***TOURNAMENT MEGATHREAD*** (All related posts here)

Replies

• Options
    @Tannjam - you are correct.
    We got some loot which otherwise would have costed like 500-600 crystals.

Good point you make...uuuummmmhhhmmm
  • Options
    Valace2 wrote: »
    I feel that sense of complete and total waste because even though I placed high the only actual raid gear I recieved was some furnace salvage while I am watching guild mates recieve full pieces placing in the hundred and even thousands.

Absolute waste.

+10000
  • Tordyn
    6 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I was told to come here and post this via Tech. Support. Shaun was the agent who helped me.

-Issue Summary: I was ranked 3rd place and I watched as the time ticked down from 5 minutes to zero. I started watching the clock in the game at 9:55 AM Est US Time until 10 AM Est US when the tournament ended. I was still in third place. I come back in and it says wait 1 hour for your reward. When I go to see the reward it says I got 5th place. I paid a lot of crystals to get to 3rd place and maintain it. I watched the timer go down just in case someone jumped me, I could easily go in and pass them.

-Issue Details: I did not get the correct rewards. I was rewarded for 5th place and should of received 3rd place rewards.

-Game Mode: Shores of Scarif Squad Tournament

-Region: US Eastern

-Date & Time: 10-06-2016 at 9:55 AM to 10 AM Eastern Time Zone

I have not touched the rewards in my inbox so that there is no confusion. I will wait for the rewards I EARNED. There is a significant difference between rank 3 and rank 5 when it comes to rewards.

Sincerely,

Tordyn
  • Options
    Anyone ever heard of the twenty dollar auction?

You start an auction at 1dollar and the winner gets 20 dollars. However the loser still has to pay his bid. Quickly a few people bet 1,2,then 3 dollars.

Soon the bids get up to 15 dollars at which point the loser at 14 dollars doesn't want to pay 14 to lose and bids 16 dollars. Then the person who is about to lose 15dollars doesn't want to lose that and goes up to 17.

Before you know it, they are up to 24 and 25 dollars and they all are set to lose. They real competition is who loses the least.

It's actually a really fun way to start a charity auction.

However, this is the way we just went for shore trooper. Based upon previous pricing, we just paid X amount to get a toon worth 150-200 dollars.

I feel silly putting any crystals in.

I did enjoy the tourney though just didn't like the rewards.
  • Options
    Tannjam wrote: »
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    Came in 158. Spent 75 crystals total (50 this morning - 25 probably unnecessarily) - rewards below. Not impressed. Honestly, entire tournament was a big let down, imho. The mediocre rewards (I get better gear from the T7 raids every other day) are just the rotten cherry on top of the garbage sundae this whole "event" was.

sgQhIhV.png?1

I'd say you made out like a bandit:
    • You made 2.3M credits. A Credit Mega-Pack in the store results in 560K-1.68M Credits and costs 595 crystals. You got 1.3x the max reward.
    • You got 3 Omega mats. To refresh an Omega event twice (for two extra) it costs 600 crystals.
    • You got 25 character shards which equates to 1-2 chromium pack purchases (350 crystals).
    • You got one fully crafted piece of gear that sells in shipments for 273-300 crystals.
    • You got 40 furnace prototypes. You could get slightly less (36) in a Galactic Gear Pack for 599 crystals.
    • You got 12 MK3 ability mats. I'd estimate their value at at least 2 Cantina refreshes (200 crystals).

All told, I'd put your reward worth at nearly 2800 crystals for an investment of 75. I'm no investment banker, but I'd say you did well.

Couldn't agree more.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I understand what you are saying, but as a primarily f2p player:

- I don't buy credit packs (instead, 2.3 million credits is one run at the heist)
    - I don't refresh the omega events (nor does virtually anyone save for whales in the upper 70s levels), so that refresh cost is irrelevant
    - 25 character shards - yes, that is a good deal. And I will have a viable shoretrooper in about 13-14 more tournaments.
    - Raid gear - as mentioned, better rewards in T7 raids.
    - Mk3 ability mats - that was about 3 challenge runs worth.

I stated that the rewards were mediocre - for a 3 day event. And that the event, in general, was a let down and poorly executed. I stand by those statements - and apparently there are a number of people posting on the forum that agree.
    That has nothing to do with the value of the items you got when compared to the cost to purchase in the store. You can be disappointed all you want... but for a modest investment of both time and crystals - you got back some comparatively good returns.
    It's your prerogative to be unhappy with them, with the tourney itself, etc. But I don't think you should be unhappy with the rewards compared to your investment (which is the overall point I'm trying to make).

