Next Content Update Preview - Part 1

Replies

• Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Their Base approach could be something like 16:1 rate--> 80 Extra 7* Character Shards equals to 5 Exclusive Character Shards ( Yoda? ;) )
    For example:
    • 1 Extra Character Shard trades-in for 100 "Coins"
    • 1600 "Coins" trades-in for 1 Shard of the Exclusive Character
    • Available via stacks of 5 for 8000 coins, equals to 80 Extra Character Shards
    The Shard shop will probably include the option to buy complete purple items and/or fractions of those for something like ~100 "Coins" = 1 PART of a Purple Item = ~5k "Coins" for the 50/50 items.
    Sorry Jesse if i spoiled anything ( Couldn't resist :p )
    Edit: After some recalculations: It might be something closer to 10:1
    Post edited by Darivon on
  • Options
    Whoa thats awesome! The forum people are happy again
  • Pilot
    470 posts Member
    Options
    Im interested in the exchange rate. 1:1, 3:1, 5:1, 10:1 other?
    "There is no 'try'." - Master Yoda
  • Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Naecabon I can't share further details at this time. Feel free to ask your questions over in the thread I just created though.

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your player base are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

I guess I'm just really having a hard time understanding the company policy you guys have adapted on information pertaining to your game. The Shard Shop is something a lot of your big spenders have been patiently waiting months for, and this isn't really a "preview" at all. This was just confirming what a different developer said weeks ago, in that this was "coming in the next update." We knew that already. This post didn't give us any new information we didn't already have.

Why the tight lips on stuff like this? Why wait until the last possible second when a patch is going live to ACTUALLY preview new content? Is it a concern a lot of us are going to be unhappy with it and you don't want to hear about it prior to launch? I have no idea why else you guys would be so so so adamant of keeping us in the dark as long as possible until the last second.

I honestly don't understand why EA is getting such a hard time for things like not wanting to reveal what the new update will have to offer. Don't be such a negative Nancy; there are plenty of good reasons they might want to keep it on the down low.

- They want players to actually explore what's in the game themselves, instead of having themselves hold your hand through everything the new update/patch/whatever has to offer.
    - They want to build suspense for it to attract more players. The more the merrier, am I right? I don't mind more allies and people to converse with on the forums.
    - They are still fine tuning some things, for the better, and don't want to lead their players on a wild goose chase.

Finally, I'd like to comment you seem rather displeased with how the game-makers are handling their own game. So, I inquire... why play if you get this lost/frustrated, or whatever emotion of discomfort you receive from their own policies? Why not find another game that suits your needs?

My apologies if I offend, however I heavily dislike the irony of players complaining about the game they play. They aren't forced to play, and the game-makers made the game, therefore they have the right to do as they please with it, not the complaining players.
  • Qeltar
    4326 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ...why?

Because:
    1. The more they say up front, the more locked in they are to what they "promised", and the more complaints they will get if they change anything at the last minute.
    2. The more they say up front, the more people make false assumptions and draw false conclusions about what the feature will look like. Then they have to spend time responding to and clarifying all the false claims and rumors flying around.
    3. Revealing more doesn't actually stop people from still just asking for "more more". Short of laying out the entire feature.. and for that, see #1.
    4. Marketing: they want to slowly build excitement for the big update.
    Disclaimer: Not saying I agree with all of these, just saying these are probably the reasons.
    Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.
  • Options
    Darivon wrote: »
    It could be something like 16:1 rate--> 80 Extra 7* Character Shards equals to 5 Exclusive Character Shards ( Yoda? ;) )
    For example:
    • 1 Extra Character Shard trades-in for 100 "Coins"
    • 1600 "Coins" trades-in for 1 Shard of the Exclusive Character
    • Available via stacks of 5 for 8000 coins, equals to 80 Extra Character Shards
    The Shard shop will probably include the option to buy complete purple items and/or fractions of those for something like ~100 "Coins" = 1 PART of a Purple Item = ~5k "Coins" for the 50/50 items.
    Sorry Jesse if i spoiled anything ( Couldn't resist :p )

That would be pretty good to have lol, i hope it isn't that high is numbers though.
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

