Replies

• Options
    SlyGambit wrote: »
    Updated the main to include Poe (see video from Dark).

I'm not sure what you're trying to show there. That is an awful Poe team as demonstrated by how horrible the AI runs it in the vid. JC and Lumi don't have any need for Poetection and there is no synergy on that team with Phasma as lead. It's probably doable on offense but its a terrible defensive team.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there demonstrating the problems and anyone at the top of a mature server leaderboard experiences them daily.

Seems there will be no end to this, can't win this fight can we?.

@EA_Jesse

If there are bugs with these ones then they deserve a fix.
    If they are working as they are meant to, i hope you guys will only think about very small adjustments and not complete nerfs.
  • Triqui
    2790 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Why does FOTP and Poe, etc. have to be judged and balanced as this really specific group as if they come together. What the OP is showing is that in general, these heroes are not broken...on their own. That team he's facing is very advanced and high level in terms of damage and speed - sure it doesn't have Poe so it's not THE best...but why are we holding everything to the best outcome and then dismissing everything else? This is an incredibly tight criteria here to balance to and it doesn't impact the majority of the player base.

The OP took a bunch of F2P farmable toons, including one - Ahsoka - that is noted as being pretty terrible - Dooku who most have given up for dead, Kylo who gets no love here...and defeated 2 chrono type toons (FOTP and Leia) that have been lauded as so broke. Jinn, GS, and Sid are key components of the speed / Poe teams as well and have gotten their share of "OP" complaints. So the team he's facing here is incredibly deadly...especially relative to the majority of combinations possible in the game. Should the fact that it's missing Poe invalidate his point about FOTP or Jinn / Leia? Despite not being the best, that's a very impressive win. Doesn't this actually suggest that these characters are fine...and that at most the issue is Poe and his meter gain...not FOTP, Leia, Jinn, GS, etc.?

The fact that his opponent is not maxed isn't of critical importance because the OP's team is undeveloped as well and he's still at a relative disadvantage. At best they are similarly developed, but unlikely if he has a 4k power differential. If the response to that is well you can't balance at something less than max....I'd than say to you that 70 isn't max end game either...they are both just points on the way to the end of a journey.

This also gets to the point that the Poe issue is a problem with a small fraction of the total player base that has to face the elite #1 level team compositions. CG is going to be adjusting quite often if they are continually balancing to that level. That brings complaints, compensations, pulls resources...it's just not worth it in such an immature game.

FOTP should have his bugs fixed...the health bug at 7* and the triple hit, sure - - but fix those and he's fine. These Poe teams may have counters in 7-10 days. There are a few builds under construction that may offer some better competition.
    @JohnnySteelAlpha
    Brillant post bud, i will add this to the main post and yes my team was a F2P team. It was also under leveled, starred and 4k power under this target. I just want people to chill out on all these nerf threads because there will always be ( top teams). As i said above if he is bugged sure fix him but they can be countered.

I think you don't understand that some of the proponents of those nerfs/changes ARE the guys with the top teams. People like @Naecabon who has every.single.toon.maxed are proposing nerfs to Poe.
    http://i.imgur.com/bUGDHUr.jpg

The problem is not "I can not compete vs Poe at max level". The problem is " everybody is going to Play Por, because he is just better than the rest of the options". The problem is not "I don't know how to win" or "p2w is too powerful!". Poe is f2p, Rey and FOTP are farmable too. Everybody can have Poe. The problem is everybody will have him. Diversity in tactics is important for the game, and currently end game seems to be " flip a coin and see which Poe go first "
  • Options

Here's an example of what people are talking about:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XV4sbzGTfno&feature=player_detailpage#t=1868

It starts around 31 minutes. He fights a well made FOTP/Poe/Poggle team. It's over in the first turn.
  • Dark
    199 posts Member
    Options
    pay2win wrote: »
    Show a video of some one beating a 7 star and fully geared QGJ/FOTP/Poe/Poggle/Luminara team.

As I posted before, I think FOTP's hp needs tweaking, the video shows a similar power rating match (22k).
    I beat QGJ/FOTP/Poe teams with this setup 40% of the time, again .. similar power rating.

I'm not sure what you're trying to show there. That is an awful Poe team as demonstrated by how horrible the AI runs it in the vid. JC and Lumi don't have any need for Poetection and there is no synergy on that team with Phasma as lead. It's probably doable on offense but its a terrible defensive team.

