B2 vs TIE pilot

Replies

• Options
    Aknf2001 wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »
    I just use him in Arena and he did 1/5 buff immunity and no block on primary Target. My TFP has 88% potency + Palp lead, so more than 100%, all Omega. Enemies had ~ 30% Tenacity.
    I was exaggerating, almost everytime TIE Pilot is successful.
    As in 1 time out of 5? :D

• Options
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    You don't need him at all, you don't really need any characters. Even wiggs, I have been wiggless (I hate cheesy loser OP wiggs) and been fine even though they are in pretty much every arena team.

B2 is just a good unit to have. Having the ability to dispel all buffs efficiently like he does is just a good weapon to have in your arsenal, and not something anyone else can do with the same efficiency. Although baze is very good.

Maybe there will be better toons and better compositions that mean you won't use him (same could be said for TFP, or farming anyone), maybe I won't use him so much in the next few months (could also be said for all characters you use) but he needs little work and is a great unit you can throw in when you see he is needed. Any teams without new amazing characters in you will own them, that's for sure. The number of teams b2 allowed me to completely own I can't even tell you.

Everyone talks about defence defence defence. Other teams can stop him with EP, daze, when they attack you blah blah blah. It's not important, just worry about being able to beat every team you can see so you can get your crystals. Build a diverse set of options that will let you take care of problems teams will cause you. Having the ability to mass dispel has been pretty great up to this point, in the future it could be less so, could be more so, who knows what teams everyone will run, but mass dispel is just a good tool to have, and something he's done so much better than anyone else could have.

It's also not THAT easy to stop him, like anyone else, he could be untargetable because of a taunt. my b2 has never been shocked. Stun is also not effective because of his TM gain. Stun him and he could go again straight away. Stun is more effective on everyone else. Daze would make him pretty useless until you dispel it, but no current daze characters, Rey or maul, would be remotely problematic for him in arena.

All characters/strategies can be stopped. It's just what do you need to do to stop them. Is it hard or easy. If you need to do a lot to stop a strategy it's hard to win. But it doesn't matter if others can stop him, you don't even need to keep him on defence, it just matters that he can help you against current teams, and possible teams.

And he's cheap. just leave him at 4*, no point going further, do TFP now.

People talk about defense because if you're dropping more ranks then you can gain back then you're losing. And that's what I'm talking about when I say he'll be diminished w all the palp leads. Anyone can win on offense, given the right team. But not just any team can hold rank on defense. Time will tell but I just don't think he'll be as effective. He is a great toon tho & I agree a great addition to any collection. I would just farm tfp first, given the choice between the 2. For 1 thing he's a Darkside pilot, and for another, he's a beast in tank raid. Also part of a new meta. But that's me.
  • Options
    Why you keep talking about all the palp leads? Everyone in the top 50 on my shard has palp and only a few use him, and b2 is still a great character on my shard. Those that use him rarely drop from top 20, some not from top 10. He is quite essential for most FTP teams.
    Willis Mcgahee of the Mighty Chlorians ~ https://swgoh.gg/u/willis/
  • Options
    Willis wrote: »
    Why you keep talking about all the palp leads? Everyone in the top 50 on my shard has palp and only a few use him, and b2 is still a great character on my shard. Those that use him rarely drop from top 20, some not from top 10. He is quite essential for most FTP teams.

I keep talking about them because they will be becoming more common.
  • Willis
    187 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Most people on older shards already have palp, so yes we've seen it before. He is nothing new. I don't disagree that TFP could be a higher priority farm because of his versatility and synergy, but really palp leads do not make b2 useless. Palpatine has been here for months. He does not have the kind of effect that you are expecting. He just presents one more option.
  • Options
    Most people on older shards already have palp, so yes we've seen it before. He is nothing new. I don't disagree that TFP could be a higher priority farm because of his versatility and synergy, but really palp leads do not make b2 useless. Palpatine has been here for months. He does not have the kind of effect that you are expecting. He just presents one more option.

Then don't agree, I promise I won't lose sleep, it's an opinion and by definition neither right nor wrong.
  • Options
    I said I don't disagree with your opinion on b2 vs TFP. Just saying that I have experience on the effects of EP on a server, and b2 does not disappear. In fact after a few weeks there were only a couple EP leads left.
  • Options
    I said I don't disagree with your opinion on b2 vs TFP. Just saying that I have experience on the effects of EP on a server, and b2 does not disappear. In fact after a few weeks there were only a couple EP leads left.

Whatever man, obviously you farmed B2... good for you.
  • Options
    ddlooping2 wrote: »
    five2zero wrote: »
    I just use him in Arena and he did 1/5 buff immunity and no block on primary Target. My TFP has 88% potency + Palp lead, so more than 100%, all Omega. Enemies had ~ 30% Tenacity.
    I was exaggerating, almost everytime TIE Pilot is successful.
    As in 1 time out of 5? :D

4 out of 5 average
  • Options

Yes..... let the salt flow through you...
  • Options

Yes..... let the salt flow through you...