I hear you. But I would just add that crystals isn't the only thing invested. Time is the other factor - and for a 3 day event...well, now we're talking is circles, so we will just have to agree to disagree on what constitutes "comparatively good" and what is "mediocre".
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Tulkas
    253 posts Member
    Options
    Loved the tournament! So many guildie springboarders though. I didn't totally mind cuz I used them too even though I was completely unaffiliated with them. Just opportunistic.
  • Options
    Came in 158. Spent 75 crystals total (50 this morning - 25 probably unnecessarily) - rewards below. Not impressed. Honestly, entire tournament was a big let down, imho. The mediocre rewards (I get better gear from the T7 raids every other day) are just the rotten cherry on top of the garbage sundae this whole "event" was.

sgQhIhV.png?1

I'd say you made out like a bandit:
    • You made 2.3M credits. A Credit Mega-Pack in the store results in 560K-1.68M Credits and costs 595 crystals. You got 1.3x the max reward.
    • You got 3 Omega mats. To refresh an Omega event twice (for two extra) it costs 600 crystals.
    • You got 25 character shards which equates to 1-2 chromium pack purchases (350 crystals).
    • You got one fully crafted piece of gear that sells in shipments for 273-300 crystals.
    • You got 40 furnace prototypes. You could get slightly less (36) in a Galactic Gear Pack for 599 crystals.
    • You got 12 MK3 ability mats. I'd estimate their value at at least 2 Cantina refreshes (200 crystals).

All told, I'd put your reward worth at nearly 2800 crystals for an investment of 75. I'm no investment banker, but I'd say you did well.

- I don't buy credit packs (instead, 2.3 million credits is one run at the heist)
    - I don't refresh the omega events (nor does virtually anyone save for whales in the upper 70s levels), so that refresh cost is irrelevant
    - 25 character shards - yes, that is a good deal. And I will have a viable shoretrooper in about 13-14 more tournaments.

I stated that the rewards were mediocre - for a 3 day event. And that the event, in general, was a let down and poorly executed. I stand by those statements - and apparently there are a number of people posting on the forum that agree.

This is such a glass half empty view. Would you of rather not had these rewards for the minimal effort you probably put in? I am sure someone would be thrilled to take them off your hands.

All these rewards are in addition to the omega battles/dailies, the daily challenges and the credit heist. The event was about shoretrooper. What more do you want? Crystals? What did you get? 1 raid gear pack (which is all RNG)? Did you expect that to be better than the rancor? By simply looking at the rewards you can see what you expect to get.

I don't know, I just don't get what you were expecting to receive. A new car maybe?
  • Options

That has nothing to do with the value of the items you got when compared to the cost to purchase in the store. You can be disappointed all you want... but for a modest investment of both time and crystals - you got back some comparatively good returns.
    It's your prerogative to be unhappy with them, with the tourney itself, etc. But I don't think you should be unhappy with the rewards compared to your investment (which is the overall point I'm trying to make).

nailed it!
  • Options
    Another bug in the tournament:

I was 690th or something. About 4800 points out of the 100 spot.

I used my final team 10 minutes before the countdown and somehow jumped to 78th.

Got the Scarif.

I'm not complaining, but that makes no sense.
  • Options

I hear you. But I would just add that crystals isn't the only thing invested. Time is the other factor - and for a 3 day event...well, now we're talking is circles, so we will just have to agree to disagree on what constitutes "comparatively good" and what is "mediocre".

The rewards were clearly stated the entire time. If it wasn't worth your time, why did you spend it?
  • Options
    Tordyn wrote: »
    I was told to come here and post this via Tech. Support. Shaun was the agent who helped me.

-Issue Summary: I was ranked 3rd place and I watched as the time ticked down from 5 minutes to zero. I started watching the clock in the game at 9:55 AM Est US Time until 10 AM Est US when the tournament ended. I was still in third place. I come back in and it says wait 1 hour for your reward. When I go to see the reward it says I got 5th place. I paid a lot of crystals to get to 3rd place and maintain it. I watched the timer go down just in case someone jumped me, I could easily go in and pass them.

-Issue Details: I did not get the correct rewards. I was rewarded for 5th place and should of received 3rd place rewards.

I have not touched the rewards in my inbox so that there is no confusion. I will wait for the rewards I EARNED. There is a significant difference between rank 3 and rank 5 when it comes to rewards.

