The Apple Vs. Android exclusive offers comments and questions *** MEGATHREAD***

Replies

• Options
    Yeah kinda sucks but it is still early let's hope .
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    Golden124 wrote: »
    Darax_ren wrote: »

This game only lasts as long as people are prepared to keep playing and paying. If lots of people leave, no-one gets to play. So when I say "what's best for everyone", I'm talking about the long term health of the game. That meaningful enough for you?

Bingo. while they gloat over their free stuff they miss the overall big picture that since it's now established that the developer will allow a one sided situation like this, a lot of people with an ounce of common sense will recognize that the game becomes one sided and not worth playing.

If iOS users got OP freebies that android players would never be able to get, I guarantee their tunes would change in a heartbeat.

you must not have been playing that long if you just now realized that there are OS exclusive events.

Such as?

What we got Poe the useless tank that no one users... Whilst again Android got Phasma which was one of top lead characters for awhile

that was only for USA players. Anyway, that was a long time ago, so people should have/could have known that this is a real thing happening in this game, it didnt break the game back then, and won't now.

This. Everyone just relax. Lol
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Options
    Nastynas91 wrote: »
    Apple screwed you, not EA. You people are like 2-year-olds. When you don't get what you want you start crying. Maybe you should stop to think oh hey, maybe Google paid for this promotion, which is the only logical conclusion

No, EA took the bribe because they only care about the money. That's morally wrong. Device exclusive content is going to **** people off no matter what platform you are on and it's unfair in every sense. Especially this one, a Droid Rebel. He synergizes with the two most powerful factions in the game and we are just supposed to take the **** and say thank you for it.

While I also agree that the iOS users are being treated unfairly, I don't think you should be saying its a "bribe" It sounds like a mutually agreed deal rather than a bribe.
  • Options
    CG could invest some money they earned from the deal with Google into a new game feature. It would be called migration path, allowing to switch player accounts between platforms. This is a feature I miss from the very beginning of the game...
  • Options
    NicWester wrote: »
    NicWester wrote: »
    Just saying, this is probably the last straw for a lot of people. EA would be wise not to make us mad considering we make up a very large portion of their player base.

What is WRONG with you people? Don't you ever think about ANYTHING before you grab your torch and pitchfork?

Apple users make up the majority of the market here.

Android wants to increase its market share.

Android pays for a giveaway to entice its users to the game and help retain its users already in the game.

That's it. That's the end of the conspiracy. That's as deep as it goes. A company wanted a thing so they paid for it. Another company didn't want a thing so they didn't pay for it. God, grow the hell up...

So you are ok with a company accepting a bribe and not caring for most of their player base. Yes by this logic EA are business genius' for **** off over half of the players that play one of their best revenue streams.

THAT'S NOT A BRIBE, YOU DUMB ****.

That's not how ANYTHING works. God...

Google went to them and paid for some kind of promotion. EA accepts and goes through with a free character that is exclusive to only Google players. Sound like a textbook definition of a bribe. Are you going to be happy when Apple bribe EA for an IOS exclusive event and we get a toon that counters Rebels?

you can't be serious, are you trolling or seriously that stoopid?

Dead serious. Explain to me how taking money and giving a device exclusive toon isn't a bribe and ever morally correct for a business.

No. I don't have to prove it isn't. You're the one asserting the claim, so the burden of proof is on you. That's how logic works. That's Aristotle 101.
    Ceterum censeo Patientia esse meliat.
  • Options
    +1. Thanks for the new event.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
  • Options
    This is amazing. There's so much troll bait on the forums today. My brain hurts from having to hold back.

Anyway, I need to grab some water due to this:

salt-08.jpg

• Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    +1 Really nice idea. I hope CG does this more often in the future (instead of tournaments).
  • Options
    kaligula wrote: »
    Why do Android Players get a free Char?
    Why do Android Players get free Stormtrooper and Scarif Shards?
    Why will get iOS users nothing?

... Aaaanannnnndd... 100% invalid point.

• Options
    Crying crying and more crying

This is like saying your mother bought you a toy I get jealous and cry i didn't get the same toy.......
  • Options

[/quote]

Love the smug silence from the devs. They knew 100% this would be the consequence of they went through, and they did. Now the players will react. EA/CG I hope what Google paid you was worth it, lol.[/quote]

They not silent now, asking for feed back from the event lol
    Lost in the 20th century
  • Options
    Oootini wrote: »

I 100% guarantee you android users would feel incensed if the shoe was on the other foot. Why are all the Android users attacking the iOS ones?have we accused you of doing anything? No we are angry at the corporations. So get off your high horses and stop licking their b*lls

I am incensed. I am incensed that I got Biggs instead of Wedge. I could easily farm Biggs' X-Wing. That thing shows up all the time. I already had Biggs 7 star since he is so easy to farm out of galactic war. Everything about Wedge is harder to farm. Android users got screwed.
  • Maegor
    1217 posts Member
    Options
    Was it a bribe when Apple pushed the U2 album to iTunes? Should they have also given it to Windows Media Player users?

They could have had my copy I never asked for it lol.

I can't seem to remove that album from my ipad, shuffle all isn't an option anymore because of that. awefull songs.

