Proof that the GW is easy, and can be done with 5 players, $65 spender

Replies

• Song
    863 posts Member
    Options
    I never said you did terrible with. I hate ppl whining about GW is too hard. I love the update because I can practice in GW with the retreat.

The worst nightmare is facing Poe + FOPT. Unless I use suicude squads otherwise no way my team can beat 5 vs 5 in a fair fight.
  • Options
    The below images are why I have a problem with your OP and the gloating you've done throughout this entire thread. The first image was the easiest team I faced today. This is a typical day for me in GW and I didn't even screenshot all the 60+ purple gear battles . So please, quit talking like GW is easy when you're beating it every time due to luck. And before you spout "it's a new server" my server is only 5 weeks old so age has no bearing here. And yes I beat it and have done every day since the update, but it's far from easy when you don't face weak teams like you do.

WCyNCCK.jpgTpkubgz.jpgXikFlnp.jpg
    rAoLuue.jpg
  • Options
    Actually I was wrong, my server is 4 weeks old. I started on 23rd December so we've had our servers running the same amount of time. I'm level 61 so I honestly have no idea how the opponents are calculated. I do find GW highly frustrating at times though even when I do complete it.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    Today I finished without changing anyone! New record.
    It was one of the easiest GW I faced, thats true.

Phasma(lead)/ Rey/ Lumi 6*/ Chewie/ JC
    I did the same!

Sid as leader/tie pilot/Lumi/JC/Geo

Stagger the 2 healers to keep TIE in the game to destroy the others best and Geo is another underrated HP character with an assist, it works very good had no scares
  • Options
    Maybe it's overall squad depth like others have suggested. Mine isn't the deepest squad but I have a few with decent gear.

6vKJo87.jpg
  • Options
    Can anybody help me with the GW? I'm level 57 and haven't completed it once, only made it to 10/11 on one occasion :( if I tell you my squad do you think you'd be able to guide me through for tomorrow's GW?
    I'd normally use 6* sid as leader then chewie 7* daka 4* luminara 5* and dooku 4*
    Seeing this a lot of people use 3 healers so is that something I should do? I normally get stuck between 6-9 :( thanks!
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    If we assume that the teams we use to clear galactic war nodes populate the pool the game pulls from for future players that day; what impact have you had on the pool? Do you try to leave a single ewok scout for the next player? Are you cruel and leave the most aggressive teams possible? Do you simply not care about what happens to others' galactic wars?
  • Options
    What kind of question is that? Do u want me to throw the game? It's not being "nice" it's cheating people of a challenge.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Are you even sure it works that way? Seems wonky to me that it would leave your surviving team in the pool and not your full squad at full health. I mean, I have never faced a team that wasn't 5 heroes and full health and reset abilities. Seems like a strange assumption...
  • Options
    Consider this a thought exercise that I had due to the constant GW complaint threads and theories. I wonder if anyone else puts thought into their team setups, such as bringing Poe as a useless fifth just to make GW more interesting for the next person.
  • Options
    Well today I got some 7* 70 teams at node 3, so it wasn't really an option!

But I do see some randomly weak teams in nodes 11 and 12, maybe it's because people only have B/C team toons left by then.
  • CookieCrispp
    555 posts Member
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Zerx wrote: »
    Are you even sure it works that way? Seems wonky to me that it would leave your surviving team in the pool and not your full squad at full health. I mean, I have never faced a team that wasn't 5 heroes and full health and reset abilities. Seems like a strange assumption...

The assumption and speculation is that you full team ty bring into the fight will be added to the pool of available teams. The team will be given full hp/CDs, however the setup you had will be used.

Some people in the past have used this in the past to "gift" teams such as 1-2 ewoks/royal guards due to using suicide squads or leaving certain enemies up(obviously this was much easier with the old GW system). I would venture that the closest we get to this now is people using fun or B teams to clear nodes.

I'm actually more curious if others deliberately do the opposite, like using your arena team on node 12 or bringing along someone like Poe or Daka even without using their taunt/heal just because.
  • Options
    win. win. win
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Ahh. You threw me off with "single ewok scout".
  • Options
    I never considered this, but I don't see how you can leave a weaker team at the end if you need a powerful team to win.
  • Zerx
    94 posts Member
    Options
    Typically the last 2 fights are easier so I think most people can beat it with suicide squads/B team/C team whatever you want to call it. Weaker teams.
  • Options
    Never thought about it much tbh, but my A team includes Poe, Leia, Rey, Barris (L), and Kylo. It's probably pretty unpleasant to meet in GW.
  • Options
    Well now I'm bringing my powerhouse team to the last fight :)

Honestly, I think it's random AI anyway
  • Options
    I doubt it matter who we bring to matches. If it pulls from any pool I would think it pulls from the pool of arena teams.

If it did in fact pull from our GW offensive teams it wouldn't affect my choices much - if I feel like Poe or whoever would be helpful in that match, I'll bring them in. I wouldn't, though, needlessly bring in Poe or anyone else just to make it harder for someone else.
  • Options
    Never bring a knife to a gun fight
  • Options
    Ive always taken out my GW squad at the 12th fight and inserted my arena squad on the basis that
    - I don't need to heal at the last fight
    - If this squad is used for other people's GW fights I want to make it as unpleasant an experience as possible, so they come to the forum and cry

I can't recall I was a bully at school but maybe rose tinted glasses...
    If you are going to shoot, shoot, don't talk - Tuco Ramirez