B2 vs TIE pilot

Replies

• Options
    Lol guess who's bad at interpreting which default avatars are which....... my B, my dude.

No, I get the confusion as I did say I target non Droid teams running B2 on my shard, and I also realize my team is an easier 1 to beat on computer run D... but it wins on offense and has a cpl surprises due to mods. However I'd target it myself.
  • Options
    I regret not going for B2.
    I have TFP G11, but having a B2, would've been helpful in Arena.

Maybe do both and start with TFP if your EP is strong.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @lukeroks I'll give you the same advice I give to everyone who asks, and it's the correct advice, read all of this, and take it.

4* B2, then do tie pilot. My b2 has been 0/65 for three months now, and it has made zero difference to how useful he is. Stars would help him with damage and health. He doesnt need damage and he will always survive, if they kill him they'll do it last and you lost anyway. He is just there to clear buffs that need clearing for you to win, of which there are always many, in loads of different teams.

In that time since I unlocked him he's probably been the difference in letting me get my 500 crystals pretty much every day vs some of the mobiest d1cks in this game. I don't know if I could do it without such an efficient dispel especially given some of the metas there have been, like shoretrooper with wiggs recently (let wedge aoe then b2 will dispel). The things I have needed to dispel in this time have always been taunts, and/or rex tenacity.

The only way he might not be worth it is if new meta teams don't need you to clear buffs but I don't see that happening, taunts always need dispelling. I think there will always be some teams people are using where you need him to clear. Also buff immunity, along with tie pilot gives you a reliable way of not letting taunts come back, vs someone like kenobi/shoretrooper.

I haven't read everything but I think everyone said a lot about defence, offence is the most important. If you can beat any team, you can make 500 crystals a day, which is the most important. Don't worry too much about defence although it's nice to stay higher.

One day b2 may be raid king, where you literally need him to clear buffs in a new raid. That day you will need him 7*. But right now he is pretty much the same at 4*, get him and move on.

But another raid is so far away, if ever, it's not worth thinking about now, if ever.

So, farm him 4*, 1/4 of the time needed, and only took me a week, then get TFP.

Now, gear is the question. Generally, never worry about shards with a character (this is different of course you do need to get the toons asap). Only worry about gear. 'Is this character worth the gear?' is the only question you should ever ask when you figure who you are maxing.

A word of advice with that on b2, He may be fine at g8, almost certainly fine at g9, just give him four protection mods on all it the top left and middle left slots. Try it out before you max him in gear
  • Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    @lukeroks I'll give you the same advice I give to everyone who asks, and it's the correct advice, read all of this, and take it.

4* B2, then do tie pilot. My b2 has been 0/65 for three months now, and it has made zero difference to how useful he is. Stars would help him with damage and health. He doesnt need damage and he will always survive, if they kill him they'll do it last and you lost anyway. He is just there to clear buffs that need clearing for you to win, of which there are always many, in loads of different teams.

In that time since I unlocked him he's probably been the difference in letting me get my 500 crystals pretty much every day vs some of the mobiest d1cks in this game. I don't know if I could do it without such an efficient dispel especially given some of the metas there have been, like shoretrooper with wiggs recently (let wedge aoe then b2 will dispel). The things I have needed to dispel in this time have always been taunts, and/or rex tenacity.

The only way he might not be worth it is if new meta teams don't need you to clear buffs but I don't see that happening, taunts always need dispelling. I think there will always be some teams people are using where you need him to clear. Also buff immunity, along with tie pilot gives you a reliable way of not letting taunts come back, vs someone like kenobi/shoretrooper.

I haven't read everything but I think everyone said a lot about defence, offence is the most important. If you can beat any team, you can make 500 crystals a day, which is the most important. Don't worry too much about defence although it's nice to stay higher.

One day b2 may be raid king, where you literally need him to clear buffs in a new raid. That day you will need him 7*. But right now he is pretty much the same at 4*, get him and move on.

But another raid is so far away, if ever, it's not worth thinking about now, if ever.

Now, gear is the question. Generally, never worry about shards with a character (this is different of course you do need to get the toons asap). Only worry about gear. 'Is this character worth the gear?' is the only question you should ever ask when you figure who you are maxing.

