Is there ANY fun for F2P left in this game?

1235Next

Replies

• Options
    kind of a problem when i only have 1 toon 7*. no t7 raids for me. but then again guilds are the last thing on my mind.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    kind of a problem when i only have 1 toon 7*. no t7 raids for me. but then again guilds are the last thing on my mind.

1 is all you need
  • Options
    You're exactly who T7 guilds want. Mine is full or I'd hit you up.

Go join one that is top 100 or so. The right guild can change your game. Definitely did mine.
  • Options
    Just to clarify, these guilds are full of players who have too much power for tier 7 rancor. You can read some threads about it in the guild section if you care but suffice it to say it's becoming are real organizational challenge for most T7 guilds.

Guys like you and me who can participate in the T7 raid but aren't gonna post insane damage amounts for a while help bring some balance.

This is why long as you post 600 a day any active T7 guild loves a new member in your situation.
  • SmokeyJoe320
    931 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Are you guys in active T7 guilds? Mine raids every other day. That's a lot of free high level gear and credits every week.

Strongly recommend an active T7 guild to anybody who wants to be competitive in this game, and it's probably close to a necessity to be competitive F2P.

I actually run a T7 guild. That's got me down too! lol Although the raids are the favorite part of the game now. However we are like most other T7 guilds... we are crushing rancors. Too quickly. So we have damage caps and turn limits. So even there, the one part of the game I really enjoy, I have to hold back on. I've actually had posts out here asking for a T8 level just to have more damage to spread around.

I'm hopeful though... with the new raid and level 85 coming up, maybe that will be the cure I need. I'm actually glad I was able to keep my guild together for this new raid which I am anticipating will be considerably harder.
  • Options
    Dude im f2p, I think you just suck man. I get rank one everyday. Some advice get atleast top ten buy two cantina and regular energy everyday finish gw and credit heists. Join a tier 7 guild and farm good characters and mods start with some rebels and scoundrels
  • Options
    Bottom off the barrel in T7 raid is better than nothing.
    Few peeps in my guild do 0 damage....yes 0 damage by sending one cheapaaz toon and they get full pieces of gear.

I am in top 3...and those 0 dmg peeps get much nicer looot that me...hahahha
  • Options
    Darth_Barf wrote: »
    pargame wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    i think you're wrong. This is still a very f2p friendly game. f2p players are spoiled in this game, and this is comming from an f2p player.

would you tell me what is your level and arena rank please?

Completely F2P and my rank is around 50. My arena team power is 42,500

Good grief. My arena power is 30K. And I'm in the top 15. Are you using CUP as a lead or something?
    @Darth_Barf
    And you are running droids, right?
  • Options
    i think you're wrong. This is still a very f2p friendly game. f2p players are spoiled in this game, and this is comming from an f2p player.

Good grief. My arena power is 30K. And I'm in the top 15. Are you using CUP as a lead or something?
    @Darth_Barf

I'm guessing newer server. He'd be eaten alive in a November-February shard
  • Options
    I used to be P2P but after they started making exclusive characters farm-able (leia, maul, ect) I stopped spending money. So I would have to disagree with the OP because have spent less money as the game has progressed.

As I made the transition to stop paying I did have to make a few changes
    1. I lowered my expectations in arena. Before I was fighting to be #1 and made it there a few times but now am ok with being in the top 50 and typically place in the top 25 (I started Jan 1st)
    2. I changed how I farm characters. Farm characters that I like in hopes that they get buffed. I was lucky to have fully maxed JKA before he got buffed. But I don't chase the meta because I am not stuck on being #1 in areana.
    3. Find a good guild. I have been fortunate to have a great guild that takes turns getting rewards and donates frequently.
  • Options
    Is that the big difference from T7 from T6? I'm F2P (save for getting a couple of packs), and STRUGGLING to gear up my toons. My guild can only handle a T6 raid - it takes us 3 days or so to finish one.
  • Options
    Just get Wiggs. Completely f2p and nearly guarantees the win 90% of the time.
  • Options
    Broxxor wrote: »
    Is that the big difference from T7 from T6? I'm F2P (save for getting a couple of packs), and STRUGGLING to gear up my toons. My guild can only handle a T6 raid - it takes us 3 days or so to finish one.

T6 are so much harder to complete than t7.
  • Options

Yes

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/70935/most-under-rated-opportuniy-to-dominate#latest
  • Options

@Darth_Barf

I'm guessing newer server. He'd be eaten alive in a November-February shard

You are correct sir. (May)

It's a Trap!
  • Options
    I'm f2p for the most part. The only purchase I do is the 100 crystals a day one occasionally when I start getting really low. I can hold under 50 rank in arena, however I've been playing since beg of dec.
  • Options

I'm confused. No they aren't.

We can't even handle a T7 raid, but can do T6.

Are the rewards THAT different from T7?
  • Options
    Yes.

Last raid I finished 30th and got rewards about the same as a lower top 10 finish in a tier 6 raid. I wouldn't be close to that finish in a tier 6 raid.

But I think you mentioned it takes you guys 3 days to do a raid. A balls to the wall T7 guild is getting at least 3 raids in for every 2 your getting, probably more if you don't enforce a 600 a day requirement.

Those payout differences over several months will be somewhere in the millions of credits.

These kind of T7 guilds are a commitment. Not the right fit for a lot of people for plenty of good reasons. But you're also getting probably 20-40$ worth of stuff for free every week and that adds up over time.
  • Options

I'm confused. No they aren't.

We can't even handle a T7 raid, but can do T6.

Are the rewards THAT different from T7?
    You are able to blow thru T6 since your teams are "almost" geared for T7.
    You are not able to clear T7 since teams are not up to the mark for heroic.
  • Options
    Stop whining about FTP being "not fun". I'm ftp and I've maxed, what, 3 or 4 people from cantina shipments, not to mention about 6 or 7 from cantina farming? (Things you claim are not free to play). I rank top 10 in my squad arena, put up about 2 million in raids when I try, (and I'm in the top FTP guild in the world, we rank top 50, sometimes top 20). There's plenty of fun for FTP. Whales only have an advantage in that it takes them less time to max characters, get mods, etc., but you'll catch up.
  • MarsAmbassador69
    149 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I once felt the same as you.

I finished GW every day for 3 months in a row. Then they made the change. And I couldn't complete it. Now, after a streak of 63 in a row, I have completed it just 9 times since the change. And it bothered me immensely.

Then one day I stopped caring about finishing it. If I got 9 or 10 done then I was happy. And the stress went away. I didn't HAVE to finish it. In fact, now I just auto the whole thing and don't even care. Once in awhile I'd pick the opponent I want them targeting, but I don't even care. Don't care when characters die and don't care who is in the lineup.

Why?

Because it doesn't matter. No matter what I do, 90% of the time, I'm going to get stopped at Node 10 or 11. Regardless of who is in my lineup and whether or not I'm on auto-pilot or doing every attack manually. None of it made a difference in the result.

So who cares? Stress over it or just put it on auto. 90% chance for the exact same result, either way. You'll find you enjoy it for what it is for you instead of worrying about competing with some guy that LITERALLY spends $1000 a month on this game.
    "No reward is worth this!" - Han Solo