Devs: Hard Caps, Soft Caps and Poe

Replies

• BentWookiee
    4819 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    obiwan1011 wrote: »

Why should I bother chasing your other posts? :D

So you have a team in which three of them are Chromium exclusives and claim you have no problem dealing with Poe?

First, good for you to put in such significant amount of investment to get them all to 7-stars. You made your dad proud.

Second, using Chromium exclusive heroes as counters to certain heroes is only doable to a very small population of players. I guess you can only approach and think with your wallet rather than considering the greater mass.

Reading the posts from your last whine before you post a new one is hardly "chasing".. It's just common sense.

We obviously have very different opinions of what is a "significant investment".

Oh and since you commented on it, I did make my Father proud, he died a long time ago, but before he did he had the chance to see me succeed, his definition of success was being able to send your kid to University and pay for it leaving them debt free when they graduated. I did that twice.

What next "your Mama" jokes?

What does any of that have to do with anything?

You are welcome to your opinions, enjoy blaming the "unfair game"or "they can spend more than me" or whatever excuses you want because you can not succeed. I stated in my post what was my experience. Instead of trying to attack maybe you could try to think of ways to counter this team that beat you?

You come across as a bitter self entitled whiner that thinks everything should be easy or fair, well, life does not give you a "participation" ribbon and neither does this game. Deal with it, just do the best that you can do given your limitations and be happy with what you DO achieve rather than being bitter about what you could not.

Oh, and keep banging that nerf drum.. If you end up successful it will make things so much more fun for the "greater masses" as you put it. After all, Poe is very farmable and available to everyone.

You really make no sense.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Poe is fine. He dies stupid fast... Usually in less than a round.

People are having issues because they are being pulled out of their formula to handle him.

I discovered a formula today that destroys Poe (and by default Stormtrooper Han) teams instantly.

After seeing it work today, I strongly feel I could never assess Poe as OP again.

I never said he was unbeatable. I've beaten Poe teams as well. That's not what this is about. It's that the current incarnation makes it so that no other tank is needed....period. He significantly outclasses all other tanks by a lot which was the reasoning for the Barris nerf.

Absolutely agree you nailed it!.
    Qui-Gon progress in cantina currently 4* gear lvl 7.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    It was Qui,Leia, Daka,Lumi,Aayla.. I might have had Kit in, in place of Daka or Lumi. I can't recall.

How does your team survive something like qui gon with assist/gs with assist/fotp all attacking before you? Qui gon or gs will basically one shot any out of 4 people on your team...if there is an old Ben in there too reducing your turn meter and your damage by half (really cutting your chances of blowing up Poe with one guy)...
    I dunno I mean with this ai you can win against anything with a little luck but I don't see how your team could win the 1shot war against a full team going first with their 1shots.
  • Options
    Wispsi wrote: »
    It was Qui,Leia, Daka,Lumi,Aayla.. I might have had Kit in, in place of Daka or Lumi. I can't recall.

How does your team survive something like qui gon with assist/gs with assist/fotp all attacking before you? Qui gon or gs will basically one shot any out of 4 people on your team...if there is an old Ben in there too reducing your turn meter and your damage by half (really cutting your chances of blowing up Poe with one guy)...
    I dunno I mean with this ai you can win against anything with a little luck but I don't see how your team could win the 1shot war against a full team going first with their 1shots.

Yup the AI is horrible, we really need a "live" challenge.

I have never seen a team get all their shots off before I can get at the very least two.

• Options

I have never seen a team get all their shots off before I can get at the very least two.

As he gears up now though he literally can go first with very little competition. At 60 it is much less a problem as round 7 people get to go first and then he has to rng it out with the rest of the characters...not so in the future. It is very possible he will get to go first and reducing almost full turn meters by 20% means you will be at least 1 more likely 2 rounds behind.
  • Options

As he gears up now though he literally can go first with very little competition. At 60 it is much less a problem as round 7 people get to go first and then he has to rng it out with the rest of the characters...not so in the future. It is very possible he will get to go first and reducing almost full turn meters by 20% means you will be at least 1 more likely 2 rounds behind.

Maybe so, I guess the best thing to do is have him ready on your bench. Mine should hit 7* next week and I can judge him then. For now the only thing I can really judge by is the ones I have seen on other teams.
  • Options

Why should I bother chasing your other posts? :D

So you have a team in which three of them are Chromium exclusives and claim you have no problem dealing with Poe?

First, good for you to put in such significant amount of investment to get them all to 7-stars. You made your dad proud.

