Replies

  • Cyn
    76 posts Member
    @Mofojokers1992

    Well, if I'm running QGJ then Solo does nothing but give me team a 50% offense up buff so I would thank you for that and proceed to destroy you.

    Anyways, the point of the matter is not his damage, it's his health. 12,500 health for one of the strongest hitters in the game is too much and is quite likely a bug and this is coming from someone that uses him and likes him. His STR stat when he goes from 6 stars to 7 stars gets a 3.3 multiplier bonus where he was primarily getting an AGI bonus the rest of his star levels. If it's not a bug then keep him as is because I like him and use him but I suspect it is a bug. I have yet to see a character switch their primary stat (STR, AGI, or INT) when becoming 7 stars outside of him.
  • 99% it's the f2p, freemium teams that want to nerf this, nerf that.... in the end money speaks. What makes you f2p people think you should be able to complain about people who spend thousands in the first place. This so ridiculous. Now I'm no whale I've spent about $540 so far and managed and planned my spending. It's still hard to beat whale teams but they spent much more than me. I accept that.

    I guess though not sure why a F2P expects to have the same access as someone that pays.

    I have seen posts to nerf Jin, Liea and the list goes on.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    99% it's the f2p, freemium teams that want to nerf this, nerf that.... in the end money speaks. What makes you f2p people think you should be able to complain about people who spend thousands in the first place. This so ridiculous. Now I'm no whale I've spent about $540 so far and managed and planned my spending. It's still hard to beat whale teams but they spent much more than me. I accept that.

    Fotp is a f2p toon lol

    Indeed
  • Cyn wrote: »
    @Mofojokers1992

    Well, if I'm running QGJ then Solo does nothing but give me team a 50% offense up buff so I would thank you for that and proceed to destroy you.

    Anyways, the point of the matter is not his damage, it's his health. 12,500 health for one of the strongest hitters in the game is too much and is quite likely a bug and this is coming from someone that uses him and likes him. His STR stat when he goes from 6 stars to 7 stars gets a 3.3 multiplier bonus where he was primarily getting an AGI bonus the rest of his star levels. If it's not a bug then keep him as is because I like him and use him but I suspect it is a bug. I have yet to see a character switch their primary stat (STR, AGI, or INT) when becoming 7 stars outside of him.

    Fair enough if it is not by design but if it is best to leave it and learn to counter it.

    So agree with ya
  • xxgozitaxx
    38 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Cyn wrote: »
    Since you're under the illusion you faced an FOTP/QGJ team, let me show you what one actually looks like.
    aThVoPK.png?1
    L7jrYBG.png?1

    Sorry for starting off aggressive, I just don't think enough people do extensive research prior to making claims and, in my opinion, this is one of those cases.

    You see, I have FOTP and QGJ and I'm fighting FOTP and QGJ along with a few other great characters. I put both there to show that I won because I felt like it. Anyways, you'll noticed that out of everyone, FOTP took the least amount of damage, now that could be because he didn't get hit with a crit or whatever. Sid, QGJ, and FOTP are all 7 stars, Poe is 6 stars and Old Ben is 5 stars.

    The problem people have with FOTP/QGJ teams it that they are very, very strong. Now, QGJ is strong in is own right and doesn't require some nerf because, as you can see, his health is in line with other characters that hit hard. In fact, I took him out prior to taking out FOTP because QGJ is a very powerful character that could have royally screwed me. FOTP puts out damage greater than QGJ but has the health of a 7 star Aayla secura in this instance. You'll see he has more health than everyone out there right now including Poe and Old Ben (granted they aren't fully starred so I understand that). However, I still have a slot open that could give him another 250 health that I haven't filled because I'm lazy. He crits for 5.2k damage per attack with advantage and with Sidious as leader and he crits for 3.7k without advantage. Furthermore, with advantage he has a 90% chance to attack again critting for another 5.2k damage in one turn.

    The problem is less with his damage, which is really high, it's with the fact that he has 12,500 health. Again, no one on that field on my team has more health than that, no one. He is the strongest hitter and he has the highest HP.

    I'm level 64 for reference.

