Decrypting the latest transmission

Prev1345678
Aero
2972 posts Member
Screenshot_20160927-140857.png

Given that Scarif is an Imperial planet, the intercepted transmission almost definitely comes from the Empire.

Assuming that each . is a letter, it surely translates to:

"Your mission is to acquire ... ..."

My first guess was "Your mission is to acquire Jyn Erso" but that is 1 too many letters.

Replies

• Options
    Go to your inbox for briefing but nothing is there.

Did anyone get something?
  • Options
    Got the same, nothing in inbox think someone screwed up
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    they need all the server power to decode the message, prepare for another 20min server outage ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    my guess is that the time of the notification is local time dependent en the inbox message UTC or something and that we got the notification too early or something
  • Options
    d.r.i.n.k.y.o.u.r.o.v.a.l.t.i.n.e
  • Options
    Atlas1 wrote: »

Lmao! Thanks for the laugh this morning lol
  • Options
    Got a notification about scarif and prepare best squad, really weird.
  • Options
    warmonkey wrote: »

Lmao! Thanks for the laugh this morning lol

Whew....oh mylanta! At least somebody has there secret decoder ring handy still.
  • Options

Hahahaha!
  • Options
    Lol secret decoder
  • Options
    Yvan eht nioj
  • Options
    I also got the 2nd secret message telling me to check inbox but inbox is empty.
  • Options
    C'mon, tell us to go to our inbox and there is nothing....really?!?!
    I am the Reaper
  • Options
    C'mon, tell us to go to our inbox and there is nothing....really?!?!

Made you look!!

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

Been using that joke since yesterday :)
  • Options
    Gotta say that this is quite annoying tbh. If it is an accident, then they should say something. It's kind of ridiculous for he devs and publisher to run this forum and yet they won't say something simple to explain why they are pushing notifications for content that isn't in the game.
  • Options
    Yvan eht nioj

No I would go Air Force....great Simpsons call back!!
  • Options
    Yvan eht nioj

No I would go Air Force....great Simpsons call back!!

Haha! Too funny. Glad I'm not the only one that caught that @TroutFett18
  • Options

A crummy commercial?!?
  • Options
    Gotta say that this is quite annoying tbh. If it is an accident, then they should say something. It's kind of ridiculous for he devs and publisher to run this forum and yet they won't say something simple to explain why they are pushing notifications for content that isn't in the game.

A few things:

1) Your definition of "annoying" is different than mine.

2) They are trying to build some sense of mystery/urgency/fun. Because game.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options

A crummy commercial?!?

Hurry up Ralphie RANDYS GOTTA GO!!
    FN 2187, Mighty Chlorians (spelt with a lowercase l not a capital I): Heroic AAT Guide, The Gear Grind
  • Options
    Yvan eht nioj

Gasp! L.T. Smash!
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

A few things:

In my opinion, having mystery/urgency//fun means having something that draws the player, then giving the player clear instructions as to how to access said content, then executing the content once selected and played. They missed the 2 most important parts...
  • Options

Best post on OF EVER!! Made my day.
  • Options
    Nikoms565 wrote: »

A few things:

In my opinion, having mystery/urgency//fun means having something that draws the player, then giving the player clear instructions as to how to access said content, then executing the content once selected and played. They missed the 2 most important parts...

Agreed. Really annoying.
  • DashRendar
    379 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    I think the "go to your inbox to get briefed," then you open said inbox to no message and 0 chewie shards is mildly annoying. Just push out a complete product. But can't blame CG, Hillary probably got there first and deleted the message off their server. :0

#Scariffgate

Added #
  • Options
    DashRendar wrote: »
    I think the "go to your inbox to get briefed," then you open said inbox to no message and 0 chewie shards is mildly annoying. Just push out a complete product. But can't blame CG, Hillary probably got there first and deleted the message off their server. :0

#Scariffgate

Added #

This....+100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000
  • Options
    IvoB1987 wrote: »
    my guess is that the time of the notification is local time dependent en the inbox message UTC or something and that we got the notification too early or something

This is how it works
  • SunSoakedShadow
    16 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Removed by moderator.
    Post edited by BanthaPanda on
  • Options
    Not getting this message, just shows how unprofessional these developers are. It is simple basic coding. Not very hard to figure out for someone who has been trained to code.