Thermal detonators don't rely on potency?

I've heard from somewhere here on the forums that thermal detonators have extra potency and are much more hard to resist, is this true?

Replies

• Options
    Yes, at least i know its true for raids, but arena im not sure.
  • Options
    Yes, at least i know its true for raids, but arena im not sure.

Ok, anyone else knows for arena?
  • Options
    You definitely need good potency to get them to stick in raid. Raid monsters have high tenacity and will resist low potency characters often. Thats why in Rancor, Dengar and now Tie Fighter Pilot have a lot of value because they can inflict tenacity-down which makes your debuffs, TM reduction, and thermals stick more often.

You wont need as high of potency in arena because in-general tenacity levels arent going to get as high. That doesnt mean you dont need some though.
  • Tejparn
    50 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options
    You definitely need good potency to get them to stick in raid. Raid monsters have high tenacity and will resist low potency characters often. Thats why in Rancor, Dengar and now Tie Fighter Pilot have a lot of value because they can inflict tenacity-down which makes your debuffs, TM reduction, and thermals stick more often.

You wont need as high of potency in arena because in-general tenacity levels arent going to get as high. That doesnt mean you dont need some though.

Yeah I understand how potency works, but I'm asking because i've seen posts where it's stated that they updated how it works on thermal detonators so that they always has around 100% potency and I want someone to confirm it :)
  • Options
    At least in AAT I needed it. I still see resists on both JE and Scavenger and have seen more when I forgot potency.
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    Options
    Tejparn wrote: »

Yeah I understand how potency works, but I'm asking because i've seen posts where it's stated that they updated how it works on thermal detonators so that they always has around 100% potency and I want someone to confirm it :)

acorrding to the mechanics on swgoh.gg it is:
    (SD+PD)*0.02%

So maxed unmodded JE:
    (2413+3037)*0.02%=109% potency for TD

Here is where it is mentioned in the update notes:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78070/game-update-11-22-2016
    All Thermal Detonator abilities now gain bonus potency based on the Damage stats of the character.
  • Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Tejparn wrote: »

acorrding to the mechanics on swgoh.gg it is:
    (SD+PD)*0.02%

So maxed unmodded JE:
    (2413+3037)*0.02%=109% potency for TD

Here is where it is mentioned in the update notes:
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/78070/game-update-11-22-2016
    All Thermal Detonator abilities now gain bonus potency based on the Damage stats of the character.

Oh ok sorry then :o , but yeah wondering because then I know if I need to mod my Bounty Hunter team with potency mods.
  • Options
    Do potency mods help TD's stick in AAT raid? Or should I increase JE's damage?
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    Options
    Do potency mods help TD's stick in AAT raid? Or should I increase JE's damage?

potency should help them but jawa gain bonus potency for the raid.
    Would help to know the tenacity of the tank/gg/rocket droid
  • Options
    I can unconfirm it. They most definitely do not have around 100% potency just for them. My JE gets resisted fairly often - completely in line with the potency/tenacity mechanics.
  • Options
    I can unconfirm it. They most definitely do not have around 100% potency just for them. My JE gets resisted fairly often - completely in line with the potency/tenacity mechanics.

Same here, it's like 50/50 against tank
  • Options
    Yup, definitely get resists and I don't care enough to get JE's potency up.
  • Options

Same here, it's like 50/50 against tank

Third this. My JE basic is resisted probably 50% of the time.
  • Options
    I have been using JE in a bounty hunter squad (in GW).

It has been a lot of fun. I still get resists but between Zam, Greedo, and JE there are lot of TD's sticking.
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

100% potency doesn't me 100% chance to apply. Even if the opponent was at 0% tenacity there is still a 15% chance to resist.
    edit: my math was backwards.
    Post edited by scuba on
  • Options
    Getting to the root of your question, Zam has 37% and Greedo has 29% potency, and Boba's leader gives max health equal to 50% of the total potency of all bounty hunter allies, so though their thermal detonators have a decent chance of sticking there is added value in pumping up potency.
    314-187-745 || Event Suggestions | Bounty Hunting || #JuhaniNextJune #PadméPlease
  • Options
    Push2Stops wrote: »
    Getting to the root of your question, Zam has 37% and Greedo has 29% potency, and Boba's leader gives max health equal to 50% of the total potency of all bounty hunter allies, so though their thermal detonators have a decent chance of sticking there is added value in pumping up potency.

Finally someone who doesn't asks their own question inside of my thread! thanks! o:)
  • Options

100% potency doesn't me 100% chance to apply. Even if the opponent was at 0% tenacity there is still a 15% chance to resist.

The tank probably has 60% + tenacity on it.
    so 60% tenacity vs 100% potency is 40% chance to resist.

I was under the impression that as long as your potency was equal to or higher than the opponents tenacity, they only have a 15% chance to resist.
  • Options

I was under the impression that as long as your potency was equal to or higher than the opponents tenacity, they only have a 15% chance to resist.

Yeah, he did that backwards. It's MAX(T - P, 15%).
  • Options
    StarSon wrote: »

And for thermal detonators you get a bonus described above. Otherwise this formula is correct.
  • scuba
    14073 posts Member
    edited December 2016
    Options

yeah my bad....
    Still I think the tank has really high tenacity and of course that AI advantage.
  • Options
    With the base 15% resist chance, the AI resisting 50% of the time is still WAI with the AI bias. Which DOES exist.
  • Options
    Related question - I've seen thermal detonators get "dodged" sometimes and "resisted" other times. It seems like it should be one or the other. If it is considered an attack, it can be dodged. If it's considered a status effect, it can be resisted.
  • Options

yeah my bad....
    Still I think the tank has really high tenacity and of course that AI advantage.

Agreed. It must be really high, because Jawas get a 50% potency boost in the raid, and yet it's still resisted all the time.