Daily Crystal Booster Packs returning

Replies

• Options
    Unfortunately the forum community represents only a small fraction of the entire player base. So those that aren't on forums are more likely to buy it, because they don't know any better.
    eh he. ok. no matter im sure many players have the common sense to do the math, $5 vs $11 hmm if they are on the forums or not. and im betting their revenue for this "special" pack goes.... eawwwww Boom. splat.
  • Options
    Took it away for so called technical reasons then brought it back for more than double the price with less crystals as well. Really not getting the logic behind that especially since almost every other game like this has a $3.99-4.99 price point for a much better deal across 30 days instead.

I'm guessing the logic was that they saw the rate of purchase from the previous subscription, and figured that if they took it away for a while, all of the new players that would come in after it didn't exist, wouldn't have the old pack to compare it too; That way they can increase the price, and only older players would know the difference.

Companies do the same thing on Black Friday sales. Many times stuff on Black Friday actually costs MORE than it normally does throughout the rest of the year. However, unless you research previous prices, it will seem like a good deal to those just becoming aware of the sale.
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @m33pm33p the first 100 crystals are automatically added to your crystal total, you won't get an inbox message for them.

Thanks for the response.
  • AdamW
    692 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Lesson well learned in what to expect when you claim to bring features back. I left walking dead road to survival after earning $50 for them because of their greed escalating. I didnt even bother to spend the $50 in coins, I was turned off.

Dont want to see that repeated.

Im especially annoyed however that you guys didnt even mention that it would be double the price, just hoping we would ignore it or overlook that part.

Im gonna enjoy some delicious General Tsos chicken with your $11.
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    At $4.99 i was going to buy the sub and keep it rolling..... but at $10.99, its actually cheaper to play World of Warcraft -_-
  • Options
    Subscribed. Now we just need some more themed packs. I'll buy those too. Cheers EA.
  • Options
    ha ha gota love those dummy created forum accounts.
  • Options

Say what? It's cheaper crystals than the other packs, so I'm happy about that.
  • Options

Say what? It's cheaper crystals than the other packs, so I'm happy about that.
    if you say so boss. lol
  • Barrok
    1754 posts Member
    Options
    He's an ally of mine. He's legit
  • Options
    That's a bad combo, amateur devs and predatory producer. Yet another game stunted at birth by terrible decisions. EA will suck it dry and move to another project quickly
  • Options
    "money money money, must be funny, its a rich man's world"
  • Options
    At $4.99 i was going to buy the sub and keep it rolling..... but at $10.99, its actually cheaper to play World of Warcraft -_-

hahah, I actually thought the same thing. I (along with a few other friends of mine) left WoW to play other games and stuff (battlefield, some mobile, but not seriously together). This is one of the games we talk about and spend some cash on, couple hundred each around. But the return on that money has almost been zip. I'm really beginning to learn that unless you can drop a LOT of money on this game, it's almost not even worth spending at all. I REALLY wish games like this would offer a REASONABLE (heck, even 30-40 bucks monthly) way to experience everything it has to offer. I feel like it's so much wasted content :(

They are completely zeroed in on the whales (look at chromiums, or just how tedious it is to farm anything, or how much it takes to 7* an old ben or something $1000 bucks?). It makes no sense to spend on this game. This *pack* kind of feels like a complete insult. I literally get what...10 more tries a day at cantina? Thats like 3-4 shards out of 300 hahah.
  • jtveclipse12
    158 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    HanSlowMo wrote: »

hahah, I actually thought the same thing. I (along with a few other friends of mine) left WoW to play other games and stuff (battlefield, some mobile, but not seriously together). This is one of the games we talk about and spend some cash on, couple hundred each around. But the return on that money has almost been zip. I'm really beginning to learn that unless you can drop a LOT of money on this game, it's almost not even worth spending at all. I REALLY wish games like this would offer a REASONABLE (heck, even 30-40 bucks monthly) way to experience everything it has to offer. I feel like it's so much wasted content :(

They are completely zeroed in on the whales (look at chromiums, or just how tedious it is to farm anything, or how much it takes to 7* an old ben or something $1000 bucks?). It makes no sense to spend on this game. This *pack* kind of feels like a complete insult. I literally get what...10 more tries a day at cantina? Thats like 3-4 shards out of 300 hahah.

Yeah a friend i met on Wow years ago, he got me into this game. He gifted me $20 of google credit which i used to purchased a x8 chromium.... its still left a sour taste in my mouth 7 of the opens were shards for 1-2 stars, and the unlocked character was the Nightsister initiate.

