Wiggs is OP

Replies

• Marthvadir
    272 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    First off deal with it. They are unjustifiably overpowered and anybody that doesn't see that must have a bias. Cranking out 50k-70k every single first move is overpowered considering the amount of health the strongest tank have. This is enough damage to first round oneshot any non tank toon in the game. So unless you have Raid Han TM mitigate some damage via his stun, you better hope that you even get a turn. No skill required to use them, and they are dominating the arena. The people that use the exploit known as Wiggs will most likely defend them saying that you just need to get better at the game. The amount of hypocrisy in that statement mean they are scared that more people will start to realize how OP Wiggs is and that they will be the #1 target by the devs when they look to nerf to balance the game. Also the idea that I should just get Wiggs and stop complaining is like saying to join the ****'s to stop being harassed by the ****'s. Fighting fire with fire doesn't fix the issue and the devs need to understand that. You defenders are already lost and will be the first ones to whine when Wiggs is nerfed to the ground.

Your are the type of guy you just ignore. You are looking for someone to say something so you can shoot it down and complain more. Learn to make counter teams. I beat wiggs in arena all the time and hold rank 1. Frankly, you are just not modding right against wiggs and are probably using the wrong characters too. I'm guessing you have tried all of 10 characters against wiggs teams maybe? (If so, that's your problem). There are around 90+ in the game if I'm not mistaken. So besides complaining they are op, you should figure it out and learn to play better. Yes that's all it really is. Learn to play better, stop complaining, use better mods, and try more team comps. I figured out something that works for me, no reason you can't either.

P.S. I have wiggs maxxed out but don't run them in arena. So there you go.

Guild: Order 66 501st Division
  • Options
    Zarbax wrote: »
    I'm guessing someone finally got around to deleting your other thread. Shame. The last post I read on it seemed to put the matter to bed.
    You talk about being a whale - presumably you have far better toons than I do. The only teams I can't beat are the kraken-modded speed teams. If I had whale toons and whale mods I'd win on offense every time. On defense, no team is safe. You spent hundred of dollars, so what? I think you've taken Pay-To-Win too literally.
    If you're a true whale, you have (all maxed): Palps, both Hans, Wiggs, Lando, Ani, Rex, SF, RG, 5s, and just about any other arena-worthy toon of note, also a ton of mods with good stats to choose from. Pick a team to win. Shuffle mods around, if you have to.
    If your problem is that you want to run the team that you like, and not the team that will beat your opponent, get used to losing. It also sounds likely that you've spent your money on all the wrong things. Why should they change the game, simply because you don't have a clue what you're doing?
    Why do you even play this game?

EDIT: I put an extra "L" in "also" somewhere in there. It bugged the hell out of me. I had to correct it lol

Amen. Enough said!
  • Options
    Lol I think the verdict is unanimous!
    Git gud willya?
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    Aniema wrote: »
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RkbWdTRVLKE

http://tnrhub.com/the-wiggs-conspiracy-arena-trials-star-wars-galaxy-of-heroes/
    Worse thing the devs ever did was allow 2 no name, unpopular toons from the Star Wars franchise to become free to play and literally take over the meta and decimate everything in their path. So much in fact it has now become impossible to avoid Wedge and Biggs in arena at this very moment.

No name and unpopular? Among whom? Prequel fans? If you pulled your head out of your behind for just a few seconds you'd soon discover that both Wedge and Biggs are quite popular among the 'older' generation of SW fans. They're more beloved and relevant to Star Wars lore than the likes of Sun Fac and B2, that's for sure.
  • Options

Worse thing the devs ever did was allow 2 no name, unpopular toons from the Star Wars franchise to become free to play and literally take over the meta and decimate everything in their path. So much in fact it has now become impossible to avoid Wedge and Biggs in arena at this very moment.

No name and unpopular? Among whom? Prequel fans? If you pulled your head out of your behind for just a few seconds you'd soon discover that both Wedge and Biggs are quite popular among the 'older' generation of SW fans. They're more beloved and relevant to Star Wars lore than the likes of Sun Fac and B2, that's for sure.

