Stealth change in Rancor Tenacity

Prev1
FERNANDOPHJ
21 posts Member
edited October 2016
After the last update, I noticed that I am getting resisted way more often than usual! I am sure that they implemented a stealth change at the captain and the rancor tenacity. Everyone I talk about seems to agree with me on this, they are all getting more resists than usual..
Post edited by warmonkey1024 on

Replies

• Options
    I was thinking the same but going to give it another go on next raid before posting. I know it can seem this way with how the RNG can be but it seemed worse i even restarted my attack 10 times before i finally said screw it.
  • Options
    I and the other folks in my guild have definitely noticed this as well.
  • Options
    I've noticed that this topic seems to be deleted. Why?
  • Options
    Please do not post in all caps. Changed the title for you.
  • Options
    I haven't noticed anything related to tenacity. Speed down is much less effective against the Captain. Possibly Rancor too. That is assumed to be related to the change they made to nerf errr fix Fives speed down but seems to be affecting Phasma as well and possibly others.

Its possible you're just noticing the resists more because he is gaining TM so much faster.
  • Options
    The frustrating part is that they "fixed" how much speed down reduces speed (i.e. made it better for the Rancor, Captain, new raid bosses, etc.) but STILL haven't fixed Teebo's stealth issues. :/

Seriously?
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Did the captain always have +50% tenacity unless toppled, skull thing? I don't think I saw it but I don't pay that much attention.
    Nikoms565 wrote: »
    The frustrating part is that they "fixed" how much speed down reduces speed (i.e. made it better for the Rancor, Captain, new raid bosses, etc.) but STILL haven't fixed Teebo's stealth issues. :/

Seriously?

My conspiracy theory is they laid the groundwork to fix stealth (as they said)and have it ready to be fixed but will not release it until they can "fix" things that will make racnor harder to solo.
  • SlyGambit
    1246 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options

Seriously?

Right. They also 'fixed' the potency/tenacity issue right after mods was released. In theory they were just normalizing it but it was a clear nerf that could only be overcome with mods. Thank goodness those came along at the same time so we could spend money/save crystals and eventually overcome the normalization. Pretty much every 'fix' to Rancor coincidentally makes it harder.

Its not coincidence this happened right when the level cap went up. Rancor would be too easily solo'd with lvl 85 max gear raid squad.
  • Options
    I did notice that when i hit 81 before the last update it got even easier. I was hardly resisted but now its been pretty bad we have another scheduled at 7 tonight so should be able to get an update then. Honestly i dont' mind the change that much i just wish they would have announced it. I hate when stealth stuff goes in.
  • Options
    After the last update, I noticed that I am getting resisted way more often than usual! I am sure that they implemented a stealth change at the captain and the rancor tenacity. Everyone I talk about seems to agree with me on this, they are all getting more resists than usual..

While this is true and i used to solo phase one without them getting a turn, im still able to solo phase one they get 5 or 6 turns now
    Check out my channel and if you like it feel free to subscribe
    Virtual Gaming World
  • Options
    We were getting ready to try T7, but after the "fix" we can kiss the a idea goodbye.
  • Options
    I used to get the guards down to 10-20% health before I finally died. Last raid I only got them down to 65%. That's a major difference.
  • Options
    I am being resisted much more as well. I haven't been able to rule out RNG yet, as we have only done two since the update. But it does seem to have increased (the rancor and the captain as well).
  • Options
    My guild has noticed a big difference as well. We are still able to complete the raid without problems... But for our lower lvl players who were finally feeling like they started coming along nicely have felt like they got a slap to the face. They were hitting PRs and now it's like they've gone backwards since the latest update.
  • Options
    Was talking to my guild about this tonight. Last sunday 7 million damage on stage 3. Today 2 million. Used to solo the guards now rougly 50%.
    Everyones scores are down in the guild.
    They have done somthing
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    I can't really decide if it's happening or if it's just the speed down making it feel that way. It might be my imagination but Teebo feels more broken than ever, Scout barely lands at all but both seem worse after the first door down has happened.

