Why haven't some characters become farmable yet?

Prev134
So why haven't characters like Rex and Echo become farmable yet? Rex was released in January if my memory is correct. Wedge was released only a few months ago yet he became farmable first.

How does EA and CG decide who to make farmable and who stays in the packs? I'm sure I'm not the only one that wants to be able to finish a clone team.

Replies

• Ktulu
    80 posts Member
    Options
    Echo isn't worth the angst of farming, man. Nerfed hard after initial release. Rex though is a different story
  • Options
    Where's Pathfinder?
  • Options
    Ktulu wrote: »
    Echo isn't worth the angst of farming, man. Nerfed hard after initial release. Rex though is a different story

That sucks but I'd still get him over farming up the Clone Sergeant.
  • Options
    Where's Pathfinder?

They haven't put him any where either. I hope they do put him somewhere. Seems pretty decent with stats even at 3*.
  • Options
    Rex is farmable. You can buy his shards in shipments at least once a day. You get free crystals for different things so that makes him farmable. PIA probably, but farmable. They should do the same thing with Echo.

+1 On Pathfinder. Come on EA, how can we get excited about the new login character every month if they're just gonna be stuck at a few stars once the months over? Cantina node would be awesome, but at least throw some Pathfinder shards in shipments, shard shop, something.
  • Options
    Rex is farmable. You can buy his shards in shipments at least once a day. You get free crystals for different things so that makes him farmable. PIA probably, but farmable. They should do the same thing with Echo.

+1 On Pathfinder. Come on EA, how can we get excited about the new login character every month if they're just gonna be stuck at a few stars once the months over? Cantina node would be awesome, but at least throw some Pathfinder shards in shipments, shard shop, something.

That is barely farmable lol.
  • Options
    Because they havent released new p2p toons yet. Once we get a new set of toons to replace all FIVE that have been rotated to f2p then maybe we'll see clones get rotated out. Work on something else. Is it really that difficult to let the p2p players keep the advantage they paid for? Meanwhile I'm finishing Wedge, B2, and Aayla. Three of the most powerful toons that used to be p2p. Us f2p players have all the advantages right now. Let the p2p players keep rex and sun fac. They need some kind of advantage to make up for less skillz.
  • Options
    Because they havent released new p2p toons yet. Once we get a new set of toons to replace all FIVE that have been rotated to f2p then maybe we'll see clones get rotated out. Work on something else. Is it really that difficult to let the p2p players keep the advantage they paid for? Meanwhile I'm finishing Wedge, B2, and Aayla. Three of the most powerful toons that used to be p2p. Us f2p players have all the advantages right now. Let the p2p players keep rex and sun fac. They need some kind of advantage to make up for less skillz.

Less skill? This game has skill involved?
  • Options
    Tusken Shaman is still knocking on the basement storm door in the abandoned barn they left him in. He's the worst offender.
  • Options

I'm going more on the time frame. Rex came out months before Wedge and B2 but both of them are farmable while Rex isn't. I just finished Wedge myself yesterday. The majority of the p2p players will have the advantage if they spent on crystals to get the Shoretrooper from the "event" that just ended.

This game doesn't require any skill at all. It requires time. If you want to get through it faster it also requires money. It takes no skill to farm a character, do a raid for gear or farm gear pieces. This isn't an MMO lol.
  • Options

Having to use crystals to buy shards isn't farmable. The free crystals that you get only get you so far and honestly 320 crystals for 4 shards isn't great since you can use that towards cantina energy refreshes and get double ir triple the amount of shards depending on the amount of energy for the node and RNG.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    one simple definition of a whale:
    rhas ex/sunfac/aayla maxed and uses in arena (most ftps ran for wedge/b2 after their release to cantina)
    saw lots of thise 3 carbon copies in my tourney shard
  • Options
    djvita wrote: »
    one simple definition of a whale:
    rhas ex/sunfac/aayla maxed and uses in arena (most ftps ran for wedge/b2 after their release to cantina)
    saw lots of thise 3 carbon copies in my tourney shard

Not sure what that has to do with my question of why characters that were released later are already f2p. I hardly see any of those combinations in my arena shard. Only combo I've seen is Wedge/Biggs and that was once.

• Options
    Echo's grenade is nasty in my opinion. I like him.
  • Options
    Nikkalise wrote: »

Having to use crystals to buy shards isn't farmable. The free crystals that you get only get you so far and honestly 320 crystals for 4 shards isn't great since you can use that towards cantina energy refreshes and get double ir triple the amount of shards depending on the amount of energy for the node and RNG.

True, if using crystals to get shards was a good way to do things, I'd have Maul by now but getting to 350 crystals just to buy a data pack takes me like 3-4 days lol
  • Options
    True, if using crystals to get shards was a good way to do things, I'd have Maul by now but getting to 350 crystals just to buy a data pack takes me like 3-4 days lol

Right?! Most of the time if I do save my crystals it's for the big pack and I normally get shards or a full character of someone that's already at 7*.

• Options
    I really just want to know how they pick and choose what character becomes farmable and which ones don't. Especially since again Rex came out before Wedge and B2 yet they became farmable and Rex isn't.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options

According to statements made a while ago, even chromium is considered farmable
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Barely farmable is still farmable
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Actually that does mean they're farmable. You just have to make a choice between shipments and cantina energy
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    Options

Only hurting yourself, Clone Sargeant is the best Clone currently. I know most would tell you Rex and that's a fair argument really. Either way Rex and Sarge are the only two that are really in a good spot. The other three are all kind of lacking.
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    After the P2W "fleecing of the whales tournament" we just had, they need to add Rex, SF, and pathfinder in the GW store, like immediately. If you want people to spend, give them a way to get a free OP toon and watch them spend on refreshes to gear them. This concept was proven with the release of Palp.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    After the P2W "fleecing of the whales tournament" we just had, they need to add Rex, SF, and pathfinder in the GW store, like immediately. If you want people to spend, give them a way to get a free OP toon and watch them spend on refreshes to gear them. This concept was proven with the release of Palp.

Palp? You're using one of the easiest characters to gear in the game as your example?
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »

Palp? You're using one of the easiest characters to gear in the game as your example?

Yeah, he was the first of mine to get to G10 (have several now, TYVM). B2 has more raid gear than EP and Rex has a lot of purple gear to burn through.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Reyalp
    738 posts Member
    Options
    Maul would be nice
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    The list of good farmable characters is both short and long...long for the number of people that can find use for them but short for the number that would be meta-changers:

1) Rex
    2) Sun Fac
    3) Maul
    4) Cody
    5) Ventress
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Its funny when people complain about toons that aren't farmable yet and don't remember Maul
  • Options
    why

why the hate on clone sergant hes quite good
    APX_919 wrote: »
    The list of good farmable characters is both short and long...long for the number of people that can find use for them but short for the number that would be meta-changers:

1) Rex
    2) Sun Fac
    3) Maul
    4) Cody
    5) Ventress
    Ventress?
  • APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    Options
    vadoooom wrote: »
    why

why the hate on clone sergant hes quite good
    APX_919 wrote: »

1) Rex
    2) Sun Fac
    3) Maul
    4) Cody
    5) Ventress
    Ventress?

Yes, Ventress. With good speed mods she can be a beast and she is an excellent debuffer. I put her at the bottom of the list because the other 4 are more important.
  • djvita
    1684 posts Member
    Options
    rex and sunfac in shipments cannot be called farmable.
    i need 10 shards to get sun fac to 6*
    then buy a whole vault to to get rex and sunfac to 7* actually a bit more since its 8k per toon to buy 100 shards/