Wedge, the only guy in the Star Wars Universe with 2 Death Star Stamps on his X-Wing.

Oh, and completely agree.
  • Options

Wedge, the only guy in the Star Wars Universe with 2 Death Star Stamps on his X-Wing.

Not mentioning Biggs I see. Wedge is plausibly OP but Biggs isn't. Even then just being there doesn't really count for much. R2 and C3P0 were there for just about everything and they aren't even in the game.
  • Options
    anonidude wrote: »
    Git gud willya?

A whopping 8 people agree that Wiggs isn't OP on this thread that actually presented a case for why Wiggs isn't OP. It's not unanimous as long as one person says otherwise and by my count we have at least 2 supporting me that Wiggs is im fact OP.
  • tRRRey
    2782 posts Member
    Options
    Git gud willya?

A whopping 8 people agree that Wiggs isn't OP on this thread that actually presented a case for why Wiggs isn't OP. It's not unanimous as long as one person says otherwise and by my count we have at least 2 supporting me that Wiggs is im fact OP.

So 8 to 3, verdict is Wiggs ≠ OP!
    https://swgoh.gg/u/trey 66/
    Make Zader Great Again!
  • Options
    tRRRey wrote: »
    Git gud willya?

That not unanimous then. Also this ain't court so there ain't a verdict. Y'all have not provided one piece of evidence as to why Wiggs deserves to do this amount of damage.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options

AND (before the release of the "updated" films), Wedge was the 9th character to be in all 3 of the original trilogy. There used to be a Trivial Pursuit question on this but has since been removed.
    Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, Chewie, R2-D2, C3PO, Vader, and Wedge

The re-release added Boba-Fett to Episode IV which made him the 10th to be seen in all 3 movies.

Wedge is not a no-name, unpoular character.
  • Varlie
    1286 posts Member
    Options
    Git gud willya?

Make that 9. Wiggs is not OP.
  • Options
    No matter what you hit him with, he just won't die. There's no way to beat him. Jedighost117 is OP.
  • Options

You're talking to someone who seen "A new Hope" at a drive in movie. This is back when movies played on these outside screens and you hooked a speaker up to your car window to hear it. Biggs was Luke's childhood friend and had a small roll in A new hope. Wedge I don't even remember him or what episode he was even in. That's how much of an impression they both had on me..so much in fact I never walked away from the movie saying..."oh wow Biggs really saved the day". So yeah.

To the Op of the thread and anyone else saying Han Solo is a counter to Wedge and Biggs...um nope. No he isn't.

Mine is now 7*. And he doesn't even stun on his first shot like his unique says he does. I thought maybe it was cause I needed more potentcy. Got it up to 75% and again...nope. Didn't stun Wedge and Wedges tenacity was 30%.

Months of farming and so many resources spent getting my Han Solo 7* level 80 G10 only to find out that Raid Han Solo is a joke. I've about had enough with these new toons out performing old toons no matter how maxed your gear,mods and level is.

And as for ShoreTrooper maybe he is a counter for Wedge and Biggs, but how long has it been since the tournament has ended? Does anyone even know when it's even coming around again? With that being said Wedge and Biggs rule the meta.

This game should be called StarWars galaxy of two heroes. Utterly disgusted with this game right now.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »
    Git gud willya?

Make that 9. Wiggs is not OP.

Thanks for your contribution. Unfortunately you are now the top contributor in evidence of your claim. Thank you and don't come again.
  • Options
    Varlie wrote: »

AND (before the release of the "updated" films), Wedge was the 9th character to be in all 3 of the original trilogy. There used to be a Trivial Pursuit question on this but has since been removed.
    Leia, Luke, Obi-Wan, Han, Chewie, R2-D2, C3PO, Vader, and Wedge

The re-release added Boba-Fett to Episode IV which made him the 10th to be seen in all 3 movies.

Wedge is not a no-name, unpoular character.

He absolutely is. I notice you didn't mention anything about Biggs either. For these two to have the strongest synergy in the game you all fail to mention half of the pair. Maybe because you all know that I'm right and you think that changing the topic to whether or not Wedge was relevant in the movies will stop the fact that Wiggs is broken.
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    Options
    At the very least, I consider them poorly designed. They aren't unbeatable, and they aren't alone in their design flaws, but they are flawed.

