Daily Crystal Booster Packs returning

Replies

• Options
    Game updated here as well, $10.99 indeed. I'll give it a try and see how it goes.
    548-145-651 | Playing since Dec 28th (:
  • Options
    The description of the Daily Crystal Booster -21 Days says "the bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect crystals every day".
    The word bonus implies additional , meaning total value should be more than 249%.
    The booster contains in total 2200 crystals (if you collect crystals every day) and is listed as 10.99 € for me.
    Also on offer is (for example) Box of Crystals with 1340 crystal at once for 9.99 € . Getting 149% bonus value on the Box of Crystals would be 3336 Crystals (rounded down), where the Box of Crystals costs 9.99 € less than Daily Crystal Booster - 21 Days.
    CG / EA, please resolve the issue. This looks a bit like customer deception, especially considering the offered value for money is much lower than what previous daily crystal packs had on offer.
  • Options
    Hmm most other games similar to GoH offer 150 crystals every day FOR A MONTH, and for only 4.99. I wouldn't mind paying the 10 bucks if it lasted a month and not just 21 days :-( awefully pricey.
  • Options
    I'm going to go ahead and pass on this. If they can return it to its previous price I'll consider it.
    4/25/2016 - The day General Grevious Shards were reasonably priced.
  • Pokebreaker
    734 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Diraan wrote: »
    I'm going to go ahead and pass on this. If they can return it to its previous price I'll consider it.

bbNu7Ho.png

Concurred.

I initially did their 21-day 100x Crystal Sub for $5 (shortly after launch), and I want to say it came with a 300 Crystal boost (I can't remember the exact amount). Having had that previously, $10.99 is double the price for the same, if not less than, what I had previously. I'm sure others will enjoy it though :) It seems it's meant more to snag those who haven't seen the previous Crystal subscription prices.

As they say in Shark Tank, "and for that reason, I'm out"
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    if it was for same price as previous booster pack i would buy it, this new price is extortion. $5 or im not interrested.
  • Options
    10.99€

Do you think its fair paying the same price on $ or €? You can eat your offer...
  • Options
    Talk about a rip off... when the game was first released you were offering this exact same package to half the people playing for 5.99 and now its 15.99? EA_Crooks
  • Options
    KAULI wrote: »
    10.99€

Do you think its fair paying the same price on $ or €? You can eat your offer...

Cool, I bought it for 10.99€ not knowing the $ price...

Now I feel totally deceived...
  • Options
    jrx wrote: »
    The description of the Daily Crystal Booster -21 Days says "the bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect crystals every day".
    The word bonus implies additional , meaning total value should be more than 249%.
    The booster contains in total 2200 crystals (if you collect crystals every day) and is listed as 10.99 € for me.
    Also on offer is (for example) Box of Crystals with 1340 crystal at once for 9.99 € . Getting 149% bonus value on the Box of Crystals would be 3336 Crystals (rounded down), where the Box of Crystals costs 9.99 € less than Daily Crystal Booster - 21 Days.
    CG / EA, please resolve the issue. This looks a bit like customer deception, especially considering the offered value for money is much lower than what previous daily crystal packs had on offer.

They did that on purpose. They are masters of deception and raising prices slowly to suck our money.
  • doomtroopers
    37 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    After I read more and more of these posts i have noticed that EA has SCREWED over some people again. Some people have todays crystal bundle for 10.99, once again mine costs more 14.99 for me. Its 4$ more than most people are seeing it for. EA you are a bunch of liars and crooks, offer the same deal to everybody or not at all. Not even mentioning this deal is WAY worse than the old ones you used to offer.
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    from what ive read, im guessing atleast if not more than 50% of the ppl who bought the previous booster crysral specials, will not buy these new ones because its a rip off, i hope you learn your lesson @ea/cg. we are not mindless drones, treat us with respect, give us proper specials, or you can forget about us forking out any money for this useless new crystal booster pack or any other "specials"
  • Options
    I just purchased it and I did not receive the 100 immediately. :-( what can I do?

