Next Content Update Preview - Part 1

Replies

• Options
    Naecabon wrote: »
    pay2win wrote: »
    Who is we?

Many members in Team Instinct have expressed their views on what would be best and this final build on our dream scenario shop was the result of all of those views.

Team Instinct throwing their weight around already.
  • Options
    I think this is plenty of information. If you give too much info you end up with things like people saving all their energy for a month so they can hit lvl 70 in a day.
  • Options
    Cool theory. I wouldn't spend too much time on it because they are going to do something with it already so time will tell. I just sense that if it isn't exactly this way you will be dissapointed which is just funny. You don't dictate them, they could have actually done nothing and it would be fair because you are the one who kept buying packs when you know extra shards may come out of it.. so I see what they are doing as generous to those who frivolously spent, which is good, but I still feel like there is a big lack of appreciation, when it seems they are already going out of there way to provide you with this preview and you are like 'make it this way or we will all be dissapointed, and I'm mad you arent telling me details'

Man, you're REALLY out to get anyone that spends money on this game, aren't you? You're making all these posts insinuating that we're the nasty bad people in the room, when the reality is you really need to take a step back and see your own posts for what they are - venom-infused personal attacks with no merit.
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You guys remind me of a bunch of hooligans in a soccer club trying to run business and forcing ideas on the employees. It's kind of sad really.

I love posts like this. Completely devoid of purpose, offers no constructive criticism to an idea made for fun, exists purely to discredit and defame.
    Team Instinct throwing their weight around already.

And posts like this too. Asks who my team is purely so he can make this post. Doesn't actually care to comment on the ideas or discuss things in a civil manner, just makes effort to post something bashing Team Instinct because, well, obviously.

Did the post about the "idea of what we hope the shard store accomplishes" include things that were meant to upset someone? Sorry if I missed where I included personal attacks and attempts at swaying the developers in any way. I listed a clear cut idea of what we had dreamed up this store to some day be, to spark conversation in a positive way. If they read that post and say "We hate all of these ideas and we have no intentions of changing our plan," then great! If they read that post and say "Hey, that's actually a neat idea, how hard would it be to include that?" then great! Who cares either way! It didn't hurt anyone to post it and it's just us talking in a thread and sharing ideas. Why do you guys have to be so acidic, all of the time?

@Anubis gets it. Good post man. This part:
    Probably not exactly like this. I agree that there will be a sell menu (see my above post) but I doubt the different shards will be sold for different price, they will probably be 400 "PC" tokens each like in the other three shard shipments. It is possible that harder-to-obtain shards can be traded for more "PC" tokens, but I doubt it. You have to remember that none of the current "rarities" are set in stone and that characters will be moved in and out of shipments as well as previously chromium-only characters being replaced by newer ones. It doesn't make sense to trade a Leia shard for 400 "PC" tokens today and then for 50 "PC" tokens next month in the hypothetical situation that she is added to GW shipments or a cantina node.

This is a tricky part of it. We've talked a lot about this. How do you dictate value when the value can move around? How do you associate a common/uncommon/rare PC equivalent when things can change?

I agree, it's probably impossible. Like I said, this was just an idea, and the practicality of all of it's ideas are certainly not perfect. The problem with this is it works both ways, and what will inevitably happen is that a) the list of characters available for purchase will be static and decided on with specific purpose (it will only include one or two chromium exclusives selected as the weak links, more than likely) and b) the idea of rarity will become even more skewed, with certain characters become more and more prevalent over the course of a shard wave duration. Think seeing Sid as leader 80% of the time is bad? Wait until full 5 man comps get to 95% mirror match, etc... it's my only fear with this system.
    I mentioned MKIII Ability Mats in my previous post as something they are likely to add to the shop, but I would be remiss if I didn't point out that allowing the purchase of any gear item is absurd. A random selection of 3-5 gear items like in the normal shipments would be fine, but I think it would be smarter to only offer training droids and ability mats in this store (in addition to the rotating selection of character shards, obviously).

However this is where we can agree to disagree. The Shipments store already contains gear at the cost of just gold, so where's the harm in higher end gear for a higher end cost? The precedent has already been set for gear to be available for purchase, and it hasn't caused any huge upsets yet. I guess I'm just not sure I understand why gear available in Shipments is fine, but gear available in a premium shop is not? Where does the difference here lie?
  • Options
    @Naecabon

That wasn't bashing Team Instinct. I'm trying to bring some sort of transparency to large alliance campaigning for changes that might benefit them.
  • Options
    @Naecabon

That wasn't bashing Team Instinct. I'm trying to bring some sort of transparency to large alliance campaigning for changes that might benefit them.