The game has a consistent issue with designing "flat" characters. There is no depth, they do everything without trade-off. There should be variation in how damage dealing characters function. Fast characters with lighter individual attacks, slow characters with heavy attacks, "caster" style characters with weak basic attacks but high damage high cooldown special attack, combo characters with skill chains that set up powerfull effects or attacks, fast DoT/debuff stacking damage amp characters that become more powerful as they stack, etc.

By having characters (not just Wiggs) with high damage basics, high damage specials, high speed and low cooldowns, you make well designed, interesting characters that do exist irrelevant. Flat speed bonuses are also compounding the problem, but that's a different subject.
  • LastJedi
    3047 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Actually I find wiggs can hamper you. There are drawbacks to big hit. Not all toons can be ohko. In this case it can trigger rg/anni where u might want to stun or shock a toon, first. There are lots of interesting ways u can use rebs and ep.

If any toon is OP, it is Rex, and anyone with rex will be first person to agree (or plead the fifth).

Cast a stone at rex, and no one will jump to defend him.

30% TM to all allies plus 5% for every negative status effect dispelled. This includes shock, stun, block, everything 100% dispel. Double that for clone allies. And tenacity up for two rounds which blocks all further attempts. He does pretty decent damage, too. Oh yeah, there is lead skill, too, which makes it futile to block, stun, shock his buddies and almost useless to stun/block rex. Rex gonna get his turn too quick. And his base speed is not shabby at all.

There is no sympathy for nerf calls to other toons when rex exists.
  • Options
    LastJedi wrote: »
    Actually I find wiggs can hamper you. There are drawbacks to big hit. Not all toons can be ohko. In this case it can trigger rg/anni where u might want to stun or shock a toon, first. There are lots of interesting ways u can use rebs and ep.

If any toon is OP, it is Rex, and anyone with rex will be first person to agree (or plead the fifth).

Cast a stone at rex, and no one will jump to defend him.

30% TM to all allies plus 5% for every negative status effect dispelled. This includes shock, stun, block, everything 100% dispel. Double that for clone allies. And tenacity up for two rounds which blocks all further attempts. He does pretty decent damage, too. Oh yeah, there is lead skill, too, which makes it futile to block, stun, shock his buddies and almost useless to stun/block rex. Rex gonna get his turn too quick. And his base speed is not shabby at all.

There is no sympathy for nerf calls to other toons when rex exists.

That's what I said though. Wiggs users require minimal tactics to win every fight. Wiggs can crank out enough damage to take down RG's and ShoreTrooper to within AOE splash damage range. These are the highest health and protection toons in the game and they can be nearly dead from the first actions alone. That's ridiculous. Sure Rex is broken as well, but like it was said they aren't unbeatable. The argument that Wiggs needs to be broken because Rex is broken doesn't make sense. We need both of them to be nerfed and then leave everybody alone. Once Wiggs and Rex are nerfed then the meta will be fine, at least until the f2p players whine about the next pay to play toon.
  • Options
    Not true. Wiggs don't automatically win vs droids or rex and is easily beat by both. If u play around another couple weeks u might agree.

Shoretrooper doesn't need to do anything but get his first turn to be effective. So if he can get by in the red, what is the problem? After he absorbs biggs assist, u got a chance to use the toons that now can't get ohko, like your EP, right? And your st han. And if shoretrooper goes I think enemy lando is c9mpletey neutralized, right? Why u need shoretrooper to live longer than 1 turn?
  • Options
    Shoretrooper means enemy can't shock ur RG. Enemy can't ohko ur EP. Enemy can't shock ur anni. Enemy can waste detaunt on almost dead shoretrooper even. Instead of just finishing him off and detaunting ur rg, who is now triggered. Or your st han.

Do u think shoretrooper is bad, or is Wiggs somehow too good, still? Cuz rex and droids have no problem killing wiggs. And u seem to have no problem killing rex. Sounds like u have a good squad.
  • Options
    Not true. Wiggs don't automatically win vs droids or rex and is easily beat by both. If u play around another couple weeks u might agree.

