1 million+ health maul in tank raid.

Replies

• Options
    scuba wrote: »
    Cardiff0 wrote: »
    That's what I'm here for tiggers :smile:

I believe him that he can solo phase 3, but it's normal tank, not heroic. So yeah pretty sure you can solo p3 with it on normal, dunno about other phases.

No one knows if he could do p3 heroic, I suspect he can't. And if he can't then it's pretty useless and there's not much to see here because you either can go past enrage and keep surviving forever, or can't in which case you won't get a great score anyway.

I don't think in heroic he could get to enrage with such a huge health figure, or even if he could get so much, i don't think he could keep it after enrage, i think he would probably take too much damage and get hit by shaken. perhaps there are ways to survive I don't know, but I don't think you could get to health that high anyway

Still, it would be good to see people test this shnit out.

This started in p2, yes normal, but if you can do something similar in p2 or p4 heroic I would say it is going to be a pretty good score. Doesn't have to go into or even solo p3. Someone will probably share it working soon, just going to be about getting the right support around him to make it work.

I think that if he can't survive past enrage, it won't be a great score. The boss will enrage quickly and take him out in the time others would have done similar damage, the health gain wouldn't matter then

Also the difference in what is being talking about is soloing a whole phase on auto and a couple hundred k
  • Options
    I'm not very hopeful, but would be great to see it tested out for sure
  • Options
    Ok so now the meta is maul?
  • Tigzie
    579 posts Member
    Options
    Iron_Zilla wrote: »
    Ok so now the meta is maul?

For normal it seems that way as a couple have replicated

For heroic it's untested and only a theory so far but hopeful
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

I believe him that he can solo phase 3, but it's normal tank, not heroic. So yeah pretty sure you can solo p3 with it on normal, dunno about other phases.

No one knows if he could do p3 heroic, I suspect he can't. And if he can't then it's pretty useless and there's not much to see here because you either can go past enrage and keep surviving forever, or can't in which case you won't get a great score anyway.

I don't think in heroic he could get to enrage with such a huge health figure, or even if he could get so much, i don't think he could keep it after enrage, i think he would probably take too much damage and get hit by shaken. perhaps there are ways to survive I don't know, but I don't think you could get to health that high anyway

This started in p2, yes normal, but if you can do something similar in p2 or p4 heroic I would say it is going to be a pretty good score. Doesn't have to go into or even solo p3. Someone will probably share it working soon, just going to be about getting the right support around him to make it work.

I think that if he can't survive past enrage, it won't be a great score. The boss will enrage quickly and take him out in the time others would have done similar damage, the health gain wouldn't matter then

Also the difference in what is being talking about is soloing a whole phase on auto and a couple hundred k

Thing is that he did make it past enraged in p2. Again I know it is normal and definitely needs to be tested in heroic.

The health gain does matter. The top turrent in heroic does 99,999 damage. The others while enraged do damage around 40k I believe, I have had characters live through a shot of them. So if you can get high enough health pool for him to live through it and keep going than a high score is quite possible. Again all theory till has been tested with the right team.

The main discussion was about Maul getting 1m health pool. Yes it has moved into can you auto and solo however If this team can get 25%+ of p2 that will higher than any other score I have seen. Clones and droids I have seen at 25% of p2 but takes super speed mods.
  • Cardiff0
    516 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Thing is that he did make it past enraged in p2. Again I know it is normal and definitely needs to be tested in heroic.

The health gain does matter. The top turrent in heroic does 99,999 damage. The others while enraged do damage around 40k I believe, I have had characters live through a shot of them. So if you can get high enough health pool for him to live through it and keep going than a high score is quite possible. Again all theory till has been tested with the right team.

The main discussion was about Maul getting 1m health pool. Yes it has moved into can you auto and solo however If this team can get 25%+ of p2 that will higher than any other score I have seen. Clones and droids I have seen at 25% of p2 but takes super speed mods.

This was a video of maul scoring huge numbers in the raid, and that's really very relevant to the game, and actually a lot of the discussion was always about scores/p3 of the raid

I actually thought the enrage damage was higher than that so that's good I guess.

Anyway my point is that IF he can't get to a level of health where he is sustaining himself through enrage, he will die quickly after enrage and won't get a good score, certainly nothing like 25%. I think it will be pretty average. If he can survive past enrage, then he will keep going and solo it.

If he will die due to enrage, it will be quickly after enrage and so maul won't get many attacks in at all. The guy doing this on normal said it was autoing for 40 minutes, and he ended up with 4m to give you an idea of how long you need to go for.