You have to go into your itunes account to delete. Super PITA.
  • dad2my3
    1561 posts Member
    Options
    Ring wrote: »
    +1 Really nice idea. I hope CG does this more often in the future (instead of tournaments).

I hate tournaments, but I'm on an iPhone, so I have no other choice. I've never unlocked a tournament character.
  • Plokoon187
    158 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Misquoting a specialty? Ewoks packs to IOS. IOS also got a promo for a free lando a while back that android didnt. I don't recall complaining about any of those. It's a game. With gambling and "unfair advantages" to many. Get over it or delete the game because you hate the business model and move on.

And this isn't debating, this is the Internet. a place for people to come and complain and feel empowered. Now go back to playing the game as EA calculated you would and be righteously indignant for 2 days
  • Options
    I am gratefull as well.
    K2 is a decent substitute for Baze/Shore in a droid team.
    I choose the Red Pill.
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    This is like saying your mother bought you a toy I get jealous and cry i didn't get the same toy.......
    No it's nothing at all like that. And you wouldn't even say this if you hadn't got the freebies yourself.

I'm saying that content shouldn't be given to one OS over another in a game where we play together *because it's bad for all of us*. We should all be able to recognise that and not be blinded by whether we personally benefitted from it this time.
  • Options
    Gloat? Give me a break :)

Telling hystical kids (guessing here, if its adults then I dont know what the world is coming to) to calm down is not gloating.

I get that its annoying, but this internet consumer outrage is out of hand. Spare some energy for actual issues.

This goes for the Android people that were moaning over Poe, Ewok event and Wedge over Biggs aswell (and on how Ios users buy crystals at a 25-30% reduced rate), not an OS exclusive issue.
  • Options
    Plokoon187 wrote: »
    Misquoting a specialty? Ewoks packs to IOS. IOS also got a promo for a free lando a while back that android didnt. I don't recall complaining about any of those. It's a game. With gambling and "unfair advantages" to many. Get over it or delete the game because you hate the business model and move on.

And this isn't debating, this is the Internet. a place for people to come and complain and feel empowered. Now go back to playing the game as EA calculated you would and be righteously indignant for 2 days

What were you smoking? IOS never got a free Lando. Get your facts right scrub.
  • Options
    Big_Boss wrote: »
    No it's nothing at all like that. And you wouldn't even say this if you hadn't got the freebies yourself.

I'm saying that content shouldn't be given to one OS over another in a game where we play together *because it's bad for all of us*. We should all be able to recognise that and not be blinded by whether we personally benefitted from it this time.

FYI @Darax_ren I have a Iphone 5C
  • Options
    Biased Rebel scum, the whole lot of you. It's awful and you all know it.
  • Darax_ren
    363 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Lasserini - You haven't even engaged in what I'm saying and are instead reading into this all sorts of personal stuff that I don't even know where it comes from.

This isn't a psychoanalysis. Noone is bringing emotion into this except for you.
  • Aero
    2972 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    android users are probably less likely to swich to iOS because of promotions like this, their choice in OS feels even more like the right choice.
    If promotions like this didn't have any positive effect on costumer retention or didnt bring any new customers they wouldn't be happening. Their highly paid marketing department probably knows their stuff better than you (no offence)

I'm well aware that there is a guy with a title and salary making these decisions that absolutely knows more than me. Still confused.

You'd think the fact that you can't transfer accounts is already enough for consumer retention. Only possible thing is perhaps the consumer thinking, "wow,look at these exclusive events for android! I bet future games will have them too!" which is a fair argument I suppose. I'm doubting how many people are out there where that would have an influence on their purchase, but who knows.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Noone is bringing emotion into this except for you.

noone? have you been on the forum today? haha
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • RAYRAY
    2761 posts Member
    Options
    I just don't think we can trust the datamine on this one. This is a big deal. Also, the datamine's first line on Reddit is "Earn Cassian Andor Shards" It seems incomplete. If you look further down where it says "Earn K2SO Shards" with a bunch of stuff about the event around it. It seems to me that the datamine is incomplete or they took some things out that aren't quite ready yet. Also, K2SO is NOT a "Sandtrooper Captain" (possible empire character coming?)
    ☮ Consular ☮ American Rebel Rebel Force (Endor) JedhaYavin IV
  • Ring
    559 posts Member
    Options
    Biased Rebel scum, the whole lot of you.

I resent that! Would Rebel scum write THIS?
  • Options
    I actually have considered it OP. They seem to get more free stuff that actually works in the meta. IOS might as well have gotten a half eaten PB&J instead of that ridiculous Ewok event that netted us Ewok shards.
  • Options
    Thank you !
  • Options
    Ring wrote: »
    Biased Rebel scum, the whole lot of you.

I resent that! Would Rebel scum write THIS?

Probably. We might have a Rebel spy infiltrating our Imperial ranks.
  • Options
    Said it before, will say it again. I don't believe either group of phone users should be discriminated against just because of the type of device they choose. As an Apple user, of course I'm cheesed off to the max that I missed out on a free 7* character (who looks awesome!). Equally, I felt the Ewok event we got on Apple was just as unfair (although honestly, less cheesed off because I was the one getting the rewards!).

This isn't just a little token thing, this is a massive deal, and even if the character DOES get released to Chromiums, it sticks in my throat a little that I have to pay for something that others were able to get for free.
This discussion has been closed.