Second, using Chromium exclusive heroes as counters to certain heroes is only doable to a very small population of players. I guess you can only approach and think with your wallet rather than considering the greater mass.

Reading the posts from your last whine before you post a new one is hardly "chasing".. It's just common sense.

We obviously have very different opinions of what is a "significant investment".

Oh and since you commented on it, I did make my Father proud, he died a long time ago, but before he did he had the chance to see me succeed, his definition of success was being able to send your kid to University and pay for it leaving them debt free when they graduated. I did that twice.

What next "your Mama" jokes?

What does any of that have to do with anything?

You are welcome to your opinions, enjoy blaming the "unfair game"or "they can spend more than me" or whatever excuses you want because you can not succeed. I stated in my post what was my experience. Instead of trying to attack maybe you could try to think of ways to counter this team that beat you?

You come across as a bitter self entitled whiner that thinks everything should be easy or fair, well, life does not give you a "participation" ribbon and neither does this game. Deal with it, just do the best that you can do given your limitations and be happy with what you DO achieve rather than being bitter about what you could not.

Oh, and keep banging that nerf drum.. If you end up successful it will make things so much more fun for the "greater masses" as you put it. After all, Poe is very farmable and available to everyone.

You really make no sense.

I am sorry to hear that your dad has long passed away, but who is the more entitled here?

I don't think everything should be fair. I have consistently maintained the position that P2P should get certain advantages for what they pay. If not, there will be no incentive to pay. Why not read some of my past posts? I guess you won't, but as you said, reading is FUNdamental.

Most nerf threads are indeed short-sighted, but not all of them are mere whines or complaints. As someone said in the forum, the definition of OP is when there is a lack of viable counter. Your solution is Chromium exclusives or jump onto the same one-shot kill bandwagon - which hurts the overall diversity.

Finally, my point is not about Poe anyway. He is a pain to deal with, but can be taken out with a high dps team and some luck. However, the overall balance seems broken with speedy heroes delivering too much damage, rendering slower heroes essentially obsolete. Even in your team, all of your heroes except Kit Fisto are high speed, high damage heroes.
  • Options
    Yeah agree with the OP. Poe and fotp are broken. I think devs didnt knew the impact that they would have in the game. Poe needs a remove of turn meter and fotp a drop in his hp to pair with ig88.
  • Options
    - Poe = lower his speed a bit so that he is not the first to go. Remove slow/expose and should only taunt for 1 turn
    - Han = increase his hp. A tank that has less hp than an attacker in this high dps meta is just silly
    - Chewie = increase his taunt to 2 turns and add slow/expose

The above suggestion is calling for a significant nerf to Poe, but he still remains dangerous as he can disrupt/dictate the flow with his fast speed and resist detrimental effects. Han is slower and has no self-heal, but can manipulate turn meter and withstand more punishment with higher hp. Chewie is the slowest, but brings the most powerful taunt with slow and expose.

The whole point here is each tank should have something unique that justifies using one over the other. Currently, Poe is clearly superior to the other two, making them obsolete and hence, hurting the diversity

By doing that you'll make Poe just as useless as any other Tank.
    If you give those effects to chewie, the "taunt" will last even LONGER because Chewie is slow and the taunt doesn't wear off until you have had 2 turns with Chewie/whoever taunts. Lol chewie also has greater health and will be even harder to kill because he has a heal special as well.

I destroy Poe all the time, he's beatable. if your struggling to defeat him, then maybe strategy games aren't for you. Poe is the only viable game tank atm. If your crying to nerf Poe you might as well cry to nerf FOTP, Qui-gon, Leia ect.

People these days, seriously lol
    Cycle: Struggle to beat, don't want to adjust for fear of falling behind, complain and cry for nerf
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    - Poe = lower his speed a bit so that he is not the first to go. Remove slow/expose and should only taunt for 1 turn
    - Han = increase his hp. A tank that has less hp than an attacker in this high dps meta is just silly

The above suggestion is calling for a significant nerf to Poe, but he still remains dangerous as he can disrupt/dictate the flow with his fast speed and resist detrimental effects. Han is slower and has no self-heal, but can manipulate turn meter and withstand more punishment with higher hp. Chewie is the slowest, but brings the most powerful taunt with slow and expose.

The whole point here is each tank should have something unique that justifies using one over the other. Currently, Poe is clearly superior to the other two, making them obsolete and hence, hurting the diversity

If you give those effects to chewie, the "taunt" will last even LONGER because Chewie is slow and the taunt doesn't wear off until you have had 2 turns with Chewie/whoever taunts. Lol chewie also has greater health and will be even harder to kill because he has a heal special as well.

