Where should I go from here?

Prev1
I have been playing this game for about a week and I am loving it, but I am beginning to slow down and was wondering where I should be going from here. I'm starting to notice some intricacies and want to make sure I am not wasting any more resources on unhelpful aspects.

My Details:
Level 45
Heroes:
Talia - 4* - LV. 43 - 4/65 - Gear LV. 6
Chewy - 4* - LV. 43 - 18/65 - Gear LV. 5
Luke - 4* - LV. 44 - 0/65 - Gear LV. 5
Qui-Gon Jinn - 3* - LV. 43 - 5/30 - Gear LV. 4
Obi Wan - 4* - LV. 43 - 3/65 - Gear LV. 4
Jedi Consular - 3* - LV. 43 - 13/30 - Gear LV. 4
Lando - 4* - LV. 43 - 0/65 - Gear LV. 6
Ahsoka - 3* - LV. 43 - 6/30 - Gear LV. 3
Biggs - 2* - LV. 43 - 13/25 - Gear LV. 2
Royal Guard - 2* - LV. 42 - 1/25 - Gear LV. 3 Geonosian Soldier - 1* - LV. 40 - 3/15 - Gear LV. 2

Characters I'm Farming:
Luminara Unduli - 38/50 (Galactic War Shipments)
Darth Sidious - 51/80 (Arena Shipments)
Rey - 25/80 (Guild Shipments)
Qui-Gon Jinn - 5/30 (Cantina Shipments)

Really My questions come down to
(1) should I be buying any other characters via shipments?
(2) Should i be farming Hard battles for character shards? (Both Hard to get characters i,e. Rey, Anakin, Dooku/Characters I'm trying to promote i,e. Luminara, Talia, Chewy, Jedi Consular)
(3) Which Charaters should I be farming Cantina for?
(4) How should I go about gearing up?

Any help is greatly appreciated, I feel like I have probably wasted so much energy on hard battles as I focused exclusively on them. Also what more important, cantina refreshes or reg. energy refreshes. Im currently getting 75 crystals daily from the arena in the 101-200 bracket.

Replies

• Options
    Darth sidious sucks. Farm st han instead. U need a tm tank.

Droids rule. Get the ig88, ig86, hk47 pack and shards.

Jawas may be useful in next raid.
  • Options
    You should first farm a scoundrel team to be able to participate quickly to highest tier of credit heist event.

Then if you look at the the meta, Biggs+Wedge and Raid Han + Anakin are doing great, plus Rey

That's already quite a lot for such a low level, and don't deviate of your goals once fixed!
  • Options
    ok well since I'm already so close to sidious should i finish him up and then go for han? rey and anakin im going to continue to hard battle as often as possible. Why does chewy not work as a tank/taunt?
  • Klocko
    1017 posts Member
    Options
    Skip chromium packs. Your crystals are put to better use elsewhere. They seem kind of useful early on, but as you start getting further in, you have more toons to level, gear, star, mod, etc than credits and other resources to do it with. Also, as you get a bigger roster, the chance of getting what you don't already have maxed decreases. And when you pull a Maul only to find out you can't make him better without lucking into him over and over, but even maxed he's pretty bad, you'll wish you had those crystals back.
  • Options
    You should focus on Lando from cantina. Hes very versatile, can be used as both a rebel and scoundrel. Plus he's OP.

Purchase QGJ with cantina shipments he's very useful as well.

St han is a great tank and easy to farm.

Rey and Ani are both great choices too.

Keep up the good work man.
  • Options
    There are much better tanks ala sth and rg and b2, chewie just isn't good enough. Droids are a good way to go early on especially 88 being a droid and a scoundrel. Sidious is garbage don'tt waste another second on him. Talia and jedi counselor also garbage. I spent months farming the wrong characters when I started. For guild shipments I would focus on Dengar or jawa engineer since you can't get them any other way. Dengar is a good scoundrel and great for rancor raid. Some farms can take months embrace the grind.
  • Options
    How about Leia, Luke, Luminara, and Clones (now I am farming the possible one - clone fives - since I dont have any character 7*)?
  • Options
    ok well since I'm already so close to sidious should i finish him up and then go for han? rey and anakin im going to continue to hard battle as often as possible. Why does chewy not work as a tank/taunt?

Don't finish sidious. If you wanna compete higher up, you will never use him. I've had him on the bench for months and he was my first 7*. I don't even use him for missions anymore.
  • Options
    Droids, Anakin, Royal Guard, ST Han, Daka, would be good investment
  • Options
    Farm Scoundrels and Rebels - so far they seems to be most valuable for events. STHan and Lando are both scoundrel and rebel. Stop farm Sidious - at the beginning it seems good but is too weak for higher levels where damage is much more than heal. Plan your farming by shards you can get - you get most shards from GW then Arena etc.. Look at your Arena top teams.
  • Options
    Im really disheartened im already at 56 shards, i could already have sthan.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    do whatever is fun for you but the most important thing to advance is to get a really strong scoundrel team together so you can guarantee a minimum 5m bonus credits a week. Ideally you want them to be useable elsewhere so Lando and ST Han should be priorities of the highest order, both still compete at the very top level so all is good!