Shoretrooper doesn't need to do anything but get his first turn to be effective. So if he can get by in the red, what is the problem? After he absorbs biggs assist, u got a chance to use the toons that now can't get ohko, like your EP, right? And your st han. And if shoretrooper goes I think enemy lando is c9mpletey neutralized, right? Why u need shoretrooper to live longer than 1 turn?

Because that tends to be the point of having multiple turns. Simply being the first to die isn't good enough. If it was then I would use any other toon and hope that RNG picks that toon to take out first. Frankly I wish that Wedge was still like Rex so that this wouldn't be an issue
  • Options
    If wedge was exclusive, it wouldn't be a problem, yet. But it will be a bigger problem, later. It sounds like ur on a nice whale free shard. U are lucky, but that probably wont last. Someone will take a bite, and that will cause envy. Someone else will take a bite. Next thing u know u got 5 p2w squads sitting in your top ten.

I am ecstatic that easy farm toons can compete now. In droid era, droids were f2p team of choice, but they were completely owned by rex.
  • Options
    If wedge was exclusive, it wouldn't be a problem, yet. But it will be a bigger problem, later. It sounds like ur on a nice whale free shard. U are lucky, but that probably wont last. Someone will take a bite, and that will cause envy. Someone else will take a bite. Next thing u know u got 5 p2w squads sitting in your top ten.

I am ecstatic that easy farm toons can compete now. In droid era, droids were f2p team of choice, but they were completely owned by rex.

My shard is full of Rex leads but it's still not a problem because they are avoidable for me. You are assuming that I want to place number 1. A title that mean basically nothing being that you will inevitably be dethroned as soon as the others can fight you
  • medetec
    1571 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Rex will go free to play, sooner than later most likely.

Rex is a different kind of problem but the same idea. Overloaded kits doing too many things too easily and too well make more interesting kits that do some of those things useless. Jack of all trades characters need to be masters of none, not masters of all.
  • Options
    So op..... if u could beat rex, u could avoid all those wiggs, teams?

Or if u could nerf both of them, u could sit in top ranks with your team?

Just sayin. A lot of people like this better than before. Heck, even though i have to farm anni, Wedge, biggs, lando, ep all at the same time to chase the meta, I at least see the pros of this vs the old. rex beat droids, droids beat everyone else. There are lots of lando lead wedge lead, some EP lead, and I swear any day now some of those rex teams might need to buy a refresh.
  • Options
    He sees only what he wants. Typical.
  • RUFU
    31 posts Member
    Options
    Don't hate cuz you ain't bruh, join the meta
  • R5D4sMotivator
    204 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    See below
    Post edited by R5D4sMotivator on
  • R5D4sMotivator
    204 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    I knew you all would follow. I have every right to voice my opinion, and none of you have posted a reasonable counter to Wiggs apart from Raid Han. One toon that's hard to get for players that don't use the exact same 'exploit' that people are complaining about how people got ShoreTrooper. One toon can not be the only solution to Wiggs. I knew that your replies would simply be "get good". Guess what that's not an excuse and reasonable way to counter Wiggs. Somebody come up with a team that counters Wiggs, without Raid Han and EP, two highly exclusive toons to the normal players.

So the best counter by far to Wiggs teams is Rex. When you pair Rex with other toons, the counter becomes so deadly that wiggs teams can't even win on offense. I single-handedly destroyed wiggs on my arena server and loved every second of it because I despise wiggs for some reason. I don't like their blended name, don't like their faces and just don't like rebel scum. I don't know why I detest them, but I just never liked them. That said, I have them both with max gear mods etc etc.

The BEST counter to wiggs, one that is basically unbeatable for the "standard squad" of Wedge or Lando lead, Biggs, ST Han, and then either raid han, JKA or EP (even if they are on offense playing this team) is: Rex (L), Sun Fac, Shoretrooper, Palp, and JKA. They wiggs-off on Shore at the beginning, but after the first 3 shots Rex's lead takes over and it's a wrap. Rex tenacity up clears a stun or expose on ani, Palp stuns them all usually, and shore does his crit immunity and they are standing still while crying after that.