I'm sure there are plenty of videos out there demonstrating the problems and anyone at the top of a mature server leaderboard experiences them daily.

Exactly, synergy ... OP Characters win battles by themselves, in Poe's case he needs other chars to synergise (Leia, QGJ, GS, FOTP or any high damage dealer), people are calling for a Poe's nerf, the real problem is the speed, high damage dealer meta @Qeltar posted before the level cap update.
    Ally Code: 859-197-534
  • Options
    Top_Quark wrote: »

FOTP should have his bugs fixed...the health bug at 7* and the triple hit, sure - - but fix those and he's fine. These Poe teams may have counters in 7-10 days. There are a few builds under construction that may offer some better competition.

These 2 things make that world of difference. Perhaps when people are asking for a nerf, they mean this? Most of the time single hitting, squishy Fotp certainly isn't a threat on the level we are encountering daily right now.

Could be and it would matter a lot because he'd likely die one shot earlier, which is a huge difference. And the extra 3rd shot can get you killed, which again is also huge when it happens. He's strong enough with 2 hits. That's why I think ... just fix him and he'd be okay.
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

We have read all of your comments in this thread (and others) regarding Poe and FOTP. I can't say anything other than that for now, but know we're aware that it's a hot topic.

Thanks.
    Community Manager for Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes | Follow me on Twitter - Darokaz
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

We have read all of your comments in this thread (and others) regarding Poe and FOTP. I can't say anything other than that for now, but know we're aware that it's a hot topic.

Thanks.

Stop farming Poe, nerf coming :D

Just kidding.
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Thanks for the reply Jesse much appreciated. :)
  • Options
    Kaninchen wrote: »
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Just kidding.

Lol
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Thanks - it will be good to have clarity either way and move on from the topic. Would also be informative, if a nerf is coming, to see what the nerf approach and policy is after the Barriss situation. Barriss I think was really nerfed hard and prematurely given that healing was on its way out regardless in favor of these builds here...if FOTP and Poe are nerfed as heavily that would be pretty disappointing.
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Just kidding.

YAY! More refunds!
  • JohnnySteelAlpha
    2794 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

It starts around 31 minutes. He fights a well made FOTP/Poe/Poggle team. It's over in the first turn.

This actually shows to me that Poe is the issue more than FOTP by pulling forward OP abilities - in this case, the OP ability was Old Uncle Ben and throwing down that Dirty Rice....

FOTP got off his first two shots and did NOT one hit kill either opponent. If you listened to everyone talk about him doing so much damage you'd think he hit for 14k every turn. That's just not the case.
  • Options
    Ty for the info Jesse
  • Rogan_Ban84
    1415 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Im for fixing bugs but please do not nerf. It would make it very hard for me to invest in the game to have my hard work prized possession nerfed.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Thanks - it will be good to have clarity either way and move on from the topic. Would also be informative, if a nerf is coming, to see what the nerf approach and policy is after the Barriss situation. Barriss I think was really nerfed hard and prematurely given that healing was on its way out regardless in favor of these builds here...if FOTP and Poe are nerfed as heavily that would be pretty disappointing.

Indeed this is my worry here, nerfing is normally always taken waaaay to far. I had hoped to negate some of the nerf talk with this thread. But it has only proven that it is a losing battle.

Once i catch up to 70, i will do what i do best in other games. Giving my self the hardest challenge teams and handicapping my self in their favor. I will do this everytime i see a new spam of nerf threads. With any luck it will help stem the nerf talks dramatically. :disappointed:
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Just kidding.

YAY! More refunds!

How do you refund a free character?
  • Options
    Hey Everyone,

Thanks.

Im for fixing bugs but please do not nerf. It would make it very hard for me to invest in the game to have my hard work prized possession nerfed.

If a player is being used because of its bugs, maybe you should stay away from it until its fixed.
  • Mofojokers1992
    1975 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This actually shows to me that Poe is the issue more than FOTP by pulling forward OP abilities - in this case, the OP ability was Old Uncle Ben and throwing down that Dirty Rice....

FOTP got off his first two shots and did NOT one hit kill either opponent. If you listened to everyone talk about him doing so much damage you'd think he hit for 14k every turn. That's just not the case.