    Although i am not at 64 i will find a counter by playing with my teams ( i have everyone but like 5 heroes unlocked). By the time im 70 i will have 7* starred them with most are 5-6 now.

    I promise you there are ways to stop him , have you tried a stun combo team with a phasma?.

    Solo is good fodder because the damage they do to him gives the team more turns. If i coupled that with dooku and Daka high ability pumping to keep him and jin stunned. Then using a Ren to have a double counter combo and to stop healing. Then a Liea to pump up my crits and use her and ren to deal with FoTP before attacking.


    If that didn't work i would keep moving and trying again until i find the build. Then write it down for when i face that build again.

    FFS dude FOTP is currently BUGGED. At 7* stars his agility and strength switch so he effectively gets the hp of a tank. THAT is why he is broken. Get that through your head. Once he is fixed and we can see how the hero is supposed to be, then we can talk.
  • xxgozitaxx wrote: »
    Cyn wrote: »
    Since you're under the illusion you faced an FOTP/QGJ team, let me show you what one actually looks like.
    aThVoPK.png?1
    L7jrYBG.png?1

    Sorry for starting off aggressive, I just don't think enough people do extensive research prior to making claims and, in my opinion, this is one of those cases.

    You see, I have FOTP and QGJ and I'm fighting FOTP and QGJ along with a few other great characters. I put both there to show that I won because I felt like it. Anyways, you'll noticed that out of everyone, FOTP took the least amount of damage, now that could be because he didn't get hit with a crit or whatever. Sid, QGJ, and FOTP are all 7 stars, Poe is 6 stars and Old Ben is 5 stars.

    The problem people have with FOTP/QGJ teams it that they are very, very strong. Now, QGJ is strong in is own right and doesn't require some nerf because, as you can see, his health is in line with other characters that hit hard. In fact, I took him out prior to taking out FOTP because QGJ is a very powerful character that could have royally screwed me. FOTP puts out damage greater than QGJ but has the health of a 7 star Aayla secura in this instance. You'll see he has more health than everyone out there right now including Poe and Old Ben (granted they aren't fully starred so I understand that). However, I still have a slot open that could give him another 250 health that I haven't filled because I'm lazy. He crits for 5.2k damage per attack with advantage and with Sidious as leader and he crits for 3.7k without advantage. Furthermore, with advantage he has a 90% chance to attack again critting for another 5.2k damage in one turn.

    The problem is less with his damage, which is really high, it's with the fact that he has 12,500 health. Again, no one on that field on my team has more health than that, no one. He is the strongest hitter and he has the highest HP.

    I'm level 64 for reference.

    Although i am not at 64 i will find a counter by playing with my teams ( i have everyone but like 5 heroes unlocked). By the time im 70 i will have 7* starred them with most are 5-6 now.

    I promise you there are ways to stop him , have you tried a stun combo team with a phasma?.

    Solo is good fodder because the damage they do to him gives the team more turns. If i coupled that with dooku and Daka high ability pumping to keep him and jin stunned. Then using a Ren to have a double counter combo and to stop healing. Then a Liea to pump up my crits and use her and ren to deal with FoTP before attacking.


    If that didn't work i would keep moving and trying again until i find the build. Then write it down for when i face that build again.

    FFS dude FOTP is currently BUGGED. At 7* stars his agility and strength switch so he effectively gets the hp of a tank. THAT is why he is broken. Get that through your head. Once he is fixed and we can see how the hero is supposed to be, we can talk.
    Cyn wrote: »
    @Mofojokers1992

    Well, if I'm running QGJ then Solo does nothing but give me team a 50% offense up buff so I would thank you for that and proceed to destroy you.

    Anyways, the point of the matter is not his damage, it's his health. 12,500 health for one of the strongest hitters in the game is too much and is quite likely a bug and this is coming from someone that uses him and likes him. His STR stat when he goes from 6 stars to 7 stars gets a 3.3 multiplier bonus where he was primarily getting an AGI bonus the rest of his star levels. If it's not a bug then keep him as is because I like him and use him but I suspect it is a bug. I have yet to see a character switch their primary stat (STR, AGI, or INT) when becoming 7 stars outside of him.