Sincerely,

Tordyn

This happened to me, I was 100 when the clock stopped and i received rewards for 101.
    I will not accept this, This should be like regular arena when time stops if is anyone fighting doesnt count anymore
  • Options
    Just once I would like to see a post like this from someone with 500+ posts.. lol

lol I don't generally post. I read enough, though, and have put way more hours into playing the game than I care to admit.

• Options
    I hated it, well except for the first hour or so. I spent 100 crystals only to find out everyone high in my shard was 5k power better than me. I started off in the top 300 but fell every hour from that, the best I could do most fights was kill one or two of my opponents guys. Finished 2110, most of my points were gained in that first hour.

On the plus side it saved me money not being able to be competative. So I guess thats something.
  • Options

But how much time did you invest? With my roster, I was able to do 4 attemps per day, and i spent 150 crystals on refreshes yesterday/this morning (4 more attempts). I'd say attempts averaged 2 minutes or less. That's an investment of a little over half an hour.
    The average F2P player is investing at least that much time into Galactic War each day.
  • Options
    How are f2p supposed to advance in rank in one of those 'takes 4k points to be in top 200' shards without fighting blue teams huh? Letting us switch defensive teams caused people to collude to get on top but it also enabled a lot of f2p to place much higher than they would have had otherwise! Why can nobody see this?
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    Brownie wrote: »

The rewards were clearly stated the entire time. If it wasn't worth your time, why did you spend it?

Honestly? Because I enjoy this game for the most part, and was trying to give the tournament a fair shake.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options
    Nickielll wrote: »

Sincerely,

Tordyn

This happened to me, I was 100 when the clock stopped and i received rewards for 101.
    I will not accept this, This should be like regular arena when time stops if is anyone fighting doesnt count anymore

CG will NEVER read your post, i'm very sorry.... But as this was a 'earning points' contest, just like when you face the raid, someone could have easily entered in the last minute, wiped some team out and get your spot, since the rewards aren't payed exactly at the end of the tournament (as it is in the arena)
  • Options
    Never got the chance to invest crystals I was in a shard where my 35k team was up against 40k+ most fights I only got to kill 1 or 2 if my opponents guys. First hour refreshed once then everyone else started to play. Hated the tournament loved the double drops.
  • Options
    The0n3 wrote: »

Sincerely,

Tordyn

CG will NEVER read your post, i'm very sorry.... But as this was a 'earning points' contest, just like when you face the raid, someone could have easily entered in the last minute, wiped some team out and get your spot, since the rewards aren't payed exactly at the end of the tournament (as it is in the arena)

Ive already spoken to Tech Support on the phone. They told me they have my last spot recorded as 3rd place in the tournament. There was a glitch and told me to post here for them to fix.

• Options
    Several people in my guild have quit the game completely due to this mockery of a tournament
  • Options
    It was kind of like a pvp raid with 10,000 participants per group instead of only fifty. I think the overabundance of level 80s is what created the biggest negative experience. I might have 30 7*s but 1/3 are level 50 and only a 1/3 are g9+. Meaning I can only use 2-3 teams at most whereas the top players can use 5-6. So there needs to be a split there to create a healthier competitive environment.
  • Options
    Yeah me too... now bring the omega events please...
    Do or do not...
  • The0n3
    984 posts Member
    Options

Sincerely,

Tordyn

Ive already spoken to Tech Support on the phone. They told me they have my last spot recorded as 3rd place in the tournament. There was a glitch and told me to post here for them to fix.

Oh, in that case, i hope they fix it for you man!
  • Options

Sincerely,

Tordyn

Oh, in that case, i hope they fix it for you man!

Me too Brother. Thanks Bud.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    Options
    I want to apologize for "eating up" a lot of this thread with what seems like, and might be, complaining. In the spirit of my "fair shake" comment above, I realize that many of posts have been primarily about the negatives. That's not exactly fair.

Honestly, I enjoyed certain aspects of the tournament:

1) Being able to try to utilize parts of my roster that haven't been used together before. As a mostly f2p player, I was forced to try to squeeze as many viable teams/day into the event as I could. I ran a Jedi team, an Empire team, a droid team, a Rebel team and then, even a mish-mosh Phasma+Daka+Ewoks team. I even tried to trot out a "left overs" team if I saw a weaker opponent on refreshes. Even if they were able to only take down one or two enemies for a handful of point, it was fun. Being forced to go with something other than just my "best 5" (arena) was more akin to GW (which I love). That aspect was certainly fun.

2) I must admit, that the rewards, when taken within the context are decent. I know above I labelled them "mediocre" for a 3 day event. Upon further reflection, that's not really fair. The raid gear was mediocre - but the purple mats, omegas, shards and credits were all solid rewards.