However I did finally break down and purchase $20 worth of crystals early this morning (Sigh with the sub coming out sub coming out the same day). But I did allow me to get alot of things done when used on Energy/Cantina and hard resets. I also dont mind a gamble every once in awhile, so i took a chance on a x4 Chromium, unlocked Lei, Greedo, Cad Bane, and 12 of the anti jedi droid. This seemed somewhat reasonable. (And I still have about 1/3 of the crystals left)

100 crystals a day will pay for the cantina refresh or 2 energy refreshes. Which i'd assume everyone just sims those.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    HanSlowMo wrote: »

People like to make fun of WoW but when I played it It was subscription based and there was no "paytowin". That type of thing is totally frowned upon by serious gamers. This game makes me miss Eve Online. You could actually earn enough credits in the game to pay for your subscription. My main account could fund my second account if I wanted. They had a great model and the game is still going for over 10 years. I want to like this game but People are willing to buy 100 dollar character packs and prices just keep rising.
  • Kyuu2
    112 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can accept the phrasing "bonus value" to be synonymous to "special pack". I can accept that the phrasing "more than 149% of the standard price" to mean 149% of the standard since previous crystals sales was always a multiplier based off regular prices.

With that being said, I'm not a fan of the shady marketing strategy. The deal is 149.25% of the "standard" price though. Some would argue that 149.25% is pretty much 149% and is not more. In fact, it's only 4 crystals over 149%. Would it have really hurt them to make it 2200 crystals at $10 or 2300 crystals at $11 so its clearly more than 150% standard price? Right now I feel like it's one of those ads that are like "4k TV! Under $1000!" and it's listed for $999.99. I'll purposely not buy stuff from a company for marketing like that.

I was willing to put $10 for the pack, but the principle (not the extra dollar) is preventing me from supporting this deal. Sorry EA, please be honest and err slightly on the side of generosity, rather than walking that fine line of being deceiving to your customers.
  • Options
    So is the general consensus this is a good deal or a bad deal? Seems good on the surface. I bought the 4.99 7-day boost which was terrific, and a $19.99 crystal crate but that's it so far.
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Options
    DiscoSlice wrote: »
    So is the general consensus this is a good deal or a bad deal? Seems good on the surface. I bought the 4.99 7-day boost which was terrific, and a $19.99 crystal crate but that's it so far.

The one before the 7 day pack was much better. Only you can really decide if its worth it. Im gonna hold of on purchases for a while and see what happens. The real test will be what they price the new character packs at.
  • Options
    Lokai wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Greetings Heroes,

We wanted to take a moment to let you all know that we’ll be making the highly requested Daily Crystal Booster Packs available to players. The Pack we are offering will deliver 100 Crystals to your inbox every day for 21 days, including 100 Crystals immediately upon purchase! This bonus value is more than 149% of the standard price if you collect your Crystals every day. Once you have purchased the pack you will have until midnight each day to collect your daily Crystals from your inbox. Late redemption will result in forfeiture of the previous day’s Crystal entitlement.

The only requirement is that players will need to have purchased at least $4.99 worth of content from the shop to see this offer. This could have been the Dark Side Starter pack, the Bag of Crystals (610 Crystals) or any of the previously offered Daily Crystal Booster Packs. Once that condition has been met you will see the option to purchase the Daily Crystal Booster Pack.

We also wanted to let you know that this offer will be permanent and re-purchasable, so don’t worry, it’s here to stay :)

Cheers,
    Capital Games

SSWWWWEEEEEEEETNEESSSSSSS!!!!!

:)

thanx guys :)

AWESOME!!!!!!!!
  • Ptolemy
    105 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have to agree with many of the others that this is disappointing

I am a business student myself. I understand that profit is the main objective. But this game has potential to be more than a short term cash cow for EA. You have an entire galaxy of star wars content(which is only going to expand with epsiode 8 and 9) that can be released, to leverage among a huge market. Despite the fairly narrow content currently released, this game has proven very addictive and performed very well on the top grossing list

I think its pretty **** obvious there was no 'technical issue'. How there can be a technical issue for buying crystals for gods sake, that took weeks to fix??? that is some beginner level coding. Far more obvious, the bean counters at the strategic level decided that the crystal sub as it was was not as profitable as it could be, and used some financial modelling to suggest that the price to be set at what is currently, to extort as much money out of us as possible while seeming like a good deal.

What those accountants dont seem to realise is that each and every customer is a thinking individual. This is a strategy game, and while many customers may be kids, the majority are fairly intelligent. We can see we are being milked, and while the price itself is still a good deal compared to individual purchases, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth of players, the feeling that we are not at all valued by EA.