    Fair enough if it is not by design but if it is best to leave it and learn to counter it.

    So agree with ya

  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    So the proof that Poe is not OP is that you can beat a team that doesn't have Poe.

    I'm unconvinced
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Telaan wrote: »
    99% it's the f2p, freemium teams that want to nerf this, nerf that.... in the end money speaks. What makes you f2p people think you should be able to complain about people who spend thousands in the first place. This so ridiculous. Now I'm no whale I've spent about $540 so far and managed and planned my spending. It's still hard to beat whale teams but they spent much more than me. I accept that.

    Fotp is a f2p toon lol

    Technically true but let's get real, with the drops being low as it is it will take you months to even five star him. Not really feasible to get being f2p

    It's still f2p. Your argument of it being f2p calling for nerf is baseless and serves no purpose. I've spent at least as much as you. Others who have spent far more feel the damage to health ratio is off.
  • Although i am not at 64 i will find a counter by playing with my teams ( i have everyone but like 5 heroes unlocked). By the time im 70 i will have 7* starred them with most are 5-6 now.

    I promise you there are ways to stop him , have you tried a stun combo team with a phasma?.

    Solo is good fodder because the damage they do to him gives the team more turns. If i coupled that with dooku and Daka high ability pumping to keep him and jin stunned. Then using a Ren to have a double counter combo and to stop healing. Then a Liea to pump up my crits and use her and ren to deal with FoTP before attacking.

    If that didn't work i would keep moving and trying again until i find the build. Then write it down for when i face that build again.

    Good thing you write it down...

    I sit here and fight Cyn and CloneAndreas every day. I 'counter' them with Poe, Poggle, and the best FTP attackers in game (rotate Luke/IG-86/Geo(soon)/IG-86/Lumi).

    I probably have the best FTP setup to defeat those teams. But FOTP is still the main problem. If he was alone he would be manageable. However with multiple assist callers beside him or with Phasma as lead his primary attack comes into play way too often. If I get lucky and can work him down it typically requires 3 of my attackers or an expose to be able to knock him out the first round. Any other attacker in the game is taken out with 2 attacks (it's a given that 1/2 will be crits with my crit-team makeup).

    Also worth noting, since you're no where near end-game yet, that every single team is beatable. However the teams on that screenshot are only beatable 1 in 3 times and require the AI to act like the AI does. I am fairly confident that they are able to beat my team 3/4 or 4/5 times.

    I am still pretty sure that FOTP's swapping of STR and AGI at 7* is a bug (as well as his rare triple-tap attack) but even with all of the talk about him I've never seen EA/CG comment on his abilities. There is no explanation from them why he diverges so much from the tank/atttack/support model that applies to every other character in the game.
  • Telaan wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »
    99% it's the f2p, freemium teams that want to nerf this, nerf that.... in the end money speaks. What makes you f2p people think you should be able to complain about people who spend thousands in the first place. This so ridiculous. Now I'm no whale I've spent about $540 so far and managed and planned my spending. It's still hard to beat whale teams but they spent much more than me. I accept that.

    Fotp is a f2p toon lol

    Technically true but let's get real, with the drops being low as it is it will take you months to even five star him. Not really feasible to get being f2p

    It's still f2p. Your argument of it being f2p calling for nerf is baseless and serves no purpose. I've spent at least as much as you. Others who have spent far more feel the damage to health ratio is off.

    But it's true, and the truth hurts. If tie pilot is bugged then relax, I guarantee you guys the devs will know that by now.
  • Telaan,

    As you had rightfully told me in your post, I wouldn't be bothered.

    Let them see it themselves when they get there. Not worth your time and energy.
  • SlyGambit wrote: »
    Although i am not at 64 i will find a counter by playing with my teams ( i have everyone but like 5 heroes unlocked). By the time im 70 i will have 7* starred them with most are 5-6 now.

    I promise you there are ways to stop him , have you tried a stun combo team with a phasma?.

    Solo is good fodder because the damage they do to him gives the team more turns. If i coupled that with dooku and Daka high ability pumping to keep him and jin stunned. Then using a Ren to have a double counter combo and to stop healing. Then a Liea to pump up my crits and use her and ren to deal with FoTP before attacking.

