Well, they warned me about Finn...

Replies

• Options
    I like Finn, he hits hard for a tank, has good energy. I'm working on my resistance team.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    Bank your tokens. One of the Devs said they will be making changes to shipments in an upcoming update.

Where did u see that? And bank as in save or bank like spend like crazy? Lol
  • thisgameisdope
    297 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    What level is your finn? I guess only 4* ....saw 7* finn and he is really tanky....you must see his health omg....about his abilities might be right but saying and making conlusion based on 4* only is bad....do you think 4* POE is OP? no he is not at all....
  • Options
    Yeah rey is pretty strong. I dont think Poe is OP but as a fellow radical if u think he is Op then ill ride for u
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Willkimm98 wrote: »
    Bank your tokens. One of the Devs said they will be making changes to shipments in an upcoming update.

Where did u see that? And bank as in save or bank like spend like crazy? Lol

It's a Dev comment buried deep in a thread. I don't remember which one, sorry; but one did say it. By bank I mean save.
  • Abyss
    1651 posts Member
    Options
    Qeltar wrote: »
    Well everyone always complains about me wanting nerfs, so maybe this counteracts it a bit. This guy could use a buff, especially compared to the likes of Rey, Poe and Phasma.
    I don't need him for the tank challenge. But he could be useful in GW I suppose.
    @CaptainPlatypus - Might as well finish him off, a toon is a toon. :) But I'm going to have to switch to someone else in Cantina now I think. Not sure who.

Buff???
    Qeltar u feelin ok buddy????

Just teasin ya pal, i find finn to be quite underwhelming as well tbh. I wouod lump him in the "plz buff list" as long as good ol' Mr. Windu gets a muh needed buff first haha
  • Options
    I stubbornly unlocked him anyway, spent 1.3M credits to get him to level 62, got him up to gear VI or so.. and he's hopelessly average. Is he the least impressive of all the characters made on the main movie stars? Rey and Phasma are strong, Poe is overpowered, Kylo Ren is at least solid. Finn is... well, maybe I just haven't found a role for him yet, but he's slow, and one of his abilities is basically a waste of a turn. He hits decently for a tank but has no taunt so he's not a real tank. His special can expose, which is nice, but due to his speed he gets that once per fight and that's it.
    Maybe they will give him a bit of a buff. He's nowhere near the potential of the other name star characters from Episode 7.. which would explain why I never see him in fights.

Perhaps he shines as a leader with Poe, Rey, Resistance Pilot and Poggle in support?

• Options
    He's hopelessly bad in the movie too. Makes sense they would make him bad in the game too.
  • Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Yeah he is craptastic, I guess he might be good in a suicide squad for GW.

This is what I use him for. He's great for tossing in with some other high health crap-stars and sniping one critical hero so your main squad can clean up. It's good insurance for the final 3 teams in GW.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha - Thanks again for the tip on GS. Even at only 2* he just helped me with a tough GW fight with multiple glass cannons where my usual squad was struggling. If I had back the 80 shards I put into Finn, GS would now be half way between 4* and 5* and kicking butt. Either way I will keep at him until I get high enough to unlock Dooku's GW node.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Just found out the hard way that Finn has a Tenacity of close to nothing. His only good special attack is near-useless because it is constantly resisted. Even in PvE it is resisted over 80% of the time.
    Such a shame.
  • Options
    He's one of the toons I wish they would give a shield ability to. Shield ability is an idea to buff tanks, give the tanks that need some love like Finn an ability that lets them "shield" damage from a selected target, not exacactly like taunt but maybe something like this could be used to make some tanks a little more useful.
  • Options
    alkaiser93 wrote: »
    Only farm Finn if you're planning to build a Resistance Team.

He should be First Order since that's how he was trained
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    He's one of the toons I wish they would give a shield ability to. Shield ability is an idea to buff tanks, give the tanks that need some love like Finn an ability that lets them "shield" damage from a selected target, not exacactly like taunt but maybe something like this could be used to make some tanks a little more useful.

That would be kinda cool.
    Right now the guy is pretty disappointingly useless. Even in PvE he is useless:
    1. His basic attack is boring and has no special anything to it except for a tiny bit of extra damage (since his base damage is low anyway). To even get use of that I have to keep track of whom he has already attack, which is adding tedious to mundane.
    2. He has a mild self-heal which is nice, but the advantage buff is basically pointless because he is so slow that every time I try to use it, it's gone before his next attack.
    3. His expose/stun is constantly resisted.
    4. He's another tank with no taunt.
    Basically, he's a meatbag. He takes a while to kill but he's not really doing anything to you in the meantime anyway so who cares? Now granted I have him at 4*, but I have other guys at 4* or even lower who outperform him already.
    It's hard to believe he was released in the same batch as Poe, Rey, Phasma and Kylo...
  • Options

That would be kinda cool.
    Right now the guy is pretty disappointingly useless. Even in PvE he is useless:
    1. His basic attack is boring and has no special anything to it except for a tiny bit of extra damage (since his base damage is low anyway). To even get use of that I have to keep track of whom he has already attack, which is adding tedious to mundane.
    2. He has a mild self-heal which is nice, but the advantage buff is basically pointless because he is so slow that every time I try to use it, it's gone before his next attack.
    3. His expose/stun is constantly resisted.
    4. He's another tank with no taunt.
    Basically, he's a meatbag. He takes a while to kill but he's not really doing anything to you in the meantime anyway so who cares? Now granted I have him at 4*, but I have other guys at 4* or even lower who outperform him already.
    It's hard to believe he was released in the same batch as Poe, Rey, Phasma and Kylo...

