Daily Crystal Booster Packs returning

Prev13456711
EA_Jesse
663 posts SWGOH Dev Team
edited January 2016
Greetings Heroes,

We wanted to take a moment to let you all know that we’ll be making the highly requested Daily Crystal Booster Packs available to players. The Pack we are offering will deliver 100 Crystals to your inbox every day for 21 days, including 100 Crystals immediately upon purchase! This bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect your Crystals every day. Once you have purchased the pack you will have until midnight each day to collect your daily Crystals from your inbox. Late redemption will result in forfeiture of the previous day’s Crystal entitlement.

The only requirement is that players will need to have purchased at least $4.99 worth of content from the shop to see this offer. This could have been the Dark Side Starter pack, the Bag of Crystals (610 Crystals) or any of the previously offered Daily Crystal Booster Packs. Once that condition has been met you will see the option to purchase the Daily Crystal Booster Pack.

We also wanted to let you know that this offer will be re-purchasable.

Cheers,
Capital Games
Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
Post edited by EA_Jesse on

Replies

• Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    It appears as if the 7 day $4.99 plan has won the coin toss and been rolled out across the board. For a month of being subbed it would cost approximately $20. On the other hand, I can sub for a AAA MMO for $14.99/month.

The cost of this "sub" is ridiculously high for what you get in return. There is absolutely no way I would purchase this option. I'd love to hear the justification for this considering how micro transaction intensive this game still is. I'm by no means a f2p player....but I also recognize this game for what it is.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    ... I'm by no means a f2p player....but I also recognize this game for what it is.

Dude, you are a rare breed!
  • Options
    $6.25/week in New Zealand Dollars for me. So less than a dollar a day. Thats very reasonable for the extra crystals.

It's cheap, get over it.

At least they have a sub pack.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I have the 7 and 21 days subs running now :)
  • Options
    I seen a number of people complain about the 7 day pack not being as good a deal as the 21 day pack (or was it monthly? can't remember)...

Anyhow having seen their complaints, I never saw either subscription plans til today, now I see the 7 day pack but not the other one... I'm like are they doing what they did to those others that have complained, getting the 7 day one because its the only one there and once bought they roll out the other better value one?!

The other thing that gets me is if for whatever reason you fail to log into collect your crystals each day, that's it! poof they are gone for that day! So as tempting as it is to get that rather than the same bundle of crystals in one go for the same price... that's way too risky for my taste. lose your phone, get it stolen, it breaks or other bad things happen to your phone to prevent you from logging in then that's it there is no way for you to gain the crystals you failed to log in for.

Still if I was to get crystals I would rather by the instant bundles rather the sub because the is just too much that could potentially go wrong.

The daily log in to collect your crystals does make me wonder about what is going on behind the scenes though.. but I'm paranoid like that.
    Former crazy person of the guild "Shard Awakens"... *quit game 13th July 2016*

Game used to be fun when it wasn't a grind... if I wanted a grind I would have went and played old school Everquest or some Korean MMO!
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Skye wrote: »
    I seen a number of people complain about the 7 day pack not being as good a deal as the 21 day pack (or was it monthly? can't remember)...

Anyhow having seen their complaints, I never saw either subscription plans til today, now I see the 7 day pack but not the other one... I'm like are they doing what they did to those others that have complained, getting the 7 day one because its the only one there and once bought they roll out the other better value one?!

The other thing that gets me is if for whatever reason you fail to log into collect your crystals each day, that's it! poof they are gone for that day! So as tempting as it is to get that rather than the same bundle of crystals in one go for the same price... that's way too risky for my taste. lose your phone, get it stolen, it breaks or other bad things happen to your phone to prevent you from logging in then that's it there is no way for you to gain the crystals you failed to log in for.

Still if I was to get crystals I would rather by the instant bundles rather the sub because the is just too much that could potentially go wrong.

The daily log in to collect your crystals does make me wonder about what is going on behind the scenes though.. but I'm paranoid like that.

I got the 21-day pack for $4.99 and it has much better value. 300 upfront and 100 per day = 2400 total. Which is 1790 more crystals than the $4.99 pack of 610 crystals upfront

The 7-day pack costs the same, but you only get 300 upfront and 165 per day=1455. Which is still 810 more crystals than the $4.99 pack of 610 crystals upfront.

Like you said, there is a lot that can happen in (7) 21 days, although most is unlikely to occur, it is still a possibility. For me, I look at it with the same reasoning behind taking an 8-week college course, versus a 16-week. With a predictable working schedule it's easier to go for a longer duration, but with an unpredictable schedule, it might be better to get it done in as short of time as possible, as a lot can happen in 4-months.

As far as the behind the scenes part, I think the same way. I figure it can be a few things:

1. They get you to come back at least once per day for the duration of the plan. The more you are around, the more likely your are to spend (versus not being in the game and forgetting about it).

2. They create an enticing offer to pull you in, with the idea that you will probably forget to login a few or more days anyway. The less crystals you obtain through the subscription, the more you have to grind for, or purchase again later.

3. Maybe having stuff sitting in that many inboxes creates some unnecessary server load, requiring an inbox dump every night.
  • Options
    It appears as if the 7 day $4.99 plan has won the coin toss and been rolled out across the board. For a month of being subbed it would cost approximately $20. On the other hand, I can sub for a AAA MMO for $14.99/month.

The cost of this "sub" is ridiculously high for what you get in return. There is absolutely no way I would purchase this option. I'd love to hear the justification for this considering how micro transaction intensive this game still is. I'm by no means a f2p player....but I also recognize this game for what it is.