I also purchased and didnt receive the first pack. Apparently we are not the only ones either. Whats going on here EA?
  • Options
    I wrote a detail reason why this price was a terrible choice if they don't change it before midnight or tomorrow, then this will be a fail attempt, the people who are buying now, do it so they can later extort form devs and complain about them changing it to 4.99. It seems they have dug there own grave here. Honestly i know you have to pay bills and stuff, but you fail to see the value in retaining a good loyal costumer subscription. I guaranteed you will only get 10 percent of the total players who had spent 4.99 on both duoko or crystal pack. If we were gambling i would bet 1k against you with does odds. If you had made it 4.99, i guarantee that you would have gotten 90 percent to 100 percent by tomorrow of all the people who did purchase the original version and on top of that you could have instantly gave great incentive for does who have not bought anything yet, to actually buy and then subscribed, Also yours odds of having a steady stream of resubscription in high margins would be a sure slam dunk. Yet here we find our selfs with this 10.99, which will be the complete opposite of the value 4.99 would have brought you. Hope this helps you become better at making money.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Options
    I believe when you purchase one of these, the initial crystals are not sent in the mail but added directly to your account. So that might be why it appeared that they didn't arrive. Or, could be a real bug.

I'm reposting the below here as well. My guess is it sums up the feelings of many of us who have been here since launch.
    --
    I am really disappointed, @CG_JohnSalera - I know you guys need to make a profit, but the game is not exactly hurting if Google Play charts have anything to say about this. Especially since this requires a previous purchase, it would not have killed you guys to be a little more generous with your paying players.
    Some purchases you make and then feel "I got a good deal there". That's how I felt about the original 21-day package. I felt it sort of with the 7-day package that was 300 up front and 165 per day.
    This one? I feel like a bunch of accountants in a back room sat around figuring out the bare minimum bonus they could give and people would still buy it. I bought it, but I will now delay my next crystal pack purchase longer than I would have.
    Everyone accuses me of being a shill for CG, but I'm really not with you on this one. There's something to be said for not always trying to extract every last bit of profit. A bit of goodwill and generosity would have gone a long way here.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options

I'm not great with math so please correct me if I am way of f, but if the $9.99 pack is 1340 crystals, then 150% would be 2010 crystals?

For the $9.99 (1340 Crystal) pack it costs, $0.0074552238 per Crystal (9.99/1340)

For the $10.99 (2200) Crystal subscription, it costs $0.0049954545 per Crystal. (10.99/2200)

The Crystal sub clearly has a better rate per Crystal, of which if you were to apply the subscription rate to the Crystal Box price (1340 crystals), it would only cost $6.69; 150% of $6.69 is $10.035

So since $10.03 is less than the $10.99 subscription asking price, it would seem that their wording is correct in the it's value is over 149%.

Again,I am not good at math, please correct me so I can learn where I misunderstood.
  • Options
    @m33pm33p the first 100 crystals are automatically added to your crystal total, you won't get an inbox message for them.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    Lol at EA_Jesse's response. Sort of like he has tunnel vision. Not even a mention to anything else posted.
  • Options
    im glad to see you read these posts jesse, and i hope you guys (ea/cg) realise your mistake and fix it.
  • Options
    If i was able to Scorpion1980 i would bet you 500 crystals they never fix or change anything. Took me over two weeks to get a response about why some people got better sub packages than others and in case your wondering, no they never fixed or offered anything to make up for it.
  • Options
    10,99€ sorry i will not buy this ****. i was really willing to spend money again. i allready spend over 300 € but this is a ripoff in my opinion.
  • Options
    Took it away for so called technical reasons then brought it back for more than double the price with less crystals as well. Really not getting the logic behind that especially since almost every other game like this has a $3.99-4.99 price point for a much better deal across 30 days instead.
  • Scorpion1980
    246 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    If i was able to Scorpion1980 i would bet you 500 crystals they never fix or change anything. Took me over two weeks to get a response about why some people got better sub packages than others and in case your wondering, no they never fixed or offered anything to make up for it.
    hey if they think their clever and dont correct this blunder/disaster then their income for this useless "special" will give them a swift kick in the (cencored word)
  • Options
    m33pm33p wrote: »
    I just purchased it and I did not receive the 100 immediately. :-( what can I do?