And having said that, it basically comes down to I don't think he can get enough health before enrage to survive. I don't know why you are keen on p2 and haven't thought it through on how it would work there but I have my doubts about that too really

To be honest I think the only chance of this working would be through some team that can reduce TM on the B2 in P3 so that maul has enough time to do enough damage to gain enough health, but quickly thinking over P3 setup and the toons we have in the game, I don't know if that would be possible either TBH.
  • Options
    I don't understand where the 250k health healing comes from. Is it from his unique? It's phrased in a very weird way, but doesn't seem to imply he recovers 20% of his max health when he attacks
  • Options
    AndrewIss wrote: »
    I don't understand where the 250k health healing comes from. Is it from his unique? It's phrased in a very weird way, but doesn't seem to imply he recovers 20% of his max health when he attacks

Unique · Level 8
    Power of Hatred
    Darth Maul gains 20% Max Health, gains Max Health equal to 10% of the damage he deals, and Potency equal to 0.3% of his Max Health. Whenever an enemy is defeated, Darth Maul gains bonuses for the rest of the encounter. First Enemy: 25% Critical Chance Second Enemy: 25% Evasion Third Enemy: 25% Max Health recovery on hitting with an attack

• Options
    AndrewIss wrote: »

Unique · Level 8
    Power of Hatred
    Darth Maul gains 20% Max Health, gains Max Health equal to 10% of the damage he deals, and Potency equal to 0.3% of his Max Health. Whenever an enemy is defeated, Darth Maul gains bonuses for the rest of the encounter. First Enemy: 25% Critical Chance Second Enemy: 25% Evasion Third Enemy: 25% Max Health recovery on hitting with an attack

Thanks
  • Josh_K
    1150 posts Member
    Options
    To give you an idea of p2 heroic damage during enrage, the top cannon hits for 99999 damage unbuffed. Maul will be unbuffed most of the time as he will not have enough damage to clear any of the turrets in succession. The single target main tank attack hits for 50k non crit and can apply expose.

Assuming a 47% dodge rate on maul, roughly half. He will take one and a half main tank hits per turn and one side cannon hit. Every other turn he will get nuked for 99999 damage.

He needs about 250k health to have a remote chance of surviving one round. That is 2.5 million damage that he needs to do. You have 15 turns to enrage to achieve this. Maul gets one aoe and maybe 3 single attacks in per turn. Best case scenario that adds up to 100k damage with the best mods and support crew. Remember you have to topple the tank before it gets a 2nd turn otherwise you lose even more damage potential.

You are still a million damage short.
  • Options
    Show me the carfaxs on that tank b4 i buy it...
    A video will suffice too.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

This was a video of maul scoring huge numbers in the raid, and that's really very relevant to the game, and actually a lot of the discussion was always about scores/p3 of the raid

I actually thought the enrage damage was higher than that so that's good I guess.

Anyway my point is that IF he can't get to a level of health where he is sustaining himself through enrage, he will die quickly after enrage and won't get a good score, certainly nothing like 25%. I think it will be pretty average. If he can survive past enrage, then he will keep going and solo it.

If he will die due to enrage, it will be quickly after enrage and so maul won't get many attacks in at all. The guy doing this on normal said it was autoing for 40 minutes, and he ended up with 4m to give you an idea of how long you need to go for.

And having said that, it basically comes down to I don't think he can get enough health before enrage to survive. I don't know why you are keen on p2 and haven't thought it through on how it would work there but I have my doubts about that too really

To be honest I think the only chance of this working would be through some team that can reduce TM on the B2 in P3 so that maul has enough time to do enough damage to gain enough health, but quickly thinking over P3 setup and the toons we have in the game, I don't know if that would be possible either TBH.

The reason I am bring up starting this in p2 is because it is hopefully more time to allow him to build the health pool, that is also where this guy started his run.
    P2 enraged will also put out less damage than p3 enraged. Both have top turrets both have a boss but p2 has only 2 other attackers where as p3 has 6 and the boss counter attacks.

Again I am not saying it will definitely work but is a theory to try..... I remember another theory dismissed by many on this forum called tmr team for p1 rancor raid.
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options
    Josh_K wrote: »
    To give you an idea of p2 heroic damage during enrage, the top cannon hits for 99999 damage unbuffed. Maul will be unbuffed most of the time as he will not have enough damage to clear any of the turrets in succession. The single target main tank attack hits for 50k non crit and can apply expose.

Assuming a 47% dodge rate on maul, roughly half. He will take one and a half main tank hits per turn and one side cannon hit. Every other turn he will get nuked for 99999 damage.

He needs about 250k health to have a remote chance of surviving one round. That is 2.5 million damage that he needs to do. You have 15 turns to enrage to achieve this. Maul gets one aoe and maybe 3 single attacks in per turn. Best case scenario that adds up to 100k damage with the best mods and support crew. Remember you have to topple the tank before it gets a 2nd turn otherwise you lose even more damage potential.

Toppling tank might actually be a bad idea.
    In P2 when you topple you lose an extra turn till enraged because the hull gains 100% tm. If you can take the damage without topple you get 14 turns with toppling you get 7.
  • Options
    I know im just saying I think it doesn't work. I mean to be honest look at it like this. If you take 250k and that was probably a pretty modest estimation, I don't know how you can do 2.5million damage with maul to get his health that high. I've never got close to that with TFP and he is gaining 90% TM every round.
  • Options
    Please note this is on normal. This strategy would never work on Heroic since the cannons are so tanky, Maul won't get through the cannons with that sith team
  • Options

This was a video of maul scoring huge numbers in the raid...