It's not a big problem because the raid gets crushed so easily so no nerf crying, just an acknowledgment it seems to have gotten slightly tougher
  • Options
    We had some people thinking that, and then during today's free-for-all, we had probably our faster p1 clear time at about 10 minutes. I didn't really notice much of a difference in how often my Teebo was resisted. His potency is just under 60%.
  • Hobnob
    1097 posts Member
    Options
    My Teebo is 85% QGJ is 94% and scout is 74% if it matters at all!
  • Options

Seriously?

Because of course they did. Gotta prioritize right? Seriously, why would they fix one without fixing the other to at least balance it. Ugh.

And don't even get me started on the only two tiers of this new raid.
  • Options
    Thank goodness for that, I thought I was just jinxed. I went from 3-5mil scores and now struggle to clear phase 1.

The turn meter def fills faster and the resists are def increased in number. For maybe the last 2 weeks now.

I was so disgusted last raid I actually retreated and just registered instead - before I threw my ipad through the door (without opening it first). Months building a killer raid team, wasted. Thanks a bunch.
    "If you recognise this thumbnail, then you have great taste, and you're really getting old"
  • Options
    I thought it was just me or my run but looking down the dmg chart, everyone outside the top 2 are down and I mean everyone.
  • Options
    I don't really mind the raids being hard. That's fine. The problem is that I have 30 characters to gear up and I am getting about one piece of new raid gear per week. So at this rate, it will take approximately 6 years to max out all of my 30 characters at 85. This is not reasonable.
  • Options
    i've noticed the same, speed down is less when applied and resistance to tm reduction is higher. So I have not been able to solo p1 since the change
  • Options
    Mr_Eel wrote: »
    I don't really mind the raids being hard. That's fine. The problem is that I have 30 characters to gear up and I am getting about one piece of new raid gear per week. So at this rate, it will take approximately 6 years to max out all of my 30 characters at 85. This is not reasonable.

Exactly same situation. What's the point of grinding if it takes months of daily progress to achieve anything. It's either years or pay thousands and it's days.
  • Options
    Our guild scores went down by about 40% across the board. I have soloed P1&2nd together and regularly scored 3.5 in damage with my a team. Last two heroics was 2.1 & 2.2. So something is different. I like it though. Makes raids faster and I don't have to dedicate as much time to it
  • Options
    The guard captain is now lvl 90
  • Options
    The guard captain is now lvl 90

That explains a lot...
    TMR doesnt work as great anymore, slow down works as usual...
  • Options
    I agree that I am definitely not doing as much damage as I used to but I'm not sure the Rancor's tenacity has been changed. I can't say with any certainty that my TMR is being resisted any more or less often than before but with the Speed Down nerf, any time TMR is resisted can potentially allow the Rancor to get a turn in. Before the Speed Down nerf, if Teebo got resisted, I would almost always get another chance as Rex would get one or two more turns and he rarely gets resisted. Now, if Teebo can't hit with his TMR, it's almost guaranteed that the Rancor gets a turn.

But honestly, I'm not sure I'm upset about this change. Yeah, it means I can't solo entire phases anymore and it sucks not having that to brag about but I'm still typically the top hitter in my guild. And since it now takes longer to finish a raid, more members are getting a chance to participate. Overall, it's better for our guild and I'm OK with that.

Besides, these raids weren't meant to be solo'd in the first place and I feel like it's almost an exploit that we were able to. Not an exploit in the sense that it's bannable but rather an unintended design flaw. Kinda like a thermal exhaust port that's just big enough for torpedoes to get through and connects to the main reactor. The Death Star can still be blown up but now it's going to take a full fleet of ships to do it - as was intended - instead of a single one-man fighter. And that's how it should be.
  • Options
    ^ this

• Options
    No hes right about speed the pig captain moves way faster with speed down and seems to not last as long!