I also purchased and didnt receive the first pack. Apparently we are not the only ones either. Whats going on here EA?

same here..
  • Options
    After I read more and more of these posts i have noticed that EA has SCREWED over some people again. Some people have todays crystal bundle for 10.99, once again mine costs more 14.99 for me. Its 4$ more than most people are seeing it for. EA you are a bunch of liars and crooks, offer the same deal to everybody or not at all. Not even mentioning this deal is WAY worse than the old ones you used to offer.

It's different in every currency.
    My name is cosmicturtle333, aka CT-333, aka Threes.
  • Options
    I'm not happy with the pricing and many of my in game friends are not happy either.
  • Options
    i think this mistake will bring the community together, time to fight fire with just not giving them a cent more, until they listen. "we wont pay...we wont pay!!!" walking with boards and pitch forks... ha ha
  • Dino
    23 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

I'm not great with math so please correct me if I am way of f, but if the $9.99 pack is 1340 crystals, then 150% would be 2010 crystals?

For the $9.99 (1340 Crystal) pack it costs, $0.0074552238 per Crystal (9.99/1340)

For the $10.99 (2200) Crystal subscription, it costs $0.0049954545 per Crystal. (10.99/2200)

The Crystal sub clearly has a better rate per Crystal, of which if you were to apply the subscription rate to the Crystal Box price (1340 crystals), it would only cost $6.69; 150% of $6.69 is $10.035

So since $10.03 is less than the $10.99 subscription asking price, it would seem that their wording is correct in the it's value is over 149%.

Again,I am not good at math, please correct me so I can learn where I misunderstood.

Read the initial post you quoted. It's about the wording (2 errors): 1st part being the "bonus" value and 2nd part being the "more".

To explain this I'll try to be as simple as possible.

Let's say CG usually sells us 1k crystals for the price of 10$ (exactly 10.00 for simplifying). If they would run a sale that implies 10% "more" value it would either be 1.1k crystals for the price of 10$ or 1k crystals for the price of 9.11$. No matter which currency (the in game or the paying currency) you take as the base, the multiplier will be 1.1 (100%[original base value] + 10%[additional *cough* bonus *cough* value] -> low grade maths about cross-multiplication and multiplication with decimals)

Now let's assume the sale would state 110% more value. What would be the multiplier? 2.1 (100% + 110%). Meaning 10$ package should yield us 2.1k crystals (too lazy to do the equation for the paying currency as the base)

Apply above example to current situation. If they say 149% more value, multiplier would be 2.49 (In other terms 100% more value means double the base, easy right?). Now let's take the in game currency awarding as the base. Which again has many different variables (2$ pack, 10$ pack, 100$ pack). So let's all just compare these.

1.99$ pack (220 crystals)-> 110.55 crystals per 1 Dollar/Euro
    9.99$ pack (1340 crystals)-> 134.13 crystals per 1 Dollar/Euro
    99.99$ pack (15710 crystals)-> 157.12 crystals per 1 Dollar/Euro
    10.99$ subscription pack (2200 crystals)-> 200.18 crystals per 1 Dollar/Euro
    [4.99$ subscription pack (2400 crystals)-> 480.96 crystals per 1 Dollar/Euro]

So... while the subscription pack is still the cheapest pack in terms of cost-value (if we ignore the previous subscription pack), it's not the value we are/were supposed to get since the bonus value we (don't) get would be

81% more if we take the 1.99$ pack as base
    49% more if we take the 9.99$ pack as base
    27% more if we take the 99.99$ pack as base
    140% less if we take the 4.99$ subscription pack as base

To summarize everything... this is either deception low level or failing maths and language high level.
    Post edited by Dino on
  • Options
    i think this mistake will bring the community together, time to fight fire with just not giving them a cent more, until they listen. "we wont pay...we wont pay!!!" walking with boards and pitch forks... ha ha

Unfortunately the forum community represents only a small fraction of the entire player base. So those that aren't on forums are more likely to buy it, because they don't know any better.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    Extremely dissapointed with the pricing direction of this game. Lesson learned Capital Games. Big mistake I have made.