Is there ANY fun for F2P left in this game?

Replies

• pargame
    989 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I think I did not explain my idea very well. most of replies are from players that are in top 100. The question is - will you continue to play if you fall to 500 ?!? What would you do then with so restricted resources ? What if they start to release P2P toon like shoretrooper every month (I think they will)?
    I don't have even Wiggs because I think I will need 2 months to farm and gear it and it will be obsolete then.

It is not a question of how to be in top 50, but if you fall to 500 is it a fun...

soon top 1000 players will be 80lvl
  • Options
    We lost some members today in guild because of this cash grab tournament. And I'm feeling the same. It's no fun and the strategy is gone.
  • Dhoey321
    1629 posts Member
    Options
    pargame wrote: »
    I think I did not explain my idea very well. most of replies are from players that are in top 100. The question is - will you continue to play if you fall to 500 ?!? What would you do then with so restricted resources ? What if they start to release P2P toon like shoretrooper every month (I think they will)?
    I don't have even Wiggs because I think I will need 2 months to farm and gear it and it will be obsolete then.

It is not a question of how to be in top 50, but if you fall to 500 is it a fun...

If you want to stop playing then stop playing. This game is one of the best free to play games. I am around 400 right now and not complaining because there are obvious PTP players with better rosters and more crystals and that's fine. You just have to understand that and accept it.
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    warmonkey wrote: »
    Fyi here is my profile so you know that I'm not kidding lol

https://swgoh.gg/u/warmonkeyy/

your average rank is #3. Seems to me you're doing great!
    i'm not a big fan of the speed secondary race either, but eventually f2p will catch up, even with speed secondary mods.

That's only because my shardmates allow me to beat them. If I need number 1 and one of my whales is there I can politely ask them to put in a chewie lead or something for rex. They are so awesome to have as allies and really keep me playing that way.

I have enough speed so I never fall further than like 14 now but not enough speed to compete vs whales. It does feel like I'm stuck now and no way to advance to a place where I can be competitive again.
  • Options
    Dhoey321 wrote: »

If you want to stop playing then stop playing. This game is one of the best free to play games. I am around 400 right now and not complaining because there are obvious PTP players with better rosters and more crystals and that's fine. You just have to understand that and accept it.

Ok. Thank you
  • Options
    FTP adds a sense of superiority to PTP, that is all this game is trying to communicate with recent updates
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    The question is - will you continue to play if you fall to 500 ?!? What would you do then with so restricted resources ? What if they start to release P2P toon like shoretrooper every month (I think they will)?

If you fall to 500 in arena, then you don't put much effort in the game — which is perfectly fine. Just don't expect to have access to the same amount if ressources as the F2P players putting a greater effort in the game to rank in top 100 (sustains the 2x50 + 1x100 crystals refreshes daily together with dailies, login rewards and GW) or higher.
    It sounds like a matter of personal attitude. Be happy with what you choose to do. You get a matching reward. Be happy with what you get. Don't worry too much about what higher ranking players, who make a greater effort, receive. You're not competing with th anyway.

Best regards from a F2P player from a march shard (high ranks since may).

Post edited by Waqui on
  • Options
    Yes, there is fun for f2p. I used to be p2p - took a 3 month hiatus, and recently returned as f2p. I'm having more fun now then I was before as I'm no longer concerned about rankings. With the current events and raid gear drop rates, you don't have to invest money to get ahead.
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    I'm F2P, and feel the game does a fairly good job. Yes, P2P have an advantage. They should, they are paying for it. But look at all the toons that are free who we have access to. Look at the current "meta" right now, all characters are available for FREE. The only one I can think of who isn't readily farmable (ie, not chromium pack only) are Sun Fac and a couple clones. And those characters aren't "needed" for anything. And let's not forget how quickly Wedge and B2 were added to cantina.

This game is a grind. That's either something you're interested in, or not. But even being P2P requires some grinding. They just get there quicker.
  • Options
    There's threes areas F2P can't compete w P2P other than leveling slower. Raids, mid arena and tournament. 200 dollar Rex is the P2P reward and rules raids. If you got a few in your guild forget ever getting 1-3 raid prizes unless it's due to timing. This tournament was obvious.

Arena, since people are grouped based on when they started, early on its easy to do well if you play it right, after a while the P2P will separate from the pack but since the P2P toons aren't specifically tweeted for arena, the cap balances out as more people get fully geared synergy teams.
  • Options
    Ummmm of course there is!!

Just enjoy the game,the Star Wars lore and don't struggle much to be #1 all the time. You can't If you won't pay at all. P2P SHOULD have advantage since they pay mate :)
  • Annastrasza
    1766 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Good for F2P as long as you don't get s-ucked into the shiny trap.

Play at your own pace.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

i'm not a big fan of the speed secondary race either, but eventually f2p will catch up, even with speed secondary mods.

That's only because my shardmates allow me to beat them. If I need number 1 and one of my whales is there I can politely ask them to put in a chewie lead or something for rex. They are so awesome to have as allies and really keep me playing that way.

I have enough speed so I never fall further than like 14 now but not enough speed to compete vs whales. It does feel like I'm stuck now and no way to advance to a place where I can be competitive again.

sounds an awefull lot like the buddy system in tournaments ;) (for the record, both don't bother me)
    kidding aside, not falling further than rank 14 on a mature server as an f2p players is pretty darn f2p friendly if you ask me!
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options

if you fall to #500 it's not only because you're f2p. It's not like there are 499 players spending considerable amounts of money on a leaderboard/server.
    I would probably quit if i fell out of the top100. But that's only because i'm used to finishing top5, otherwise i probably would have been fine with finishing top250.
  • Options

sounds an awefull lot like the buddy system in tournaments ;) (for the record, both don't bother me)
    kidding aside, not falling further than rank 14 on a mature server as an f2p players is pretty darn f2p friendly if you ask me!

