Which commander will you choose?

Prev13
Just curious... Which Fleet Commander will you go for?

Admiral Ackbar
Grand Moff Tarkin
Mace Windu

Replies

• Options
    I'm personally hoping they release some info on additional commanders......because right now I have 0 of those and I'd like to not change my current toon farming routine.
  • Options
    most likely Ackbar because he's the only one I have unlocked and 7starred
  • Options
    I have 7* Mace and Ackbar (although both still need some gearing and modding) and Tarkin is next on my Arena farming list so I will wait for more clarifications but most likely Ackbar...can't really imagine Mace as a fleet commander :)
  • Options
    Ackbar... I already have him purpled geared, low lvl though... But i'll farm him faster
  • ShewardN
    515 posts Member
    edited October 2016
    Options
    Have none and so today I decided to go for Tarkin. Already started the farm and hope I can get him ready in time. Went for Tarkin as I generally love his character so much more and having an extra Empire character will be handy.
    Team Steroid Council Member - "A wise leader knows when to follow"
  • Options
    Relax, you can easily farm him before August
  • Poxx
    2288 posts Member
    Options
    The post discusses Fleet Comanders giving buffs or inflicting debuffs. Buffs r more LS oriented and debuffs r more DS oriented. LS gets 2 commanders and DS gets 1 to start.
    When it comes to pilots...Biggs, Wedge and Res Pilot for LS, FOTP and TFP for DS. I see a potential disparity already. Fewer commanders, fewer pilots, debuffs can be resisted, buffs cant.

I'll definitely be looking at LS 1st.
  • Options
    DronGarath wrote: »
    Just curious... Which Fleet Commander will you go for?

Admiral Ackbar
    Grand Moff Tarkin
    Mace Windu

I'll probably wait for the ships to actually be released, then see what the attribute s of the commanders are in relation to the ships and pick the best one.
  • Options
    Both Snackbar and Tarkin
  • Options
    I've already got Ackbar and Mace. I haven't started Tarkin yet, guess I'll have to move onto him once I finish Nebbit.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »
    The post discusses Fleet Comanders giving buffs or inflicting debuffs. Buffs r more LS oriented and debuffs r more DS oriented. LS gets 2 commanders and DS gets 1 to start.
    When it comes to pilots...Biggs, Wedge and Res Pilot for LS, FOTP and TFP for DS. I see a potential disparity already. Fewer commanders, fewer pilots, debuffs can be resisted, buffs cant.

Well it depends on how specific they get - JKA, Kenobi, Ahsoka, Plo Koon, Lando, Han, Chewy, Vader, Cad Bane, Poe, Boba Fett are all characters which we've seen participate in space battles in movies/animation and they were all very good at it so they could also count as pilots
  • Options
    Poxx wrote: »

Remember they're fleet commanders rather than pilots. We'll have to see if they really stick to what a fleet commander is or just chuck in any pilot as that role. So far all the characters they've released are actually fleet commanders (Mace Windu did command fleets). It'll be interesting to see.
  • Atlas1
    1713 posts Member
    Options
    Obisaurus wrote: »
    most likely Ackbar because he's the only one I have unlocked and 7starred

This.
  • Options
    Remember that we don't know if the character's star level will actually impact anything and that if simply having the fleet characters unlocked is all we need. Still a lot of information to receive! :)
  • Options
    Thrown incoming to balance DS/LS? Who else could potentially be a DS commander? Surely Vader/GG could count...
  • Options
    Thrown incoming to balance DS/LS? Who else could potentially be a DS commander? Surely Vader/GG could count...
    I'd love Thrawn to be in the game. He'd definitely be a great fleet commander too. And yes, Vader and GG would both sense as fleet commanders. DS don't have many options for straight fleet commanders. If we see pilots taking the fleet commander role then there will be more options, but it wouldn't exactly make sense.
  • Options
    I already have Mace maxed and I Need 80 shards to 7* Ackbar. I have 15k arena tokens so it's only a matter of time.
  • Options
    Olddumper wrote: »
    I already have Mace maxed and I Need 80 shards to 7* Ackbar. I have 15k arena tokens so it's only a matter of time.
    Or crystals hehe ;)
  • Options
    none of those 3. i really can't believe that many people are behind the whole ship idea in the first place.
  • Options
    holyjoe wrote: »
    none of those 3. i really can't believe that many people are behind the whole ship idea in the first place.
    Well, I'll have fun playing a whole new experience in SWGOH whilst you can continue playing half the game.
  • Options
    Since I have Tarkin at level 82, 7* and G10 I gotta go with my Grand Moff.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Options
    APX_919 wrote: »
    Since I have Tarkin at level 82, 7* and G10 I gotta go with my Grand Moff.
    Good stuff. Tarkin is the way to go ;)
  • Options
    I have Akbar and Tarkin both at G10 max stars. Soooo I think I'm set. Might unlock Mace just in case he is really good, but I doubt I will need him.
  • Options

Gunray could be too. Viceroy of the TF. Dooku could be one...would make about as much sense as Mace.
  • Options
    Ackbar for the win!!!
  • Options
    Guess I'd go for Ackbar just because he is the most lvld commander in my roster with 7*/G9/80/fully modded. Tarkin I have only farmed to 7*/G8 for that potency challenge and Mace is just ****.
  • Options

Gunray could be too. Viceroy of the TF. Dooku could be one...would make about as much sense as Mace.
    I suppose Dooku could be but it wouldn't make as much sense as Mace. Mace has actually commanded plenty of fleets, whilst I believe Dooku never did as he left it to his minions. General Grievous and Nute Gunray are both good options.
  • Options
    Why's there Mace Windu? I think there are Jedi Masters who commanded fleets more importantly
  • Options
    For me it's to soon to say who I'm gonna use. I guess they all have different bonuses/abilities and such.
    Rrraarrwhhgwwr - Chewbacca (The Empire Strikes Back)
  • Options
    Why's there Mace Windu? I think there are Jedi Masters who commanded fleets more importantly
    Probably to give people a better reason to get him. Plus it still makes sense, he's commanded multiple fleets over his time as a Jedi.