A word of advice with that on b2, He may be fine at g8, almost certainly fine at g9, just give him four protection mods on all it the top left and middle left slots. Try it out before you max him in gear

+1000000
  • Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »
    TFP is way better than B2 in almost everyway. More damage, does buff immunity, ability blocks, and has high evasion. TFP has no AOE that dispels and has no Relentless Assault but he has high evasion and damage as a trade off. B2 just isn't that good anymore, near useless in arena in my experience anyways.

Near useless? I think you're just not very good. What place do you finish? Read my previous post

That's just rude man
  • Options

Thank you for clearing this up for me, I was wondering the same thing as the OP. Sounds like I will be farming B2 until unlock then switching to TIE since I anticipate getting a 7* Palps from the event soon. I will be a little tank heavy then since I have chewie 7* (my first lol) STHan 7*, Sun Fac to be 7* soon (from fleet shipments) Nebit soon to be 7* and RG in the works. Another attacker for my palps team will be awesome!
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Mullato
    2582 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Cardiff0

+1. That's some really sound advice.
    Post edited by Mullato on
  • Options
    Cesium wrote: »

Thank you for clearing this up for me, I was wondering the same thing as the OP. Sounds like I will be farming B2 until unlock then switching to TIE since I anticipate getting a 7* Palps from the event soon. I will be a little tank heavy then since I have chewie 7* (my first lol) STHan 7*, Sun Fac to be 7* soon (from fleet shipments) Nebit soon to be 7* and RG in the works. Another attacker for my palps team will be awesome!

Just a heads up tfp takes forever to farm with worse drops than wedge.. or prob the same it just seems worse... I hate all the 10 energy cantina energy farming
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @Mullato I thought I was ten! Lol
  • Options
    Cesium wrote: »

Just a heads up tfp takes forever to farm with worse drops than wedge.. or prob the same it just seems worse... I hate all the 10 energy cantina energy farming

Wedge only took me 2 weeks to farm so it was lightning fast getting him and biggs lol

let me explain how: I play on IOS so I got his character for free, and I had already started farming him (60/80) and had not unlocked him yet so I got the full character and five stared him the next day. Then we got the 1000 crystal present from EA which I used on an extra refresh a day (was already doing one, so total of 2 a day now) and THEN he became farmable in fleet shipments so I was able to farm him there also. This made him one of my fasted 0-7* farms ever which is ironic because people always complain about the terrible drop rates of wedge. When I farmed him I was consistently getting 50% drop rates (Which now that I look back on that seems a bit odd and lucky lol)

I guess what I'm saying is I laugh every time someone mentions how hard it is to farm wedge and how bad the drop rates are...

I probably wont get that lucky with TFP though... oh well I've had my luck...
    F2P - lvl 85 - July Shard - Primary Force Guild Force a Fide Guild - https://swgoh.gg/u/cesium/
  • Options
    IMO, in short, Tie pilot only good in EP leads team due to the TM burst, B2 can be useful in any squad.

I'm so glad I maxed B2 first and now farming the Tie pilot, because there are so many shoretrooper/Baze teams in my shard.
  • Options
    another point is because my shard has a few ZETA'ed QGJ lead Jedi team now, so I have to use EP lead Wiggs Baze B2 team to fight them, using Baze&B2's AOE to dispel their constant foresights...

If we are talking about targeting top-3 in arena on a matured shard, B2 is a must for most of the F2Ps. Actually Boba has a higher priority in my to-gear-up list, I'm **** sure he will be more useful than tie pilot to complete the next META.

For whales, they are running Wiggs/Chaze/GK team, no spot for B2:)

• Options
    pchen3082 wrote: »
    IMO, in short, Tie pilot only good in EP leads team due to the TM burst, B2 can be useful in any squad.

I'm so glad I maxed B2 first and now farming the Tie pilot, because there are so many shoretrooper/Baze teams in my shard.

TIE pilot has use outside of arena, B2 not as much
  • Options
    @Mullato I thought I was ten! Lol

Sorry lol, you definitely have redeemed yourself in my book.
  • Options
    @Cardiff0 thanks for the advice, super helpful because I unlocked him yesterday and have him sitting and level 1 still, I'll start farming his gear up and work on starring TIE. How much health and protection have you been able to get on him at that star level?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    B2. Hands down.