But as Lender mentioned, I wonder how he would perform in a resistance team. His leader ability seems like it would be alright. But I haven't heard of anybody trying out/ building such a team.
  • Options
    Thanks for the advice all.

I am doing this with all three token types. But I have to farm Cantina to get Cantina tokens, and I refill twice a day, so that's 360 energy that has to go somewhere.
    I already have Kylo unlocked. I won't deny that he's good but I haven't found a place for him full time yet.

Do you have a 7* Geo Soldier? If not you could be farming that node.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

I am doing this with all three token types. But I have to farm Cantina to get Cantina tokens, and I refill twice a day, so that's 360 energy that has to go somewhere.
    I already have Kylo unlocked. I won't deny that he's good but I haven't found a place for him full time yet.

The only problem in doing that is farming from that low of a table means a loss in resources and shipment currency.

You could give Mace a try in case he gets buffed.
  • Options
    Finn was average in the movie what did you expect?
    Kylo Poe rey they were badass
  • Options
    @JohnnySteelAlpha - Thanks again for the tip on GS. Even at only 2* he just helped me with a tough GW fight with multiple glass cannons where my usual squad was struggling. If I had back the 80 shards I put into Finn, GS would now be half way between 4* and 5* and kicking butt. Either way I will keep at him until I get high enough to unlock Dooku's GW node.

Awesome. He's great in GW. The multiple hit points from gaining meter on crits is a big tactical advantage. I was running FOTP in my GW team for about a week or so and once I had GS to 7* I tried putting him in there instead of FOTP and my team just performs better with GS because he hits earlier and he hits more often - that results in me taking less damage and I can focus fire on a key enemy much earlier in the match. He's tactically superior to other attackers as a result of that speed + assist ability. I can't believe he's the first node on Cantina - he's just as deadly as Chrome-only QGJ ... he's truly one of the best characters in the game.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Awesome. He's great in GW. The multiple hit points from gaining meter on crits is a big tactical advantage. I was running FOTP in my GW team for about a week or so and once I had GS to 7* I tried putting him in there instead of FOTP and my team just performs better with GS because he hits earlier and he hits more often - that results in me taking less damage and I can focus fire on a key enemy much earlier in the match. He's tactically superior to other attackers as a result of that speed + assist ability. I can't believe he's the first node on Cantina - he's just as deadly as Chrome-only QGJ ... he's truly one of the best characters in the game.

He really is pretty good. Hopefully he won't get nerfed simply by virtue of being used a lot, because I don't think he's broken due to still being pretty low health even at high stars. (Which is the problem with FOTP at 7*). Thanks again.
    @returnoftheewok - Stop trolling my threads with your nonsense.
  • Options

Shhhhhhhh...... let's keep that on the DL.
    IGN: Malmsteen's Comet
  • Options
    You would think, a sanitation stormtrooper would know how to clean up things. :)
  • Options
    Just found out the hard way that Finn has a Tenacity of close to nothing. His only good special attack is near-useless because it is constantly resisted. Even in PvE it is resisted over 80% of the time.
    Such a shame.

I think tenacity is the chance your toon resists and potency is how effective your special is.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    Wolf_359 wrote: »
    Such a shame.

I think tenacity is the chance your toon resists and potency is how effective your special is.

You're right, thanks.
    Laughably, his potency is even worse than his tenacity: 2%. Wow. No wonder nothing lands!
  • Options
    Fabzorz wrote: »

The only problem in doing that is farming from that low of a table means a loss in resources and shipment currency.

You could give Mace a try in case he gets buffed.

But Mace is pretty bad, and Geo is really, really good. :) The minimal loss in cantina currency is worth it.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    That's disappointing.

I borrowed him from an ally a couple of times and he seemed decent, so started unlocking him to help in light side missions.

I'm at 52 of 80. Should I stop? Or just finish him to get it over with?

Anybody had any joy with him?

I got him right when I started out of luck and he was great at low levels, but insanely slow at leveling his gear up after lvl V gear. I'm lvl 58 and phasing him out of my lineup and its not easy to get character shards to improve him
  • Options
    I use him in GW and he does really well. His expose is semi reliable, his health is good and a bit of a self heal. His basic hits really hard once per enemy, which is enough in GW. For arena he is probably too slow to amount to much though.
  • Options
    I think Finn is pretty decent especially early to mid game which is where I am right now (lv54)

I pulled him from one of my first chromium packs and my first thoughts were 'a tank with no taunt?' however he hits hard and has high health. His basic attack deals good damage on first hit and his assists of QGJ are amazing also with phasma. His buff isn't so great but I'm starting to use it a little more when there are less enemies to deliver a quick finish. His expose and stun isn't that reliable bit still does a good job.

He's better in GW but a useful sub in to arena team if I I'm too jedi heavy and facing anti jedi teams

The main problems are levelling him which you can't really do before about lv54 and the cantina shard drop rates aren't great.
    UK/Euro guild - GrievousGenerals recruiting - lv85+ Discord @Starjumper#8384
  • Reyia
    1171 posts Member
    Options
    BentWookie wrote: »
    Yeah he is craptastic, I guess he might be good in a suicide squad for GW.

I would have said so myself :) Just another 'tank' to suicide in GW that's all. He got no place in current speedy damage meta.

Do farm GS, I'm doing so myself in my main. I have him at 7* in my alt and he is a beast! Highly recommended.

Jump on the GS train before he gets nerfed.