People tend to bend the numbers in their favor or in this case their argument.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options
    The people who were compensated for Barris got it due to the timing of the nerf almost immediately after their purchase of the toon pack; not simply because it was nerfed.
  • Options
    Telaan wrote: »
    The people who were compensated for Barris got it due to the timing of the nerf almost immediately after their purchase of the toon pack; not simply because it was nerfed.

Poor Barris over nerfed, let's hope such a heavy nerf is never done again.
  • Options
    Dark wrote: »
    Show a video of some one beating a 7 star and fully geared QGJ/FOTP/Poe/Poggle/Luminara team.

As I posted before, I think FOTP's hp needs tweaking, the video shows a similar power rating match (22k).
    I beat QGJ/FOTP/Poe teams with this setup 40% of the time, again .. similar power rating.

Exactly, synergy ... OP Characters win battles by themselves, in Poe's case he needs other chars to synergise (Leia, QGJ, GS, FOTP or any high damage dealer), people are calling for a Poe's nerf, the real problem is the speed, high damage dealer meta @Qeltar posted before the level cap update.

It's not really speed or high damage meta. There is a handful of characters that deal extrodinary amounts of damage. QGJ assist with 75% damage bonus. FOTP hits for 3 attacks and has huge HP. Put these two behind a fast tank with decent HP, self healing, expose, turn manipulation, and high tenacity and you start to have problems.
  • Options

I've beaten Naecabon's 70lvl team of QGJ, Geo, FOTP, Sid and Poe (all 7* and the toughest team at that moment) with my 62lvl team of 4* geo, 5* Poe, 5*Poggle, 7*ig-86 and 7*Sid (all FtP)!
    But it happens only if my Poe goes 1st)
  • Options
    Eradicated wrote: »

I've beaten Naecabon's 70lvl team of QGJ, Geo, FOTP, Sid and Poe (all 7* and the toughest team at that moment) with my 62lvl team of 4* geo, 5* Poe, 5*Poggle, 7*ig-86 and 7*Sid (all FtP)!

There are always ways i could see your team maxed vs that again would be good.
  • Options

Impressive if true, but I find that hard to believe. Not calling you a liar, but RNG must have heavily favored you in that one match for you to win.
  • Options
    Wow this is getting obsessive.. Anyway TLDR but where is the vid debunking FotP I came to see. Instead I see a vid of a cookie cutter team with a Poe (completely random stuff)..
    Those screens are nice and all but it probably got stated before, not a maxed out Poe.
    I see experienced maxed out players asking for this rebalance and a bunch of new guys claiming it's not legit because a random low lvl Poe is easy to win from.

On my server Poe, Leia, Fotp, Qgj, phasma is auto loss with OP's build. It's just a matter of days before people experience it themselves who are defending this nonsense.
    439-259-888 I have a bad habit of editing my typo's after posting
  • Options

shortsighted. . .

LV 78: heal adds 2 turns defence up
    LV 66: + 15% healchance on basic atk
    LV 76: +15% damage basic atk
    LV 82: +15% auto-dispel chance

bariss becomes very strong again soon enough, check out how some other heroes evolve (+5%,+5%,...)

poe is broken, everyone knows it and im tired of arguin aganist iphone users. . . .
  • Options
    Schmozart wrote: »

shortsighted. . .

LV 78: heal adds 2 turns defence up
    LV 66: + 15% healchance on basic atk
    LV 76: +15% damage basic atk
    LV 82: +15% auto-dispel chance

bariss becomes very strong again soon enough, check out how some other heroes evolve (+5%,+5%,...)

poe is broken, everyone knows it and im tired of arguin aganist iphone users. . . .

To be honest, most iPhone users probably quit when they thought they got the short end of the Phasma/Poe hand out.
  • Options

That's highly unlikely, especially when Naecabon doesn't even notice your IGN, please stop false claims.
  • Options
    The video vs a Poe Team.
    12 seconds into the fight before you even got to take a turn, majority of your team was below half health. If the team had a Dooku, Leia, Rey, or GS. One of your characters would of easily been dead. If Your Lumi had been killed, ability blocked, or stunned. The outcome would of been drastically different.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    Options

b1c017b071625a0e206114b5362d40fb6a851ed450bad90bde99aba3cadd2fcf.jpg