Tank Takedown Raid and Level Cap Increase to 85- Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Funny, I don't remember seeing a single jawa in the clone wars series, clone buff would make much more sense than jawa... Just find it odd.
  • Options
    I was promised r2d2
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    I forget but they have the aim of a stormtrooper so we shall see what happens.

Well.. "These blast points... too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

• Dawnofdeadeye
    233 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    DashRendar wrote: »
    Funny, I don't remember seeing a single jawa in the clone wars series, clone buff would make much more sense than jawa... Just find it odd.

That's because most clones aren't accessible to people yet. Only P2P have them. F2P only have 2 at most.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    sealjo wrote: »

Well.. "These blast points... too accurate for Sand People. Only Imperial stormtroopers are so precise."

Obi Wan said they were "precise" and they never hit another thing the whole trilogy.

• Options
    JacenRoe wrote: »

Obi Wan said they were "precise" and they never hit another thing the whole trilogy.

He was thinking of the old Clones...he'd been in seclusion for years...how the hell would he know.
  • Options

Hey! They hit Leia in RotJ
  • Options
    CptCaveman wrote: »
    Awesome info. Glad to hear that all my efforts farming Jawas will pay off. My team is almost ready. Will have Scavenger to g10 in about a week. Just need to finish leveling their mods.

image_zpsbnikdkd9.png

Was going to work on potency mods for them, but it may not be neccesary if they get a 50% potency boost.

Where are all the folks that said farming Jawas for the raid was dumb?

Glad you mentioned the potency. How much potency is overkill with them. I would love to crit and speed them up if i can save on potency
  • Options
    DashRendar wrote: »

That's because most clones aren't accessible to people yet. Only P2P have them. F2P only have 2 at most.

Even more reason they should have a buff. More people want then more money they make...
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    If ever there were a time to give clone teams an opportunity to do something, you'd think this would be it. Instead, we have Jawas going up against battle droids?

No mod battle or raid for the clones, one of each for Jawas.
  • Options

Precision = repeatability not accuracy. They are precisely inaccurate!
  • Options
    I know he's not Jawa/Jedi for the raid buffs, but how has no one mentioned ugnaught?

Break Open – Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals 100% more damage to Droids.

Droid Experts – Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 60% chance to Stun Droids for 1 turn.

One Step Ahead – Ugnaught gains 8% Evasion for each Droid enemy and gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he Evades and attack.

That's a dangerous anti-droid kit...
  • Options
    I know he's not Jawa/Jedi for the raid buffs, but how has no one mentioned ugnaught?

Break Open – Deal Physical damage to target enemy. This attack deals 100% more damage to Droids.

Droid Experts – Deal Special damage to all enemies with a 60% chance to Stun Droids for 1 turn.

One Step Ahead – Ugnaught gains 8% Evasion for each Droid enemy and gains 25% Turn Meter whenever he Evades and attack.

That's a dangerous anti-droid kit...

Sounds pretty good but it will take months to get him in the raid. Kudos to all that farmed him and if any character deserves to be valid. Poor guy has no faction
  • Darth_Azrael
    457 posts Member
    edited August 2016
    Options
    We will see EK and Yoda being useful again!

These bonuses for Jawas and Jedis make them more competitive in this new raid. Very interesting! Who knows these bonuses in the future could not be extended to other parts of the game? These bonuses could be applied to teams with 5 Jedis or 5 Jawas only.
    Post edited by Darth_Azrael on
  • Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Hope everyone has all Jawa and IGD ready.

Also, I'm thinking Wedge lead rebels will do some heavy damage while recovering hp on each defeated ally (Which is why they're making him f2p).

Wouldn't IGD be a little useless when you can't counter half the attacks in this raid? I know he does double damage against droids but his damage isn't great to begin with.
  • JacenRoe
    3016 posts Member
    Options
    RJ__Brando wrote: »
    Hope everyone has all Jawa and IGD ready.

Also, I'm thinking Wedge lead rebels will do some heavy damage while recovering hp on each defeated ally (Which is why they're making him f2p).

Wouldn't IGD be a little useless when you can't counter half the attacks in this raid? I know he does double damage against droids but his damage isn't great to begin with.

