***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    Tourneys done
    here are some screenshots so we can reminisnce

He may be banned but he lives on
    2xzkToj.png

rankings
    W7fKdFL.png
    A2J10px.png
    3J69pDh.png
    ituTg71.png
    s8Z1FiB.png

howd they get so many points?
    with these totally OP meta characters:
    zA0bTuo.jpg
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    oofalong wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    Interesting. Maybe my perspective comes from the shard I was in. In order to get top 100 you had to have over 6000 points. Top 200 was probably over 4000. If you spend a few hundered crystals in my shard you wouldn't have made top 1000 I would imagine.

No doubt about it, our shard was grueling and not fun. The fatigue for this event is high especially given how terrible the rewards are for all but 1st.

Fatigue is a good word for this. Players should say at the end of an event "cool, that was fun, I can't wait until it comes back". Instead they are saying "Phew, glad that is over, I hope it never comes back again".
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Thoroku
    31 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Well I'm a sad panda. Spent crystals hoping to reach the next tier at the end, finished 2 spots away. Someday I'll learn not to waste resources.
  • oofalong
    171 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Fatigue is a good word for this. Players should say at the end of an event "cool, that was fun, I can't wait until it comes back". Instead they are saying "Phew, glad that is over, I hope it never comes back again".

The common sentiment is: "Now I can get back to the other things in my life like work, family and really everything that isn't this game"
    Post edited by BentWookiee on
  • Options
    the lack of desire to ban cheaters because they spend money, it's deplorable.

Ooohwee. This is the part that really gets to me the most. I have played plenty of mmo's where they ban people without warning whenever they choose to exploit the system or abuse bugs. They don't care if you pay a membership, buy in-game items, or straight up throw your cash in an envelope and mail it to them. You cheat in other games, you will be banned. I don't understand why they allow it to run so rampant here.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

Ooohwee. This is the part that really gets to me the most. I have played plenty of mmo's where they ban people without warning whenever they choose to exploit the system or abuse bugs. They don't care if you pay a membership, buy in-game items, or straight up throw your cash in an envelope and mail it to them. You cheat in other games, you will be banned. I don't understand why they allow it to run so rampant here.

because it's not considered a cheat by the developers, just by some players.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    I spent a total of 150 crystals and finished at #191. I'm okay with that result/spend.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    leef wrote: »

LOL. It sounds like someone has dabbled in some exploits, huh? Do they consider ANYTHING a cheat? Exploit after exploit they just look the other way. "they designed the event with these issues" isn't an excuse. This tournament is just one of many examples.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    This event is a blatant money/crystal grab. Shame on EA!
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Taramel wrote: »
    Phipps wrote: »
    @warmonkey1024

You gotta sleep sometime.... o:)

maxresdefault.jpg

tsk tsk... someone fell asleep....... cost 5 spots :)@warmonkey1024

enery.jpg

Let's do this!

This is rogan in game.

Great effort there. You're deserving of the first place.
    It was a bit daunting when you climbed back up after the second day when I had an 1100 point gain on you.
    Congratulations!.
    But I coudnt be more proud of my guild. We moved as one single cohesive unit.
    No one had more fun then us in this tournament.
  • Options
    I would think without collusion competition would be greater and thus more spending
  • Options
    I don't feel cheated. I spent nothing and got top 500. I'm not going to be winning shoretrooper this go round, but I'm getting credits, omega mats, a raid gear box, and some shards, so i think it was awesome.

I also don't mind people who "exploited". its not so much a cheat since it was fully well within the rules despite not being in the spirit of the event. That's on EA/CG for missing a few loopholes. But I have faith it will be resolved in some way for the next tournament.
  • StarSon
    7509 posts Member
    Options

LOL. It sounds like someone has dabbled in some exploits, huh? Do they consider ANYTHING a cheat? Exploit after exploit they just look the other way. "they designed the event with these issues" isn't an excuse. This tournament is just one of many examples.