Ha....
  • Options
    4 out of 5 average
    Much better. :)
    I've used him in The Pit (Tier VI) for the first time today and was very disappointed to see his Tenacity Down didn't help Teebo much if at all. Maybe if he had survived longer? :/

• Options
    Lol what's funny is I don't have a single shard of b2, but I think he is a great arena character. I hate him with a passion and think he should be removed from the game. And I'm not sure how many times I gotta say I respect your opinion about farming priorities
  • Options
    And I'm not sure how many times I gotta say I respect your opinion about farming priorities
    You should give up now. :)
    Actually, you should have given up a little while ago. ;)

• Options
    Lol maybe I should have given up. I tend to get a little riled up when it comes to B2 because I really hate that wimpy droid.
  • Options
    I'm going to farm b2 just took get the top spot in arena in my shard. TFP is next on my list. I have a plan for a pretty awesome team.
  • Options
    I know its a little off topic but with the double drop I need to decide who next in Cantina if someone does not mind answering. I have TFP, so who is next? I could do, B2, Wedge, Ayla, ImaGun, Anikin. Have non Wedge rebels. Working on Boba, Sun Fac, will get Palp. Thanks
  • Options
    I know its a little off topic but with the double drop I need to decide who next in Cantina if someone does not mind answering. I have TFP, so who is next? I could do, B2, Wedge, Ayla, ImaGun, Anikin. Have non Wedge rebels. Working on Boba, Sun Fac, will get Palp. Thanks

I say do Wedge for sure. Wedge Biggs and Lando are valuable in so many areas of the game.
  • Options
    Is both an option? also I'd say it depends if you have a tank or dps heavy setup already. That should be what tells you who to chose.
    I hate these new timesinks called Tb/tw. Annoying features.
  • Options
    Max Wedge --> B2 to 4* --> Anakin --> Aayla imo. Get IGD from guild shipments and the hard node with the syringes.
  • Options
    @WrathofCaedus

People talk about defense because if you're dropping more ranks then you can gain back then you're losing. And that's what I'm talking about when I say he'll be diminished w all the palp leads. Anyone can win on offense, given the right team. But not just any team can hold rank on defense. Time will tell but I just don't think he'll be as effective. He is a great toon tho & I agree a great addition to any collection. I would just farm tfp first, given the choice between the 2. For 1 thing he's a Darkside pilot, and for another, he's a beast in tank raid. Also part of a new meta. But that's me.

It is somewhat important, but way overstated how important it is. People only talk about defence rather than having options for offence. If you have a good team that's geared you'll stay high enough to take first. If you are one of the best teams on your server, you won't need to refresh and spend the 50 crystals on extra battles, which is nice, but the main thing is just being able to beat any team and win the 500 crystals.

And you don't need to keep b2 on defence if you have better options, he's just a good guy to have to take on a lot of teams

I would possibly also say farm TFP first if it was an even playing field, he is great, but the reason i'd 100% do b2 first, not instead just first, is that he only needs 4* and 1 week and he can help you so much. Op already has b2 4*, but if someone was wondering this now, with double drops, I'd say just go get him now you'll have him in 3/4 days and be done with it, you'll clean up so many of the teams you find.
  • Options
    basically i asked, is Wedge still a must? (apparently yes) and, is Anakin or other Jedi better than B2? (seems generally no) thank you! wedge double drops here I come. arena is currently Lando, TFP, Phasma, Han, Scarib to answer that question. It works good enough for 15-8ish finish on a 75-78ish level shard. bad luck on mods, 1 4 dot speed health mod is the best arrow I have gotten. so maybe it would be a better team if simply faster.
  • Options
    @Gold_Leader_KY

4* b2. Read what I said earlier in the thread

Wiggs still really good, no one an absolute 'must', depends on your squads. although wiggs probably closest.
  • Options
    4 out of 5 average
    Much better. :)
    I've used him in The Pit (Tier VI) for the first time today and was very disappointed to see his Tenacity Down didn't help Teebo much if at all. Maybe if he had survived longer? :/

Got to hear him up, I've seen some rediculous vids
    basically i asked, is Wedge still a must? (apparently yes) and, is Anakin or other Jedi better than B2? (seems generally no) thank you! wedge double drops here I come. arena is currently Lando, TFP, Phasma, Han, Scarib to answer that question. It works good enough for 15-8ish finish on a 75-78ish level shard. bad luck on mods, 1 4 dot speed health mod is the best arrow I have gotten. so maybe it would be a better team if simply faster.

Anakin is most definitely a better toon than B2 & tfp. At the moment he's arguably one of the best toons in the game.
  • ddlooping2
    1046 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @WrathofCaedus, how would gearing him up (I assume you meant TFP) make his Tenacity Down more effective?
    He did apply it, it's just that it didn't look like it had much if any effect (i.e, Teebo's TM reduction was still resisted 2 out of 3 times).
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    @ddlooping2 if the effect is there, there's a 15% chance of resist, no more no less.

Rng can be a cruel mistress though. But retreat and try again and it's fine. Just replay it if you have a bad run
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Also tier 7 pit rancor has much higher tenacity. I've never farmed potency mods, and have only played heroic with red bull/speed teebo and tenacity down for a long time.

I think caedus meant he would have survived longer if geared
  • Options
    Thanks for te reply, Cardiff0. :)
  • Options
    @WrathofCaedus, how would gearing him up (I assume you meant TFP) make his Tenacity Down more effective?
    He did apply it, it's just that it didn't look like it had much if any effect (i.e, Teebo's TM reduction was still resisted 2 out of 3 times).

I just meant that TFP would've survived longer if geared, no matter tenacity down nor your potency there is always a 15% chance to resists. I'd retreat next time and hope for better range.
  • Options
    Thanks, @WrathofCaedus. :)