In the short term this may be more profitable. But in the long run, im willing to bet that the inability to blood new paying customers through a cheap, good value subscription that allows more playtime and thus will lead to players buying the bigger packs once they are hooked is going to hurt this games profitability

Very dissapointed EA. This will alienate the existing players and discourage future ones from committing to this game.
  • Options
    <Thanks for the offer, but I'll have to pass.>
    Knights of the Mobile Republic
  • Options
    While the value isn't nearly as good as past offers I still bought it. I can totally understand players with less money or in countries where it is an even worse deal passing it up though, which is unfortunate.

• Options
    This was a thing? Awesome!
    So I may actually consider paying for this game now. (Just for the crystals I mean)
  • Artas
    223 posts Member
    Options
    EUR 10.99 in my area...are you serious???
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    I have to agree with many of the others that this is disappointing

I am a business student myself. I understand that profit is the main objective. But this game has potential to be more than a short term cash cow for EA. You have an entire galaxy of star wars content(which is only going to expand with epsiode 8 and 9) that can be released, to leverage among a huge market. Despite the fairly narrow content currently released, this game has proven very addictive and performed very well on the top grossing list

I think its pretty **** obvious there was no 'technical issue'. How there can be a technical issue for buying crystals for gods sake, that took weeks to fix??? that is some beginner level coding. Far more obvious, the bean counters at the strategic level decided that the crystal sub as it was was not as profitable as it could be, and used some financial modelling to suggest that the price to be set at what is currently, to extort as much money out of us as possible while seeming like a good deal.

What those accountants dont seem to realise is that each and every customer is a thinking individual. This is a strategy game, and while many customers may be kids, the majority are fairly intelligent. We can see we are being milked, and while the price itself is still a good deal compared to individual purchases, it leaves a very bad taste in the mouth of players, the feeling that we are not at all valued by EA.

In the short term this may be more profitable. But in the long run, im willing to bet that the inability to blood new paying customers through a cheap, good value subscription that allows more playtime and thus will lead to players buying the bigger packs once they are hooked is going to hurt this games profitability

Very dissapointed EA. This will alienate the existing players and discourage future ones from committing to this game.

Whoah da(mn) son brillant post gotta give a +1 to this.

Edit: fixing the **** .......
  • Options
    I have goten my 100 cristals dats no problem but there is no message in my inbox for claiming the other cristals
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Would you be so kind to tell us if the pricing or the value delivered is an error or if this is intended? If this is intended, would you be so kind to explain the maths and terminolgy of this offer? (bonus, more, 149%)
    I have goten my 100 cristals dats no problem but there is no message in my inbox for claiming the other cristals
    The offer starts 1 day after the initial purchase because the first 100 crystals are the crystals for the initial purchase itself. The timer for the days however just starts after midnight after the initial purchase, so it is rather a 22 day offer or a 21 day offer with 1 additional day of transmission and delay depending on the point of view and interpretation. Hope you understood?
  • Options
    I was super excited when I saw the pop-up show up when I logged in yesterday and was all-in to buy it. But then the screen popped up showing $12.99 (in Canada). Yeah, I'll be passing on this one now. :neutral:
  • Options
    Most of you seem to be concerned with $10.99 being an odd number, but in the UK, it is a more pleasing £8.49 which makes it seem more tempting right?

Well I bought it.

At todays exchange rate, I actually paid $12.13, so i got a worse deal than you guys but it is still significantly cheaper than buying the crystal packs.

Do not assume that everyone who plays this game is based in America, Even CG are not based in America, so why would they set the price to match an American dollar amount?

just because it is not as good a deal as the initial deals, does not make it a bad deal.

Buy it, if like me it is a saving on the packs and you can afford it, or do not buy it if you cannot afford it.

Either way, enjoy the game, and may the force be with you, Always....

• Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Ptolemy wrote: »
    I have a long-standing policy of not calling the devs liars when they say something flatly is a certain way. And software is funny, so yes certain strange things can happen that take longer to resolve than we expect. It is possible that they did have some issue that prevented these from returning sooner.
    But for the average person, it seems hard to understand. And then having them come back after such a long delay at a substantially worse deal than they were before... well, it is not only disappointing, it sows distrust of the developers. It makes people feel like they were manipulated, whether they actually were or not.
    Perceptions do matter. This deal is bad for a slow trickle of premium currency (most such deals in other games are more like the earlier deals we got). And the optics are even worse.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.