That would be pretty good to have lol, i hope it isn't that high is numbers though.
    They could tone it down a bit. But 16:1 was/is probably their base approach.
    This exclusive Character is going to be really exclusive ;)
  • Options

They could tone it down a bit. But 16:1 was/is probably their base approach.
    This exclusive Character is going to be really exclusive ;)

I guess lol would much prefer to see it at 10:1 at least. Also different characters shards though some are worth more than others my Liea shards should be worth alot more than my ewok shards right?.
  • Options
    @Naecabon it's a preview, just like anything else that gives a preview. When you watch a trailer for a movie do you just want to know everything about it right that second? Why is Rey crying in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer? They should tell me now before I even go to see it!

Also, reacting like this may make us hesitant to share information before a release, so....

Movies aren't designed to have hundreds of dollars in microtransactions in the theater while I'm watching said movie.
  • Options
    I guess lol would much prefer to see it at 10:1 at least. Also different characters shards though some are worth more than others my Liea shards should be worth alot more than my ewok shards right?.
    Yeah no idea how they gonna handle the Ewok Scout Shard vs Old Ben Shard issue.
    It isn't all that bad tho. Since i assume that this "Exclusive Character" WILL DEFINITELY be worth the money/grind!
  • Options
    oh hell yes great news! I hope shards can be traded in for gears and mats as well, if its only for other character shards I hope the shop has lots of toons to pick from including new ones!
  • Options
    @Naecabon it's a preview, just like anything else that gives a preview. When you watch a trailer for a movie do you just want to know everything about it right that second? Why is Rey crying in the Star Wars: The Force Awakens trailer? They should tell me now before I even go to see it!

Also, reacting like this may make us hesitant to share information before a release, so....

Movies aren't designed to have hundreds of dollars in microtransactions in the theater while I'm watching said movie.

Lol, that is exactly what they do with the price of drinks and popcorn being what they are in theaters.
    If I see one more **** attacking a Jedi with a blaster pistol, then I'll kill them myself!
  • Options
    @Naecabon I can't share further details at this time. Feel free to ask your questions over in the thread I just created though.

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your player base are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

I guess I'm just really having a hard time understanding the company policy you guys have adapted on information pertaining to your game. The Shard Shop is something a lot of your big spenders have been patiently waiting months for, and this isn't really a "preview" at all. This was just confirming what a different developer said weeks ago, in that this was "coming in the next update." We knew that already. This post didn't give us any new information we didn't already have.

Why the tight lips on stuff like this? Why wait until the last possible second when a patch is going live to ACTUALLY preview new content? Is it a concern a lot of us are going to be unhappy with it and you don't want to hear about it prior to launch? I have no idea why else you guys would be so so so adamant of keeping us in the dark as long as possible until the last second.

I honestly don't understand why EA is getting such a hard time for things like not wanting to reveal what the new update will have to offer. Don't be such a negative Nancy; there are plenty of good reasons they might want to keep it on the down low.

- They want players to actually explore what's in the game themselves, instead of having themselves hold your hand through everything the new update/patch/whatever has to offer.
    - They want to build suspense for it to attract more players. The more the merrier, am I right? I don't mind more allies and people to converse with on the forums.
    - They are still fine tuning some things, for the better, and don't want to lead their players on a wild goose chase.

Finally, I'd like to comment you seem rather displeased with how the game-makers are handling their own game. So, I inquire... why play if you get this lost/frustrated, or whatever emotion of discomfort you receive from their own policies? Why not find another game that suits your needs?

My apologies if I offend, however I heavily dislike the irony of players complaining about the game they play. They aren't forced to play, and the game-makers made the game, therefore they have the right to do as they please with it, not the complaining players.

Because I enjoy the game. I'm not complaining about the game in any way. I'm complaining about how information regarding to the game is handled.

Any other feature coming in the game I could not care less about. Ships? Future characters? Balance updates? ANYTHING else, sure I'll wait. I'll wait months. I don't care. None of that matters nearly as much as this thing. This one thing.

The Shard Shop was the red flag from day one of buying in to this game. I'm a big spender, there are others like me out there, and we're very upset with spending money in a game that provides us with "nothing" as a reward. Opening a pack and getting surplus shards ****. It forced us to stop buying packs for a game we enjoyed.