I destroy Poe all the time, he's beatable. if your struggling to defeat him, then maybe strategy games aren't for you. Poe is the only viable game tank atm. If your crying to nerf Poe you might as well cry to nerf FOTP, Qui-gon, Leia ect.

Cycle: Struggle to beat, don't want to adjust for fear of falling behind, complain and cry for nerf

This is totally inaccurate. The only reason you beat poe is he didn't go first turn. The meta is literally whichever Poe goes first wins how is that strategic?
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    while there are multiple ways to deal with poe before he moves...those are all based on luck of the draw on which turn 7 character gets to move first. that's basically the best shot at countering him without losing 1-2 characters before you can move...not the best, but that's literally all we've got.
    mighty chlorians
  • Options
    Tak wrote: »
    This is totally inaccurate. The only reason you beat poe is he didn't go first turn. The meta is literally whichever Poe goes first wins how is that strategic?

Not totally inaccurate
    Giving Chewie the POE effects/moves/expose will make it worse. Chewie is allot slower meaning his taunt will last longer and he also has a good self heal.

And no I beat POE all the time. I don't use Poe anymore infact I traded him in for Poggle much better option as expose doesn't always land. I may slide in Chewie now and then but he's beatable.
    Get Qui-gonn to make your odds much better and if you cannot because you won't invest some $$$ into game then stop having a cry. Nothing is free.

@Subzero POSTED a video on here with him defeating POE with a "F2P" team. Seriously not that hard.
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Options
    seriously devs? GW refresh change was a low blow for more $$$
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Get Qui-gonn to make your odds much better and if you cannot because you won't invest some $$$ into game then stop having a cry. Nothing is free.

This is by far the worst argument made on the forums. Plenty of people spend money on this game. I'd venture to say that a majority of forum posters do spend varying amounts, as the forums typically attract the most hardcore of the player base. But many people are also realistic about the cost of obtaining a chromium exclusive toon that is viable for end game use. It's a lottery and it's not uncommon for it to cost $1000+ to obtain one...and that's just a random toon not even the one you want.
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    if you don't want to spend $$$ then by all means don't. Leia and Quigonn are teams that you can barely beat unless you get them also which makes it much easier. Why not complain about them also?
    What's funny is if everyone had access to Leia and Qui-gon (they were F2P), those who didn't would probably complain about them just like how it is with POE lmao.
    Post edited by FashionFett on
  • Options
    Willyfett wrote: »
    Yeah agree with the OP. Poe and fotp are broken. I think devs didnt knew the impact that they would have in the game. Poe needs a remove of turn meter and fotp a drop in his hp to pair with ig88.

Very true. Please comment here. @Willyfett https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/6947/nerf-poe-and-fotp#latest
  • Options
    You don't need Chromium packs to beat Poe. It's formula with easily obtained characters.

That said, this whole thing is quite ironic to me considering at the end of the holidays everyone was convinced Poe was garbage and all the people who got Phasma for free were the lucky ones.

Wow, how times change. Phasma is a lot faster to level though!
  • Options
    You don't need Chromium packs to beat Poe. It's formula with easily obtained characters.

That said, this whole thing is quite ironic to me considering at the end of the holidays everyone was convinced Poe was garbage and all the people who got Phasma for free were the lucky ones.

Wow, how times change. Phasma is a lot faster to level though!

I was one of those people, currently have phasma at 6 stars and she leads my pvp team, which is top ten, sometimes top 5 competitive but she will be benched once my aoe/dps team is ready in the next week or so.

• Options
    I really do hope we end up with live PVP one day or at least a much smarter AI.

As to Poe, I don't have many problems facing him. Even at 7* (can't tell if they've maxed gear or not) I still get Dooku and Sid before him consistently. If Dooku gets a second hit or Sid gets a healing immunity up its game over for Poe. He will taunt, die in 1-2 hits. Then I usually lose one hero and serious damage in another. I then heal with Lumi and finish the fight.

In all but the rarest RNG luck, Poe isn't a huge deal. If anything should be nerfed on him it might be the expose (should be nerfed on all heroes) expose should do maybe 10% or so and would be worth having but not horrendously over powered.