    If that didn't work i would keep moving and trying again until i find the build. Then write it down for when i face that build again.

    Good thing you write it down...

    I sit here and fight Cyn and CloneAndreas every day. I 'counter' them with Poe, Poggle, and the best FTP attackers in game (rotate Luke/IG-86/Geo(soon)/IG-86/Lumi).

    I probably have the best FTP setup to defeat those teams. But FOTP is still the main problem. If he was alone he would be manageable. However with multiple assist callers beside him or with Phasma as lead his primary attack comes into play way too often. If I get lucky and can work him down it typically requires 3 of my attackers or an expose to be able to knock him out the first round. Any other attacker in the game is taken out with 2 attacks (it's a given that 1/2 will be crits with my crit-team makeup).

    Also worth noting, since you're no where near end-game yet, that every single team is beatable. However the teams on that screenshot are only beatable 1 in 3 times and require the AI to act like the AI does. I am fairly confident that they are able to beat my team 3/4 or 4/5 times.

    I am still pretty sure that FOTP's swapping of STR and AGI at 7* is a bug (as well as his rare triple-tap attack) but even with all of the talk about him I've never seen EA/CG comment on his abilities. There is no explanation from them why he diverges so much from the tank/atttack/support model that applies to every other character in the game.

    Indeed im sure if he is bugged when going from six to seven star then it needs fixing. I just hate seeing the forums flooded with Nerf threads. They have ruined games in the past and present.

    But if it is intended i hope to see people working out ways around this one. I know on my leaderboard people have trouble facing the team i just used.
  • Cyn wrote: »
    His STR stat when he goes from 6 stars to 7 stars gets a 3.3 multiplier bonus where he was primarily getting an AGI bonus the rest of his star levels.

    Well that could be the problem then. Typically what I see when I star up a character is one stat goes up by .7 one by 1, and the third by .6.

    SWGoH Cantina isn't cooperating with me right now, but if it is the case that ONE STAT goes up by 3.3, that is clearly a bug. It is more than all the stats combined go up for me when I star up a character. Just got in. It appears that his STR goes up but his AGI is supposed to drop by 1.8 to compensate. Has anyone verified that his AGI does actually drop (by looking before and after the promotion)?

    That is pretty messed up since his passive gives him +12.5 crit chance so dropping his AGI doesn't really matter as much as raising the STR.
  • Why does FOTP and Poe, etc. have to be judged and balanced as this really specific group as if they come together. What the OP is showing is that in general, these heroes are not broken...on their own. That team he's facing is very advanced and high level in terms of damage and speed - sure it doesn't have Poe so it's not THE best...but why are we holding everything to the best outcome and then dismissing everything else? This is an incredibly tight criteria here to balance to and it doesn't impact the majority of the player base.

    The OP took a bunch of F2P farmable toons, including one - Ahsoka - that is noted as being pretty terrible - Dooku who most have given up for dead, Kylo who gets no love here...and defeated 2 chrono type toons (FOTP and Leia) that have been lauded as so broke. Jinn, GS, and Sid are key components of the speed / Poe teams as well and have gotten their share of "OP" complaints. So the team he's facing here is incredibly deadly...especially relative to the majority of combinations possible in the game. Should the fact that it's missing Poe invalidate his point about FOTP or Jinn / Leia? Despite not being the best, that's a very impressive win. Doesn't this actually suggest that these characters are fine...and that at most the issue is Poe and his meter gain...not FOTP, Leia, Jinn, GS, etc.?

    The fact that his opponent is not maxed isn't of critical importance because the OP's team is undeveloped as well and he's still at a relative disadvantage. At best they are similarly developed, but unlikely if he has a 4k power differential. If the response to that is well you can't balance at something less than max....I'd than say to you that 70 isn't max end game either...they are both just points on the way to the end of a journey.

    This also gets to the point that the Poe issue is a problem with a small fraction of the total player base that has to face the elite #1 level team compositions. CG is going to be adjusting quite often if they are continually balancing to that level. That brings complaints, compensations, pulls resources...it's just not worth it in such an immature game.