But that's not the only counter. There are several other counters that work, just not quite as effective. I know some may complain that my advice includes a toon (shore) that is unavailable to a lot so here's a couple other suggestions that are VERY difficult for wiggs teams to beat, and, on offense, you will win:

Rex lead (unfortunately this is going to be the key on all teams, his leader skill is what stops the wiggs madness)
    Sun Fac
    Palp
    Lando
    JKA

This team has the DPS, and, unless the wiggs squad you face is also running Rex, will defeat it relatively easily. The Sun Fac taunt makes a "standard wiggs team" (mentioned above) unable to get around it, all the while, you have enough DPS to kill Wedge quickly.

Another variation to that team is

Rex
    Sun Fac
    Palp
    Lando
    ST Han.

After the initial wiggs hit, Rex lead takes over, and if you have the right speed on your toons so they go in a certain order, it can give you even more TM if ST Han taunts after they make a full pass. You can sometimes get 8 - 10 turns in a row.

The wiggs initial pounding is hard-hitting, but it is USUALLY not able to take out JKA or tanks. So that leaves the AI a 2/5 chance that it would Oat-KO (one turn kill) your palp or lando, and, the team can still survive and win without them. It is possible for them to oat-ko Ani but rare. They need to be running Wedge lead with massive crit dmg and physical dmg, and still usually would need the wedge AoE to finish him off.

If you are not running or do not have Rex, then you are going to run into problems. But honestly, you have to get SOME toons. If you don't you're just playing with the original ones hoping for the best and I'm sure that's not the case. So you'll have to invest in someone. It's the side-effect of playing in a freemium game, we gotta expect that they're going to force us to develop new toons, and spend more $ (unless you don't care about finishing high in arena).

If you don't run Rex, you have the option of running Wiggs yourself. You basically end up getting into speed wars on your shard, and "he who hath the best speed secondaries" wins. I hate this option.

Beyond those two, there ARE still other combos that will work, but most involve shoretrooper. You can run EP and some other toons with shore and win easily.

HOWEVER - I just watched a video of ACKBAR, WIGGS, ST HAN and EWOK ELDER beating a Rex / wiggs / Shoretrooper team. So, there's many ways to possibly do it!

Droids are also a counter and should be able to win on offense. JediGhost I saw your post about how droids won't win on Defense. Thing is though, droids won't win on defense to virtually any decent team. I even stopped using Raid Han to stun JE, as it just wasn't necessary. I would take it one step at a time, and get yourself a team that will win on offense. Then, focus on something that would hold up defensively.

The end conclusion is that Wiggs is actually not that amazing of a team. They're very, very squishy (just like sandstorms on Tatooine) and their only hope is to be powerful enough to out-speed you to death. So if you don't have the right leader or supporting cast for your squad, they can for sure seem OP and impossible to beat. But, if you switch it up to one of the combos I mentioned, you will enjoy success at a significant rate (at least 85% if not more).

I took a bit of time to write this out since I read your post about nobody offering up any advice or counters. Hopefully you find it helpful...that's my sole intention. I never mean to offend anyone. Best of luck and feel free to PM me, if you'd like any specific help.
  • Options

There is 2 videos for proof on how strong this combo of Wedge and Biggs is.

ShoreTrooper isn't a counter, heck even raid Han Solo isn't a count cause you need at least 50% potency for stun to even stick. I have Han Solo at 7* and just because he shoots first doesn't garentee a stun. Let's not forget about those who don't even have him and if they do he isn't arena viable.

People say use better mods, I'd sure like to know which ones would help with 50k damage right from the start of battle within 5 seconds basically one hit killing a toon.

Do I really have to farm Wedge and Biggs just to compete with Wedge and Biggs cause that doesn't seem like a counter.

Maybe if Rex or Sunfac was free for everyone to get I wouldn't have issues with Wedge and Biggs, til then their damage and speed is going to be an issue.

So much for balance.

I'll make some videos and share them. My shore has 77k HP. 51k Protection. He is definitely, without-a-doubt, a Wiggs hard counter...and an amazing one at that!