I'm all ears as to how our for fun design of a system that benefits everyone, from F2P to the top P2P players, is a campaign for change specifically for us.

Maybe we just like the game and want to see it succeed?
  • Options
    I certainly hope this new exclusive character is well balanced and isn't an overpowered "end all" character. I could care less if its Yoda, Luke without a hand, or C3PO in a backpack...the key to this game and any RPG is balance. P2W already has the ability to try synergies, different comps, and most characters out there...ie, experience content. Low P2P and F2P can only use a small amount of heroes available to them and throwing in a blatantly overpowered hero that caters to big spenders would be a mistake...heck, even above average spenders don't get to experience that much.

Believe me the big spenders will get their "oohhs and aaahhs" having one of the only yodas and bragging and showing him off...it would be disastrous making said character an over powered beast. I actually feel GOOD right now the somewhat balance of characters that are available to everyone. Let P2P have endless possibilities for teams and heroes, just keep the balance in check...
  • Options
    Cool theory. I wouldn't spend too much time on it because they are going to do something with it already so time will tell. I just sense that if it isn't exactly this way you will be dissapointed which is just funny. You don't dictate them, they could have actually done nothing and it would be fair because you are the one who kept buying packs when you know extra shards may come out of it.. so I see what they are doing as generous to those who frivolously spent, which is good, but I still feel like there is a big lack of appreciation, when it seems they are already going out of there way to provide you with this preview and you are like 'make it this way or we will all be dissapointed, and I'm mad you arent telling me details'

Man, you're REALLY out to get anyone that spends money on this game, aren't you? You're making all these posts insinuating that we're the nasty bad people in the room, when the reality is you really need to take a step back and see your own posts for what they are - venom-infused personal attacks with no merit.

Not really against p2p, ive spent a few bucks and maybe will get a character pack if someone cools comes out. I enjoy farming characters that are already out and beating teams that I see people paid for, not out of spite, I just find it somewhat silly people put in a small fortune into a game. If you have disposable income, that's cool if your having fun, but it seems a bit like a hoarding/bragging contest for some of you, and tbh when dealing with 1000s of dollars it could actually be used for either a good cause, or an investment maybe into something with return capital like a business? Idk man I grew up a bit poor and have had to work really hard to get out of that scene so I cant imagine spending like that unless some return is promised. I have more money I could spend on a game, but I realize there are plenty of video games that can entertain me while I take the patient route and avoid the vip spender style. But that's just me and I don't judge, if you have the money and want to have fun w it, more power to you. But P
    posting screenshots of 1000s of extra shards in braggadocio style and then spewing about how ea sucks because they don't cant be used... then when they cater to you and give you something to do with them it's more attacks? It just seems you feel overly possessive, like them not listening to you is a huge deal..

Trust me this forum is full of whiners, p2p and f2p alike, I am just seeing your actions as childish when you say things like 'why don't you release details it's stupid etc' so im not dissing you, I'm calling you out for attacking the developer, and your demeanor thus far.
    You can spend if you want, I don't disencourage that. But don't think its like investment shares lol, you are like any other gamer giving feedback and you shouldn't expect more pull than others. Be happy that the original request was taken into consideration and implemented, but don't be suprised if they do it their own way.
  • pay2win
    624 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options
    @Naecabon

I'm all ears as to how our for fun design of a system that benefits everyone, from F2P to the top P2P players, is a campaign for change specifically for us.

Team Instincts design is the only way this game succeeds?
  • Naecabon
    1243 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Trust me this forum is full of whiners, p2p and f2p alike, I am just seeing your actions as childish when you say things like 'why don't you release details it's stupid etc' so im not dissing you, I'm calling you out for attacking the developer, and your demeanor thus far.

Oh yeah no I won't back down from the notion of the lack of information released as being stupid. @TweetTromp summed that up better than I could earlier, though. I don't feel like I'm a special snowflake in a position to demand anything, I'm just also not going to sit idle and do nothing when we all have a voice.