I think that's his point. The devs said "we do not encourage this" not "these users are exploiting the system and will be dealt with." They have clearly stated time and time again that they don't really care about what the players think are cheaters.
  • Options
    I'm not really sure what the issue is. I had fun, didn't spend more than a handful of crystals when I realized I had accidentally left myself with 4 viable characters for a last fight, and will take whatever rewards I get happily at the end of it. I don't see it as a money grab, as I didn't spend any money, didn't need to spend any money, and still got to play the event. I had no expectations of coming in at the top of the leaderboard as a result, but that's OK. It was still fun to have some new content to play. Whatever I get as prizes is a bonus to the normal gameplay.

• Broda
    310 posts Member
    Options
    So I am watching my rank fall from top 30 overnight to 90's. Ok, I expected that. I have managed to stay in the top 100, about to get to payout in 5 minutes. I can't get rid of the feeling of complete disappointment, wasted crystals, like I have been taken advantage of. Shame on me for allowing this to happen but once the rewards are given out, does anyone else sence an overwhelming gloom like around the time of Modgate? I know I am not alone. While the suits at EA are cheering about how much money this tournament made, is anyone raising their hands asking if they should abuse and fleece the playerbase this way? I mean designing the event with exploits and collusion rampant, the lack of desire to ban cheaters because they spend money, it's deplorable. No company should get away with treating it's customers this way. It's time for some good will EA/CG. Start treating the playerbase differently. I feel another mass exodus coming.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I felt utterly taken advantage of like a prostitute. I feel like EA/CG mission statement reads "screw the consumers!" My tournament shard was absolutely ridiculous and I had 500 more points than one of my guild mates and he was 60 ranks ahead of me. I have spent ~3000 crystals to stay in the top 100 only to slip to 105 at payout. So I could have spent 1/10 of that and remained in the same prize tier. Collusion was rampant. This event made me realize what a soulless cash grab this game is. It's become absolutely ridiculous and I am on my way out after this.
  • Options
    @warmonkey1024 ya congrats
  • Options
    There also needs to be more separation of lvl 80 players. Jus cause you are at lvl 80 doesn't mean that you have a full roster of fully moded and fully geared up characters.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Spent under 100 crystals (75 to be precise). Should finish around 160 or so. There are several things that just don't sit right with me about the tournament

1) The exploits weren't handled. And we don't know they will be ("addressed" means nothing - they "addressed" guild hopping...after several weeks)
    2) Poor communication. Most people still have no idea what /why the points awarded change.
    3) Clear money grab that only increases the many advantages whales alrwady have. The gap continues to widen....and now, at an alarming rate.
    4) Far too dependant on shard. I got lucky. 158 with less than 3k points. I have guildmates with weaker rosters that wouldn't have come close to placing where I did, because they were on harder shards.
    5) Not "new content". It's simply extended arena with a far more expensive price tag. 5 on 5 versus AI - that's arena.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    I wasted 25 crystals the first day before I figured out it would be pointless. I also had 4 squads left to use when it ended because I forgot the time. I think I finished in the 900s somewhere

Referring to it as a "tournament" is pretty generous.
  • tiS
    129 posts Member
    Options
    It was not a tournament like most assumed it would be a win and advance, lose and drop out or to a loser brackett is how tournaments are played, this was arena on crack! I don't mind it i just didnt participate in the useage of crystals to keep playing! For those who liked it congrats, im glad you did. I would still like an actual tournament mode with zero crystals involved. EA can keep the event as far as im concerned just change the name cuz this is no tourney lol
  • Options
    It wasn't a cheat but an exploit of a huge loophole that should have been caught before the Tournament was released. I don't understand why they would let this environment continue, it was known hours after the start of the event that collusion was going on. I think they should have immediately halted the tournament instead of saying they know there is a problem and only exploiters will win the top spots, but enjoy it anyway. What is that about?
  • Options
    The only good thing on this tournament was the double drop weekend, so if tournament come back I'll be happy just if double drop weekend comes along
  • Haihs
    151 posts Member
    Options
    The number 1 in my shard got around 31000 points
  • Options
    It was pretty cool. Big thanks to the devs for giving us new stuff, much appreciated.

My one issue was that this game is fun because long terms strategy execution trumps spending in most modes of the game, in this tournament it didn't.