• Options
    QGJ, Royal Guard and Genoshan Soldier are all very good, versatile characters. If you farm them up to 7 stars, you will find a lot of ways to use them, both at end game and along the way.

Don't be disheartened about Sidious. You have a long way to go to get him to seven stars. 56 seems like a lot right now, but it's really not that bad. If you can get your arena level up, you'll be buying 10 shards most days. If you really love him, level him. Just realize he's not going to be as useful as other characters.
  • Options
    I dont love him or anything its just the idea that its 56 wasted shards, i just wish I had asked before i spent the credits is all. I already get ten a day in arena from top 200, i cant seem to find a way to get higher than that for the crystals. How would i farm royal guard other than the hard battle? That seems like it would be a waste by the time i actually got him promoted at all, as i would likely have a set team, right? For genoshan is it better to farm him instead of Lando? Right now im in the process of getting him to 5*.
  • Options
    I dont love him or anything its just the idea that its 56 wasted shards, i just wish I had asked before i spent the credits is all. I already get ten a day in arena from top 200, i cant seem to find a way to get higher than that for the crystals. How would i farm royal guard other than the hard battle? That seems like it would be a waste by the time i actually got him promoted at all, as i would likely have a set team, right? For genoshan is it better to farm him instead of Lando? Right now im in the process of getting him to 5*.
    Focus on one character and don't keep changing, my first 7* was Geo Soldier and got him within about a month and a half of started and helped me since. Finish GS at 7*, then Lando, Lando needs mods to shine
  • crzydroid
    7309 posts Moderator
    Options
    Sidious may seem like wasted shards, but finishing him just to finish him is Sunk Cost Fallacy. There are better arena shipment characters; just move forward and switch.

If you're farming character shards from tables, it seems like cantina energy refreshes are a better investment. Light and Dark shards are from hard battles, which have a limit of three without their own refresh. Cantina battles are unlimited. Plus, you get ability mats and cantina shipment currency. Grinding gear obviously comes from normal energy though.
  • Options
    Yeah I recognized sunk cost fallacy immediately and I have 10 into han now, the feeling still sucks lol. I've begun grinding gear with energy, not refreshing it anymore. I'm focusing on cantina and those refreshes. I had 375 gems today, but I found out about the guaranteed light side character you get out of your first data card purchase. I got 4* Finn, don't know what I should do with him, if anything at all. Still kind of cool though could have been worse. As far as grinding gear, should I use the same philosophy and only train one characters gear as high as I can and then switch or kind of build everyone up evenly? I can;t seem to break into top 100 in arena and trying to figure how best to accomplish that.
  • MithliCathal
    41 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Yeah I recognized sunk cost fallacy immediately and I have 10 into han now, the feeling still sucks lol. I've begun grinding gear with energy, not refreshing it anymore. I'm focusing on cantina and those refreshes. I had 375 gems today, but I found out about the guaranteed light side character you get out of your first data card purchase. I got 4* Finn, don't know what I should do with him, if anything at all. Still kind of cool though could have been worse. As far as grinding gear, should I use the same philosophy and only train one characters gear as high as I can and then switch or kind of build everyone up evenly? I can;t seem to break into top 100 in arena and trying to figure how best to accomplish that.

Focus on gearing/leveling/improving your arena team. Then, when you have spare materials you can apply it towards your B and eventually C teams to keep them from falling excessively behind. Just remember, the focus is always toward your end goal(s).

Edit: https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/61256/best-f2p-farm-route#latest is a decent read for planning your leveling as f2p.
  • Options
    IMO GS over Lando - because as someone said you need mods (+50) and a bunch of credits to sink into them. Best ones achievable at the start will be the tier 3 challenge health mods, but you need 5 x 5 star characters (reasonably geared at that) to clear it 3 stars so you can sim it.

So GS, QGJ, LUMI, STH is a great start from the different shipments and cantina. Pick your 5th based on what you want (more dmg / heal). Depending how far your shard is ahead of you in arena, i used that team (+talia, then Rey, then Lando) to be top 5 for the first 1.5 months.

I was probably in a similar position to you, and I found a guide on here from Keaven that was really good, and decided to start again (as i hadnt spent any money). If you are thinking you like the game and in for the long haul, its worth considering if the top of your shard has already gotten away from you.

What squads are the top5 running?
  • Options
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/5353/f2p-hero-farming-guide#latest

Thats the link, I also joined the guild via their Academy guild - best thing I did. Really helpful group of players, and as soon as you have a 7 star hero, you graduate to a heroic raid team where you get great loot!
  • Options
    Thanks, this is really helpful. I was able to take advantage of that last weekend, I started playing on tuesday. I think I will be ok now that I am focused on farming gear which I didn't really know I should be doing until last night. I may start another account, but I likely won't discard this account. Number 1 on my shard is far ahead of everyone mid 50's with all purple gear and mods. 7 star lando, 6 star rebels etc. he's P2W I'm assuming, but the top 5 have maybe one purple gear character, and I think with a few days of farming gear I will be able to jump up. If you get behind are you like permanently screwed? I'm still learning who to attack as well.