• Options
    Will the update have multiple new characters or just the one in the shard shop?
  • Options
    @Naecabon

You're reeeeeally reaching with this, bud. Just let it go.
  • Options
    Where is this ridiculous notion even coming from? Why are so many people echoing this absolutely insane sentiment? Have you seriously never played even as much as a Blizzard game before? There's a perfectly fine, very mainstream example of a company that gives patch notes and full content previews months, sometimes YEARS in advance... so what exactly are we even talking about here? What parallel universe are we living in where gaming companies are supposed to keep all upcoming content and changes secret until the last minute?

Elyndria hit the nail on the head earlier by saying they simply could have avoided this entirely by not allowing us to open packs with "duds" in the first place. It's not catering to whales when you're actually FIXING something that's cutting them at the knees with their purchases, and even then if this is only character shards offered in the Shard Shop it's not even catering to the whales regardless! It caters to f2p players waaaaay more if they can cash in Sid shards etc from various shipments and acquire different shards in the store.

Why do you think I was freaking out at the announcement? I'm a big spender that was waiting since my first week of playing months ago specifically for this update and it offered nothing that put my worries to ease at all, and only made them worse. Believe me, I've quickly realized I'm in the very small minority here and there's no point in arguing about it because the majority are not whales and the majority don't see our perspective, and we can't make comments that show any sort of disdain in the forums unless we're willing to endure the wrath of the whacists. If you disagree with something you're outed as a crazy person.

I can see why you are angry and you are right about getting labelled when you complain. Looking from my vantage being F2P, I don't like the cash grab here and whales in my opinion are not getting the return I would expect looking at the prices. There's a lot of anger here in the forum and it's not simply angry unhappy people.
  • Options
    @Naecabon

You're reeeeeally reaching with this, bud. Just let it go.

There is no reaching about it. Your teams god complex is noted by many people in this forum. Its no surprise that you snapped on a Dev for not providing the information you want to hear.
  • xJazzx
    808 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

Oh yeah no I won't back down from the notion of the lack of information released as being stupid. @TweetTromp summed that up better than I could earlier, though. I don't feel like I'm a special snowflake in a position to demand anything, I'm just also not going to sit idle and do nothing when we all have a voice.

The thing is that you can't really push any major changes if they don't hav3 the capacity to meet the needs that you brought up. This game seems to be developed and maintained by less than 10 people. And it seems like CG moves at very slow pace. I'm sure you have played other games and they have weekly or even daily events etc and this game feels more like a Beta with lots of bugs and weird things like duplicate shards, etc.
  • DarthLundgrenn
    68 posts Member
    edited January 2016
    Options

This is nuts though. Did you game in the 90's? You could never imagine getting details or even responses from the big names. I get this is an apples an oranges comparison, as gaming is different now , but it's relatively new that developers actually have full conversations with gamers. I think it's great, but there is always going to be a lot of voices saying a lot of things. I'm just pointing out that it's already a big deal that you were able to directly influence their next implementation, and they even let your know that it's happening. Any info further than that is either company policy to not be shared, or has good reason for not being shared yet! How do you not get that? They don't need to break form and conduct their business differently, it's coming and you'll see how it works when it does! If you simply would have left that post with all your suggestions I don't think anyone would have bashed you, that post is fine and maybe the devs do take some into consideration. It's your previous posts angrily speaking about the lack of information, but it's being worked on and it's not your right to always get every detail...
  • Options
    You guys can stop with the whole "blah blah blah we think you're entitled because you don't like what the devs do" posts, we're beyond that now. No one cares any more.

Anyhow, for fun, here's a breakdown of the "shard shop" idea we came up with over the last couple of months, in what we as a team hoped they'd implement. Basically, our hopes for the shop fall in to the category of "the closer to this it ends up being, the happier we'll be."

First, the idea of the Shard Shop (or Premium Shop as we called it) was that extra shards would not be traded straight up as shards. The first step is in the shop would be a "Sell Shards" button, similar to sell items, that would bring up a menu of all of your extra shards. You'd then scroll around and pick which ones to sell and that would be that.

Now, you wouldn't be selling them for credits - you'd be selling them for a new Premium currency. I'll call it PC for now. Here's the cool thing - this allows you to customize all shards and their prices based on their ease of access. For example, Squad Arena shipment shards could be X, Cantina Battle shards Y, Chromium exclusives Z and so on and so forth. Treating all shards as the same is bad for a marketplace as all shards are clearly not actually "equal" in value (based on time and cost to acquire) so this would honor that in an easy way.

