewie is utter garbage when compared to those two.
  • Options
    Sorry to tell you that Poe is the only tank on the right track.
    Tank is supposed to go before their teammate, taunt before dps die, anything but act before your team.
    So instead of nerfing Poe, the right way is to buff every other tank, at least their speed to on par with Poe.
    It's just like a mini-mmo and arena is like warzone/operation in swtor where tanks have to go first to protect their teammate.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    No character should be able to move before most or even all other characters and reduce their turn meters so that his entire team gets to act before anyone on the other team. Period. The fact that he also exposes the other team and taunts just makes it worse.
    This is a turn-based game. Everyone should get a fair chance to take turns. Robbing other characters of turns should require excellent synergy and time to set up. It should not simply be "put Poe in your lineup and now your guys all go first".
    The high speed / turn meter / taunt / expose combination is ludicrously overpowered.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • d3gauss
    311 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I think an overall buff to hp or decrease in damage would fix a lot of these issues. With the current meta you can lose 2 to 3 characters before you can even react. It should take an entire team working in sync to take our a character in one turn (maybe 2 or 3 for a glass cannon), there is no reason they should take out 3 in one turn.

The Barris nerf is actually partially to blame for all of this, before she was nerfed everyone had her as their leader and hp was at a much more reasonable level not to mention healing.
  • ichotolot
    229 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Then only thing that should be reduced is the additional damage through expose. 20 percent is to high.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Han works wonders with Rebel and Phasma squads so I don't really get your point. And GS with FOTP assist can kill every character in the game so really not a point there either.

And just so you know, IG86 and FOTP still move after a Han even when Han's turn-meter is reduced. Your argument is based upon mirror matches where one character complements one team better, it really is not useful for an argument's sake.

Poe might better for a wider range of squads but Han is better for the others, this does not make any of two better than the other, however Chewie is utter garbage when compared to those two.

1. I am sorry, but I do run a Phasma squad and do have Han at 6* and max-geared. I like him a lot, but he is sitting on my bench. If I had to use a tank, I would certainly pick Poe over Han and so will most players
    2. IG-86 has a speed of 116. Han has 121. They both make their move at Turn 9 and RNG would decide who goes first. But if Han is slowed with Poe's taunt (or if IG-86 gets buffed with Poggle), then IG-86 will go first. Stop making false claims
    3. To look at an individual's ability without the team synergy component is only considering half of the picture
    4. Sure, Poe can get one-shot killed as well, but he has a better chance to survive because he has more hp and can self-heal. At worst, he gets one-shot killed, but still used his taunt. Han won't even get a chance to act and is very fragile
    5. I never said Han is useless. Poe is just a lot better and that is bad for diversity. As I said, there is a reason why a lot of the high-powered P2P teams use Poe over Han
    6. What Qeltar said is spot on - which he has been saying it for a while and I hope CG is taking notice
    7. I don't recall ever saying Poe is the only problem. The whole hero balance is broken. Heroes should not hit like the Death Star, yet be as nimble and quick as a X-Wing. But this game has plenty in the likes of Rey, Leia, QGJ, IG-86, etc.
  • Options
    Everybody in here who is saying don't nerf poe, he's fine is using him and only winning while using him. When a character becomes a must need on your team, then yes he needs some type of nerf. Before any of you weird kids come and say, your just getting **** by him, false. I'm currently on team instinct and i place in the top 3 everyday. With that said i can easily kill poe, but it becomes dumb when every person has the same setup. Whipit, MeanMuenster, Dempsey. Zakard etc are all using Poe, FOTP, Sidious and IG-88, every single one of them. No creativity at all. I'm not using poe, fotp or ig-88 and i'm 1st. Nerf poe and watch how much people cry then.

oLCSRXJ.png

By the way, lobby hacks. Lobby ur a bum

Be carefull on What you are saying.
    You said he is à hacker because he has barris offee as lead? Maybe no?
    I Just want to say you that i have barriss offee as Lead, i have a 23k power team And i am rank 1 since on month every day .with no hack, no money spend .
    And all the top 500 on my server is 21k power no less .

No i'm saying that because he hacks. No idea where u got the idea if his lead having anything to do with it. Everyone in my bracket reported him already.
    https://youtube.com/user/MurdaDeadpool/videos Subscribe and follow me here teaminstinct.net/ Home to Team Instinct
  • Options
    Prediction- in a few weeks we will see a series of post of people wishing they had not wasted the time getting Poe to 7* full gear.. He is WAY too squishy to be a be all,end all,tank.

