Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Yes, I went all in on Jawas after they announced this raid! I'm not quite to @CptCaveman standards, but I'll have them 7* (minus JE) and G9/G8 by Monday. I've also been farming IGD and Jedi for the Yoda event. Double win!!!
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Very nice hope some of it stays the same at release.

@V1p3rdyn4sty might I suggest adding that this is datamined info and subject to change. Most of this has been in game data files for a while.

Yes. All data is subject to change. Sorry, I thought that was a known thing. It was pretty accurate for the Rancor raid though.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Very nice hope some of it stays the same at release.

@V1p3rdyn4sty might I suggest adding that this is datamined info and subject to change. Most of this has been in game data files for a while.

Yes. All data is subject to change. Sorry, I thought that was a known thing. It was pretty accurate for the Rancor raid though.

You would be surprised how unknown that is.
  • Options
    Where did you get this info again? Is it on the swgoh.gg website?
  • Ultra
    11506 posts Moderator
    Options
    " Rewards: Earn Mk 6 Defense and Critical Damage Mods."

Any info on its distribution? Hope its not just the top 3 players of the raid
  • Options
    Bump.

This needs to be seen by as many players as possible.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Options
    Is this the Raid that has been canceled? :/
  • Options
    Ro_Bika wrote: »
    Is this the Raid that has been canceled? :/

Canceled? Why would it be canceled? You really think CG would spend hundreds of hours($$) creating new content, show a trailer, and add the files to the game only to cancel it? Where do people come up with this crap?

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options
    STH needs those higher level Defense mods and Lando would love a set of Crit Damage
  • KingPin
    522 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    " Rewards: Earn Mk 6 Defense and Critical Damage Mods."

Any info on its distribution? Hope its not just the top 3 players of the raid

This is the bit that worries me... Also no mention in gear I really hope they don't make us chose between gear and mods that will be a terrible move

Many thanks @V1p3rdyn4sty for getting this info out to us now we just need to think about best team combinations, I still think a hybrid team will be good and it's no coincidence EP came out recently Stuns, AOE, buffs are going to be key for this raid

Loads of different combinations could work can't wait to try out roll on the raid guys!
  • Options
    What about all those AoEs that we maxed?
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Did they also put an "I can't enter here" sign with the face of Teebo on the raid page?
  • Options
    This bit makes me think speed mods will count against us? Or do you think we will be killing adds more?
    Every seventh time that Grievous takes damage, Grievous and another random ally gain 100% Turn Meter and reset their cooldowns.
    That ally also Taunts for 1 turn, and Grievous gains the Tactical Maneuvering effect for 3 turns
  • Options
    someone on Reddit had an interesting take that the Crit mod and Def mod correspond to the buffed factions...

so a rotating schedule of buffed factions and mods could be a possibility
  • Ing256
    471 posts Member
    Options
    Bomroll wrote: »
    This bit makes me think speed mods will count against us? Or do you think we will be killing adds more?
    Every seventh time that Grievous takes damage, Grievous and another random ally gain 100% Turn Meter and reset their cooldowns.
    That ally also Taunts for 1 turn, and Grievous gains the Tactical Maneuvering effect for 3 turns

This is basically one of the anti Teebo specials: he gets one round no matter what (7 attacks is the average of what a team will deal
    Speed won't be so beneficial but it certainly won't hurt
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    Bomroll wrote: »

This is to stop the Teebo effect.

Do we think this will count for assists? I.e jawa raid special? I.e one attack two hits. Or for reys specials?

Simple solution is bombs... Load him up with bombs.....
  • Options
    Not a fan of buffing up select groups of characters in raids. It'll most likely end up with a whole bunch of characters being left out and players focusing on other groups won't be able to push out as much damage as others (assuming the buffed groups will be the best, which is safe to assume if you ask me). At the end of the day, raids aren't events and shouldn't be limited. Yes, you can use any character, but those buffs look incredibly helpful for both Jawas and Jedis. Oh well, nothing I can do about it.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    https://swgoh.gg/db/raids/aat/

I know it's all been seen already and there's thread about it and so on. Haven't seen anyone link people to this though. It's much clearer to see, all the information is there too and it should update if the raid gets changed.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • GeorgeRules
    1580 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    No different to OP characters defining PVP meta... Maybe they needed the buff because they performed really badly.
  • Options
    someone on Reddit had an interesting take that the Crit mod and Def mod correspond to the buffed factions...

so a rotating schedule of buffed factions and mods could be a possibility

That would be awesome, have the buffed factions change every week along with the set of mods that are dropped. This would help create a more interesting and dynamic raid meta and will keep it interesting longer. Make it so devs.
  • Options
    So does the AAT tank class as droid or what is it ???
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. Seems comprehensive enough. I think a stun and TM reduction combo on GG could work. So stun him and then tm down and hit for 7 turns, repeat rotation.. no adds no damage taken, just keep stunning. So you'd need reliable stuns. jawa, datcha, Ug Plus maybe chewie and Teebo. Or teebo and EE. Could work.... Maybe.
  • Options
    Mod drop based on the buffed factions sounds awful. It makes me think after a month they will just change the faction buffed and watch everyone plough more money into the same raid
  • Options
    Thanks for the link. Seems comprehensive enough. I think a stun and TM reduction combo on GG could work. So stun him and then tm down and hit for 7 turns, repeat rotation.. no adds no damage taken, just keep stunning. So you'd need reliable stuns. jawa, datcha, Ug Plus maybe chewie and Teebo. Or teebo and EE. Could work.... Maybe.

GG not immune to stun? Keep dreaming ;)
  • Options
    It was posted late July by Jesse that tank raid comes out in August.
  • Zooey
    1607 posts Member
    Options
    Evillest wrote: »

Yeah... that's not happening fam :*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Zooey wrote: »

They still have 3 days.... surprise update on tuesday. Boom raid all up in your face!
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    Kyno wrote: »

They still have 3 days.... surprise update on tuesday. Boom raid all up in your face!
    Did it say definitely late August, or that they were "aiming" for late August?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »

Did it say definitely late August, or that they were "aiming" for late August?

I forget but they have the aim of a stormtrooper so we shall see what happens.
This discussion has been closed.