Finding out information how the Shard Shop works allows us to make better informed decisions based on how we play the game and the amounts we spend in the game. Right now, I can't justify spending more than zero dollars because we still have absolutely no idea what to expect with the Shard Shop. That's not going to change until we see it in more detail. You can't go lower than zero dollars right now.

if EA_Jesse had said anything regarding the Shard Shop having more than just character shards available for purchase in the shop, I would have never posted a thing and would have been 100% content. But the fact we got absolutely no new information whatsoever on what a lot of us spenders consider to be one of the largest hindering complaints we currently have in the IAP model of the game is reason enough to ask for more.
  • Options
    Yeah no idea how they gonna handle the Ewok Scout Shard vs Old Ben Shard issue.
    It isn't all that bad tho. Since i assume that this "Exclusive Character" WILL DEFINITELY be worth the money/grind!

I reckon it will be worth it but the Ewok Scout Shard vs Old Ben Shard issue worries me, might ask in Q/A.
  • Options
    anything over 2:1 would be a mistake and quite frankly disgusting

that is, if they make it so shards obtained from shipments can't be exchanged
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I reckon it will be worth it but the Ewok Scout Shard vs Old Ben Shard issue worries me, might ask in Q/A.
    Yeah i forgot there are a lot more Stars in this game. Edited my initial post to something closer to 10:1. Didn't mean to scare anyone! ;)
  • Options
    Elyndria wrote: »

They could not implement it at all.
  • Options
    pay2win wrote: »

sure they could, make shards obtainable from characters you already have maxed unbuyable from shipments. it can't be that difficult.
  • Options

sure they could, make shards obtainable from characters you already have maxed unbuyable from shipments. it can't be that difficult.

I meant the whole shard exchange.
  • Options

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your playerbase are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

etc. rant

I can't believe this is a real question. How have you lasted this long on the internet? Have you never played an online game before?
  • Options
    It's interesting the whales are worried this isn't what they want. Have some mercy for those of us without hundreds to spend. Lol. And 16 to 1 ratio on shards is horrible. I hope it's better than that or it is basically just for the whales to use.

That being said, give them a chance before you start nit picking.
  • Options
    It's interesting the whales are worried this isn't what they want. Have some mercy for those of us without hundreds to spend. Lol. And 16 to 1 ratio on shards is horrible. I hope it's better than that or it is basically just for the whales to use.

10:1?
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    it is basically just for the whales to use.
    This is probably the idea.
    This "Exclusive Character" will distinguish the Elephants from the Deers/Rabbits out there.
    And will be an enormous grind for everyone else.
  • Options
    Yay the small spenders and f2p players will have no chance now :)

Have you seen the images of people with like 1k leia shards? We're boned.
  • Options
    Yoda or Luke the farmer becomes a Jedi?

lol trade in your extra farmer luke shards to unlock rebel luke, then trade in your extra rebel luke shards to unlock jedi luke. oh man that would suck lol.
  • Options

I can't imagine the shard rate being actually good but it would still be perfect for whales. Whales already have plenty of 7*s (assuming this will even be restricted to only shards from characters 7*) from whatever investment it took to get their guys..They can easily farm this shard shop with more chromium pulls, they would get 15 (?) shards per pull or so and I guess 50? from having a 7* pull. They would still be incredibly well off, sure they have to spend money, but since when is that a problem, at least this way after they pull, they can actually buy who they want from shard shop, instead of even more RNG
  • Darivon
    134 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yay the small spenders and f2p players will have no chance now :)

Have you seen the images of people with like 1k leia shards? We're boned.
    Hehe Yeah i know what you mean
    Do not fret tho!
    You WILL get the chance to see this Character, live in action! .. When he single-handedly wipes your team! ;)
    Those will truly be the awe inspiring moments of your SWGoH time!
  • Options
    Yay
  • Options
    Nerf the new exclusive character!
  • reizse
    1447 posts Member
    Options
    Nerf the new exclusive character!

LOL. the sad part is...this is probably going to happen with the mentality of this forum's community
    mighty chlorians