Right now I see him in a couple of fights a day and the fights pretty much all go the same.

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block
    I target him (usually he dies).. If not he is less than 10%

Once he is dead the shell is off the team and what is left is the gooey goodness of a Leia,Dooku,Sid,TF, Poggle.. Whatever.. Even basic skills put them down pretty quick.

I really hope you are trolling & not serious.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Prediction- in a few weeks we will see a series of post of people wishing they had not wasted the time getting Poe to 7* full gear.. He is WAY too squishy to be a be all,end all,tank.

Right now I see him in a couple of fights a day and the fights pretty much all go the same.

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

Once he is dead the shell is off the team and what is left is the gooey goodness of a Leia,Dooku,Sid,TF, Poggle.. Whatever.. Even basic skills put them down pretty quick.

I'm not sure what teams you face, but if a Poe goes before mine then it's:

Poe taunts
    Probably at least 3 of my members down after their whole team gets a turn.
    Lose

I'm not sure how you go from him taunting to you targetting him. Most of their whole team will go before you even have the chance to target him.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    Options
    I don't use Poe and have never had an issue beating him. If you do, try switching up your team, you know, the one you probably chose because it has certain advantages? Turns out it'll have certain disadvantages against other teams.
  • Options
    Thundergod wrote: »

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

I'm not sure what teams you face, but if a Poe goes before mine then it's:

Poe taunts
    Probably at least 3 of my members down after their whole team gets a turn.
    Lose

I'm not sure how you go from him taunting to you targetting him. Most of their whole team will go before you even have the chance to target him.

I usually get 1-2 shots off before the taunt, So no matter if the RNG gods give me first hit or him he is already the primary target. Speed, stuns, assists & counters are all helpful.

• Options
    I usually get 1-2 shots off before the taunt, So no matter if the RNG gods give me first hit or him he is already the primary target. Speed, stuns, assists & counters are all helpful.

Only like 5 characters in the game can even have a chance at going before him when Poe gets to gear 8. It is very hard for Dooku or Hoth Rebel Scout to stun him due to his Tenacity. Leia and Rey would have the best chance to kill him before he gets his taunt off, but they are hard to obtain. Sid won't be doing enough damage to stop the taunt.
  • Lokai
    379 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Poe by himself is NOT the only issue. The thing is he is in fact the ONLY actual tank in the game. the rest are called "tanks" but they don't do anything functionally in the timly manner it should be done. Yes if you can survive long enough chewie or han can tank. that is IF you survive that long. Sadly that can be an issue as the current meta uses in various combinations tie pilot(almost always) along with Poe(to taunt and screw with speed meters), Phasma(possibly as lead or just to screw with speed meters), Han(back up meat shield and again screwing with turn meters), Old ben(debuff to hell AND surprise screwing with turn meters) FO officer(seriously screwing with turn meters)

huh i'm seeing a serious amount of screwing with turn meters and it all starts with.....POE. defense team is always going to get their poe off first this is some magical NON supposed AI team buff and this starts the land slide that speed meter steam rolls you into oblivion if your unlucky. chances are if they are using the usual offenders not only removed your turn meters before you ever even got a turn, but your also slowed and unable to utilize your non standard attacks and then you're picked off by tie pilot and the large volume of defensive team shots in comparison to your slowed/eliminated turn meter.

Poe ALLLLLL by his lonesome is manageable but once the other offenders get added to the mix it's GG before you ever even got started. And guess what I have yet to see any benefit from y QUI-Gon as a team lead. IF it in fact worked as advertised and I was using a jedi heavy team I would in fact have a chance to activate most or all of my characters before the turn meter shinanigans start and thus at least have the potential to effect the outcome before it gets decided for me prior to even my first activation.

Poe could be just fine if damage and speed weren't the only stats that matter and speed being the hardest thing to deal with against a meter abusing heavy team on the AI side of the table.
  • Options
    It was Qui,Leia, Daka,Lumi,Aayla.. I might have had Kit in, in place of Daka or Lumi. I can't recall.
  • Options

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

Right. So while you are making those three turns to kill Poe, the A.I must be sleeping.

Let's use a common team comp among the high-powered, P2P teams: Sid (L), Poe, Rey (or QGJ), IG-86 and GS (they could use Leia as well).