Couple ideas so EA can get paid and we can play a strategy based game instead of just throwing crystals at each other next time:

-Run it like GW, TM and damage carry over for each guy into the next battle BUT...
    -You don't pay to refresh a character until they die and your roster never refreshes for free during the tournament.
    - Of course they'll keep paid refreshes, just start them at way more than 5 crystals, say 50 or 100.

- Do not allow the same players to be used on offense and defense. EA's gonna have an issue with this. They don't want us making it easy on each other so here's how it could work:
    - Force us to pick D squad players from the top 10 or 15 characters on our roster in order of power.
    - Don't allow changes on the D squad, or limit to one a day or something.

With these changes we'd be making a lot more complex, strategic decisions on who to play when and how to carry out battles. And that's the sort of fun that keeps us all coming back.

From my guild chat I'm pretty sure EA will be impressed by the profitability of the tournaments and we will be seeing many more of them in the future.
  • Options
    Haihs wrote: »
    The number 1 in my shard bought around 31000 points

Ooohwee. Fixed that for you.

• Options
    So next time don't spend as many crystals.

The #1 guy in my bracket had 14014 points when I checked last night, the #2 guy had just under 10,000.

The moral of the story? Everyone went into this tournament with the prejudice that they had to spend a bajillion dollars to "win." I spent 50 crystals the entire thing and finished in the 1000-1500 bracket, so I feel that I won.

Learn from it and do better next time.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Lkw
    125 posts Member
    Options
    Feels really bad to be in the 60's with an hour left and find out you finished 103.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

I haven't dabbled in exploits at all. I personally think that guildhopping, alt factory and buddy-ing in tournaments etc. are all cheesy and lame, so i didn't do any of those. I think the devs should put systems in place that block loopholes like these. But my personal oppinion on these matters is irrelevant, only the developers can decide whether something is, or is not a cheat/exploit.
    Since the developers clearly don't consider the above mentioned "tactics" cheating or exploiting it's completely unfair to take action against players who use these "tactics".
    I think the devs even went out of their way to still keep a loophole that allows altfarming and players to do twice as much raids as conventional guilds.
    At the end of the day you can call them cheaters/exploiters all you want, but it's simply not true. Now you have a choice; also use those "tactics" or find a way to be okay with it happening, because if the past has taught us anything, it's that noone will be banned for "outsmarting" the system. claiming multiple rewards that just show up in your inbox on the other hand does get your account susspended. Crazy huh, just claiming something that magically shows up is an offence, but putting in crazy much effort to con the system isnt.
    But like i said, my personal oppinion is irrelevant. I don't know what their angle is to keep allowing loopholes like this one, but taking action agianst other stuff. But they probably have their reasons and we just have to deal with the decisions they make.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Options
    So I am watching my rank fall from top 30 overnight to 90's. Ok, I expected that. I have managed to stay in the top 100, about to get to payout in 5 minutes. I can't get rid of the feeling of complete disappointment, wasted crystals, like I have been taken advantage of. Shame on me for allowing this to happen but once the rewards are given out, does anyone else sence an overwhelming gloom like around the time of Modgate? I know I am not alone. While the suits at EA are cheering about how much money this tournament made, is anyone raising their hands asking if they should abuse and fleece the playerbase this way? I mean designing the event with exploits and collusion rampant, the lack of desire to ban cheaters because they spend money, it's deplorable. No company should get away with treating it's customers this way. It's time for some good will EA/CG. Start treating the playerbase differently. I feel another mass exodus coming.

Buyers remorse. And make no mistake, you bought your rewards. Now, what did you learn from this? If you learned a lesson, or gained new insight, then you came away a more enlightened player. Hopefully these feelings you speak of will last, and help with such decisions in the future.
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    So next time don't spend as many crystals.

The #1 guy in my bracket had 14014 points when I checked last night, the #2 guy had just under 10,000.

The moral of the story? Everyone went into this tournament with the prejudice that they had to spend a bajillion dollars to "win." I spent 50 crystals the entire thing and finished in the 1000-1500 bracket, so I feel that I won.

Learn from it and do better next time.

Hmmm. I think you need to learn what the word win means.

This auction was awful. Hope it never comes back