Yep, not what i hoped for - forums were clear what we want - 21-day sub...they decided to go with 7-day...sorry $20/mo for a mobile game is too obscene in my mind....
  • Options
    CptKloss wrote: »

Yep, not what i hoped for - forums were clear what we want - 21-day sub...they decided to go with 7-day...sorry $20/mo for a mobile game is too obscene in my mind....

They improved it actually, the old 7 day sub was 125 crystals per day, now they increased it to 165 for the same price.

I guess they picked the in-between of the 2 packs, 21-day offered better value, 7 day offered more crystals over time (as long as you are willing to spend), so they picked the 7 day offer and improved it's value for money.

Rather fair I think. Of cos everyone's view on the pricing matter is different, but we can see CG did come to a compromise here, picking the 7 days (because they realized most will still buy it anyway, better profit), but increasing the crystals given at the same time (most wanted the better value option of 21 days, but since it's not given, they made 7 days better)
  • Options

You're right, it is the worst of the two options, but it will give them the highest profits. I would have preferred the 21 day option, but no one is forced to buy either one.
  • Options
    SeroZero wrote: »

They improved it actually, the old 7 day sub was 125 crystals per day, now they increased it to 165 for the same price.

I guess they picked the in-between of the 2 packs, 21-day offered better value, 7 day offered more crystals over time (as long as you are willing to spend), so they picked the 7 day offer and improved it's value for money.

Rather fair I think. Of cos everyone's view on the pricing matter is different, but we can see CG did come to a compromise here, picking the 7 days (because they realized most will still buy it anyway, better profit), but increasing the crystals given at the same time (most wanted the better value option of 21 days, but since it's not given, they made 7 days better)

it's a "30% extra" event only.... will go back to normal in 11 days
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited December 2015
    Options

This is what I don't get. It was blatantly clear what we wanted. We all understand that EA/CG are businesses attempting to make profit and as a result will not cater to every whim of its customers. But at some point you just have to scratch your head and go.....huh?

I'm not gonna bother trying to argue the model of pricing for packs and other micro transactions. These companies all do the same thing so it clearly works and they have the data to back it up. However, this sub plan is not something that they're going to make a killing off of from whales. It could/should be a way of reaching out to the more frugal/conservative player base. Instead, the Scrooge like approach of charging more than a SWtOR sub, another EA SW game, while getting far less in return for the investment is just totally unreasonable.

And why force people to log on EVERY SINGLE DAY to claim something they paid for in advance? Just dump it in their inbox and be done. You got the money....who cares what people do from there. Forcing someone to login daily isn't going to entice customer loyalty. People will quit when they want to regardless.

Will I continue to spend money on this game? Sure, probably. I'll buy bundles I consider to be worthwhile and occasionally crystals to get my recharges. Had it been the 21 day sub I would've purchased it. I consider that to be reasonable for a mobile game and the limited playability that comes with the territory. But, again, I recognize this game for what it is and I will absolutely not be purchasing this scam of a "sub". I think there are many reasonable people who think the same.
  • Options
    I got the email for the offer. I didn't get any offers though :(
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

We wanted to take a moment to let you all know that we’ll be making the highly requested Daily Crystal Booster Packs available to players. The Pack we are offering will deliver Crystals to your inbox every day for 21 days, including 100 Crystals immediately upon purchase! This bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect your Crystals every day. Once you have purchased the pack you will have until midnight each day to collect your daily Crystals from your inbox. Late redemption will result in forfeiture of the previous day’s Crystal entitlement.

The only requirement is that players will need to have purchased at least $4.99 worth of content from the shop to see this offer. This could have been the Dark Side Starter pack, the Bag of Crystals (610 Crystals) or any of the previously offered Daily Crystal Booster Packs. Once that condition has been met you will see the option to purchase the Daily Crystal Booster Pack.

We also wanted to let you know that this offer will be permanent and re-purchasable, so don’t worry, it’s here to stay :)

Cheers,
    Capital Games

Gooooood Gooooood

Thanks devs!
  • Options
    cool. GG
  • Options
    When is this being added? I don't see the offer at this time.
  • Baggodi
    404 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Dang it, Jesse!!! Just when I'd decided not to pay any more... so much for that.
  • Options
    How many crystals a day? Still 100 or less now, just I see the initial is less and 150% I haven't done the math and I don't know crystal prices off the top of my head but it sounds like less than 2100.
  • Options
    Good work. +1
  • Options
    It will be 100 Crystals a day to your inbox (updating original post to include this). We're aiming to have this live this week, but there is always a chance it'll slip to next week.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    You rock Jesse:)
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    how much is it
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse

When will it show up?, looking to buy asap :)
  • Options
    It will be 100 Crystals a day to your inbox (updating original post to include this). We're aiming to have this live this week, but there is always a chance it'll slip to next week.

<3 ty!
  • Options

Sweet as
  • Options
    Well, how much would it cost and why would you hide the offer from f2p players? If you want to lure the f2p crowd it doesn't make any sense. I was thinking about it but I'm not spending a penny til I know exactly what the offer is.
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    Heisen wrote: »
    Well, how much would it cost and why would you hide the offer from f2p players? If you want to lure the f2p crowd it doesn't make any sense. I was thinking about it but I'm not spending a penny til I know exactly what the offer is.

Lucky for you, the offer isn't live yet, so you don't need to spend a penny.

• Options
    Offer the dark side starter pack for those of us that didn't get the offer.
  • Options
    How much will it cost?

If it is 5$ you can count with me every 21 days ;)
  • Options
    LocoAl wrote: »
    How much will it cost?

If it is 5$ you can count with me every 21 days ;)

If its 149% value of normal price, that means it's going to be 10$.