Poe has the chance to go first overall. If he does, he taunts and your team is slowed and exposed. Sid then does AOE attack with some of your team exposed. Rey attacks 3x (or QGJ with assist). GS attacks with assist. IG-86 attacks with assist. All those assists are coming from high dps heroes and amplified with Sid's leader bonus. Your team is getting ripped apart while you are waiting for your turn. All because of Poe. You may get lucky (as in those who didn't get slowed) and sneak in a shot here and there to take out Poe, but game was already over when Poe taunted.

Again, Poe is not the only problem. Many have called it out: The fundamental speed vs. damage balancing is broken.
  • Baal
    602 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Han is better than Poe for my team, much better actually. Not that either is or should be necessary.
  • Thundergod
    99 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    It was Qui,Leia, Daka,Lumi,Aayla.. I might have had Kit in, in place of Daka or Lumi. I can't recall.

Before the level 70 cap, that would have been fine, but QGJ can't act before Poe anymore. You pretty much have to hope the AI decides not to kill your QGJ before he acts. I don't think Leia can one shot a decently starred up Poe either.
  • Options

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

Right. So while you are making those three turns to kill Poe, the A.I must be sleeping.

Let's use a common team comp among the high-powered, P2P teams: Sid (L), Poe, Rey (or QGJ), IG-86 and GS (they could use Leia as well).

Poe has the chance to go first overall. If he does, he taunts and your team is slowed and exposed. Sid then does AOE attack with some of your team exposed. Rey attacks 3x (or QGJ with assist). GS attacks with assist. IG-86 attacks with assist. All those assists are coming from high dps heroes and amplified with Sid's leader bonus. Your team is getting ripped apart while you are waiting for your turn. All because of Poe. You may get lucky (as in those who didn't get slowed) and sneak in a shot here and there to take out Poe, but game was already over when Poe taunted.

Again, Poe is not the only problem. Many have called it out: The fundamental speed vs. damage balancing is broken.

LOL.. When is the AI *not* sleeping. ;)

Whatever, I am just sharing my experience.

You have your mind made up, it sounds like you want him to be easily beatable by everyone. I can't help you with that.
    Your example of a "High power P2P" team would be easy to go against, maybe it's your server?

Sorry you are having difficulties with Poe. I just disagree that he needs a nerf.

• Options

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

You have your mind made up, it sounds like you want him to be easily beatable by everyone. I can't help you with that.
    Your example of a "High power P2P" team would be easy to go against, maybe it's your server?

Sorry you are having difficulties with Poe. I just disagree that he needs a nerf.

Lol. So tell me, Mr. Wookie. What team do you run to "be easy to go against" a team of speedy dps and Poe? If you are so confident, why not share your team comp? At best, you pray like hell that your Dooku stuns Poe or bring in Poogle to buff up your droids or dps.

A Poe-led team is certainly not invincible. But unless a lot of things work towards your favour, the odds are stacked against you - especially when he is paired up with speedy dps such as Rey, QGJ, Leia, GS and IG-86.

I don't want Poe to be easily killed. I want the overall balancing revisited - which I know is a long shot.
  • Options
    Poe is fine. He dies stupid fast... Usually in less than a round.

People are having issues because they are being pulled out of their formula to handle him.

I discovered a formula today that destroys Poe (and by default Stormtrooper Han) teams instantly.

After seeing it work today, I strongly feel I could never assess Poe as OP again.

I never said he was unbeatable. I've beaten Poe teams as well. That's not what this is about. It's that the current incarnation makes it so that no other tank is needed....period. He significantly outclasses all other tanks by a lot which was the reasoning for the Barris nerf.

Agree 100% I had to suffer a Barriss nerf after investing in her because she "While intended to be a viable healer, she is currently outperforming nearly all healers in most situations." Poe does the same to tanks so I say it is only right he get hit with the Nerf stick too.
  • Options

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

Lol. So tell me, Mr. Wookie. What team do you run to "be easy to go against" a team of speedy dps and Poe? If you are so confident, why not share your team comp? At best, you pray like hell that your Dooku stuns Poe or bring in Poogle to buff up your droids or dps.

A Poe-led team is certainly not invincible. But unless a lot of things work towards your favour, the odds are stacked against you - especially when he is paired up with speedy dps such as Rey, QGJ, Leia, GS and IG-86.

I don't want Poe to be easily killed. I want the overall balancing revisited - which I know is a long shot.

I shared my team comp a few posts ago "Mr. Obi Won", reading is FUNdamental!

Again, sorry you are having difficulties against Poe. I do not use him but just disagree he needs to be hit with the nerf bat.