As far as guilds, I joined my friend's guild but I am not married to it. They are doing tier 5 raids so I can't participate just yet. Should I find a more active guild that raids lower and more often? (btw how did you get ray so fast?)
  • Options
    Rey is far from max, i slotted her in as soon as i unlocked her, as she was an easy swap for talia (who is still good for GW btw). It wasn't long until i needed the extra speed from Lando lead to make my STH go first, so i had to swap.

The double rewards really helped there, and I have him 7 star as well now. Rey only just hit 5, so only gets a run in GW.

I don't think i got her necessarily quickly, just every Guild shipment she showed up in, and the 2 hard nodes every day. Maybe i got a little lucky.

If you are keen on making the jump to a much more organised guild the leader of FTB ID is l_Keaven_l on line. If there is a spot in the academy guild, he can slot you in. Lower isn't better, as long as you have one character than can do 0 dmg, you will get the loot. The difference in the lower raids doesnt make that much difference imo, but being able to get raid loot as soon as you have a 7 star is invaluable. I have pieces waiting for my heroes i cant even equip yet, but i know take a long time to farm (cuffs are 50 pieces for example).
  • Options
    I think that most of us means do not farm Sidious to 7* because not worth it. At the beginning Sid is a good toon. I think you may continue to farm it and then change. I am not sure that you should farm just your Arena team to 7* - this way GW will become hell. Stars it self does not give such big advantage - mods and gear are more important. Usually I star it till it is needed for guild raid.
  • Options
    Ill definitely check out that guild. Luminara will likely be my first 7* champ as gw gives more shards per day. Ill figure out the clock until that happens she will most likely be the first to 5 stars as well to get me into tier v raids.

Would you say just stop farming lando now or wait until he gets to 5 hes already at 15/65? I feel as though by that time i will have all the other pieces as well substituting perhaps talia for GS? If I stop farming lando its gonna take twice as long to get GS to 5 as it would lando, by then I will already have higher level players in STH, Lumi, QGJ right? Not arguing just trying to make sure I dont make any more mistakes yknow. I really appreciate all the help you guys are giving.
  • Baze
    182 posts Member
    Options
    You can't go wrong working on Lando, or any other Rebel/Scoundrel tagged toons. B)
  • Options
    Yeah i need to get some characters so i can compete in these events not getting anything at all sucks...
  • Options
    Yeah Lando is good for events, just doesnt really start adding his best value until you get some mods on him. Definitely add STH, as they have good synergy.

In regards to 7 starring your arena team and that making GW harder, i completely disagree. I farmed up my arena team to 7 as soon as I possibly could. I only have two other characters at a decent enough level to actively slot into GW (other than throw away toons to burn the oppositions CD's).

I have only not finished GW once in the ~2 months on this account and I have played it every day. IMO GW being 'broken' is a myth, and by retreating / managing your TM, its possible to finish each day with a limited roster. I think at 2 months I have had enough sample size to suggest i'm not just getting it easy. The other day at level 63, i had a node 12 of high geared, maxed ability (in some cases) lvl 80's. Only took 2 retries to get it over the line.
  • ShaolinPunk
    3486 posts Moderator
    Options
    Good to identify your goals. Finishing high in you Arena? Collecting all the heroes? Beating challenges. Take your time and focus one hero at a time. The folks before me gave you good ideas on which heroes to focus. Gear/mod only once you have heroes you know can help you meet your goals.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    Yeah I'm definitely following all the advice, I want to finish high in the arena so I can advance further in the game faster. Which i guess Leads to finishing higher in the arena lol? All the heroes will come with time I know that. I've found my arena team (Obi, QGJ, Lumi, Luke, and Talia), at least for now. I am farming Lando, QGJ, Lumi, STHan, and Rey (via guild coins when I can get them, and hard battles) Once those are all 7* I will reevaluate then. I would imagine the landscape will change pretty wildly in the next month or two especially with the Level Increase and potentially Ships.

After Lumi is Max which she will most likely be first, Would Cad Bane be a good third scoundrel to take to complement Lando and Han for Credit Heist?
  • Options
    Yeah I'm definitely following all the advice, I want to finish high in the arena so I can advance further in the game faster. Which i guess Leads to finishing higher in the arena lol? All the heroes will come with time I know that. I've found my arena team (Obi, QGJ, Lumi, Luke, and Talia), at least for now. I am farming Lando, QGJ, Lumi, STHan, and Rey (via guild coins when I can get them, and hard battles) Once those are all 7* I will reevaluate then. I would imagine the landscape will change pretty wildly in the next month or two especially with the Level Increase and potentially Ships.

After Lumi is Max which she will most likely be first, Would Cad Bane be a good third scoundrel to take to complement Lando and Han for Credit Heist?

Cad Bane is the worst, Get Teebo for Raids