Game Update 11/21/2016 Comments and Questions ***MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    I'm enjoying the launch (heh) and am interested to see where things go from here. I do have one complaint though: generic ship names! There were some actual lore names mentioned in official releases and some of the ship feature code that got posted on reddit that aren't in the final version.

I know Plo was supposed to have Blade of Dorin, and I remember that a couple of rebels got switched to generics too, not sure who all besides that lost their real ship names but there were probably some. Please fix the names, for the sake of giant nerds like me!
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse
    Can we get a "pilots" tag please

If you look there already is one. Sort by crew member...

Didn't even notice that. Thanks.
  • chupacabra_pr
    128 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Thanks for nothing Dev's!

I certainly was worried about ships, and you proved me rights. Thanks for all the extras tho, to get us going! Can't even start to say how unimpressed I am. So unhappy. I felt like a kid in school, with a $100.00 bill, having to do everything all over again.

Thanks again! Not.
  • Options
    "Fleet Arena will not have the exact same leaderboards that Arena does. The players you face in Arena started playing the game at roughly the same time as you did, meaning there could be very large gaps in power. Fleet Arena leaderboards will be composed of the teams efforts to give players an even playing field."

The fleet shards should have been exactly the same as the normal arena shards.
    I know that it's even in the fact that we all started on ships at the same time but we have already learned that the crew members power level is more important than the ships power level.
    So it's not enough that we started on the ship thing at the same time it's more important when we started playing the game which is how the normal arena shard works.

Conclusion: Then the only "fair" way to do it would be if the two shards were the same!

It makes no sense that we have to fight people who started playing the game long before we did.
  • Options
    so when is everything going live?
  • Options
    Oh stop moaning! We have new game content just enjoy it! What were you expecting fully levelled and stared ships?
  • Options
    It would've been more fair to make them based on the power of your pilots/crew members, but they didn't want them to be entirely too even because then the whales would be with whales and the whales would complain.
  • Options
    Time playing is NOT better match-making than roster power..... Is that what you guys are implying?
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Dwinkelm
    772 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    Title says it all

• Options
    Just a quick note to give massive praise and a brilliant job the team have pulled this update off
  • Options
    Nobody yet but it's a really tough choice honestly.. So many good options here..
  • Options
    I'm enjoying it.
  • Options
    htid1987 wrote: »
    Oh stop moaning! We have new game content just enjoy it! What were you expecting fully levelled and stared ships?

No kidding
  • Options
    I'm saying that not everyone is a pilot and despite having spent a long time playing some players may not have invested in the pilots so time playing isn't the best way, but I don't think they did it the best way either. I think it shouldve been based on the power and gear of your pilots or crew members because many characters obviously aren't spacebound so encorporating the whole roster isn't a great idea.
  • Options
    People wanted new content, a new raid, new characters, grand PVP, etc. etc. and they've delivered each one.
    Meanwhile, down on the farm....
  • Options
    OP is probably playing through it right now.
    **Please tag me (@ShaolinPunk) if you need assistance.** My Collection. . My Poll.. Ally Code: 332-622-913 Discord: shaolin_punk#2107
  • Options
    I like it just fine.
  • Options
    They put out a great update. The animation is great, the play is fun. The kits on the ships are sweet and can really get your brain going for great combos. See I'm different I guess I was Whalish awhile then stopped after mods. I decided to go a bit back that way to show my love for the update and spent a few bucks and feel like a kid at Christmas who got a toy box full of toys.
  • Options
    There are lots of "ideas" we have from the outside, that don't translate into the mechanical functioning of the software. That's the first hurdle, and the one the devs are jumping over daily. The second hurdle is when our motives or perceived needs are injected into the idea, and that's not something they can get over. Think about it: "I want to win and get 1st in Arena every day, and they should only do things that help me get there." There is NO way I can seriously say that and expect them to do anything. In reality, I don't want them to anyway. Remember Game Genie? It was cool because we knew how hard it was to play without it. If you just plugged in a game and could beat it with a few presses of a button, it wouldn't be much of a game. I'm severely simplifying it, but most complaints in the forums stem from this single error in perspective. Sometimes we are our own biggest challenge, especially when it comes to competition.
  • Options
    Thanks for nothing Dev's!

I certainly was worried about ships, and you proved me rights. Thanks for all the extras tho, to get us going! Can't even start to say how unimpressed I am. So unhappy. I felt like a kid in school, with a $100.00 bill, having to do everything all over again.

Thanks again! Not.

QQ
  • Options
    @EA_Jesse Love the new update! Awesome job. Was wondering, (and haven't found any info on this) will ships ever have their own version of light side/dark side battles with their own energy? That reward enhance droids and shards. Or is it still too early to think about that? Thanks for the great work! :)
  • Mo_man78
    54 posts Member
    edited November 2016
    Options
    I don't need ships. Only thing good about the update was I got Mace and Ackbar. Stop over complicating a simple game even more. Want to make a lot of us happy? Fix that ridiculous tank raid! No money in that for you though. You'll make more money off of ships.
  • Options
    Move along, nothing to see here. Just step around the puddle of tears.
  • Options
    Thoughts???
  • Options
    Mo_man78 wrote: »
    I don't need ships. Only thing good about the update was I got Mace and Ackbar. Stop over complicating a simple game even more. Want to make a lot of us happy? Fix that ridiculous tank raid! No money in that for you though. You'll make more money off of ships.

The devs said they acknowledged our feedback and are working on it. Jeez. I'm not too happy about how the tank raid turned out, but creating another thread complaining about it isn't going to help.
  • RU486
    1686 posts Member
    Options
    Sexy Rexy
  • Options
    :)
  • Options
    LoL Dude Perfect!!!!!!
  • Options
    I love ships.
This discussion has been closed.