• Options
    Poe is fine. He dies stupid fast... Usually in less than a round.

People are having issues because they are being pulled out of their formula to handle him.

I discovered a formula today that destroys Poe (and by default Stormtrooper Han) teams instantly.

After seeing it work today, I strongly feel I could never assess Poe as OP again.

I never said he was unbeatable. I've beaten Poe teams as well. That's not what this is about. It's that the current incarnation makes it so that no other tank is needed....period. He significantly outclasses all other tanks by a lot which was the reasoning for the Barris nerf.

100% true, and if you check how bariss abilities will improve up to lv 80, she will become extremly strong if not op again soon enough...

poe just offers everything and thats 2 much, resistance to all negative effects including heal reduction, turn meter manipulation, taunt till he dies/gets dispelled, expose, crazy speed and by far more tankyness than han [considering he will resist healing immunity most of the time it also makes him practical tankier than chewie which gets shut down hard by HI]
  • Options
    Darivon wrote: »
    Fitting Meme. Me neither dude.
    The difference is, Barriss was measured against stuff like Lumi / Daka / JC and Ewok Elder = Healers.
    While the competition for Poe looks like Chewie / Boba / Fives / Mace / Finn / FOST / HRS /RG / Jedi Guardian /Mob Enforcer / Ben / Han / Strormtrooper / Teebo and Plo = Tanks.
    5 out of 5 Healers could be considered "working" , more or less = They HEAL. That's what ALL of them do.
    1 out of 17 Tanks could be considered "working". ONE of them, TANKS. Not sure what the other 16 are doing in this game. But at the moment i don't see any of them tanking ANYTHING.
    On top of that, the rest of them are not only NOT tanking, they are literally not even in the game. Or when was the last time you saw one of them ?
    That being said, yes, Poe IS strong. No doubt there dude. He is the ONLY tank that is working atm tho. Outside of Han+Ben/Tarkin combo. But that's TWO slots. For what ONE slot should be doing.
    Means, according to your causal train, what would be the right approach here ?
    1. Nerf Poe, so that he doesn't outperform the other 16 Tanks and becomes as useless as the rest ?
    2. Buff the other 16 Tanks ?
    Your argument posted here refers to Nr 1. Do you really think this would be the right approach ?
    I for one, have no idea what the "right" way would be to handle Poe at the moment.
    This is by no means an attack or something. I actually tend to read the stuff you re posting cause i think you are not a fool. Maybe a little bit stubborn on the on IAP pricing stuff tho ( seriously, just accept and let it go dude ;) ).
    But this one here is a bit short sighted.
    Maybe just sit it out and wait till AT LEAST Level 70 ? To see how things gonna mesh up. Maybe they reduce his speed by one digit like Ewok suggested. Or maybe they will introduce a fast Yoda with purge who's gonna SOLO him AND all the Sith at once. Who knows. Nerfing Poe RIGHT NOW would definitely be the "wrong" approach in my opinion tho.
    I somehow have the feeling Poe won't be what he is now at level 70 anyway. We will see.
    On the other hand: The soft cap on speed idea might be worth considering. Good point!

Quite agree. Definition of TANK shouldn't be like the rest of 16 which can't protect ally well. Poe is first good tank exist in game so people may not understand but he is quite balance after facing him so many times

People did say the Hp of every toons is low so that's the job of tank now
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

The worst I see.

I target him
    He taunts
    I target him
    They ability block

I shared my team comp a few posts ago "Mr. Obi Won", reading is FUNdamental!

Again, sorry you are having difficulties against Poe. I do not use him but just disagree he needs to be hit with the nerf bat.

What makes you think I should be chasing and reading every single post of yours? :D

So you have a team in which all but one are Chromium exclusives and claim you have no problem dealing with Poe?

First, good for you to put in such significant amount of investment to get them all to 7-stars. You made your dad proud.

Second, using Chromium exclusive heroes as counters to certain heroes is only doable to a very small population of players. I guess you can only approach and tackle a challenge with your wallet and ignore that many others either choose not to or do not have the capacity to do the same.
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Options
    I am f2p around level 50. Got rank 2 with a nightsister squad 2 days ago but just started running into poe teams that I can't beat.

My question for you guys is ..

Do you think I should scrap this nightsister team where characters like assajj skills just don't even do what they say they should and start building up poe now?

Or do you think a nerf will come to poe or possibly a fix to characters that skills don't even work... yet they are slowest in the game?

Why are characters that have skills that don't even work so slow anyway? /shrug