He will fit more places and I don't think I will ever replace him in my arena team. Debuff and buff immunity crush a lot of teams.

TFP is an incredible toon, fast and a hard hitter. I just think B2 is more useful.
  • Options

I get that, my top priority is arena, so does B2 have higher priority in my list, just speaking for myself
  • Options
    My current team is wiggs, lando, ST Han and Shore trooper, who should eventually get subbed out for b2.
  • Options
    B2 is somewhat situational
    Getting back to the original topic as to which is better, I still say it's 50/50 in arena depending on your team and who you're facing. In any OTHER area, it's Tie Fighter all day.

Pretty much this and b2 is the only thing keeping droids relevant along with JE.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    NP Mullato

@lukeroks no problem man - I ended up taking mine to G10, which was arguably unnecessary, he was surviving fine at G8 and doing everything I needed from him.

At g10 mine has 60k health and protection, much more than sufficient
  • Options

I get that, my top priority is arena, so does B2 have higher priority in my list, just speaking for myself

It's 50/50 with pure arena use, depends on what you're using and who you're facing. If empire, Palp led, id use tie. But B2 can be plugged in as well so... tough choice. I think B2 is gonna struggle after everyone has Palp to shock. Once shocked he's dead weight
  • Options
    B2 will be gone by the end of the month when everyone is running Palpatine squads. One shock and he's out of the fight, nothing but dead weight.

B2 is very important when you are facing firsttaunt team anywhere in game-arena, GW. A close substitute would be Fac and Shoretrooper combined in a single team. I don't think B2 would be gone with palpatine lead time especially when put in a shoretrooper team.
  • Options
    ziccoit wrote: »
    B2 will be gone by the end of the month when everyone is running Palpatine squads. One shock and he's out of the fight, nothing but dead weight.

B2 is very important when you are facing firsttaunt team anywhere in game-arena, GW. A close substitute would be Fac and Shoretrooper combined in a single team. I don't think B2 would be gone with palpatine lead time especially when put in a shoretrooper team.

He's gonna be diminished, Palp stuns, then shocks after taunt is removed. We'll see how it plays out. Will depend on a number of factors. I think he'll still be good but will be more reliant on others in the team to still be as effective
  • Options
    @WrathofCaedus he could be diminished vs meta teams. I'd be more worried about toons coming with daze than shock. Only palpatine has shock, and it can be avoided from going on b2, ai palpatine also doesn't target b2 I don't think. And, he has probably already cleared the buffs you need him to get rid of at that point. Palpatine shocking anyone is pretty bad news actually, if he went with b2 and I've got rid of the buffs I need to already, I'd be delighted

It depends on who you face. And what teams will come out. One problem with him, is he needs the other team to have aoe, at the right time, to pull him up when you want him pulled up. Single target attackers make him a lot less reliable, and unpredictable turn meter can mess with him a lot. Still I really have needed him.

He is a one stop shop for stopping buffs that really need stopping. He is just a handyman, it's impossible to predict meta teams, but I would imagine you will want him there against many possible teams. Certainly right now he helps me and has helped me with every team there has been up to this point.

4* and g8/9 is worth it at the least.
  • Options
    I've can get to number 1 any time I want, and have literally never used b2. I will say that he is a hard counter foremost strategies in this game. However, there is plenty ways for the enemy to make b2 dead weight on team(daze,shock,stun). He is not nessecary for a top teir team, he can make it into top teir teams, but I think there are better options. It's easy to ignore him and be completely fine. For example my team doesn't really rely on an auto taunt or any taunt matter in fact, so b2 doesn't effect me when attacking.
    B2 is just insurance that no buff will be a problem for you.
    That being said he is viable at 4* and low gears for gw. Truthfully I would never add him to my arena team. No damage and just an odd character to me, not my style.
    Tie pilot is super good, one of fastest toons on game, so he can go first and ability block your chosen enemy. Super damage and has great synergy with empire.
    I would recommend tie pilot,
    Also he is a pilot.
    I had to make this same decision this week. I went with tie pilot for many reasons. I have a 4* b2 that I am thinking about leveling and gearing to 7 or 8, just for the insurance.
  • Options
    You don't need him at all, you don't really need any characters. Even wiggs, I have been wiggless (I hate cheesy loser OP wiggs) and been fine even though they are in pretty much every arena team.