The guy doing this on normal said it was autoing for 40 minutes, and he ended up with 4m to give you an idea of how long you need to go for.

1)This was not a video it was a picture.

2)4m damage in 40 minutes of auto sounds like a good story, but I can do 3m damage with Droids in about 7 minutes without auto.

Something doesn't add up 4 million in 40 min...

My take: personally I doubt he auto for 40 minutes then just retreated just because he randomly decided to... Plus if u could auto the phase why not do it? Why randomly retreat?There's more to be told...

Auto makes things faster so...... 4m in 40 min hmmmmm
  • Options
    I tried Maul in heroic P3 some time ago and found out that you can't come near the damage thay you would need in the 15 rounds. It might work if you had someone manipulating TM consistently, but it doesn't seem feasible. The adds are way more buff in heroic, and there's a lot more damage dished out.
  • Ch0w
    61 posts Member
    Options

The guy doing this on normal said it was autoing for 40 minutes, and he ended up with 4m to give you an idea of how long you need to go for.

2)4m damage in 40 minutes of auto sounds like a good story, but I can do 3m damage with Droids in about 7 minutes without auto.

My take: personally I doubt he auto for 40 minutes then just retreated just because he randomly decided to... Plus if u could auto the phase why not do it? Why randomly retreat?There's more to be told...

I don t know for him but in P4 i was able to auto since maul was able to heal himself with 150k. Unfortunately i coudn't stay more longer and had maul to escape because i was playing during the one hour before payout. True that it is really long to get through
  • Options
    Maul is new teebo. This is gonna get nerfed. Fo Sho. Can't have nice things.
  • Options
    BenObi007 wrote: »
    I tried Maul in heroic P3 some time ago and found out that you can't come near the damage thay you would need in the 15 rounds. It might work if you had someone manipulating TM consistently, but it doesn't seem feasible. The adds are way more buff in heroic, and there's a lot more damage dished out.

Yeah this is the problem. You need millions of damage to make him sustain through enrage. And there's no way to manipulate the boss' TM and/or maul TM enough to do the millions of damage you would need.
  • Options
    This doesn't work on heroic Tank.
  • Options

Have you tried it?
  • MadMalgusReturns
    670 posts Member
    edited January 2017
    Options

Have you tried it?
    Yes, you can get maul to decent health (my basic was healing for 19k) but there isn't enough time before enrage to get his health high enough. I ran him with zeta cody clones in place of Echo so he would get as many turns as possible. He still got one shot when enrage happened
  • scuba
    14049 posts Member
    Options

Have you tried it?
    Yes, you can get maul to decent health (my basic was healing for 19k) but there isn't enough time before enrage to get his health high enough. I ran him with zeta cody clones in place of Echo so he would get as many turns as possible. He still got one shot when enrage happened

Thanks for sharing! I will take a doesn't work with someone having tried it.
  • Options
    On the carrying over between phases issue, I just want to point out that Lando's secondary ability powerup also carries over between phases, which we have all been using for quite some time. I wouldn't be surprised if JKA's damage bonus carries over as well, but being a one shot use he gets along with 100% TM it is quite difficult to set up a situation where it would. All these icon-less buffs seem to be coded the same way and are intended to let you build momentum in multi-part PvE battles, so are working as intended.
  • Options

Thanks for clarifying I saw the nerf maul posts coming
  • Options

And how do you get to 3m damage with droids? I've got maxed droid/Jawa team with very fast mods and I can't get anywhere near that. What's the secret? No topple? What for RNG to apply slow on all guns?
  • Options
    Tuscan21 wrote: »

And how do you get to 3m damage with droids? I've got maxed droid/Jawa team with very fast mods and I can't get anywhere near that. What's the secret? No topple? What for RNG to apply slow on all guns?

Pretty sure he means he got 3m on normal tank raid, but please correct me if that is wrong.
  • Options
    Josh_K wrote: »

@josh_k @scuba You're right, it is probably impossible to get his health up that high before the enraged tank kills him. HOWEVER, his additional health reportedly carries over between phases. This makes me think that there's a chance of it carrying over after escaping with Maul. If you counted out 14 P2 turns and then made Maul escape, you could probably top that 2.5 million mark in another phase. An AoE in P3 would do huge damage because it would hit 7 targets, and P4 is very similar to P2. I don't think it's possible to hit for 2.5M in a single phase, but if you defeated the phase after 14 turns or escaped Maul after 14 turns I think it is possible. Hopefully somebody will test to see if he keeps his increased health after escaping.
  • Options
    I just tested Maul in a Normal Tank raid. His HP does NOT carry over if you retreat him. Wasn't able to clear a phase with him to see if it carries over through phases.