    FOTP should have his bugs fixed...the health bug at 7* and the triple hit, sure - - but fix those and he's fine. These Poe teams may have counters in 7-10 days. There are a few builds under construction that may offer some better competition.
  • Cyn wrote: »
    His STR stat when he goes from 6 stars to 7 stars gets a 3.3 multiplier bonus where he was primarily getting an AGI bonus the rest of his star levels.

    Well that could be the problem then. Typically what I see when I star up a character is one stat goes up by .7 one by 1, and the third by .6.

    SWGoH Cantina isn't cooperating with me right now, but if it is the case that ONE STAT goes up by 3.3, that is clearly a bug. It is more than all the stats combined go up for me when I star up a character. Just got in. It appears that his STR goes up but his AGI is supposed to drop by 1.8 to compensate. Has anyone verified that his AGI does actually drop (by looking before and after the promotion)?

    That is pretty messed up since his passive gives him +12.5 crit chance so dropping his AGI doesn't really matter as much as raising the STR.

    Yes i wonder if it does though i dont think the drop in AGI would change much for him. Unfortunately the team i have beaten is here is not good enough to show. So i will try it again when i find a harder FOTP team.
  • Why does FOTP and Poe, etc. have to be judged and balanced as this really specific group as if they come together. What the OP is showing is that in general, these heroes are not broken...on their own. That team he's facing is very advanced and high level in terms of damage and speed - sure it doesn't have Poe so it's not THE best...but why are we holding everything to the best outcome and then dismissing everything else? This is an incredibly tight criteria here to balance to and it doesn't impact the majority of the player base.

    The OP took a bunch of F2P farmable toons, including one - Ahsoka - that is noted as being pretty terrible - Dooku who most have given up for dead, Kylo who gets no love here...and defeated 2 chrono type toons (FOTP and Leia) that have been lauded as so broke. Jinn, GS, and Sid are key components of the speed / Poe teams as well and have gotten their share of "OP" complaints. So the team he's facing here is incredibly deadly...especially relative to the majority of combinations possible in the game. Should the fact that it's missing Poe invalidate his point about FOTP or Jinn / Leia? Despite not being the best, that's a very impressive win. Doesn't this actually suggest that these characters are fine...and that at most the issue is Poe and his meter gain...not FOTP, Leia, Jinn, GS, etc.?

    The fact that his opponent is not maxed isn't of critical importance because the OP's team is undeveloped as well and he's still at a relative disadvantage. At best they are similarly developed, but unlikely if he has a 4k power differential. If the response to that is well you can't balance at something less than max....I'd than say to you that 70 isn't max end game either...they are both just points on the way to the end of a journey.

    This also gets to the point that the Poe issue is a problem with a small fraction of the total player base that has to face the elite #1 level team compositions. CG is going to be adjusting quite often if they are continually balancing to that level. That brings complaints, compensations, pulls resources...it's just not worth it in such an immature game.

    FOTP should have his bugs fixed...the health bug at 7* and the triple hit, sure - - but fix those and he's fine. These Poe teams may have counters in 7-10 days. There are a few builds under construction that may offer some better competition.
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Brillant post bud, i will add this to the main post and yes my team was a F2P team. It was also under leveled, starred and 4k power under this target. I just want people to chill out on all these nerf threads because there will always be ( top teams). As i said above if he is bugged sure fix him but they can be countered.


    I think it is pretty much shown in this post but alot of people still don't think it is good enough.


    So i will try even higher and have a larger disadvantage....
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    I promise you there are ways to stop him , have you tried a stun combo team with a phasma?.
    Funny you should ask, because this is what I run in PvP. But stunners do not do high damage, and there's no guarantee that they stick. Also, FOTP isn't there by himself, and usually protected by a taunter. And these days, that is Poe. Who often goes first. By the time you get to him and get rid of his busted HP total, he's killed half your team, and you've already lost.
    The one constant in this thread: you haven't actually played against the truly busted teams with these busted characters, which is why you think there isn't a problem.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Qeltar wrote: »
    I promise you there are ways to stop him , have you tried a stun combo team with a phasma?.
    Funny you should ask, because this is what I run in PvP. But stunners do not do high damage, and there's no guarantee that they stick. Also, FOTP isn't there by himself, and usually protected by a taunter. And these days, that is Poe. Who often goes first. By the time you get to him and get rid of his busted HP total, he's killed half your team, and you've already lost.
    The one constant in this thread: you haven't actually played against the truly busted teams with these busted characters, which is why you think there isn't a problem.