As mentioned above, tanks should get some love and hopefully soon, but Poe isn't an end all be all hero of over powered awesome.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

1. Do you realise your answer is actually supporting the view that Poe may be too good with his taunt/slow/expose package? By giving that same package to Chewie, you responded he will become too powerful
    2. My proposed hero design may not be the best, but the point was there needs to be a balance between speed and damage. Poe has everything whereas Chewie has none. Even if what I suggested could make Chewie too strong, at least you have the time to kill him because he is so slow. With Poe, you can't because he will go first and push everyone down
    3. I destroy Poe all the time as well. I have to because he is littered everywhere in my Top 10. Why do people think just because someone says an hero needs balancing = you are saying that because you can't beat him/her = noob?
    4. Leia is currently broken and just needs to be fixed to work as she was intended to. FOTP is high damage, but slow. There is a clear trade-off which I find little issue with him. QGJ and other speedy dps heroes are problematic IMHO because again, they are fast and deliver too much damage
    5. Is it really that difficult to see why an hero should not be fast and hit hard? It is killing the diversity. I could care more or less about a particular hero being nerfed. I really don't. Poe is just an example. Look at the solutions that people propose and use to counter the current speedy dps meta: jump on the speedy dps bandwagon. Look at SeroZero's video. It's essentially a speedy dps team. Look at BentWookie's team. It's essentially a speedy dps team. Do you see a Darth Maul or a Chewie in these solutions?
    Post edited by obiwan1011 on
  • Options
    @obiwan1011 I'm guessing your team is anti-Dps which is why your so against it. After reading the above comments yes chewbacca was a bad choice because it would make it even worse so bad choice of example there lol

Leia is broken too so you can't just cry about Poe but you probably have her which is why you won't really voice it. FOTP has too much health for someone with so much power that again is broken as he can 14k crit lol
    You cry so much about nerfing POE that I showed you a video with Subzero beating it with a F2P TEAM (yes FREEBIE TEAM) that anyone could get and now your complaint is about speedy dps bandwagon? What you don't want to put the effort in changing your current team?
    If you won't adapt and change/start a new setup to beat certain toon (Poe) based teams then quit.
    I've already given the link with Subzero using a team including "Datcha" to beat Poe. Lol please stop crying :smile:
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Lol this is soo true. Everyone who got phasma wouldn't acknowledge Poe at the same level as the other toons. They thought he was rubbish lmao. Only those who can't read details and figure strats wouldn't have seen how effective Poe is. Now that he's wrecking havoc those that didn't get him are definitely complaining especially because he's slow to farm which would make them fall behind (5 shards/day) trying to acquire lol. I used him straightaway and now he's 7 star. Lol 1000 crystals say that @Telaan and @obiwan1011 are one of those that didn't get a Poe lol

Terminator 2 ending scene:
    Arnold/T101 says to John Connor " I know now why you cry"
    Hahaha
    Naaaaw....

Like @ThePedroKid said, you don't need chromium packs to beat POE. Again for you noobs here's the video of a F2P team beating POE.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/4796/poe-dameron-is-too-powerful-in-squad-arena-nerf-in-the-coming-update/p4

• Tak
    352 posts Member
    Options
    SlyBeats wrote: »
    @obiwan1011 I'm guessing your team is anti-Dps which is why your so against it. After reading the above comments yes chewbacca was a bad choice because it would make it even worse so bad choice of example there lol

Leia is broken too so you can't just cry about Poe but you probably have her which is why you won't really voice it. FOTP has too much health for someone with so much power that again is broken as he can 14k crit lol
    You cry so much about nerfing POE that I showed you a video with Subzero beating it with a F2P TEAM (yes FREEBIE TEAM) that anyone could get and now your complaint is about speedy dps bandwagon? What you don't want to put the effort in changing your current team?
    If you won't adapt and change/start a new setup to beat certain toon (Poe) based teams then quit.
    I've already given the link with Subzero using a team including "Datcha" to beat Poe. Lol please stop crying :smile:

Another forum comment that is useless. Poe is full of issues and needs a re-balance like everyone is saying. I beat Poe teams too with a farmable f2p team but do you really think the current meta is fun???

Load up on the fastest damage characters you can find and hide them behind Poe is a horrible meta and basically only leaves ten characters being useful to stay competitive.

When was the last time you seen any build diversity ? The game will become very uninteresting very quick if all characters are useless except speed/damage behind a Poe
  • SlyBeats
    78 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Another forum comment that is useless. Poe is full of issues and needs a re-balance like everyone is saying. I beat Poe teams too with a farmable f2p team but do you really think the current meta is fun???

Don't get all mad now bro, the only useless thing in this forum is your unwillingness to adapt accordingly to beat him. When is the "current meta" ever fun?