The event does need some work - but was a decent start.

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    So I am watching my rank fall from top 30 overnight to 90's. Ok, I expected that. I have managed to stay in the top 100, about to get to payout in 5 minutes. I can't get rid of the feeling of complete disappointment, wasted crystals, like I have been taken advantage of. Shame on me for allowing this to happen but once the rewards are given out, does anyone else sence an overwhelming gloom like around the time of Modgate? I know I am not alone. While the suits at EA are cheering about how much money this tournament made, is anyone raising their hands asking if they should abuse and fleece the playerbase this way? I mean designing the event with exploits and collusion rampant, the lack of desire to ban cheaters because they spend money, it's deplorable. No company should get away with treating it's customers this way. It's time for some good will EA/CG. Start treating the playerbase differently. I feel another mass exodus coming.

Buyers remorse. And make no mistake, you bought your rewards. Now, what did you learn from this? If you learned a lesson, or gained new insight, then you came away a more enlightened player. Hopefully these feelings you speak of will last, and help with such decisions in the future.

Maybe it is buyers remorse. In other words, this event accomplished the following:

3. FTP and light spenders are either alienated by another P2W aspect of the game OR they are ok with it because they didn't care and weren't that engaged.
    Hey, thanks for speaking for me because obviously, as a lowly free player I'm not worthy of speaking for myself, buddy.

I spent 50 crystals and did several attacks a day with characters I wouldn't normally use. I was very engaged and had the most fun when using grossly undergeared characters with the goal of just killing one or two dudes for a couple extra points. I finished with 1998 points, so don't go writing off my experience because it doesn't jive with yours...

I wasn't writing off your experience, I was summarizing other's opinions that I have read on here and Reddit. It wasn't meant to be as an insult by any means. Your 50 crystals and 1998 points equals not that engaged because you didn't care to compete. That is all I was saying. If you enjoyed it, great.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    From EAJesse
    "We are also aware that some players are colluding to quickly gain points in the Tournament. This behavior is not something we encourage and we will be taking steps to prevent this in future tournaments."

This sounds to me like the devs are calling the exploit a cheat.
    Not to be argumentative but it doesn't to me.
    "not something we encourage" does not mean "not something we allow" or "something against the rules".
    It's more along the line of "not something we're happy to see being done" (because we didn't foresee it and it gives an unfair advantage to those who can do it?).
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    the lack of desire to ban cheaters because they spend money, it's deplorable.

Ooohwee. This is the part that really gets to me the most. I have played plenty of mmo's where they ban people without warning whenever they choose to exploit the system or abuse bugs. They don't care if you pay a membership, buy in-game items, or straight up throw your cash in an envelope and mail it to them. You cheat in other games, you will be banned. I don't understand why they allow it to run so rampant here.

because it's not considered a cheat by the developers, just by some players.

LOL. It sounds like someone has dabbled in some exploits, huh? Do they consider ANYTHING a cheat? Exploit after exploit they just look the other way. "they designed the event with these issues" isn't an excuse. This tournament is just one of many examples.

I haven't dabbled in exploits at all. I personally think that guildhopping, alt factory and buddy-ing in tournaments etc. are all cheesy and lame, so i didn't do any of those. I think the devs should put systems in place that block loopholes like these. But my personal oppinion on these matters is irrelevant, only the developers can decide whether something is, or is not a cheat/exploit.
    Since the developers clearly don't consider the above mentioned "tactics" cheating or exploiting it's completely unfair to take action against players who use these "tactics".
    I think the devs even went out of their way to still keep a loophole that allows altfarming and players to do twice as much raids as conventional guilds.
    At the end of the day you can call them cheaters/exploiters all you want, but it's simply not true. Now you have a choice; also use those "tactics" or find a way to be okay with it happening, because if the past has taught us anything, it's that noone will be banned for "outsmarting" the system. claiming multiple rewards that just show up in your inbox on the other hand does get your account susspended. Crazy huh, just claiming something that magically shows up is an offence, but putting in crazy much effort to con the system isnt.
    But like i said, my personal oppinion is irrelevant. I don't know what their angle is to keep allowing loopholes like this one, but taking action agianst other stuff. But they probably have their reasons and we just have to deal with the decisions they make.
    I'm sure they try but then people find another way to go around them
  • Options
    Stormy wrote: »
    I said it before, and I'll put my stamp on it all the way to HQ- Worst gaming experience ever.

agreed