I think part of it is that it's such an old server there's not a huge p2p advantage anymore. When they raise the cap to 90, that might change.
  • Options

I think part of it is that it's such an old server there's not a huge p2p advantage anymore. When they raise the cap to 90, that might change.

Dec shard. And there is a huge p2w advantage. Impossible to beat rex lead with fac when the other team has plus 20 speed on every single mod. Literally impossible.

And yes it's exactly like the buddy system in auction house. Which is why it was so easy to predict it would happen and why there will be no changes to auction structure in the future. They wanted it like that to encourage spending.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

You are half way into your marathon and deciding you don't want to run any more.

This game is a grind, that has not nor will it ever change. Enjoy the grind play as you want, if your not having fun stop. I wouldn't care what my arena rank is. It used to be a fight to stay top 200, then 100 then 50...not I run top 10. This was thanks to my droids, that team got me to the top and gave me ample time to build up many toons.

If they introduced a toon or a series of toons that would a use me to drop and have to make that climb again, I would. The grind is the game. I don't always have fun but I do like the game and most of the updates have been ok, and we will see how things progress.
  • Options

Dec shard. And there is a huge p2w advantage. Impossible to beat rex lead with fac when the other team has plus 20 speed on every single mod. Literally impossible.

And yes it's exactly like the buddy system in auction house. Which is why it was so easy to predict it would happen and why there will be no changes to auction structure in the future. They wanted it like that to encourage spending.

I know there's still a p2p advantage, but I don't think it's as great on a server as old as ours compared to a newer server. We've had a long time to collect and level up most of the same toons as p2p. Mods is where the advantage lies, and the few p2p toons that remain (and are actually used).
  • Achilles
    1380 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    @Those who say its a a lot easier as newbie now, because of raids, credit heist, etc ... Yes AND no ... of course, you can gain credits and gear faster, but with all the content available, you get frustrated a lot more.
    When i started the game, i did not have to care about raids, credit heist, droid smuggle, yoda, empire, ewok, jawa, blah-events ... all i had to look at was: GW and arena. Since arena did not attract me, i choice GW and was able to build a nice team for it. then they added the Yoda-event and i had the time to build a team for it, then came the raid and i got the time to build a team for it ... etc ...
    Now you start the game, reach a certain level and get flooded with events and challenges having faction-restrictions or just favored characters. For example how many ppl did level Teebo before Rancor raid? How many ppl had a full scoundrel team before credit heist? how many ppl had a full jawa team before mod-challenge (none, because 2 jawa came with it lol)? how many ppl had a full rebel team before emporer-event? Old player got the time to focus on something, while new players have to choice and get frustrated because its impossible to participate everywhere ... its not like the game is harder, its not, but it might be overloaded for newbies.
    Left by design.
    The fixed payout times are the worst part of this game and makes it absolutely family-unfriendly.
  • Options
    *shrug*
    I'm enjoying myself and I'm about the same placement as the OP.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    I'm F2P and love this game.... I have over 30 7* characters with more close. I have over 10 g10 and 11 characters with many more g8 and 9.... Just takes time and dedication.... I rank top 50 in arena everyday and have made it to rank 11 before the aoe meta shift.... Yes mod farming sucks but once you have done it for a week or so you start to round out a decent mod roster.... After that I'll finish lando and get wedge etc.... I just got raid Han to g10 and he will be 7* in only a few more raids... F2P is entirely competitive and super fun....
  • DarkHelmetOP
    194 posts Member
    edited August 2017
    Options
    Post edited by DarkHelmetOP on
  • Options
    Free to play all the way. I have not spent a penny on the game. #358 in Arena. I've broken top 100 several times. But to be fair I couldn't care less about rankings. I play and enjoy my guild. P2W players keep the game free for the rest of us. Bless their fico scores :)
  • Options
    The tournament was definitely biased to P2P, rest of the game not so much.

Even if they don't change a thing about future tourneys though, they're just one mode of game play. Good payout but not one that's giving anybody an advantage. I couldn't care less about shore trooper. Crit hit immunity for my Rex lead team? No thanks.

F2P's are probably going to hate tournaments, join a T7 guild raiding every other day and you'll get more free payouts than the P2P guys winning the tourneys.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

I know there's still a p2p advantage, but I don't think it's as great on a server as old as ours compared to a newer server. We've had a long time to collect and level up most of the same toons as p2p. Mods is where the advantage lies, and the few p2p toons that remain (and are actually used).

But you shouldn't forgot that f2p players on older shards were "catching up" most of the time aswell. Every time something new came along p2p had a headstart.
  • Options

But you shouldn't forgot that f2p players on older shards were "catching up" most of the time aswell. Every time something new came along p2p had a headstart.

Absolutely. I'm just saying that eventually the p2p advantage levels off, or at least decreases the longer you play.
  • Options

Absolutely. I'm just saying that eventually the p2p advantage levels off, or at least decreases the longer you play.

You're 100% right. My early Augist shard is approaching level 80 now. Was always me and a few other P2P guys regularly in the top spots. Way more competitive now with new players I've never seen before breaking in every day.

Love it. Challenge = fun.
  • Options
    rsbedl.jpg

Paid nothing, invested only a few minutes each day.
  • Options
    You f2p people whine too much. You openly admit that you don't support the game in a monetary fashion. You get the free aspects and there's plenty. If you want more refreshes or better toons, you have to spend money. There's no such thing as a game that's completely f2p with no advantages of being p2p.