Like I said before
    There's a video there of a F2P setup beating Poe, but let me guess you don't want to change current set up right? Lol
    Just quit bro, it's too hard for you to figure out
  • Options

That video is not accurate as of now since Poe moves faster than Poggle always right now.
  • Tak
    352 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Don't get all mad now bro, the only useless thing in this forum is your unwillingness to adapt accordingly to beat him. When is the "current meta" ever fun?

Like I said before
    There's a video there of a F2P setup beating Poe, but let me guess you don't want to change current set up right? Lol
    Just quit bro, it's too hard for you to figure out

I do best Poe? It's not balanced though as I'm sure you have found out??? He is in top tier speed now with a toolkit that removes 25% turn meter and aoe exposes.

Is it beatable? Sure in the hands of the ai, but seriously it actually requires me to either run another Poe or get lucky with a couple stuns on dps.

Your comment shows a very short foresight to game balance. Remember barris??? The reason the devs tuned her was she overperformed in everyway to every other healer. The exact same is true for poe. How can you sit there and argue its fine?

Btw your f2p counter squad doesn't even work half the time as its dependant on what dps Poe is backing and what speed. Most teams will have 2 characters dropped by the time you get a single move off. Not really a learn to play issue you think?
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

1. I not against any particular team build. What I would prefer to see is more diversity so that it is not just speedy dps-only. Don't you get tired of seeing the same team every day? I do - whether it is easy or not. Looks like you have some reading comprehension issues
    2. I am a F2P. I don't have Leia. I have said she needs to be fixed so that she doesn't have 100% proc rate. "Reading is FUNdamental"
    3. I will say it for the last time. I don't care if a particular hero (including Poe) gets nerfed or buffed because he is not the problem; it is the overall speed vs. damage balancing that is driving this "gather the big, fast guns and snipe behind Poe" (or similar) build at the moment
    4. As Heronmar posted above, Poe can now move faster than Dooku, Poggle or Datcha or whatever fancy stuff you have under your sleeves. So looks like you are not adapting fast enough or your server hasn't caught on there yet
    5. Yeah, that same old adapt or quit story... whatever
  • Options
    @obiwan1011
    Dps is what beats the opponent lest you forget. So of course there's always going to be a faster toon with dps over the others, what do you want everyone to be the same speed? Lol and no I see many different teams all at 60-62 with many varieties. The only reoccurring team I see is mostly Leia, Qui, FOTP which is ok because I have them also lol

I see now that your a F2P which is unfortunate. I basically pay for players like you to play and complain lol but it's all good.
    If you are a F2P player then follow the video I gave you. Change your line up.

Your obviously a hater towards the high dps teams like myself but hey what can you do? I guess all you do really is complain lol. If the high speed dps teams are the current meta why you crying for? When is the meta ever fun lol. If you won't follow freebie team in video and can't afford to spend $$$ to get Qui-gon or others then quit.
  • obiwan1011
    396 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @obiwan1011
    Dps is what beats the opponent lest you forget. So of course there's always going to be a faster toon with dps over the others, what do you want everyone to be the same speed? Lol and no I see many different teams all at 60-62 with many varieties. The only reoccurring team I see is mostly Leia, Qui, FOTP which is ok because I have them also lol

I see now that your a F2P which is unfortunate. I basically pay for players like you to play and complain lol but it's all good.

Your obviously a hater towards the high dps teams like myself but hey what can you do? I guess all you do really is complain lol. If the high speed dps teams are the current meta why you crying for? When is the meta ever fun lol. If you won't follow freebie team in video and can't afford to spend $$$ to get Qui-gon or others then quit.

- Did I say every hero has to be equal? Not even worth responding
    - There is nothing unfortunate about being a F2P. I have nothing against P2P because yes, they are the ones paying the bills. However, it's only unfortunate that there are some people like you who makes P2P look bad when most of them are good

Finally, I am done with you. So why not troll in other Poe posts and share your non-sense. There are plenty out there. Enjoy.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @obiwan1011

- Did I say every hero has to be equal? Not even worth responding
    - There is nothing unfortunate about being a F2P. I have nothing against P2P because yes, they are the ones paying the bills. However, it's only unfortunate that there are some people like you who makes P2P look bad when most of them are good

Finally, I am done with you. So why not troll in other Poe posts and share your non-sense. There are plenty out there. Enjoy.

I'm not sure why you bothered responding to slybeats in the first place. It's obvious from his first post that he's a troll. I'm p2w, most forum users are most likely p2w. This whole thing has nothing to do with that and he's attempting to use the oldest most obvious troll tactic in the book by baiting you in an attempt to derail the conversation.

image_zpsvpa2lgu3.jpeg

You've made many valid points in this thread. Keep up the good work.