Next, the shop itself would have multiple branches of things for sale.

a) the obvious character shards. Our idea was that, similar to how they had different sell prices when cashing in, different shards would have different values when listed for sale in the shop. So you could purchase basic hard mode or Cantina battle shards for one price, shipment shards for another, and even Chromium exclusive shards for a premium price. Now, the Chromium exclusives would be expensive, because it's allowing F2P players to now access a P2P exclusive (more or less) but either way, it still opens the door for it. F2P could use excess Sid shards to raise a bunch to turn them in to, say, QGJ shards... but the cost of the Sid shards would be low to sell and the cost of QGJ shards would be high to buy, so even though it EXISTS, it's not exactly easy to do. Still, breaking down the walls and opening up the ability for F2P to have access to things previously pay-only would be a big step, and honestly pretty cool.

Shards would function similar to the current Shipments store in that they would be on a 6hr timer, would reset to new characters, and the difference here would be that all characters in the game could be filtered in and out. It'd be a mixed bag each time out of the entire pool, and would not be limited like the Shipments section in not including other shipment exclusives or chromium exclusives.

Additionally, one could use PC to refresh the Shard Shop, and not just Crystals.

b) Gear! In addition to just character shards, gear would be available, again in a similar fashion to the Shipments store. The difference here again is that all gear would be available, and completed gear pieces could also be purchased for a premium price. Rather than 3x of one of the 0/50 high end crafts, one could purchase a COMPLETED 50/50 piece for a high price tag. This would be in addition to the regular lower end 3x or 5x (or even 10x) of other crafting materials, and would also be on a timer similar to Shipments and random.

What this does is give the people that already have 7* of pretty much every character something to actually spend extra shards on and not be blocked out of finding purchases in the store worth something to them. Gear is basically an infinite sink, and high spenders usually have more characters than they know what to do with... but end up spending all of their gear on the main characters they use in Squad/GW etc. because it's not really easy to gear offbeat toons. Having the ability to churn out some more gear would allow some of those toons we don't usually play to actually gear up. More gear is a great thing!

Also, you could throw in the highly sought after Ability Material MKIII in this shop.

c) Exclusives - As EA_Jesse mentioned, an "exclusive shop only character" is a cool idea. It's actually more than we'd ever thought they'd do, as it starts to draw that line in the sand of P2P having access to characters F2P can't easily get, and if the character is too powerful everyone loses their mind. Still, if it's a shard-turned-currency based thing, I guess everyone could have a chance of getting them, so maybe it's not so bad.

Either way, our idea was to include some cool, prestigious aesthetics that wouldn't break the game in any way. Things that whales could flaunt for fun and people could see and say "Yep, that guy's a **** that spent a small fortune" but wouldn't actually be providing bonuses in combat that imbalanced the game. Maybe a gold plated IG-88 skin, for example? Maybe a different outfit for popular character that changed some color schemes or attack animations. Maybe a completely different character that's actually just a carbon copy of an existing character, that functions as if you're playing that character for all intents and purposes but is visually different, IE: having Jango Fett as a premium exclusive with exact skills as Boba Fett, but only having one usable at a time? The possibilities for premium aesthetics are endless, and stuff like skins are always very popular in other games. Additionally, not all of these would have to be super expensive - some could be relatively cheap, giving F2P players a shot at purchasing them as well!

Anyhow.... this was our idea for the shop, and we're just crossing our fingers that EA/CG develops something similar with a variety of options for purchasing, that also doesn't completely dismiss the complex system of shards and their varied difficulty of acquisition. Our fear is the shop won't offer enough for players of all levels and some will get locked out for it being too exclusive, and some will get disenchanted with it because it doesn't offer enough. We think our idea covers all the bases.

We're very interested to see what they come up with and we hope it's as layered and neat as possible!

That's an awesome vision, let's hope they take note of it and not push out what they talked about, which is a pretty useless area for most players,even you it seems which speaks volumes...
  • Options

This is nuts though. Did you game in the 90's? You could never imagine getting details or even responses from the big names. I get this is an apples an oranges comparison, as gaming is different now , but it's relatively new that developers actually have full conversations with gamers. I think it's great, but there is always going to be a lot of voices saying a lot of things. I'm just pointing out that it's already a big deal that you were able to directly influence their next implementation, and they even let your know that it's happening. Any info further than that is either company policy to not be shared, or has good reason for not being shared yet! How do you not get that? They don't need to break form and conduct their business differently, it's coming and you'll see how it works when it does! If you simply would have left that post with all your suggestions I don't think anyone would have bashed you, that post is fine and maybe the devs do take some into consideration. It's your previous posts angrily speaking about the lack of information, but it's being worked on and it's not your right to always get every detail...

