Why haven't some characters become farmable yet?

Replies

• RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    RAYRAY wrote: »
    After the P2W "fleecing of the whales tournament" we just had, they need to add Rex, SF, and pathfinder in the GW store, like immediately. If you want people to spend, give them a way to get a free OP toon and watch them spend on refreshes to gear them. This concept was proven with the release of Palp.

Palp? You're using one of the easiest characters to gear in the game as your example?

I am using the data that was mentioned on another thead I read today. According to the data the other poster quoted, this game brought in more money per day during and immediately after palp was released than it has per day in a long time, including throughout this tournament...
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    After the P2W "fleecing of the whales tournament" we just had, they need to add Rex, SF, and pathfinder in the GW store, like immediately. If you want people to spend, give them a way to get a free OP toon and watch them spend on refreshes to gear them. This concept was proven with the release of Palp.

Palp? You're using one of the easiest characters to gear in the game as your example?

I am using the data that was mentioned on another thead I read today. According to the data the other poster quoted, this game brought in more money per day during and immediately after palp was released than it has per day in a long time, including throughout this tournament...

Oh, I assumed by "them" you meant Palp but you probably meant the 5 Rebels required to obtain Palp. If so then yes I'm inclined to agree that releasing a new character in the same method that Palp was released is always a good idea.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options

Oh, I assumed by "them" you meant Palp but you probably meant the 5 Rebels required to obtain Palp. If so then yes I'm inclined to agree that releasing a new character in the same method that Palp was released is always a good idea.

Sure, the rebels needed probably helped but Palp took a ton of blue gear that I didn't have so I had to do a lot of farming to gear him. Maybe you had a stockpile of the lower level challenge gear that I didn't.
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Tusken Shaman is still knocking on the basement storm door in the abandoned barn they left him in. He's the worst offender.

You win all the internets sir. Darth maul too. They are so bad CG is pretending they don't exist like the star wars Christmas specials.
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    vadoooom wrote: »
    why
    Nikkalise wrote: »
    Ktulu wrote: »
    Echo isn't worth the angst of farming, man. Nerfed hard after initial release. Rex though is a different story

That sucks but I'd still get him over farming up the Clone Sergeant.
    why the hate on clone sergant hes quite good
    APX_919 wrote: »
    The list of good farmable characters is both short and long...long for the number of people that can find use for them but short for the number that would be meta-changers:

1) Rex
    2) Sun Fac
    3) Maul
    4) Cody
    5) Ventress
    Ventress?

Yes, Ventress. With good speed mods she can be a beast and she is an excellent debuffer. I put her at the bottom of the list because the other 4 are more important.

I agree on Ventriss, easily the most overlooked & underrated toon I can think of, you do need to increase speed tho. But she's nasty.
  • Options
    I'm very close to farming SF with crystals. After Anaking gets 120 more shards I'm going to start piling my Dailey crystals until there are enough to get my 3 star SF I packed up to 6 stars. Obviously if they release him in that time I can go ham on his cantina node/wherever they put him. SF is so hilariously OP it's probably good they haven't released him.
  • Options

Exactly! Love your description of the "tournament" we just had.
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Its funny when people complain about toons that aren't farmable yet and don't remember Maul

I probably won't use him but I didn't forget about him. I'm using Rex and Echo as my main examples because I want my Clone Trooper team.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I'm very close to farming SF with crystals. After Anaking gets 120 more shards I'm going to start piling my Dailey crystals until there are enough to get my 3 star SF I packed up to 6 stars. Obviously if they release him in that time I can go ham on his cantina node/wherever they put him. SF is so hilariously OP it's probably good they haven't released him.

I just dinished farming Wedge so now my crystals are going back to buying Cody shards. It's just a pain to have to "farm" their shards that way since it'd be so much faster from a node or on of the token stores.
  • Options
    K_G0sling wrote: »
    Tusken Shaman is still knocking on the basement storm door in the abandoned barn they left him in. He's the worst offender.

You win all the internets sir. Darth maul too. They are so bad CG is pretending they don't exist like the star wars Christmas specials.

I laughed so hard at the Tusken Shaman part. I believe he was released the same day as Rex. He was in that Aurodium pack...I think he was actually the first of thise packs. If Darth Maul got a rework to have a synergy with Savage Opress I'd farm him like no tomorrow. Right now Savage is 7* and sitting at level 55 or level 60 just chilling.