B2 is just a good unit to have. Having the ability to dispel all buffs efficiently like he does is just a good weapon to have in your arsenal, and not something anyone else can do with the same efficiency. Although baze is very good.

Maybe there will be better toons and better compositions that mean you won't use him (same could be said for TFP, or farming anyone), maybe I won't use him so much in the next few months (could also be said for all characters you use) but he needs little work and is a great unit you can throw in when you see he is needed. Any teams without new amazing characters in you will own them, that's for sure. The number of teams b2 allowed me to completely own I can't even tell you.

Everyone talks about defence defence defence. Other teams can stop him with EP, daze, when they attack you blah blah blah. It's not important, just worry about being able to beat every team you can see so you can get your crystals. Build a diverse set of options that will let you take care of problems teams will cause you. Having the ability to mass dispel has been pretty great up to this point, in the future it could be less so, could be more so, who knows what teams everyone will run, but mass dispel is just a good tool to have, and something he's done so much better than anyone else could have.

It's also not THAT easy to stop him, like anyone else, he could be untargetable because of a taunt. my b2 has never been shocked. Stun is also not effective because of his TM gain. Stun him and he could go again straight away. Stun is more effective on everyone else. Daze would make him pretty useless until you dispel it, but no current daze characters, Rey or maul, would be remotely problematic for him in arena.

All characters/strategies can be stopped. It's just what do you need to do to stop them. Is it hard or easy. If you need to do a lot to stop a strategy it's hard to win. But it doesn't matter if others can stop him, you don't even need to keep him on defence, it just matters that he can help you against current teams, and possible teams.

And he's cheap. just leave him at 4*, no point going further, do TFP now.
  • Options
    If you are FTP its B2 all the way. How else are you going to beat someone with a 100K health/prot shoretrooper. You need to crack open their defences to target their attackers.
  • Options
    I'd actually like to ask—how consistent is TFP's buff immunity? The biggest issue I face in arena running a Wiggs Chaze team is fast STHan. He taunts and then Baze becomes a TM machine for the opposing team, which I've been mostly able to deal with until now. I have Shoretrooper in the fifth spot, but it makes no difference when two of my toons are gone because of Lando before anyone can move.

If TFP is consistent, he'd be perfect here. But if not, I'd rather rely on B2's dispel, since dispel is much more consistent than debuffs. Plus, I guess Baze benefits from enemies gaining buffs, so it's better for them to gain buffs and then lose them.

So do I go for more firepower with TFP, and is he consistent? Or shoot for B2 with less damage but more utility?

EDIT: I'm gonna have 7* Palp and Shore once the event is up. Plus I use TFP's ship.

TIE Pilot always does buff immunity to everyone and I haven't maxed him.

I just use him in Arena and he did 1/5 buff immunity and no block on primary Target. My TFP has 88% potency + Palp lead, so more than 100%, all Omega. Enemies had ~ 30% Tenacity.

You forget AI is totally rigged.
  • Options
    five2zero wrote: »
    I'd actually like to ask—how consistent is TFP's buff immunity? The biggest issue I face in arena running a Wiggs Chaze team is fast STHan. He taunts and then Baze becomes a TM machine for the opposing team, which I've been mostly able to deal with until now. I have Shoretrooper in the fifth spot, but it makes no difference when two of my toons are gone because of Lando before anyone can move.

If TFP is consistent, he'd be perfect here. But if not, I'd rather rely on B2's dispel, since dispel is much more consistent than debuffs. Plus, I guess Baze benefits from enemies gaining buffs, so it's better for them to gain buffs and then lose them.

So do I go for more firepower with TFP, and is he consistent? Or shoot for B2 with less damage but more utility?

EDIT: I'm gonna have 7* Palp and Shore once the event is up. Plus I use TFP's ship.

TIE Pilot always does buff immunity to everyone and I haven't maxed him.

I just use him in Arena and he did 1/5 buff immunity and no block on primary Target. My TFP has 88% potency + Palp lead, so more than 100%, all Omega. Enemies had ~ 30% Tenacity.

You forget AI is totally rigged.

I was exaggerating, almost everytime TIE Pilot is successful.