Again, I'm not going to bother echoing what @TweetTromp wrote earlier, but I would just as soon copy/paste his post as a reply to this as his post answers this pretty firmly.

The TLDR is, gaming is at a place where communication is key, plenty of other companies do it, and it's frustrating when these guys do not.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

The thing is that you can't really push any major changes if they don't hav3 the capacity to meet the needs that you brought up. This game seems to be developed and maintained by less than 10 people. And it seems like CG moves at very slow pace. I'm sure you have played other games and they have weekly or even daily events etc and this game feels more like a Beta with lots of bugs and weird things like duplicate shards, etc.

I don't want to "push" anything. I could care less. I posted our ideas for FUN, AGAIN FOR FUN, because this post was going downhill in it's negativity and I thought maybe introducing some more constructive ideas as to what we'd all hoped for relating to this topic would pick the spirits back up, and possibly create more interesting chatter.

Clearly, I've drastically misread the situation and trying to post about things we'd cooked up as a "man wouldn't this be cool" is now being taken as some crazy push for change when it isn't.

Never once did I try to push an agenda in my first page posts asking for more information. It was clearly just stress over their continued determination to keep any and all information about this topic a secret until the last second when it goes live, which I do not agree with nor will I ever agree with it.
  • Options
    I don't feel like I'm a special snowflake in a position to demand anything, I'm just also not going to sit idle and do nothing when we all have a voice.

Something active posters like myself and others can relate to....
  • Options
    However this is where we can agree to disagree. The Shipments store already contains gear at the cost of just gold, so where's the harm in higher end gear for a higher end cost? The precedent has already been set for gear to be available for purchase, and it hasn't caused any huge upsets yet. I guess I'm just not sure I understand why gear available in Shipments is fine, but gear available in a premium shop is not? Where does the difference here lie?

Oh, I ment to include that in my repose. I see too issues, which are related. Firstly, I definitely don't like the idea of being able to pick any piece of gear from a shop, I like that we are forced to go to to multiple locations. I hope that as more holotables are created we can draw gear from more than just LS/DS missions and make the gear tree more complex (and, dare I say it, perhaps customizable at the higher levels of gear?). I don't want to go one-stop-shopping. Secondly, including full pieces of gear (i.e. not the salvages) in a shop such as this is a tad elitist, especially at the exorbitant price that would be required. But we can agree to disagree, I just wanted to clarify my stance.
  • Options
    Anubis wrote: »

Oh, I ment to include that in my repose. I see too issues, which are related. Firstly, I definitely don't like the idea of being able to pick any piece of gear from a shop, I like that we are forced to go to to multiple locations. I hope that as more holotables are created we can draw gear from more than just LS/DS missions and make the gear tree more complex (and, dare I say it, perhaps customizable at the higher levels of gear?). I don't want to go one-stop-shopping. Secondly, including full pieces of gear (i.e. not the salvages) in a shop such as this is a tad elitist, especially at the exorbitant price that would be required. But we can agree to disagree, I just wanted to clarify my stance.

Okay sure. Maybe completed pieces is a bit much. The idea in place was what gift do you get for the guy that has it all? You get him a completed 50/50 piece of gear, etc, meaning this way there was stuff for sale at all price points. But maybe it's too much? Maybe it isn't? I mean if that person can just buy 20 purchases of a x5 shipment over time, isn't it just saving them time?

I agree with the notion of not being able to buy specific gear and I apologize if that was how I indicated it in my original idea think tank post. What I mean was for gear to function EXACTLY how it functions in the Shipments store we have now - random pieces every refresh with no control over which show up. They'd just be better - instead of a mix of grey/green/blue and the occasional purple, it would be blue and up guaranteed. No greens, no greys. Just blue with plenty of purps.

It shouldn't REPLACE the regular gear grind, just supplement it, similar to Shipments. It provides something we can all probably buy for a long, long time... regardless of how many 7* we have.
  • Options
    @Naecabon that would be awesome if they introduced something like that!! I have not spend much money on the game but love this idea, even though it may take a long time to farm someone you want from the shop I have no complaints. Thank you for posting what you and your mates/guild/team had for the idea and hope it happens.
    I'd like to also thank the devs for giving us this little teaser :)
  • Options
    I hope Jar Jar is the mystery exclusive character!
  • Options
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Naecabon I can't share further details at this time. Feel free to ask your questions over in the thread I just created though.