    I will work hard to level up and verse these busted teams. But until then all i can do is handicap the heck out of my self and try a team close to it.

    Edit: i cannot help build a counter team for you until i am at the level your having problems with and see these busted teams.
  • Maybe @EA_Jesse

    Can post here and clear up the matter of FOTP team building.
  • Pindasauskanon
    1803 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just here to facepalm.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    Here's what FOTP's health does as you go up each star level:

    2*: +900
    3*: +900
    4*: +900
    5*: +900
    6*: +800
    7*: +4,200

    Any of these numbers seem like they don't fit with the others?
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Just here to facepalm. You try to proof poe isnt OP by taking on a team with no Poe.

    I'm not talking about Poe..... I'm talking about teams in general. Finding counters is part of this game and if that team had poe i would of still wiped it. It may have taken time to adjust a team to match them.


    But fact is the FOTP team i faced was 4k power ahead and four levels ahead of me. Using a F2P team i was still able to take it down.

    Edit: most people wrote of Ashoka yet she was one of the main reasons i won it, see what i mean bud?.
  • I will work hard to level up and verse these busted teams. But until then all i can do is handicap the heck out of my self and try a team close to it.
    That's the problem with your method, though. You aren't fighting a "broken" team, you're fighting a team that happens to use a couple of the characters that are "broken" when used correctly. If they aren't used correctly they clearly won't be "broken" and you can't prove that they're fine the way they are. You're just proving that they aren't OP in every situation, which I doubt many are arguing is true.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    Here's what FOTP's health does as you go up each star level:

    2*: +900
    3*: +900
    4*: +900
    5*: +900
    6*: +800
    7*: +4,200

    Any of these numbers seem like they don't fit with the others?

    One of the blokes aboved said his AGI is nerfed (or meant to be) to balance the seven star.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    His offense goes down by 10 or 15%, which is really nothing since he's insanely strong to begin with, while his health goes up by 50%. That's not balanced.
    This is very clearly a bug and will almost certainly be fixed in the next update.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • garublador wrote: »
    I will work hard to level up and verse these busted teams. But until then all i can do is handicap the heck out of my self and try a team close to it.
    That's the problem with your method, though. You aren't fighting a "broken" team, you're fighting a team that happens to use a couple of the characters that are "broken" when used correctly. If they aren't used correctly they clearly won't be "broken" and you can't prove that they're fine the way they are. You're just proving that they aren't OP in every situation, which I doubt many are arguing is true.

    Well the person i versed and two others i know of in the top ten. They are racing to do this god like build so i should get to face it soon. Some people say you have to be 70 some say it is when FOTP and Jinn are seven starred.

    I will still find a way to counter it and i am looking foward to versing one with Poe.... i like a challenge.


    Won't be the first game i played where people have put forth a unbeatable build.... just makes it all the more fun to face them.
  • Qeltar wrote: »
    His offense goes down by 10 or 15%, which is really nothing since he's insanely strong to begin with, while his health goes up by 50%. That's not balanced.
    This is very clearly a bug and will almost certainly be fixed in the next update.

    Then i better level quickly :D
  • Updated the main to include Poe (see video from Dark).

  • Updated the main to include Poe (see video from Dark).

    I'm not sure what you're trying to show there. That is an awful Poe team as demonstrated by how horrible the AI runs it in the vid. JC and Lumi don't have any need for Poetection and there is no synergy on that team with Phasma as lead. It's probably doable on offense but its a terrible defensive team.

    I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there demonstrating the problems and anyone at the top of a mature server leaderboard experiences them daily.
  • Show a video of some one beating a 7 star and fully geared QGJ/FOTP/Poe/Poggle/Luminara team.
Sign In or Register to comment.