• Options

I went crazy farming Rebels when the Palpatine event came out. I was inly able to complete T4 of it. I just need to finish getting Luke to 7* and then gear him, Leia and Biggs to at least gear 8 and I'll be ready for that event to come back.

• Options
    Ya calling chromium and shipments farmable was a bit much, I retract that.

At the time I was kind of tired of having Rex constantly referred to as a whale toon like I just snapped my fingers, paid EA a few hundo and got a 7* Rex.

It took me months to get him and Cody. I stopped running to the store for lunch during the week most days and cut a couple other monthly expenses in order to afford it. It felt like a pretty awesome achievement when it was all said and done, still does.

But I over reacted and have since learned that's not a battle worth fighting on this forum.

So that's where I was coming from but yes, Rex isn't farmable. He's P2P.
  • Options
    Node 8 cantina... Node 9/ 10 hard modes???
  • Options
    I for one is happy rex isn't f2p, would make my life harder as droid user.
  • Options
    I hope Rex and SF only get 1 hard node each
  • Options
    mosdef808 wrote: »

Seems like a good compromise IMO
  • Options

Then both p2p and f2p can shut up about it already. They would be considered "farmable" but just take forever to farm.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Options
    Nikkalise wrote: »
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    Its funny when people complain about toons that aren't farmable yet and don't remember Maul

I probably won't use him but I didn't forget about him. I'm using Rex and Echo as my main examples because I want my Clone Trooper team.

While they come out im at 80/100 for clone Sargent but when they are made farmable ill be all over Rex Cody and Echo
  • Options
    Theyve been working on these five levels for a long time now. When they come out this week I think we'll find they have made a lot more characters viable. Remember the 70->80 update changed the meta almost as much as mods did. So did the protection update. We could see all of these buff requests filled this week...
  • Options
    Maul has been around since the game's inception. He still isn't farmable...or viable.
  • Olle
    501 posts Member
    Options
    $$$$$$$ that's why.

I thought this thread was going to talk about a lack of key Star Wars charaters, like Jedi Luke.

But the answer is the same for those charaters not being in the game.

$$$$$$$$$
  • Options
    Olle wrote: »
    $$$$$$$ that's why.

I thought this thread was going to talk about a lack of key Star Wars charaters, like Jedi Luke.

But the answer is the same for those charaters not being in the game.

$$$$$$$$$

Oh I want Jedi Knight Luke too (green lightsaber/black outfit). I've been farming Empire characters just incase an event for him happens the way Palpatine happened.
  • Options
    Clones are de-facto paying faction for whales.

What Im more curious about is when we get Tie Pilot, Shoretrooper, Scarif pathfinder, etc.
  • Options
    I agree on Ventriss, easily the most overlooked & underrated toon I can think of, you do need to increase speed tho. But she's nasty.

I agree with this for sure. But I actually keep her a little slow on purpose, so she can go after the AI and steal their buffs. It's sooooooooooo satisfying to see Phasma buff her team, and then watch Ventress snatch them all on the next move.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options

Then both p2p and f2p can shut up about it already. They would be considered "farmable" but just take forever to farm.

They're already "farmable" in shipments and chromiums. Now someone like Scarif Pathfinder.. there's your definition of unfarmable
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • scuba
    14075 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    vector6000 wrote: »
    Clones are de-facto paying faction for whales.

What Im more curious about is when we get Tie Pilot, Shoretrooper, Scarif pathfinder, etc.

[guess]
    Pathfinder probably next week or next month will go somewhere.
    Tie pilot is still the login character so likely no where till mid November/December
    Shoretropper will most likely stay exclusive to the "tournament"
    [/guess]

As to why Rex is not removed from Chromium/PVE shipment exclusive the world may never know.
  • Options
    I don't have a problems that some toons aren't farmable. The people who pay money deserve to have better squads than those who don't. However, as a "non-whale", it's a bit annoying that only 2 clones are farmable. I don't think guys like Echo or Cody are that good anyway, so I don't understand why they aren't farmable.
  • Options
    Rex is farmable. Through packs and the shop.

Only characters not farmable atm are Tie Pilot and Pathfinder.
  • Options
    By farmable I mean using energy people, not crystals that I have to buy. I use my crystals for energy refreshes.

When I posted this I was still searching for a job so buying crystals like I used to when I was working is out of the question until I see my first paycheck from my new job.

However that doesn't explain why characters that have been out 9+ months aren't farmable but other characters that are sometimes worse or about the same but released into the game within the last 4-5 months are.
  • Options
    all toons are farmable in same form or another.