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your playerbase are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

I guess I'm just really having a hard time understanding the company policy you guys have adapted on information pertaining to your game. The Shard Shop is something a lot of your big spenders have been patiently waiting months for, and this isn't really a "preview" at all. This was just confirming what a different dev said weeks ago, in that this was "coming in the next update." We knew that already. This post didn't give us any new information we didn't already have.

Why the tight lips on stuff like this? Why wait until the last possible second when a patch is going live to ACTUALLY preview new content? Is it a concern a lot of us are going to be unhappy with it and you don't want to hear about it prior to launch? I have no idea why else you guys would be so so so adamant of keeping us in the dark as long as possible until the last second.

Because **** changes. He's not promising us gold and delivering silver. So shut up and wait, or stop playing.

Also, it's out of fairness to the other players. F2p players that can't spend $100 on getting an exact character shard so they have the new character 2 hours after release.
  • Options
    I have an idea! Obviously to reach 7 stars takes some gold, about 2M, however how about that people can only trade extra when character is fully maxed on experience to current level cap? This will take another 3M gold. So that everyone can get extra shards for exchange from regular game-play, and those with maxed chromium characters would have to spend gold to upgrade useless characters first. Thus not giving too much advantage.
  • Options
    Well I'm going to back away from this thread. You guys can do your debate club thing and I'll just wait till next week for part 2.
  • Options
    @Naecabon

This dude obviously has an agenda. Don't feed the trolls.
    Star Wars: Galaxy of Supporting Cast Members
  • Options
    Anubis wrote: »

Okay sure. Maybe completed pieces is a bit much. The idea in place was what gift do you get for the guy that has it all? You get him a completed 50/50 piece of gear, etc, meaning this way there was stuff for sale at all price points. But maybe it's too much? Maybe it isn't? I mean if that person can just buy 20 purchases of a x5 shipment over time, isn't it just saving them time?

I agree with the notion of not being able to buy specific gear and I apologize if that was how I indicated it in my original idea think tank post. What I mean was for gear to function EXACTLY how it functions in the Shipments store we have now - random pieces every refresh with no control over which show up. They'd just be better - instead of a mix of grey/green/blue and the occasional purple, it would be blue and up guaranteed. No greens, no greys. Just blue with plenty of purps.

It shouldn't REPLACE the regular gear grind, just supplement it, similar to Shipments. It provides something we can all probably buy for a long, long time... regardless of how many 7* we have.

I would be fine with it if it was random and not complete pieces.
  • Options
    xJazzx wrote: »

I don't want to "push" anything. I could care less. I posted our ideas for FUN, AGAIN FOR FUN, because this post was going downhill in it's negativity and I thought maybe introducing some more constructive ideas as to what we'd all hoped for relating to this topic would pick the spirits back up, and possibly create more interesting chatter.

Clearly, I've drastically misread the situation and trying to post about things we'd cooked up as a "man wouldn't this be cool" is now being taken as some crazy push for change when it isn't.

Never once did I try to push an agenda in my first page posts asking for more information. It was clearly just stress over their continued determination to keep any and all information about this topic a secret until the last second when it goes live, which I do not agree with nor will I ever agree with it.
    EA_Jesse wrote: »
    @Naecabon I can't share further details at this time. Feel free to ask your questions over in the thread I just created though.

...why? This is the part I don't understand. You guys have an update coming in a few weeks, you already know 100% what's going in it, you have the ability to answer questions a large portion of your playerbase are hungry to find out more about, and you just... choose not to?

I guess I'm just really having a hard time understanding the company policy you guys have adapted on information pertaining to your game. The Shard Shop is something a lot of your big spenders have been patiently waiting months for, and this isn't really a "preview" at all. This was just confirming what a different dev said weeks ago, in that this was "coming in the next update." We knew that already. This post didn't give us any new information we didn't already have.

Why the tight lips on stuff like this? Why wait until the last possible second when a patch is going live to ACTUALLY preview new content? Is it a concern a lot of us are going to be unhappy with it and you don't want to hear about it prior to launch? I have no idea why else you guys would be so so so adamant of keeping us in the dark as long as possible until the last second.

Because **** changes. He's not promising us gold and delivering silver. So shut up and wait, or stop playing.

^
    It's for your own good if there is details they don't want to disclose. It's still being worked on so changes are probably still happening. So what he tells you may become different.