Some of the devastating specials that start on cooldown can't be countered. Kind of like the Rancor's devour. There are still a lot that can. In fact one Phase of the raid has no abilities that can't be countered. Also he has huge health, and will get free heals as a Jedi. Some of the glass cannon attackers may die very early. And don't underestimate the damage he can do with the proper mods.

All that said you may be 100% right. He still may not be great. But I think there will be at least one phase where high health Jedi may be best. That seems to be the way they are designing it.
  • Options

He became more powerful than you could possibly imagine... applied his evasion buff to entire rebel alliance.
  • Options
    Great! I already have Eeth Koth at 7*, G8, and Level 74! Glad I farmed him!
  • Options

I never get enough of this. Stormtrooper often shoot in the air at nothing
  • CptCaveman
    713 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    Stormtroopers didn't hit anyone on the Death Star because they were ordered not to. Vader wanted the rebels to escape so that they could be tracked. In the opening scenes of ep 4, they had no problems hitting rebels.

As for RoTJ, I guess Lucas didn't want to show a bunch of teddy bears getting whacked.

It's a hard life pickin stones and pullin teats, but sure as gods got sandals, it beats fighting dudes with treasure trails....
  • Options

I never get enough of this. Stormtrooper often shoot in the air at nothing

These shot up C3PO pretty good.
    Otherwise, their training consists of watching A Team episodes.
  • Options
    When is the raid coming ? So the rancor will disappear ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    When is the raid coming ? So the rancor will disappear ?

We don't know, yet.

They have said no the racnor raid will stay.
  • Options
    Hello fellow SW enthusiasts, I am just curious on a few things so here are a few questions I'd like to ask.
    1. Any idea on a date or at least a window of when the new raid will release? Our guild is saving coin up so when it does release we will be able to have a few runs at it.
    2. I heard awhile back that the new raid would be vs. AT-AT's, is this accurate?
    3. Will The Pit - Rancor raid go away when new one releases?
    4. The guild I am in on first release, we took two days to clear tier V, a week to clear VI. Now we get Heroic done with 35-40 players taking just 1 turn apiece. With that said, will there be a cap raise on level to 90?

I am hoping Jedi Knight Luke will be character to win on Heroic for the new raid but I've heard R2-D2 is a possible character as well.
  • DjangoQuik
    863 posts Member
    edited September 2016
    Options
    None of the answers to your questions are definitively known yet.

The devs have described the new raid as the tank takedown and you can see snippets of it in the trailer video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5CSyebsgpQ

Datamined info shows some stuff about Grevious, droids and tank abilities but as with the datamining on Rancor, it will likely change substantially before release.

It hasn't been stated that the rancor raid will go away - it seems unlikely as people are still trying to get Han Solo shards and there looks to be plenty of slots for various raids in the raid menu.

There has been no news of a level cap raise (though plenty of baseless speculation from players).
  • Options
    There was a Dev comment on a different thread yesterday saying no date yet as they are still testing.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    1. Stated above no date yet, they are still testing.
    2. Tank takedown.
    3. It will still be around and no confirmation but the general idea is that no rewards will cross over so guild will need to do some sort of mix.
    4. No lvl increase, I have asked the same thing and get a lot of flack for that. Some ppl say there are some pod casts and devs have stated no lvl cap inc.
  • Options
    I greatly thank each of you for your responses.
  • 3Edward9
    486 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    It doesn't make any sense, we have previously had events shown for days before they eventually opened.

Any good reason for that?

Edited:

All events run at least 24 hours and there is no need for them to be there for days to get people's attention.

I ask a question, not making a complain and some below complain that I ask a question. You come in voluntarily and I didn't invite you here. So get out as you wish!
    Post edited by 3Edward9 on
  • evanbio
    1505 posts Member
    Options
    Yes. It makes SOME people think "Oh crap, I need to hurry and level up X toon(s) so I can participate!". And then SOME of those folks will pay for extra crystals to help.

And for the less money grabbing option, it helps folks who may not log in every day realize that there's something "special" coming up.
This discussion has been closed.